Star Wars Battlefront 2 pS2 only $12.99 at K-mart!!!! MATCH PRICE ERROR

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.

Why didn't you buy 16 and flip them in for an Xbox 360 =/

I mean, if you are going to buy 4 and trade them in to Gamestop, you might as well go big and buy 16 and flip them for a console!

Went to CC and got both at $9.29 each. I kept one and took the other to CD Wherehouse and got $25. Gave $20 back to my wife to put back in Christmas fund and took the extra five and bought Doom 3. I price matched CC add for Doom 3@ $9.99 at Walmart. So I ended up getting Battlefront 2 and Doom 3 for a little over five dollars.

I'm suprised some of you were able to get it for Xbox. Usually if the photo in the add is for one specific console that is the version you have to purchase.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I waited in line at CC for an hour for this before being told that they weren't doing price-matches today. I might go back tomorrow, but I'm a little bitter from the experience, and being that this is YMMV I'll have to play it by ear. At least I got POP: WW for $10, which isn't too bad since it was the game I lamented most not being able to get at the Sam Goody clearence.[/QUOTE]

I went to CC and BB and both told me they "weren't price matching any ads today" per corporate.

Then I get home and here that some CCs PMed for some . . . fuck

Wal-Mart refused to PM . . . manager said that they knew that Kmart wasn't honoring it . . . GREAT . . . making my day.

So, I decided to check the Kmart on that end of town . . . not only were they honoring it but they ad a tag on the glass announcing the price as $12.95.

I took the tag back to Walmart and got 2 copies for the price . . . manager gave in after he saw it :)

Then I tried Shopko (local chain) and they were out of the PS2 version but a pimply clerk let me have an Xbox one without hardly checking the ad!

For the heck of it, I checked the other Kmart on my end of town and they had it posted as an error at the door. The best part of the day was the fact that this Kmart wouldn't match the other Kmart! I really hate Kmart anyway . . .

Got two at Sears.. the best part was he rang them in at 9.99 (NFM ad) and they dropped to $5.99(10% off the difference of $40). So I got two for $13!

I got one at Sears, no questions asked and I got an extra discount for a price match guarantee, so I left with it for 9.00 and change, walmart pulled em and no dice anywhere else.

For those having problems PMing at CC:

I was told they were not aloud to price match anything if it appeared in the CC ad or if it was a doorbuster type ad. I showed the guy the Kmart ad and said it wasn't in their ad and it was on the two-day sale and he had no problem with it..

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I waited in line at CC for an hour for this before being told that they weren't doing price-matches today. I might go back tomorrow, but I'm a little bitter from the experience, and being that this is YMMV I'll have to play it by ear. At least I got POP: WW for $10, which isn't too bad since it was the game I lamented most not being able to get at the Sam Goody clearence.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I waited for one and half hours in line only to find out that they were not doing any pricematching today. I was disappointed, but then I went to walmart and got a copy. I should have went there from the start. :/

[quote name='wolfhunt']For those having problems PMing at CC:

I was told they were not aloud to price match anything if it appeared in the CC ad or if it was a doorbuster type ad. I showed the guy the Kmart ad and said it wasn't in their ad and it was on the two-day sale and he had no problem with it..[/QUOTE]

I pointed out it was in the 2 day section and they said "no PM today" . . . I made her say 3 or 4 times because I asked them to do it 3 or 4 times

Just called my local gamerush. Turns out they will give a full $10 more trade in value per BFII than GameStop/Gamecrazy. So that equals out to $35 per copy! Very good indeed!

[quote name='Nicko']Just called my local gamerush. Turns out they will give a full $10 more trade in value per BFII than GameStop/Gamecrazy. So that equals out to $35 per copy! Very good indeed![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I asked at EB and they said $25 . . . fuck that

While I was there, they managed to sell a grandma a game warranty on MP7 . . . bet the receipt is lost before the game is received.

