Star Wars Battlefront 2 pS2 only $12.99 at K-mart!!!! MATCH PRICE ERROR

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.

[quote name='stargun']Just got mine today at Wal-mart with price match.[/QUOTE]

Can we pricematch today since the ads start tomorrow?

[quote name='slidecage']good luck getting it Pm anyplace cause there is no price on it they can say.. the 12.99 sticker is on the 4 games no where does it say BF2 is 12.99 so be ready to be shot down[/QUOTE]

If you PM tomorrow on BF stores are just going to want you to get your merchandise and leave. They are NOT going to take the time to calls stores and they really aren't going to argue. They want to get you in and out. They're going to make so much profit everywhere else in the store, they won't care if they're getting suckered on this one little game.

The 12.99 price would be inclusive of that entire box of games that are listed (and not on the shaded box), if it wasn't there wouldn't be a price listed for those games and that really wouldn't make any sense.

When I go to Wal-Mart I make sure I have a printout of their corporate press release saying that BF PMing is a go, and also take a cell phone. If I run into problems I ask to speak to store management and if I get nowhere there I then call either the District Manager (picture and phone number should be posted on nearly every register) or if their corporate offices are open, 1-800-WAL-MART.

Call me cheap, call me a bastard, call me whatever, but my money is better in my pocket than it is Wal-Mart's and I should be able to pay the least for something if they promise that I can.

[quote name='stargun']Just got mine today at Wal-mart with price match.[/QUOTE]

it isnt closed? and you can pricematch stuff before they actually are on sale?

[quote name='swetooth9']it isnt closed? and you can pricematch stuff before they actually are on sale?[/QUOTE]

SuperCenters are open today. He must have got lucky and the clerk didn't check the date, or didn't care.

The Kmart near me just closed down about 3 or 4 months ago, so no ad here for me. Any chance someone could pick up a copy for me? Please send me a PM if you can, it'd be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='xbox_mole']If you PM tomorrow on BF stores are just going to want you to get your merchandise and leave. They are NOT going to take the time to calls stores and they really aren't going to argue. They want to get you in and out. They're going to make so much profit everywhere else in the store, they won't care if they're getting suckered on this one little game.

The 12.99 price would be inclusive of that entire box of games that are listed (and not on the shaded box), if it wasn't there wouldn't be a price listed for those games and that really wouldn't make any sense.

When I go to Wal-Mart I make sure I have a printout of their corporate press release saying that BF PMing is a go, and also take a cell phone. If I run into problems I ask to speak to store management and if I get nowhere there I then call either the District Manager (picture and phone number should be posted on nearly every register) or if their corporate offices are open, 1-800-WAL-MART.

Call me cheap, call me a bastard, call me whatever, but my money is better in my pocket than it is Wal-Mart's and I should be able to pay the least for something if they promise that I can.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree on this. They are not going to bother calling on an item like this and for the few brave souls that are going to risk life and limb at 5 a.m. when they open the doors, K-Mart doesn't open for another HOUR after that. They CAN'T call for an hour. As far as the actuall price goes, I think it's pretty clear that the $12.99 is for those games in the box that are grouped together including Battlefront II. God knows after weeks of waiting (sometimes not so patiently) that I'm really anxious to be walking out of the store with this in my hands in a few short hours. Good luck to all. Hope this helps.

For those CAG-ers who can't get the K-Mart ad for this sale or can't get find a local store that will do the price match, try Sears/Sears.coms online price matching.

I emailed Sears.com last night with the ad PM from Kmart and they gave me the O.K. on it. The only thing is they said they can't do the 10% drop, because Sears & K-Mart have merged.

here's the email:

Dear Mr. M************,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

We will approve the price of the item, but you will not recieve the 10%
because K-mart and Sears have merged.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive
innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman
and Reebok to help you create the good life.

Roderick G.
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Me
> Sent: Nov 24, 2005 3:39:07 AM CST
> To: [email protected]
>
>
> Subject: online price matching
> Tracking number:******************
>
>
>
> Name: Me
> Address: My addy
> City: Helenwood State: Tennessee Zip Code: 37755
>
> Sears’ Item #: #05895279000
> http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/058/95279/05895279000-190.jpg
> Item Description: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Playstation 2 videogame
> Sears Price: $49.99 (with free shipping)
>
>
> Local Competitor’s Name: K-Mart #9758
> Local Competitor’s Physical Address:
> 190 CLINCH AVE UNIT
> CLINTON TN
> 37716
> Local Competitor’s Price: $ 12.99
> Local Competitor’s Shipping and Handling: $ 5.60
>
> Link to Competitor’s Site/URL:
> http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg
>
> Sears Customer Care
> [email protected]
> 1-800-349-4358
>
>
>
>

Ok so do you think that if you took the ad to a Wal-Mart Supercenter at Midnight they would honor the ad? I mean they can't call the store then right? So what would they do?

Will they be open? I'm really hoping to pull this off... I guess the only reason I ask is I can't get to a page that says the hours of the stupid store...

Once again, if someone picks up an XBox copy (I know some of you fuckers do the Wal-Mart scam), I will be more than happy to take one off your hands

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I'm looking at Sears.com and it's saying that the game is out of stock..[/QUOTE]
Yeah seems that Sears has shut those items out until they sort out the sale stuff...

