Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dead of Knight']If this happens again tonight, someone's gon die (or at least get the police called on them).

I was woken up at least 4 times last night, once at 3:30 AM, by people slamming doors and yelling. Pretty sure most of it was this bitch and her male guest(s) ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL. At 3:30 AM I was thinking of going downstairs and telling the front desk, but it stopped.

I am now seriously considering not living in the dorms next year even if my boyfriend hasn't returned.... I was concerned about doing this because of safety, but I think I will try to look for a safe apartment community and go from there.[/QUOTE]Where I am it's somehow cheaper to live off campus. Not a little, either, one can afford a decent two-bedroom for what they ding students for living in the dorms.

[quote name='Dkellar']Yea, and they get dirty very very easy. When we cook, the stop gets food/greasy/something on it. Even if we are sup er super careful. If something boils over and is pressed between the pot and the stove, it's going to burn on top of the ceramic. Now, to get it off, you use this special stove top cleaner and be prepared to do a lot of hard scrubbing. Plus, cooking with electricity is S L O W. I miss cooking on my Mom's gas stove.[/quote]

uhhh totally not true. if you buy the good stove cleaner, the one that you put on while the stove is still warm, and let it sit according to the directions (like 10 minutes or something?) and don't be cheap with it either, you need a decent amount. Shit wipes off with minimal scrubbing. we have a glass top and i had one at my mother's house before we moved in here. the cheap cleaner doesn't work well, you have to go with the good one.

The only thing that bothers me about them is that the greyish outlines of where the burners are actually stained on mine somehow - i think it was tomato sauce. you can touch it and it's not burnt on stuff, it's totally smooth but discolored.

*edit* we didn't buy this stove, the house came with it. it's totaly assinine considering there is a gas hookup and the old owners HAD a gas stove until they remodeled the kitchen. When they did, they left the tan and black dishwasher, the steel sink, and the dark brown stove hood. they got a white fridge and almond stove.:roll:

[quote name='jmcc']Where I am it's somehow cheaper to live off campus. Not a little, either, one can afford a decent two-bedroom for what they ding students for living in the dorms.[/QUOTE]

It depends here. It's like $550/month including utilities for the room only here. I would probably want to live in a more "upscale" place with fewer college students as my main concerns are noise, privacy, safery, and space. On the other hand my friend shares a good-sized apartment with a friend nearby for like $300 plus utilities. The problem is it's kind of in a shitty area near campus. For a guy it's fine to live in, but as a girl I think I would be afraid of getting raped walking alone at night.

EDIT: It seems like the washer/dryer is shrinking my jeans pretty much every time I wash them. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I know I am not gaining weight because everything else is fitting as it should.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It depends here. It's like $550/month including utilities for the room only here. I would probably want to live in a more "upscale" place with fewer college students as my main concerns are noise, privacy, safery, and space. On the other hand my friend shares a good-sized apartment with a friend nearby for like $300 plus utilities. The problem is it's kind of in a shitty area near campus. For a guy it's fine to live in, but as a girl I think I would be afraid of getting raped walking alone at night.

EDIT: It seems like the washer/dryer is shrinking my jeans pretty much every time I wash them. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I know I am not gaining weight because everything else is fitting as it should.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:Good idea clarifying your not gaining weight. JimmieMac can smell a set up like that from up to 10 miles away.
I rarely do laundry but when I lived with my brother and his wife, his wife would throw a wet washcloth in with clothes she didn't want to shrink. Either that or hang them up to dry(Which obviously isn't too feasable since you live in dorms). I don't know if that will stop it for sure though.

Dude. Avatar kicks ass. If I hadn't been missing episodes here and there, I'd have watched the whole series.

So now I gotta get them on DVD.

But they are expensive as HELL.

Ugh, just went to the on-campus housing fair. Not really many options I'm interested in. The superdoubles are pretty big but since I wouldn't know my roommate beforehand, I'm passing on it. My roommate last year was a complete bitch.

This one setup seemed promising, with 2 singles sharing 1 bathroom and a hallway, but you also have to share the microwave and fridge with the person as well unlike in other singles. I am the queen of frozen food so this is kind of unappetizing. I think I will probably go with this though.

The other option is an honors-only hall with singles that are still pretty ass-tiny though it's a tad bigger than the one I have now. It should be quieter since it's honors-only, but still.

At least I have till July to find an apartment and cancel on-campus housing if I want. I think I will sign up for on-campus housing and just cancel if/when I find an apartment.

