Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, thanks! *beams* I have to redo the animated asciis though, because I can't stand the way the black looks contrasted with the white text on CAG.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Speaking of stuff I picked up FF11 for the PS2 complete with the hard drive for the low low low price of $9.90 at Toys R Us a few weeks ago. Now... what can I do with this nice hard drive? :D[/quote]
You could use it for 2k sports games or RE Outbreak, but there's not much else outside of FFXI. Some people have some disc that lets them rip games to the hard drive to eliminate load times, but they'll have to give specifics.

Monday going to go turn in applications. That'll be fun

I rented Just cause and Lego star wars Haven't even really touched them Good thing there from GnF.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You could use it for 2k sports games or RE Outbreak, but there's not much else outside of FFXI. Some people have some disc that lets them rip games to the hard drive to eliminate load times, but they'll have to give specifics.[/quote]Here's a BIG second vote for using it for Outbreak. The game NEEDs the hard drive.

[quote name='CitizenB']I had sushi fish

whatcha ya making?[/quote]

Made some elbow macaroni and used Ragu double chedder cheese sauce and mixed in a big kielbasa. Pretty damn good and really quick

[quote name='LiquidNight']fuck turnitin.com...
I have HW due on Saturday at NOON.[/quote]

I have hw due tonight at midnight.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Made some elbow macaroni and used Ragu double chedder cheese sauce and mixed in a big kielbasa. Pretty damn good and really quick[/QUOTE]

sounds good. My pops makes cabbage and kielbasa, its pretty good.

Well, I saw Pan's Labyrinth tonight. Great movie, but I think it would have been better still had they trimmed the first minute where it spoils the end.

[quote name='CitizenB']sounds good. My pops makes cabbage and kielbasa, its pretty good.[/quote]mmm... Way fatty and way salty but way good.

[quote name='jmcc']Well, I saw Pan's Labyrinth tonight. Great movie, but I think it would have been better still had they trimmed the first minute where it spoils the end.[/quote]

Which part is that?

[quote name='guinaevere']mmm... Way fatty and way salty but way good.[/QUOTE]

The one thing we don't limit ourselves on in my house is food. If its good were eating it.

[quote name='2poor']Which part is that?[/QUOTE]
Where it shows Ofelia falling down dead right at the start.
They probably could have made me cry like a big baby had I not known it was coming.

[quote name='CitizenB']The one thing we don't limit ourselves on in my house is food. If its good were eating it.[/QUOTE]

Good policy, one which I also follow.

[quote name='jmcc']
They probably could have made me cry like a big baby had I not known it was coming.[/quote]

I don't even remember that part. :\

[quote name='2poor']I don't even remember that part. :\[/QUOTE]
She was on the ground on her side all bloody as per the end, but time sort of reversed and the blood started flowing back into her nose and then the movie started with them driving to the garrison.

God I hate when spoilers actually make me want to see a movie...

I guess I didn't realize the movie is that much of a horror movie so I didn't give it a second thought. I just thought it was some bizarre fantasy movie.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Good policy, one which I also follow.[/QUOTE]

But I have a weight problem.

farley-chris.jpg

RIP Chris

[quote name='jmcc']
She was on the ground on her side all bloody as per the end, but time sort of reversed and the blood started flowing back into her nose and then the movie started with them driving to the garrison.
[/quote]

OH YEAH! I can't believe I didn't realize that.

[quote name='jmcc']
They probably could have made me cry like a big baby had I not known it was coming.[/quote]

Ehhh, if you want to cry like a baby, rent Live Feed and in the first 10 mins, they show a Chinese "butcher" cutting up a little Yorkie. They don't show it, but you hear too damn much. Only possible reason I can think of for the director using such a device is to show that hes not afraid to go too far with the gore. I didn't cry, but yeah, that scene was hard to watch...

Anyhow, next up is Death Tunnel, which was actually shot in the same haunted abandoned asylum that is depicted in the movie. And also Ghost Hunters did an episode from. I believe its the Rolling Hills Asylum or Waverly Hills sanitarium....

Hmm. According to the tv guide, this episode of Star Trek has Diana Muldaur. Now I can see if Dr. Pulaski was hot when she was young.

