Stand by for Titanfall!

Nah, can't afford $450-500 for another console at this time. I've got a PS4 I won from Taco Bell which satisfies my next gen needs for now. I hope to get an Xbox One by the end of the year.
Damn you won one through TB? Nice man!

I still love this game. To each his own.

Plasma rail gun just requires you to snipe from a distance. It takes time to get the kills, but that's how I did it.

I like the challenges that require you to do "dumb" things just because it's forcing me to try new styles of gameplay that I'd avoid normally.
Yeah I'm enjoying all these optional challenges for all the games I'm playing. For the regular, they'll just hop on and play but for me I like to get in the nitty gritty with pretty much every game I play. For those complaining about matchmaking, don't forget the power of the back button. Hop back to the lobby and then retry joining a match, no need to stay in an lopsided match anyway. Halo is still my matchmaking multiplayer game of choice.

I forgot to mention that one of my few complaints about this game is the lack of a leaderboard that compares your stats to your friends'.
I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose. A leaderboard should be in all games, but it needs cleaning from time to time as people glitch themselves into the top spot. A lot games suffer from this.

Well, after playing with a semi-competent random team last night I managed to get 4 Titan kills with the Railgun. I guess by the end of the year I could have this Railgun thing figured out. haha

Thanks to everyone who gave some helpful feedback/pointers.

Well, after playing with a semi-competent random team last night I managed to get 4 Titan kills with the Railgun. I guess by the end of the year I could have this Railgun thing figured out. haha

Thanks to everyone who gave some helpful feedback/pointers.
Easiest way is be a cheap sniper. It's being a douche basically.

Call in your Titan when other people on your team have them and play the sniper role, but target those low on health and basically steal other peoples kills.

I really wish the first post could be mod edited or Wiki-ed so that we could put names up.  If people need help with Generations, or just want to play with reliable teammates, we could resolve a lot of issues that way. 

Ex:

Xbox One Titanfall players:

-Gamertag, Timezone, Preferred Modes

Xbox 360 Titanfall players:

-Gamertag, Timezone, Preferred Modes

exped_5a.jpg

Oh damn, heat maps don't show killing areas, they show wall running areas now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Amazon had a deal on it, $37, should have picked it up then.
I think we'll see $39.99 as regular price point (if not the MSRP) soon. TRU had it for $39.99 last weekend and it was also part of the B1G1 50% off sale.

Games like this only win if they have a very significant attachment rate since they won't continue to sell well if/when the next iteration comes out (assuming it's a yearly franchise)

While extremely hard to pull off, Episode 2 of Titanfall Mythbusters, don't satchel charge a dropship and blow it up after it escapes since it disconnects players from the server haha. Whoops

http://youtu.be/AfqUt4-y0FU

I didn't know the splash damage from an incoming titan was so strong. I might start using that as a strategy. I literally thought it was just an animation. I never knew it had a use - you know, aside from getting a giant mech out of it

Yeah, it's pretty cool.  I remember getting a titan to self destruct when my titan landed on him.  It's really hard to accomplish since you basically need the opponent to stay still for a few seconds. 

I'm still enjoying the game.  My peeve with this game is they still can't balance out the teams.  It's not that big of a deal to back out and retry another lobby but it's annoying. 

I'm still enjoying the game. My peeve with this game is they still can't balance out the teams. It's not that big of a deal to back out and retry another lobby but it's annoying.
[attachment=4755:unnamed.jpg]

And just to be clear, none of these people are on my friends list (I have a total of 0 friends on XBL... and in real life)

That's actually not all that bad in comparison to most that I've seen. Myself (G3) and a few friends (Lvl 30-ish) get paired with full teams of G9 and G10 players. Ridiculous. It's possible the matchmaking is based off of K/D ratio as a main factor, and those guys just really suck, but still... it's not fun to see. lol
I assume you're on the XB1? The highest I've see on the 360 is Gen6. I would instantly back out if I saw a Gen9. Lol.

I assume you're on the XB1? The highest I've see on the 360 is Gen6. I would instantly back out if I saw a Gen9. Lol.
Yeah. A lot of the high gen players that I encounter aren't all that good. I just played vs. a Gen 9 and I owned him for 4 straight games -- and trust me, I'm terribad.

Yeah I was just holding my own tonight with some Gen 6 and 8 guys. I finally got the played Titanfall for 10 hours challenge. Ehh, I've been playing other stuff, busy.

Played a couple of hours on Sunday after taking a few weeks off. Attrition is still fun but Hardpoint is a total mess. It's as though people never adjusted after the scoring change. Now everyone runs around totally ignoring the objectives. 

Luckily I got my 50 Hardpoint wins and don't ever have to venture back there. What do I need to accomplish to get the instacharge on the plasma?

[quote name="DestroVega" post="11738863" timestamp="1399397165"]Luckily I got my 50 Hardpoint wins and don't ever have to venture back there. What do I need to accomplish to get the instacharge on the plasma?[/quote]don't remember for sure, but I think it came from enemy kills. So grunts and pilots. Don't remember the exact amount needed.

plasma railgun isn't too bad against titans, but it sucks against pilots. I'd recommend using Ogre class with particle shield and don't let them get close to you. Or use Stryder with dash quickcharger and just dash around while you're charging up. If you charge up the railgun and hit the red spot on the titans it does a ton of damage. Learn how much damage it does and if you see two titans fighting you can time your shot to be the one that dooms it.

also keep an eye on your core ability timer. If you're 15 seconds away from shield/dash/damage core, it's best to wait before starting the fight with another titan.

gen 8 on the other hand....winning 100 games is very time consuming.

Luckily I got my 50 Hardpoint wins and don't ever have to venture back there. What do I need to accomplish to get the instacharge on the plasma?
Hardpoint is easy; you can win that solo with crappy teammates. Try winning 50 CTF matches when you've got numbskulls on your team. Once I get that cheeve, I'm no longer venturing there again (unless I need to for a future gen challenge...)

Hardpoint is easy; you can win that solo with crappy teammates. Try winning 50 CTF matches when you've got numbskulls on your team. Once I get that cheeve, I'm no longer venturing there again (unless I need to for a future gen challenge...)
CTF will be one of my last achievements. Can't stand CTF in this game.

I think if you could do them in a private match most of the achievements would be great. If you are looking to just do the achievements I recommend trying to start a session on a JP server where no one is at.

[quote name="Dormin" post="11740747" timestamp="1399442782"]I think if you could do them in a private match most of the achievements would be great. If you are looking to just do the achievements I recommend trying to start a session on a JP server where no one is at.[/quote]every achievement is very doable. The exception being the kill everybody on the way to the drop ship. That takes a lot of skill and luck. The rest are achievements. Not "thanks for participating" trophies. Why cheese them in a private session?

every achievement is very doable. The exception being the kill everybody on the way to the drop ship. That takes a lot of skill and luck. The rest are achievements. Not "thanks for participating" trophies. Why cheese them in a private session?
Id cheese the shit out of kill the opposing team single handedly at the dropship in private. And, if for some reason, I don't have my around the world yet after getting all ganetypes with 50 wins, maybe boost a few matches there too.

bread's done
Back