[quote name='Eviltude']Hey, what all did you list on ebay recently? I've been on a buying spree recently :lol:. I finally went ahead and order MGS:VR Missions last night. Only 14 bucks so it wasn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

It's mostly a bunch of NES / SNES complete (box / manual / mint) games. It's kinda pricey and I wouldn't recommend it unless you were a huge collector who wants everything complete ;) One guy already bought $80 worth of stuff and he's "debating" over dropping another $300.

It would probably be better if I had pics of these things, but I have no camera, and I'm really not even paying attention to it today :lol:

There is a few PS1 stuff up like Parappa the Rapper, R-Types, and a bundle of ok Playstation games.

Making 65 copper bars takes a fucking long time... I think it's done now, so see you all later.

You know, MTV has the worst programming ever. BUT! If you have nothing to do for an entire afternoon or are looking to waste time their endless supply of mindless drivel is perfect.

Its remotely interesting enough to just "kinda" watch it while reading or something.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']uhhh totally not true. if you buy the good stove cleaner, the one that you put on while the stove is still warm, and let it sit according to the directions (like 10 minutes or something?) and don't be cheap with it either, you need a decent amount. Shit wipes off with minimal scrubbing. we have a glass top and i had one at my mother's house before we moved in here. the cheap cleaner doesn't work well, you have to go with the good one.

The only thing that bothers me about them is that the greyish outlines of where the burners are actually stained on mine somehow - i think it was tomato sauce. you can touch it and it's not burnt on stuff, it's totally smooth but discolored.

*edit* we didn't buy this stove, the house came with it. it's totaly assinine considering there is a gas hookup and the old owners HAD a gas stove until they remodeled the kitchen. When they did, they left the tan and black dishwasher, the steel sink, and the dark brown stove hood. they got a white fridge and almond stove.:roll:[/QUOTE]

We have some greyish outlines too but you can get those off by scrubbing very hard. That is the stuff I'm talking about that it's a pain to clean. There are special scrubbers you can get just for these kinds of stoves. And you got to be careful what you clean the top with or else you'll scratch it.

Another downside to these flat top stoves is that POTS AND PANS WILL fuckING SLIDE EVERYWHERE. I cooked eggs for myself the other day for dinner, and it was a battle to make proper scrambled eggs with cheese!!

In other news, my game rack is damn near complete. I've completely sanded it down and there are just two spots I need to touch up. Also have to putty the top and bottom but that won't take by 3 minutes. Then off to priming, painting, and it's done!

[quote name='Roufuss']It's mostly a bunch of NES / SNES complete (box / manual / mint) games. It's kinda pricey and I wouldn't recommend it unless you were a huge collector who wants everything complete ;) One guy already bought $80 worth of stuff and he's "debating" over dropping another $300.

It would probably be better if I had pics of these things, but I have no camera, and I'm really not even paying attention to it today :lol:

There is a few PS1 stuff up like Parappa the Rapper, R-Types, and a bundle of ok Playstation games.

Making 65 copper bars takes a fucking long time... I think it's done now, so see you all later.[/QUOTE]
Linky? I been lookin for some SNES and PS1, wouldn't mind dropping a bit on it, not too much though.

And yes, DoK, we are talking about the dryer.

[quote name='Strell']Dude. Avatar kicks ass. If I hadn't been missing episodes here and there, I'd have watched the whole series.

So now I gotta get them on DVD.

But they are expensive as HELL.[/QUOTE]
I fucking love that show. I think it's the use of the elements that sucks me in. Plus the fight sequences are pretty kick ass, especially once he learns how to use more than one of the ele's.

[quote name='Eviltude']Sweet. By far my favorite cartoon is on. Avatar: The Last Air Bender. Yeah I know it's supposed to be a kids show, but it's pretty fucking sweet.[/quote]YES. Avatar is terrific. The boxset is mine, as soon as they make one and I can get a good deal on it (like $25 from Wal-mart).

[quote name='Eviltude']Linky? I been lookin for some SNES and PS1, wouldn't mind dropping a bit on it, not too much though.

And yes, DoK, we are talking about the dryer.[/QUOTE]

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZroufussQQhtZ-1

If you are interested in anything we can talk prices... I didn't have time to figure out good prices and just slapped on whatever I thought of.

Surpringsly, the things that are uber expensive like the Lolo's and the Mega Man's are getting alot of questions and watchers.

Just remember, most prices are jacked because complete stuff fetches a bit more.

If you see anything you want, let me know so we can work out prices / shipping, and I'll kill the auctions and sell it to you here (save money for me that way, and I offer cheaper first class shipping for CAG rather than Priority Mail since CAG's are more trustworthy).