I had to go to Kmart to find an ad lying around, and then I went to Walmart. Picked up some other little items too. Sweet talked the female employee a little and it was cool. She kept saying how it was such a good price, a steal is what she ended up saying. :) It sure is!

Question for you all:

Whats the procedure for trading new games like this into GameRush? Should I remove the plastic wrap from them all? Will they get a little suspicious if I trade in 8 copies of the same game all at the same time? What do I do here?

Nicko

[quote name='Nicko']Question for you all:

Whats the procedure for trading new games like this into GameRush? Should I remove the plastic wrap from them all? Will they get a little suspicious if I trade in 8 copies of the same game all at the same time? What do I do here?

Nicko[/QUOTE]
Not that I'm advocating this whole thing, but might as well answer your question. Open the games, if you don't they'll make you do it there and that's just awkward. Their policy is you can only trade in 2 copies per title per day. The rest is up to you. Beware the GR ban, though.

I guess at least with this issue, its actually a game people want, as opposed to D2R2 which was obtained cheap without deception and they will probably never sell.

[quote name='swetooth9']so everyone who tried at sears got it?[/QUOTE]

I got a copy at Sears. I originally tried to get the XBox version but no dice. As I left the store I told the guy I was just going to return the game without a receipt and get $50 in credit and buy the Xbox version. He yelled at me in front of everyone telling me if I was going to scam the store, don't waste his time.

[quote name='3QGojo']Isn't it false advertising if K-Mart refuses to sell this game?[/QUOTE]
Not if they indicate in-store that it was a misprint.

[quote name='schultzed']I pointed out it was in the 2 day section and they said "no PM today" . . . I made her say 3 or 4 times because I asked them to do it 3 or 4 times[/QUOTE]

They did this same shit with me... so I asked them "So I can come back tommorrow, with this same ad, and the same game, and you'll price match it?" to which she said "Yes, we will".

Fine, I'll just go back to Wal-Mart today and do it there.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I tried to PM for just one today at Wal-Mart, and it didn't work. The cashier grabbed two managers and they wouldn't sell it to me. Then I tried another Wal-Mart, and they refused it right when they saw it.[/QUOTE]

Call 1-800-WAL-MART and tell them that your store didn't follow their Black Friday Price Matching guarantee, I bet you'll be able to go pick it up in a few days for that price if you still have the ad.

I did one stop shopping at Wal-Mart this morning. Walked in at 6:50 AM, made it back to electronics and found an associate standing by the game cases with a key and he got me the games I wanted:

Infected PSP - PMed CC for $29.99
Grand Theft Auto LCS PSP - PMed Target for $34.88
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 - PMed KMart for $12.99
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland XBX - PMed Gamestop $29.99
Doom 3 Expansion XBX - PMed Gamestop $19.99
Interpreter DVD - $8.00 WalMart price
Kingdom of Heaven DVD - $8.00 WalMart price

Was checked out and heading for work by 7:10. :)

I love one stop shopping!

My Best Buy PM'd 2 copies of Star Wars BF 2 without any problem. They also PM'd Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 for $9.99 each. The Sears ad looked as if they were advertised for this price!

[quote name='Wanderlai']My Best Buy PM'd 2 copies of Star Wars BF 2 without any problem. They also PM'd Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 for $9.99 each. The Sears ad looked as if they were advertised for this price![/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, how did you get Seinfeld for that cheap? Details please?

[quote name='asnradeon8']Denied at Sears.

Got the "We dont PM games" and then "Kmart is a discount store"

Oh well, tommorrow is a new day.[/QUOTE]

I would've raised hell. Sears sure as hell Price matches everything, and gives you 10% extra. I work there, as well as TRU, so i know.

The Sears ad on page 37 there is a group of movies in a block on one page of the ad and the price shows $9.99. Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 are shown, along with War of the Worlds, The Polar Express, The Honeymooners, Madagascar, Extreme Makeover home addition, and The Skeleton Key. I went to Sears and of course they said it was a mistake so I did what any other CAG would do, I went to get this pm'd.

