Star Wars Battlefront 2 pS2 only $12.99 at K-mart!!!! MATCH PRICE ERROR

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.

PMed it at Wal-mart (Roxboro, NC) like so many others. Picked up 2, one for me and one for my old roomie.

Also PMed Lego Star Wars ($19.88, Target), Seinfield Volume 1 ($15.99, Curcuit City) on the same ticket with absolutely no problems.

Thanks OP and CAG. So Anyone started a thread for BFII clans yet? :)

Pricematched at Wal-mart for the XBOX version of Battlefront 2 along with a pricematch for Doom 3 (CC ad). It was so easy I couldn't believe it.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Is PMing at BB or Target a YMMV? I have a Best Buy and Target near each other..figure i might as well try..[/QUOTE]

Target no longer price matches, they haven't done it for 2-3 years now.

I had Kmart all ready to sell them to me, but then she couldn't find anyway, I'm going to go back tomorrow after work to see if they'll sell me the Xbox version cuz that's the one I want; filling out my collection anyway.

In any case, I did get three of them from Wallycron and gave the ad to the guy behind me who was looking over my purchases. Gotta spread the love.

I went to my local Wal-Mart but they didn't have any copies. They did have Xbox copies, but I didn't try to PM it with the Xbox version.
I then went to my local K-Mart. They had a sign up saying that the item listed was incorrect, and Battlefront 1 was the correct item. However, they didn't have a single copy of Battlefront 1 or 2 for any system, which made me wonder why they even bothered putting up a sign. :roll:
However, I did pick up at $10 copy of PoP: WW at K-Mart, so the trip wasn't a waste. :D
If I go back to Wal-Mart tomarrow I'll try to PM it with the Xbox version, but I seriously doubt I'll bother to go back, since I don't really want to waste the gas.

Did anyone (besides me) NOT get a pricematch from Wal-Mart? At the one I went to (Fort Wayne, IN), both the cashier and the manager she got informed me they'd called KMart and were told it was a misprint and, consequently, would not give me the pricematch. Or did someone tip them off?

phurballdj looks like you were one of the less fortunate. I believe if every reatailer was to call K-Mart to verify very few of us here would have capitalized. Ironic that K-Mart made this mistake and sometime last year Sears did the same by placing a pic of Ace Combat 5 when 4 was really on sale. These two companies belong together. I feel a CAG works for the advertisement department and purposely placed Battlefront 2 image instead of Battlefront. Congrats to all that got in on this and if you've been unlucky so far you still have tomorrow.

[quote name='phurballdj']Did anyone (besides me) NOT get a pricematch from Wal-Mart? At the one I went to (Fort Wayne, IN), both the cashier and the manager she got informed me they'd called KMart and were told it was a misprint and, consequently, would not give me the pricematch. Or did someone tip them off?[/QUOTE]

I got the same story and was shutout. Then I saw a little sign at Kmart selling it for $12.95 (embracing the mistake?). I tore it off and showed it to them at Walmart and then got the PM.

[quote name='schultzed']I got the same story and was shutout. Then I saw a little sign at Kmart selling it for $12.95 (embracing the mistake?). I tore it off and showed it to them at Walmart and then got the PM.[/QUOTE]

I might give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='MightySlacker'] Got glared at on the way out, but at least I didn't get in a fistfight over a laptop.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, did that happen at your Wal-Mart, too!?!? Security guy told me a fight broke out a few minutes before I arrived. I can't believe how desparate and stupid consumers are, getting in line with other 100 people in front of you for over an hour, when it's public knowledge that they'd only have about 25 laptops.

I only went to WM to get SWBFII, but I used the Nebraska Furniture Mart $9.99 ad at 4:30am, and they don't open until 8. I was told to come back, but of course they were all gone by 7:55 :/ I'll be heading to BB tomorrow with my K-mart ad.

[quote name='Roufuss']All K-Mart's have already been notified well in advance of this error... if you get a K-Mart who lets it slide, congrats, but the retraction notice has already been sent out (or is being sent out, I forget which one). It might just be my district, so some other CAG's may get lucky.

I plan on taking it to Circuit City, personally, that extra 10% difference drops the game to around 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I was suprised by this but my K-Mart was NOT informed, in fact the only people who knew of the error were the guys working in electronics who bought all the copies the second they went on sale. ( Still a big YMMV a price hit this big means many stores should already know.)