You posting all your SNES and NES stuff makes me want to ditch all mine. Maybe I will finally get around to selling it and put that money towards a Wii (there really are no games on the Wii I want right now, but I do want to play some stuff on the gamecube and that 40 dollar coupon would put the system in my acceptable range).

I'm looking at Parappa the Rappa and your lot w/ Jet Moto 2, Spiderman, Syphon Filter and Loaded. Looking to see what Loaded is all about now since I've never heard of it.

/Meh, not much interest in loaded and I would only be buying it to get a complete Syphon Filter(I own a disc only copy), so I think I'll pass on that. Possibly a FF PS1 game though./

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm looking at Parappa the Rappa and your lot w/ Jet Moto 2, Spiderman, Syphon Filter and Loaded. Looking to see what Loaded is all about now since I've never heard of it.

/Meh, not much interest in loaded and I would only be buying it to get a complete Syphon Filter(I own a disc only copy), so I think I'll pass on that. Possibly a FF PS1 game though./[/QUOTE]

Hey, like I said, make me some offers, we'l work out a deal... it's a combination of me wanting money / I want this crap gone.

And Casey, I didn't get rid of ALL of my stuff. What's up there now is everything I owned on Genesis - all of those games except for Mega Turrican have a 99% chance of being on the VC, and my Genesis hasn't been plugged in except once in the last 3 years.

I have many many more SNES games to list, including a ton of complete RPG's - it's a battery issue, pretty much.

I kept about 50 NES games... they don't use batteries, some of them are some of the first games I ever owned, and I kept some of the ones that may not show up on the VC - A Boy and his Blob, Battletoads, all three TMNT games.

When I move, I'm not bringing them with me though, probably just shove them all in storage to have a nice surprise in 5 years or so.

A part of me wants to go the whole nine yards and dump all my PS1 / Saturn stuff too, along with the few N64 games left over (Sin and Punishment, Ogre Battle 64, Harvest Moon 64). We'll see how badly I need the cash, since I want to move out of the state. I'm more than happy with Wii / 360 / WoW / some PS2.

Subby - throw me $100 and you can have those Lolo's ;) Some guy already bought $80 worth of games, and he's thinking about getting all my Mega Man's, all my Lolo's, and all my Ninja Gaiden's, as well as a complete Pocky and Rocky 2 for SNES I have that apparently is worth something.

BTW, the pet in the Burning Crusade CE gets ALOT of attention on WoW... I've had a few people ask me what it is and how they can get one.

Roufuss, do you have battletoads/double dragon for SNES or Genesis? I would love to play some fucking battletoads but my NES is 300 miles away in D.C.

Currently I'm really just looking into FF Chronicle. I would like to have Parappa but feel it would be a waste. Also, I need an N64 controller where the analog stick isn't loose. I have been looking forever for one and no where around here has them.

[quote name='Eviltude']Roufuss, do you have battletoads/double dragon for SNES or Genesis? I would love to play some fucking battletoads but my NES is 300 miles away in D.C.

Currently I'm really just looking into FF Chronicle. I would like to have Parappa but feel it would be a waste. Also, I need an N64 controller where the analog stick isn't loose. I have been looking forever for one and no where around here has them.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I wish I did.

*cough* grabanemulatorandaromIknowagreatsite *cough* ;)

Well, think on FFC, throw me a price, I'm not going to be picky on that one. Just factor in an extra $1 for whatever price you throw because of Paypal fees. I want to say I can do $11 shipped (first class), which dosen't seem like a bad number.

[quote name='Roufuss']Nah, I wish I did.

*cough* grabanemulatorandaromIknowagreatsite *cough* ;)

Well, think on FFC, throw me a price, I'm not going to be picky on that one. Just factor in an extra $1 for whatever price you throw because of Paypal fees. I want to say I can do $11 shipped (first class), which dosen't seem like a bad number.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me. I don't have any money in my paypal but I'll add it now so it should be there mid week sometime. I would do emulators but I just don't like using the keys and don't want to buy a usb snes controller or whatever.

Sorry to invade the OTT with all the *GASP* Gaming talk. If anyone has a problem we'll switch to PM's, but I think this is about it anyways.

[quote name='Eviltude']Sounds good to me. I don't have any money in my paypal but I'll add it now so it should be there mid week sometime. I would do emulators but I just don't like using the keys and don't want to buy a usb snes controller or whatever.

Sorry to invade the OTT with all the *GASP* Gaming talk. If anyone has a problem we'll switch to PM's, but I think this is about it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll pull it now then. If you've got a credit card or something hooked up to Paypal, you can use that too, I accept all forms of PP payment.