[quote name='Wanderlai']The Sears ad on page 37 there is a group of movies in a block on one page of the ad and the price shows $9.99. Seinfeld seasons 5 and 6 are shown, along with War of the Worlds, The Polar Express, The Honeymooners, Madagascar, Extreme Makeover home addition, and The Skeleton Key. I went to Sears and of course they said it was a mistake so I did what any other CAG would do, I went to get this pm'd.[/QUOTE]

My Sears ad is different. The movies have a small corner of page 32, and only Seinfeld season 6 is shown, under "New Releases," no price is listed, so I'm assuming a PM is impossible on this one. Damn, woulve been nie to pick those up for $10 each.

i damn this sucks
i have the sears ad but there is nothing about star wars battlefront 2 in it
they only have a picture with some 9.99 games but no 12.99

i can't get a kmart ad because there are no kmarts anywhere, they all closed
i live in san antonio btw

anybody know why our ad is different than the rest of the country's?

I got BB to do it on two copies, one for me and one for friend, and looked at it like "holy shit" for like 30 seconds. He went ahead and gave it to me, he looked like a gamer, so told him there were two more back on the rack if he wants them, and that he could have the ad to hook himself up. Always helps to grease the wheels a bit when you can.

the battlefront 2 add was from kmart, not sears........and actually looked a little unsure what the price was IMO. two rows of three pictures, and a 12.99 on the first quadrant of 4...leaving sw bf2 and ffx2? as the ones not directly covered by the price, but still in the same box......seemed a bit odd...like a single price missing on those.......some nimrod probably put the pick for bf2 in there instead of bf1...and btw.....thanks nimrod, much appreciated.

Kent, OH Walmart PM'd 2 of them.

Woman was pretty frosted when they rang up 49.99 and flat told me no. I asked to see the PM policy wher eit states that they can arbitrarily deny PMs due to the price difference.

Lady goes to speak to manager and comes back and says "No - that isn't on sale. The 12.99 is for the 4 games around it, not the 2 on the side". If you've seen the ad, that's pretty funny. I laughed and said "No, that's not true, get the manager". Manager discussed it briefly and sent me with stockboy to go call Kmart and confirm price. I thought it was dead, but the K-Mart employees confirmed and said they sold out in 5 minutes. I guess the incompetence of them I'm always complaining about finally paid off. Got glared at on the way out, but at least I didn't get in a fistfight over a laptop.

dave

Cool, i am gonna check out sears then and also see if i can get this done tommorow @ BB, i realy want this game, i am a huge star wars fanboy.

at my WalMart I had a lady open the case to get SWBF2 out, no problem til she seen the ad in my hand then she told me "We ain't coppin' that" like I was some kinda criminal or something.

I'm still not sure what "coppin" means but it sounded derogatory.

I got the last copy Pm'd for me at my local WalMart. They didn't even question it. As a matter of fact, the lady didn't even ask to see the ad as people were doing it all morning.

I got it PM'd at Walmart too. I tried for 2 copies (1 for me, 1 for my nephew) but they only allowed one. The wife has it hidden already - can't open until xmas. I checked with one manager, who said sure, but they had to have some ubermanager clear it as well, took like 45 minutes when all was said and done.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and there were none left. This evening I went to Sears to see if they had any and sure enough there was one left. Had no problems PM'ing it at all. Got it for $9.85 after the 10% price match guarantee. A good day indeed.

I got a raincheck for a copy of SW:BFII at my local K-Mart... on the raincheck it says REGULAR PRICE $49.99 @ 74% off > $12.99. SWEET!!! It's valid for 30 days (til 12/25/05)

The clerk from K-Mart even asked me how rainchecks work LOL... I was like, "See, when K-Mart gets this item back in stock, I'll come in and give you this raincheck and you get to ring it up for me for $12.99." While my girlfriend and I were walking away she looked at me and said, "Isn't the clerk supposed to be explaining how rainchecks work to the customer?"

bread's done
Back