[quote name='scrapdawg02']I got a raincheck for a copy of SW:BFII at my local K-Mart... on the raincheck it says REGULAR PRICE $49.99 @ 74% off > $12.99. SWEET!!! It's valid for 30 days (til 12/25/05)

The clerk from K-Mart even asked me how rainchecks work LOL... I was like, "See, when K-Mart gets this item back in stock, I'll come in and give you this raincheck and you get to ring it up for me for $12.99." While my girlfriend and I were walking away she looked at me and said, "Isn't the clerk supposed to be explaining how rainchecks work to the customer?"[/QUOTE]

I asked around my K-Mart but everyone said they can't do rainchecks for BF ads. Congrats!

I'm kinda angry, I didnt get a K-mart ad. I went around tryin to pricematch using the online scan of the ad from the official website. No one I knew had the ad, but apparently everyone got the thanksgiving one day sale ad. I just saw that Sears will price match onilne local retailer's ads, so I'm gonna try my luck there.

[quote name='hotstud19us']My walmart wouldn't pm, if anyone can get a copy of bf2 for xbox, I'll gladly buy it off them[/QUOTE]
Mine wouldn't do xbox but gladly did it for ps2. Because it wasn't the xbox one pictured

[quote name='schultzed'] Then I saw a little sign at Kmart selling it for $12.95 (embracing the mistake?).[/QUOTE]

That right there sums up EXACTLY what should have been done at 100% of the K-mart stores. I don't want to hear about loss factors or posted notices on the door...this is Black Friday.

Imagine how many soccer-moms were begged by their kids to go to K-mart instead of Shopko at opening just for that game, because they want it for Christmas. Any other week, I'd say post the notice and say sorry, but not today. Today, they stole business from other retailers by luring customers in with a mistake.

I honestly won't be surprised to see a class action lawsuit pop up over this. K-mart could have VERY easily sent simple sheets of paper weeks ago to every newspaper publisher to include in the Thursday paper ads.

Walgreens did just that with Furby a few years back. I still have it as a souvenir, it says "We're sorry...30,000 isn't enough!" and on the back it explains the shortage:

"Due to the tremendous popularity of the Furby toy this Christmas, the 30,000 toys Walgreens received in the last ten days will not be enough to support our December 20 announcement. No one could anticipate the overwhelming demand for this toy and unfortunately, the manufacturer is unable to supply us or any other retailers with more. The unforeseen response to Furby was so immediate, it was too late to remove Furby from our print advertising. We regret any inconvenience to our valued customers."

This was for an ad that even said "while quantities last!", and was included in the very paper the ad was in. Simple, reassuring, and honest. This is why there's a Walgreens on almost every other square block here, and a K-mart going out of business every year.

I thought it was odd when I went by electronics and there was a sheet above the game case explaining the wrong price for SWBF2, I didn't think my K-Mart would be that well informed.

And while there were no fist fights for the Wal-Mart laptop there was a lot of items stolen from other people's carts before they could purchase them, I was glad all I went there for was some shampoo and to see the madness.

Wow, I went to Wal-mart, Circuit City, and TRU with the newspaper ad and all the stores were sold out. Im pretty pissed that I wasted 3 hours and gas.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']I asked around my K-Mart but everyone said they can't do rainchecks for BF ads. Congrats![/QUOTE]

actually it wasn't part of the black friday ad, it was part of their friday/saturday ad. so you should've been able to PM it.

Pm at Wal-Mart. Went pretty smooth, the cashier had to ask the "video game" girl about it, but she rang it up with out asking. Not bad for a days work.

My little brother and I went to town on this yesterday. Some Wal-Marts had completely pulled it from the shelfs after the first price match was made. They trade in at Gamerush for $35 a pop. So far I have gotten a new DS, Castlevania DOS, and Dragon Quest VIII. I hope to get several more today and build enough credit for a 360.

[quote name='Otherguy676']My little brother and I went to town on this yesterday. Some Wal-Marts had completely pulled it from the shelfs after the first price match was made. They trade in at Gamerush for $35 a pop. So far I have gotten a new DS, Castlevania DOS, and Dragon Quest VIII. I hope to get several more today and build enough credit for a 360.[/QUOTE]

I hear hell is pretty warm these days. Where have all the ethical people gone?

[quote name='Otherguy676']My little brother and I went to town on this yesterday. Some Wal-Marts had completely pulled it from the shelfs after the first price match was made. They trade in at Gamerush for $35 a pop. So far I have gotten a new DS, Castlevania DOS, and Dragon Quest VIII. I hope to get several more today and build enough credit for a 360.[/QUOTE]

YOUR A fucking MORON.