PM'ed you all my info.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If I had it to throw, I might. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wouldja believe I never played them? Just got them because they were "rare" and they sat on the shelf for the last few years. Oh well, I think Nintendo owns HAL Interactive so they'll be on the VC.

I don't have a Credit Card. I just put the transfer in so Wednsday or Thursday will work. PM me where to send it and I'll do it as soon as I get it.

/Sweet, Dogma is on Comedy Central. Just started too./

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't have a Credit Card. I just put the transfer in so Wednsday or Thursday will work. PM me where to send it and I'll do it as soon as I get it.[/QUOTE]

Done and done ;)

Always a pleasure helping out a regular.

I just figured most CAG's weren't into the NES / SNES stuff since they bitch about paying $4 for an NES VC game so I don't even bother advertising here anymore.

It would be "looooll $150 for Mega Man it's $5 at Target LOL YOU STUPID"

[quote name='Roufuss']Wouldja believe I never played them? Just got them because they were "rare" and they sat on the shelf for the last few years. Oh well, I think Nintendo owns HAL Interactive so they'll be on the VC.[/QUOTE] I've only played 2, but I loved it. I haven't played it in several years.

[quote name='Roufuss']Done and done ;)

Always a pleasure helping out a regular.

I just figured most CAG's weren't into the NES / SNES stuff since they bitch about paying $4 for an NES VC game so I don't even bother advertising here anymore.

It would be "looooll $150 for Mega Man it's $5 at Target LOL YOU STUPID"[/QUOTE]
Unlike the people at gamefaqs(and I'm beginning to think Digg is about the same since they crash our servers on the regular), some of us CAGs can appreciate collectible items, even if we don't want to pay full price for it.

Well that was a fun hour or so without power. Though it did let me finish reading Identity Crisis. It was great, but something tells me it would have been better had I not read Infinite Crisis and all of 52 that's out so far since they both bring up major things that happen in Identity Crisis, spoiling it for me. Still, it was a great story to read.

Dah. I'm supposed to be seeing Pan's at 7, with a few people, but it's snowing now and I'm not sure they'll want to make the drive. Hell my gf is only 10 minutes from the theater and she wants me to talk her into it. :roll:

[quote name='karsh']Well that was a fun hour or so without power. Though it did let me finish reading Identity Crisis. It was great, but something tells me it would have been better had I not read Infinite Crisis and all of 52 that's out so far since they both bring up major things that happen in Identity Crisis, spoiling it for me. Still, it was a great story to read.[/QUOTE]

Ha, is that where you've been?

I'm already up to level 12 ;)

I've got a ton of cloth for you.

[quote name='Brak']Wow; I have a bad temper.[/quote]

I used to have one of those... I blame the German (not Irish, though people think I am) heritage.

[quote name='Brak']Wow; I have a bad temper.[/quote]I wonder, which would win in a battle, your Italian rage or my Arab (Lebanese, specifically) wrath?

edit: was CAG down for anyone else? Was something Dugg?

[quote name='LiquidNight']I wonder, which would win in a battle, your Italian rage or my Arab (Lebanese, specifically) wrath?

edit: was CAG down for anyone else? Was something Dugg?[/quote]

Had to be.

And don't count out the destructive power of the Germans or Irish.

Saturday's are always busy everywhere you go. I went out today and everything was freaking packed more so then normal. Its like people haven't been outside in years or something.

[quote name='Demolition Man']WTF just happened to CAG? I couldn't get on for the past hour or so.

Thankfully I have this YUMMY Dominos to keep me company. Its YUMMY I tell ya! :D[/QUOTE]

I've come to except in the last few months that CAG will crash at least once every couple of weeks.

i picked up a bottle of limoncello this afternoon at the liquor store. let me tell you, i'm *glad* i did. this stuff is AWESOME.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Funkin A. I was really hoping my Xbox would come in the mail today. 2 weeks and no Xbox is really starting to wear on me[/quote]

That sucks. I'm still waiting for NHL 2K7 to get here from Gamestop.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i picked up a bottle of limoncello this afternoon at the liquor store. let me tell you, i'm *glad* i did. this stuff is AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

Limonchello is a great drink. Tends to be too syrup-y sometimes though, depending on who makes it.

who's gOTT next?

[quote name='Mike23']Limonchello is a great drink. Tends to be too syrup-y sometimes though, depending on who makes it.[/quote]

I'm not drinking it straight. I'm drinking limoncello with tonic, so it's neither very sweet nor very syrupy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back