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I'm looking at Sears.com and it's saying that the game is out of stock..[/QUOTE]

I just checked my inbox, and I received this email from Sears.com

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The item in which you are referring, Lucas Arts Star Wars: Battlefront II

Sears item #05895279000, Mfr. model #32835
is out of stock and not available for purchase at this time. Please keep
checking back with us for in stock availability.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive
innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman
and Reebok to help you create the good life.

Jannis B.
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Anyone have any ideas as to whether the SuperCenters will be open tonight and whether they will honor the price early? I was hoping to go at Midnight or earlier...

My dad told me that he's going out to Staples sometime tomarrow to pick up a desk, so I've decided to go along and stop at Wal-Mart to pick up a copy of Battlefront 2. I would rather have the Xbox version, but for $12.99 I shouldn't complain.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']12.99 x .9 = 11.69[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but what is this 10 percent everyone is talking about at CC?

Typically when Circuit City pricematches they give you 10% of the difference between their price and the competitors.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so nobody answered someones question about the trade in value of this game... it runs for $50 at EB, so what's the usual trade in value for a $50 game?[/QUOTE]

I'd guess its in the $30 range. Maybe $35 right at release but probably down to $30 about now. Slipping into the $20s before long . . .

Do you think anywhere will pricematch if i printed the ad online? Apparently I got the ad for the one day sale on Thanksgiving, but not the one for the black friday sales. I printed out multiple pages from the K-mart site,s howing the webpage, the dates of sale, the products, the store location, and a close up of the game.

[quote name='schultzed']I'd guess its in the $30 range. Maybe $35 right at release but probably down to $30 about now. Slipping into the $20s before long . . .[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Maybe $30 at Gamerush, but EB / Gamestop probably only give you roughly $18 for this game... not that much of a payoff for the hassle it will take to get more then one copy.

[quote name='Roufuss']Are you serious? Maybe $30 at Gamerush, but EB / Gamestop probably only give you roughly $18 for this game... not that much of a payoff for the hassle it will take to get more then one copy.[/QUOTE]

It was $35 at GR when I checked a week or two ago but its probably dropped a bit since then. (though the website lists it at $35 still) When I checked out GS for the trade in value they quoted me at $21.00.

Question- GOOD IDEA or BAD IDEA?

Should I bring in the Target BF ad of $5.88 Friday Night Lights as well and get that PM'd at Wal-Mart, or is that asking too much? I'm assuming they'll let the K-Mart ad slide but how do you think they'll react to two seperate ad's for two different items?

EDIT
Here is the link to Wal-Mart's price matching policy for Black Friday 2005. Print a copy out just in case things don't work out!
http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=26&contId=5822

well, i can't find the ad in any of the papers in the dfw area...if someone can pickup 2 extra copies please pm me. i'll gladly pay you the cost + shipping and a bit for your help.

much thanks!

well, it worked!!!!! picked it up at 6:07 am... got a little hassel from the "manager" in the electronics department, but he said he would match it but i could only buy one copy at the 12.99 rate. i wasnt about to argue, though i would have liked the 4 i walked up with, lol... but yea, ymmv but it worked here in baltimore :)

Matched at Walmart in White Bear Lake, MN, but got the only PS2 copy, and they wouldn't match Xbox copies. Got a little hassle from the manager, but nothing to write home about.

Yeaaa. Got mine in Cincinnati this morning. No problem. After the price match and 10% difference it came to $9.89 (including tax). Thnaks OP.

The employee was going to get the ad from his newspaper and do the same thing when he got off work.

Thanks OP, no problem with Wal-Mart price matching. BB of course would not price match.

Reminds me why I prefer to shop at Wal-Mart, no crap.

Got mine at Wal-Mart this morning, no hassle. The lady at the counter apparent was shocked about how cheap it was and felt like discussing it with her co-workers for a minute or so, but that doesn't bother me any. ^_^

Got 2 copies, one for me and one for a friend in arab alabama. I had to flirt with the old woman for her to like me and price match it haha... not cool.

I tried Guntersville, and Boaz and they called management and called k-mart. blah.

But in the end I did get lucky!

I like how in the registration card of the game it says " Sar Wars".

thanks to the OP, I picked up 3 copies today (for me and presents) at the walmart :) they are good for something, sometimes... good lookin though!

got mine, lady told if i wanted more that i'd have to go away and come back again later, but i gotta work. oh yeah if anyone doesnt know, can trade it in at Gamestop for 25bux.

I waited in line at CC for an hour for this before being told that they weren't doing price-matches today. I might go back tomorrow, but I'm a little bitter from the experience, and being that this is YMMV I'll have to play it by ear. At least I got POP: WW for $10, which isn't too bad since it was the game I lamented most not being able to get at the Sam Goody clearence.

[quote name='Prattvegas']got mine, lady told if i wanted more that i'd have to go away and come back again later, but i gotta work. oh yeah if anyone doesnt know, can trade it in at Gamestop for 25bux.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm :whistle2:$ If i can pick up 3 or 4 copies, i am going to make some money off of this deal :D Possibly free Animal Crossing DS for me!

I tried to PM for just one today at Wal-Mart, and it didn't work. The cashier grabbed two managers and they wouldn't sell it to me. Then I tried another Wal-Mart, and they refused it right when they saw it.

Picked up 3 copies at Wal-Mart and 1 more copy at Circuit City! Four copies for the price of one!! I am going to go see if Target and/or TRU will also pricematch for me.

Also, anyone know what the trade-in value is for BFII at Game Rush??

Nicko

bread's done
Back