[quote name='Kerig']That right there sums up EXACTLY what should have been done at 100% of the K-mart stores. I don't want to hear about loss factors or posted notices on the door...this is Black Friday.
[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more with your point . . . BF is a day to make money but also build community relations!

The most discouraging thing I saw was at BB . . . a manager was talking to a sales assoc. . . . it sounded like he was telling the assoc to concede (give a deal to a customer) away from the customer . . . they must've been in the wrong. But the manager says snidely . . . give 'em just $10 off . . . we're not giving away the farm today!

I was overhearing their "private" discussion . . . but the attitude is clear: other than a few doorbusters that fly out before you arrive :) there are no real deals to be had and they won't work with you. 10 minutes later I found out they wouldn't PM any ads . . . I left a DVD player right at the front and walked out the door.

I don't know if I'll return this holiday season . . . that really can't be the point of BF, can it?

I hear hell is pretty warm these days. Where have all the ethical people gone?

YOUR A ing MORON

Wow! I did not expect that response at all. If I was flipping (buying at one Wal-Mart and then return it for full price at another), I would understand, but I think flipping is wrong. I do want credit for a 360, but this credit is also going for xMas/Chanukah presents. This is also something that Gamerush allows and is open policy. I am also picking up 2 copies today for friends and if anyone on CAG in the Tampa Area has trouble getting this game and wants, then by all means I will pick one up and sell it at cost. When I did this, and posted it about Dead 2 Rights 2 last month no one said a thing (and several other people were doing it). If either one of you wants the game that bad, then by all means PM me and I will sale you any copies at cost plus shipping, but please don't criticize me, especially in a vulgar manner.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I hear hell is pretty warm these days. Where have all the ethical people gone?

YOUR A ing MORON

Wow! I did not expect that response at all. If I was flipping (buying at one Wal-Mart and then return it for full price at another), I would understand, but I think flipping is wrong. I do want credit for a 360, but this credit is also going for xMas/Chanukah presents. This is also something that Gamerush allows and is open policy. I am also picking up 2 copies today for friends and if anyone on CAG in the Tampa Area has trouble getting this game and wants, then by all means I will pick one up and sell it at cost. When I did this, and posted it about Dead 2 Rights 2 last month no one said a thing (and several other people were doing it). If either one of you wants the game that bad, then by all means PM me and I will sale you any copies at cost plus shipping, but please don't criticize me, especially in a vulgar manner.[/QUOTE]

I could care less one what one does with their time and money myself, but there's some kind of unwritten rule around here about grabbing multiples of a deal for personal gain. Don't let that bother you. It's just best not to boast and keep mum.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I hear hell is pretty warm these days. Where have all the ethical people gone?

YOUR A ing MORON

Wow! I did not expect that response at all. If I was flipping (buying at one Wal-Mart and then return it for full price at another), I would understand, but I think flipping is wrong. I do want credit for a 360, but this credit is also going for xMas/Chanukah presents. This is also something that Gamerush allows and is open policy. I am also picking up 2 copies today for friends and if anyone on CAG in the Tampa Area has trouble getting this game and wants, then by all means I will pick one up and sell it at cost. When I did this, and posted it about Dead 2 Rights 2 last month no one said a thing (and several other people were doing it). If either one of you wants the game that bad, then by all means PM me and I will sale you any copies at cost plus shipping, but please don't criticize me, especially in a vulgar manner.[/QUOTE]

i dont see the big deal...if he did it, congrats that another CAG got these before someone on another site dide

plus the dood is offering extras to CAG'rs at cost...i PMd him...hell, i cant find the damn thing anywhere or someone that will do it anywhere

if he is willing to help CAGr's out, plus get some for his own gain, who cares

[quote name='blackjaw']i dont see the big deal...if he did it, congrats that another CAG got these before someone on another site did[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and for all that stuff he bought, it only came out to about 7 copies of SWBFII.

I went to two Best Buys today:

1st: "We're not PM'ing it, because I was calling K-mart all day yesterday and they were out of stock". We had a nice little "discussion" summed up with the semi-manager's comments of: "We don't have to price-match anything if we don't want to" and "They were out of stock yesterday, so I'm not calling them again today".

I've got to call B.S. on that since every K-mart around here had a small sign near the door saying it should be BF1, so they would have said "it's a glitch, bitch!", not "we're OOS" if BB called, AND when at K-mart today walking by the CS desk, the CS rep was telling a caller they're too busy to check and see if something is in stock, and that was today, Saturday.

