Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space OTTyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']Most likely some furry convention.[/quote]
old man's getting cranky...did you miss your nap or someting?

[quote name='CitizenB']I didn't know that. Well you reap what you sow.[/quote]
i think it's stupid. the woman was a competent adult, informed about the risks and signed a release. she was a voluntary particpant and could've stopped at any time.

[quote name='Roufuss']Where you going?[/quote]
San Jose.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']old man's getting cranky...did you miss your nap or someting?[/quote]
He's right. :lol: Don't worry, I don't prance around in a horse suit or anything.

[quote name='CitizenB']IIRC your driving 11 hours. Take a break and nap if needed. Remember being safe is more important then getting there quickly.[/quote]
Actually, I'm flying Frontier, heh. It was like $500 in gas + the risk of getting lost, stranded, crashing, my car fucking up or something else happening versus $290 for the 3-hour flight. :lol:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']apparently the entire staff of the radio show that had the "hold your wee for a wii" contest have been fired.[/quote]

Well maybe they can open up a daycare for that woman's children.... oooh that's cold.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well maybe they can open up a daycare for that woman's children.... oooh that's cold.[/QUOTE]
Not as cold as their momma! Too far? Maybe in a couple months? Ok, I'll try later.

[quote name='Hex']
Actually, I'm flying Frontier, heh. It was like $500 in gas + the risk of getting lost, stranded, crashing, my car fucking up or something else happening versus $290 for the 3-hour flight. :lol:[/QUOTE]

$500 in gas? You drive an SUV or something?

In other news, I'm playing SMB again... shit, I've played this game more since I bought it then I have in the past 10 years.

[quote name='Hex']San Jose.

He's right. :lol: Don't worry, I don't prance around in a horse suit or anything.

Actually, I'm flying Frontier, heh. It was like $500 in gas + the risk of getting lost, stranded, crashing, my car fucking up or something else happening versus $290 for the 3-hour flight. :lol:[/quote]
well then. have fun?

yeah, i did the same thing the last time i went to Buffalo. It's a $119 JetBlue flight or a 7 hour drive (450 miles each way give or take) and about $30 each way in tolls.

[quote name='Eviltude']Not as cold as their momma! Too far? Maybe in a couple months? Ok, I'll try later.[/quote]

:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']old man's getting cranky...did you miss your nap or someting?

i think it's stupid. the woman was a competent adult, informed about the risks and signed a release. she was a voluntary particpant and could've stopped at any time.[/QUOTE]

Very true but on the same note a radio station had this contest knowing that someone could die. Who do you think typed up the release form.

[quote name='Roufuss']$500 in gas? You drive an SUV or something?

In other news, I'm playing SMB again... shit, I've played this game more since I bought it then I have in the past 10 years.[/quote]

Yup. '93 Nissan Pathfinder. Sucks gas like.. STRELL'S MOM SUCKS ME HAW HAW

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']well then. have fun?

yeah, i did the same thing the last time i went to Buffalo. It's a $119 JetBlue flight or a 7 hour drive (450 miles each way give or take) and about $30 each way in tolls.[/quote]

Thanks. Yeah, I don't see why anyone drives unless they like carpool or something...

[quote name='CitizenB']Very true but on the same note a radio station had this contest knowing that someone could die. Who do you think typed up the release form.[/quote]

they have a nathan's hotdog eating contest every year in Coney Island for the last 100 years or something like that. people eat 40-50 hotdogs in like 2 minutes. they could die from a rupture in their esophogus or stomach. lots of contests are held all over the country for competitive eating/drinking. she didn't have to particpate or keep drinking more water.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Hmmm so you're saying Sony owns the rights to the series? That sucks.[/quote]
That's pretty much it. Good thing is that they rectified it by creating Guitar Hero, which outsold the Amplitude series several times over.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']old man's getting cranky...did you miss your nap or someting?[/quote]A comment about a furry convention means I'm cranky? :whistle2:s

Must be those new leaps of logic I'm not familiar with.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']they have a nathan's hotdog eating contest every year in Coney Island for the last 100 years or something like that. people eat 40-50 hotdogs in like 2 minutes. they could die from a rupture in their esophogus or stomach. lots of contests are held all over the country for competitive eating/drinking. she didn't have to particpate or keep drinking more water.[/QUOTE]

That Japanese guy wins year after year, dosen't he?

I saw some thing on MTV where he beats everyone by like 20 hot dogs.

he uses some japanese meditation crap. It is all mind over matter. YOu can cram your stomach full of food like he does. It's just you stomach sends signals to your brain saying "Hey! Your stretching me out here stop eating." He mentally just overrides that signal so he can keep cramming hot dogs into his stomach.

Man I'm done with classes for today and I still feel every bit as shitty as I did this morning, perhaps even shittier. If I didn't have a ton of work for most of my classes I would go to a doctor ASAP.

NASCAR isn't too bad, but I suck at steering that well and keep hitting cars, which is pissing off the other racers.

Online Chess Kingdom pretty much sucks, nobody's online, and real-time chess blows my mind and reminds me of why Chess is turn-based.