[quote name='2poor']I have hw due tonight at midnight.[/QUOTE]

fuck that site, seriously!
I hate it. Thank God I'm a math major and never have to use it again

I think I just caught the tail end of once upon a time in mexico but i'm not sure. Never seen it before so if I see it in pieces, I know how it ends now :p.

[quote name='Eviltude']I think I just caught the tail end of once upon a time in mexico but i'm not sure. Never seen it before so if I see it in pieces, I know how it ends now :p.[/quote]

I'm not seeing it listed under the tvguide for our area in the past hour...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I'm not seeing it listed under the tvguide for our area in the past hour...[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if it was or not. Was on TBS a while ago now(Got caught up in RE4 again). Had Brad Pitt and some chick whose name I can't think of.

/I need to toss a movie in because there isn't jack shit on TV. That and Ashley just got snatched up and eated by EL GIGANTE!./

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm not sure if it was or not. Was on TBS a while ago now(Got caught up in RE4 again). Had Brad Pitt and some chick whose name I can't think of.

/I need to toss a movie in because there isn't jack shit on TV. That and Ashley just got snatched up and eated by EL GIGANTE!./[/quote]

That would be The Mexican. Which is actually a really good romantic movie. Saw it in theaters and had it on DVD before I sold it when me and Bill needed money for bills. And the other "chick" is Julia Roberts.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']That would be The Mexican. Which is actually a really good romantic movie. Saw it in theaters and had it on DVD before I sold it when me and Bill needed money for bills. And the other "chick" is Julia Roberts.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had her name on the tip of my tongue(Or fingers, whatever) I just couldn't get it out for some reason. It looked like an ok movie but after RE4, I need to dig for a scary movie, which I don't think I have many of. I'm renting The Shining tomorrow and I'm probably going to get fairly crunk and watch it in the dark.

/No horror movies, at all. Closest thing I got is Fight Club and thats just because it's dark as hell. Lame./

[quote name='Eviltude']Yeah I had her name on the tip of my tongue(Or fingers, whatever) I just couldn't get it out for some reason. It looked like an ok movie but after RE4, I need to dig for a scary movie, which I don't think I have many of. I'm renting The Shining tomorrow and I'm probably going to get fairly crunk and watch it in the dark.[/quote]

Dude, The Shining ROCKS. If you can find it, rent the mini series with Steven Weber along with it. Its quite long, but it seems to go a bit more in depth

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Dude, The Shining ROCKS. If you can find it, rent the mini series with Steven Weber along with it. Its quite long, but it seems to go a bit more in depth[/QUOTE]

I tried to watch the mini series version. Sorry, but I couldn't take that shit seriously and gave up on it after 20 minutes.

Stanley Kubrick FTW!

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Dude, The Shining ROCKS. If you can find it, rent the mini series with Steven Weber along with it. Its quite long, but it seems to go a bit more in depth[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Seeing as how Demonoid is under maintainance, I looked elsewhere and found Nosferatu torrent. I know it won't be done before I fall asleep but I will have it for late. Also need to put Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly on cd's tomorrow or sometime soon, so I guess I'll do Nosferatu as well. Was thinking of waking up early and going to see Pan's Labyrinth @ Lynnhaven with my Gift Card since they have like 3 dollar movies before noon.

/3am is about as late as it gets for me now that school is going. Night homies./

Just watched this week's The Office and the last two episodes of House. Now I'm going to sleep, because tomorrow I'm going to see Pan's Labyrinth with a few friends. :cool:

Just finished MSX (never knew it was a remade MS2) in about an hour. I burned through two configurations because the arcade configuration was absolute shit, so I moved to the nunchuck only configuration after mission 1, which works decently, but the Wii Remote configuration's the best one so far. I've got Nunchuck Control Stick and the GC configurations left to go with MS3-MS6 left to play.

Damn, I was tired last night. Of course my girlfriend did nothing yesterday, didn't even feed the dog, so here I am at 2:45 am feeding the dog and doing the laundry. My dinner was a piece of cheese and a sip of mountain dew. Wake up and she's mad I didn't wash any of her jackets/sweaters/whatever. Such shit.

[quote name='Dkellar']Damn, I was tired last night. Of course my girlfriend did nothing yesterday, didn't even feed the dog, so here I am at 2:45 am feeding the dog and doing the laundry. My dinner was a piece of cheese and a sip of mountain dew. Wake up and she's mad I didn't wash any of her jackets/sweaters/whatever. Such shit.[/QUOTE]Sounds like you need to redden her buttocks.