2nd: Found 1 copy left, pulled out my K-mart ad, bought it for $12.99, walked out. He didn't even need to check with anyone...:bouncy:

Hey Otherguy, could you send me a few copies at cost, I want to put them up on eBay :)

Just for the heck of it, I check my CC and BB today and neither is PMing 2 DAY ADS this weekend . . . just for this weekend . . . LOL

If you're serious about selling at cost + ship, I'd sure like one. I'll even add a tip, depending on ship cost.

And no, this would be for my personal use, as tempting as the GS $25 trade-in value is.

Hey Otherguy, could you send me a few copies at cost, I want to put them up on eBay

Haha, that was funny. I actually got 2 extras, both for CAGs, and I need to get one more for a CAG who actually was the first one to send me an email (I responded out of order). If you wouldv'e caught me earlier I would've of got you one. Sorry about my lash out earlier on the guys who stated their opinion on what I did, as a Social Worker, I have a hard time with negative criticism like that considering all the people I try to help in my job.

Two quotes from the pages of SD regarding this deal I thought I'd share:

1) "I just got 4 from CC (got 2 and then came back after walmart didnt have it and got 2 more). came out to less that $10 each after 110% price match. Im gonna return w/o receipt and get an ipod video!! "

2) "I went to walmart, they pricematched but said limit is 1 per customer. Soo my wife and I each got 1. I then went to a different wallmart, retured the game for 49.94 credit, went back to the electronic section and had them pricematch the game and i picked up 4 more copies + 2 dollars using the giftcard i just got. Also, best buy is pricematching with no Manager overide, soo just take the Add in and they are yours i picked up 10 copies there. Soo anyway good luck to all, this is my way of getting back at Walmart for having me stand in Line for 2 hours, then letting in the 2nd Line that showed up 10 minutes before the store opened in at the same time as everyone who waited multiple hours."

WTF is wrong with people :bomb: I'm happy with my one copy for personal use, but for someone to exploit to the point that others can't even get one?! Come on.

i just got Battlefront 2 for ps2 & xbox for 12.99. 8 of them in all. i will give them away as x-mas gifts and keep one for my self. i love the person who posted this and people bitching about flipping need to stop your lame & terrible arguments are not going to make anyone stop flipping.

Bah i didnt get get one copy, i am so pissed, somone bought them all from my local walmart and BB and CC are a no go for a price match

This is still available today, it was part of the Fri and Sat sale, not a doorbuster. PM'd at both BB and CC today w/ little hassle.

My K-Mart refused to sell them to me for 12.99 and won't budge, they also claimed that they're OOS as well (even though I'm sure they had some). I went to Wal-Mart for a PM but Wal-Mart was sold out...all I can say is that this ad has been very disappointing and I will never buy anything at K-Mart ever again because I feel as though whatever they put in their add, they do so to bring people in to spend more and then they pull this bait & switch offering me the first Battlefront, I mean come on, do companies take responsabilities for their actions anymore?

K-Mart can have an ad for a Videogame for $1.99 and bring people in the store and then say "I'm sorry, that was an ad mistake". Well their whole chain of K-Marts are big huge mistakes and I hope they go out of business after pulling this kind of crap.

[quote name='3QGojo']My K-Mart refused to sell them to me for 12.99 and won't budge, they also claimed that they're OOS as well (even though I'm sure they had some). I went to Wal-Mart for a PM but Wal-Mart was sold out...all I can say is that this ad has been very disappointing and I will never buy anything at K-Mart ever again because I feel as though whatever they put in their add, they do so to bring people in to spend more and then they pull this bait & switch offering me the first Battlefront, I mean come on, do companies take responsabilities for their actions anymore?

K-Mart can have an ad for a Videogame for $1.99 and bring people in the store and then say "I'm sorry, that was an ad mistake". Well their whole chain of K-Marts are big huge mistakes and I hope they go out of business after pulling this kind of crap.[/QUOTE]

It wasnt bait and switch companies have other people make the ads for them some one put the wrong picture. This kind of thing happens all the time the two most recent times that i can rember is Ace Combat 5 for $5 at sears, and Resident Evil 4 for 2 for $30 at Best Buy before the game came out, Some people get lucky and can get the game others cant.

Yes i was able to Get in on all 3 and i only got 1 of each except for RE4.

bread's done
Back