Pocket Racers is okay, but also has nobody online. Nothing all that special.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's pretty much it. Good thing is that they rectified it by creating Guitar Hero, which outsold the Amplitude series several times over.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately, as Amplitude was much better in just about every way.

Not that I don't think GH is great. It's just I'd rather have had more of that. :lol:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']they have a nathan's hotdog eating contest every year in Coney Island for the last 100 years or something like that. people eat 40-50 hotdogs in like 2 minutes. they could die from a rupture in their esophogus or stomach. lots of contests are held all over the country for competitive eating/drinking. she didn't have to particpate or keep drinking more water.[/QUOTE]

But those contest last for less then 10 minutes (normally 5) and those people can purge, and relieve themselves afterwards.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Unfortunately, as Amplitude was much better in just about every way.

Not that I don't think GH is great. It's just I'd rather have had more of that. :lol:[/quote]
Amplitude has better gameplay and a more varied soundtrack, but Guitar Hero is much more fun.

[quote name='CitizenB']But those contest last for less then 10 minutes (normally 5) and those people can purge, and relieve themselves afterwards.[/quote]

she could've puked afterwards also. she could've stopped at any time. she said she didn't feel well yet she didn't call her doctor. she could've sought medical help but she didn't.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Amplitude has better gameplay and a more varied soundtrack, but Guitar Hero is much more fun.[/QUOTE] That makes absolutely no sense. Gameplay is everything.

Is it possible to play Amplitude with the guitar controller? :whistle2:k

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']No yiffing.[/quote]

Are kidding? Considering the diseases some of these people must have, I wouldn't even risk wrapping my crap. :lol:

[quote name='Hex']Are kidding? Considering the diseases some of these people must have, I wouldn't even risk wrapping my crap. :lol:[/quote]

Digital camera? Think of all the 4chan type stuff you could make up with the photos you'd get...

The horror. The comedy.

The lawsuits. :lol:

Well, life sucks at the moment. Tried to upgrade my Tivo. Put the hard drives back into the unit and it just constantly reboots. I don't know what I'm going to do. I already miss Tivo even though I only had it for about 4 days. :cry:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Amplitude has better gameplay and a more varied soundtrack, but Guitar Hero is much more fun.[/QUOTE]

coming from someone who has never played amplitude I can say that guitar hero is way better than amplitude.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That makes absolutely no sense. Gameplay is everything.

Is it possible to play Amplitude with the guitar controller? :whistle2:k[/quote]
Of course it makes sense, the soundtrack of GH is better, which elevates the game to being an absolute blast to play while the varied Amplitude soundtrack, which means there's more to not like, doesn't add that much to the superior gameplay.

[quote name='Dkellar']I don't know what it is but I almost always get sleepy in class.[/QUOTE]

must be because you aren't building anything.

[quote name='zewone']Well, life sucks at the moment. Tried to upgrade my Tivo. Put the hard drives back into the unit and it just constantly reboots. I don't know what I'm going to do. I already miss Tivo even though I only had it for about 4 days. :cry:[/quote]

That sucks zew.

I know how much I

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Digital camera? Think of all the 4chan type stuff you could make up with the photos you'd get...

The horror. The comedy.

The lawsuits. :lol:[/quote]

:rofl: Hogod.

[quote name='mr ryles']must be because you aren't building anything.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, I need to stop refreshing these damn OTT threads as it is taking up my building-stuff time.

Considering this is a Kubrick OTT, I thought this was appropriate..

1169009818311wf0.jpg

"Shoot! With a gun! That’s what the bullets are for, you twit!"

"Alright, but you'll have to answer to the Coca Cola company."

Kubrick's best film. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course it makes sense, the soundtrack of GH is better, which elevates the game to being an absolute blast to play while the varied Amplitude soundtrack, which means there's more to not like, doesn't add that much to the superior gameplay.[/QUOTE] Oh, I see. Variety is a bad thing, in this case. :lol:

I like most of the music in Frequency/Amplitude. Most of the music in GH, on the other hand, is merely passable. It fits, so I'll allow it.

EDIT: I "like" 16 songs, spread across both GH games.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Damn Prey had a hell of a price drop.[/QUOTE]

It's worth picking up at $20 for the single player. I payed $60 and didn't regret the purchase. Although I did ebay it a week after I beat it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Easily.[/quote]

"Gentlemen, you can't fight here, this is the war room!"

"...But the whole point of this Doomsday Weapon becomes lost WHEN YOU KEEP IT A SECRET!"
"It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know, the Premier loves surprises."

fucking classic. :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']It's worth picking up at $20 for the single player. I payed $60 and didn't regret the purchase. Although I did ebay it a week after I beat it.[/quote]

Oh, I picked it up on release too, but it's still suprising to see both versions for a mere 20 on PC. Excellent price.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Well, I bvought the Burning Crusade this evening. I guess I'll install WoW tonizzle fo'shizzle my grizzles.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap? Well just don't get too addicted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back