Is it against the ToS to post a link to get Limewire Pro for free even though it's straight from google and straight from Limewire's site and isn't a torrent or anything like that?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Is it against the ToS to post a link to get Limewire Pro for free even though it's straight from google and straight from Limewire's site and isn't a torrent or anything like that?[/QUOTE]Limewire's still around? I thought they went bust after some **AA looked at them.

I always love spending my morning clean the house. I'm cutting out coupons now to do some grocery shopping tonight. Need to go to Wal-Mart before work to get detergent, dish washer soap, and many other cleaning supplies.

Oh, and if anybody ever wants a flat range stove, DO NOT GET ONE. THEY ARE A BITCH TO CLEAN.

Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is head and shoulders beyond what King originally wrote, and definitely far beyond Steven's mini-series remake.

Kubrick adapted the story with new world vs. old world undertones, highlighting the importance that the hotel was erected over Native American burial grounds (a commentary on new world vs. old world; white man vs. red man, if you will), and the link, of The Shining, between the child (young white man; forerunner of new world) and the black hotel employee (old black man; helping the child bridge the gap between separated worlds with unity), whereas Nicholson's character represented old world, the evil of repression.

Jack kills the black man, but isn't able to kill the child before the bridge is erected between the white child and black man. Eventually, the old world falls and the new world lives on.

(No, I'm not over-analyzing.)

With that said, Kubrick tool a mundane horror book, transformed it into something with a higher meaning... and added tinges of legit horror.

[quote name='Dkellar']I always love spending my morning clean the house. I'm cutting out coupons now to do some grocery shopping tonight. Need to go to Wal-Mart before work to get detergent, dish washer soap, and many other cleaning supplies.

Oh, and if anybody ever wants a flat range stove, DO NOT GET ONE. THEY ARE A BITCH TO CLEAN.[/QUOTE]Those ones with the glass tops? Really?

[quote name='jmcc']Those ones with the glass tops? Really?[/QUOTE]

Yea, and they get dirty very very easy. When we cook, the stop gets food/greasy/something on it. Even if we are sup er super careful. If something boils over and is pressed between the pot and the stove, it's going to burn on top of the ceramic. Now, to get it off, you use this special stove top cleaner and be prepared to do a lot of hard scrubbing. Plus, cooking with electricity is S L O W. I miss cooking on my Mom's gas stove.

Sweet. By far my favorite cartoon is on. Avatar: The Last Air Bender. Yeah I know it's supposed to be a kids show, but it's pretty fucking sweet. Be back in an hour, bitches.

/So apparently they are going in reverse chronological order with the Avatar shows on the weekend. Last weekend they were in the city, this week they are walking to the city. It's a good thing I've seen this one before, otherwise it mght be a little more interesting./

If this happens again tonight, someone's gon die (or at least get the police called on them).

I was woken up at least 4 times last night, once at 3:30 AM, by people slamming doors and yelling. Pretty sure most of it was this bitch and her male guest(s) ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL. At 3:30 AM I was thinking of going downstairs and telling the front desk, but it stopped.

I am now seriously considering not living in the dorms next year even if my boyfriend hasn't returned.... I was concerned about doing this because of safety, but I think I will try to look for a safe apartment community and go from there.

[quote name='Kayden']Damnit fockers! stop talking about WoW! I don't want to fall off the wagon.[/QUOTE]

I'm already almost level 11 (Started yesterday) and didn't go to sleep unti 5:30 am. 6 hours later, I'm awake, and ready to go back in.

Being a Blood Elf, with the new lands to quest in, is very awesome.

Why am I even here, I am going back to playing it.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm already almost level 11 (Started yesterday) and didn't go to sleep unti 5:30 am. 6 hours later, I'm awake, and ready to go back in.

Being a Blood Elf, with the new lands to quest in, is very awesome.

Why am I even here, I am going back to playing it.[/QUOTE]
Hey, what all did you list on ebay recently? I've been on a buying spree recently :lol:. I finally went ahead and order MGS:VR Missions last night. Only 14 bucks so it wasn't too bad.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Made some elbow macaroni and used Ragu double chedder cheese sauce and mixed in a big kielbasa. Pretty damn good and really quick[/quote]

heh heh heh big keilbasa. gotta love those polish sausage ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back