Star Wars Battlefront 2 pS2 only $12.99 at K-mart!!!! MATCH PRICE ERROR

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.imag.us/x/zeldax2/BlackFriday/KmartBF2.jpg

This is the Kmart AD for the black friday sale. As you can see they messed up and put Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $12.99 instead of 1.

So your local Kmart may or may not honor this. If not get the AD and match price it at Wal-mart or Circuit City. I did the same thing with Ace COmbat last year for $5 and it worked as did for many other people.

So there you have it Battlefront 2 for $13.

went to CC and a few other places and they were not taking price matching until sunday or monday from what they told me. oh well... at least I tried by wasting most of my day trying to get in on this.

I got one for Xbox, which suits me fine. I did score 2 Gallop Racers at my TRU yesterday, and I will sell those for Xmas money.. bash me if you want to :)

The associate argued with the CSM over giving me the Xbox version saying that it "wasn't the one in the paper", yet the CSM did it with no hassle. Usually it's the other way around. I'm all about the BF2 space battles.. especially shitfaced

i got one from bb no questions asked. I let the cashier keep the ad so he could also pick up a copy when he got off

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i couldnt get to walmart in time yesterday :(

oh well im happy with my other purchases[/QUOTE]

The deal is still good today since K-Mart's ad is a two-day flyer. Good luck to all of you who got the deal. I lucked out last week and got the Xbox version at Sears for $15.

[quote name='Skylander7']I got one for Xbox...I'm all about the BF2 space battles...especially shitfaced[/QUOTE]
Hmm...I can't find that particular space battle on my PS2 version, is it an X-box exclusive? :lol:

Regarding flipping:
A) Burn to those who return w/o a reciept to scam money back from the same store nice enough to price-match.

B) Returning w/o receipt to get an X-box version instead of PS2 isn't flipping, it's "adjusting" :) (Everyone and their soccer-mom seemed to "adjust" during the TrU B2G1F period)

C) I'll go so far as to say: buying new at one store and selling used to another shouldn't even be deemed flipping, otherwise we need a new word for what that SlickDeals guy did (see A above)...besides 4:3 letter word-combos.

i was about to go pricematch teh game using a printed ad, but we went to go check out the mailbox. I found out why the k-mart ad wasnt in the newspaper, it came by mail haha. I went to sears, and got 2 copies for $21.XX total. Lady had to call the manager, I was like doh she's gonna call up k-mart or something. Turned out the manager had to swipe the card to get the deal and she left. I tried being a good person and told other people at gamestop and ebgames in the mall, but no one was intereted. I saw my friend who worked at sears and finally gave the ad to him. OH well I tried helping others.

Circuit City just Price matched 5 of them for me, they each came out to $9.29 after the extra 10% that Circuit City takes off for a price match. They gave me no problems - probably could have bought 10 of them if I had the cash.

[quote name='Kerig']Hmm...I can't find that particular space battle on my PS2 version, is it an X-box exclusive? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty easy, you can "mod" the situation to make it possible.

Get in a Y Wing.. then have a few Captain Morgans and Cherry Pepsi ready.

Then bomb the shit out of life support systems while fisting down the booze.

I promise, it increases your bombing accuracy

[quote name='Kerig']
B) Returning w/o receipt to get an X-box version instead of PS2 isn't flipping, it's "adjusting" :) (Everyone and their soccer-mom seemed to "adjust" during the TrU B2G1F period)[/QUOTE]

I see your point but it's STILL flipping. I don't see how you can say your A is wrong and this is right.

so none of you that got 5-50 copies can sell one to a fellow cag member??? very nice... texas sears ads don't have anything on this game, guess we all just got screwed...

[quote name='sickman']so none of you that got 5-50 copies can sell one to a fellow cag member??? very nice... texas sears ads don't have anything on this game, guess we all just got screwed...[/QUOTE]

That's because K-Mart ran the ad this week, sears had a similar mistake last week.

For all that got the signature response, "We're not pricematching two day adds", you didn't fight hard enough. My wife had the same BS unloaded on her and she asked to see documentation on this policy. The manager went to the back and it clearly stated they do not PM hourly sales; 5-11 a.m. So my wife got to shove it in the managers face, got 2 copies and received countless apologies. Nothing against Roufuss or any other sales people here, but it seems the general populous in your line of work are idiots. You would think that employees should have a general knowledge of the companies policies. Congrats to all who got copies for themselves and family. For all you hoarders you might want to rethink boasting about your purchases here. It is one thing to hoard and help out others, but no one wants to hear how you took a copy from their hands for profit. Before you go retracing my steps, yes I bought two and traded one in so it ultimately would pay for both. A hoarder IMO is someone who is getting bulk loads, 10 or more, and not handing them out to family and friends.

HERE'S THE P.C. REVISED VERSION: SORRY TO THOSE OFFENDED OR TOOK OFFENSE TO MY POST... I WAS JUST FRUSTRATED WITH MY EXPERIENCE AT CC DOING THE PRICEMATCH.

UGH!!!

CC didn't let me PM while i was there tonight... lady called up K-Mart no one picked up from electronics... then guy at another register said, "impossible... that game just came out... no way we're going to PM at that price." Then lady hangs up the phone and says "Well the $12.99 circle is around those other four games..." so I asked her, "well then what price are these other two (Battlefront 2 and Final Fantasy) supposed to be??? MORON!"

UGH!!!

Then I went to customer service to return an extra copy of Episode III and a nice girl called up K-Mart and they were OOS so she said they can only PM if the game is in stock, but it wasn't so she said "I'm sorry..." at least she was nice enough to say I'm sorry and not be like those pricks up at the registers... GEEZ.

But, I did manage to go the K-Mart yesterday and get that raincheck... it does say Battlefront 2 and the UPC does check out so it looks like I will EVENTUALLY get a copy to play... wanted to play this weekend.

UGH!!!

Aww man scrapdawg.

I had a similar experience at Walmart, but they did eventually price match K-Marts ad and I got Battlefront II for 12.99+tax.

The lady at the register refused to price match and ring it up at her register, claiming that the deal must not be true, so I left her register without any fuss. I went to customer service, showed them the ad, and explained the situation. They said that she should have price matched and took me back to the register. The lady still refused to pm and had several other register workers and the supervisor inspect the ad. They wouldn’t believe it either. They then tried to find reason after reason for why the ad might be a mistake….maybe it was misprint?……maybe they meant Battlefront I?…..maybe the game was not included with the other 12.99 games and was 50% off?…maybe the sale was for Black Friday only?…etc. etc. I politely shot down most of their arguments noting that the ad clearly showed Battlefront II grouped with the 12.99 games and that the ad was for Friday and Saturday.

They decided to call K-mart and the K-mart rep. assured them that they were indeed selling Battlefront II for 12.99. The Walmart employee kept grilling him with questions… this is for Battlefront II, right?.....the second one?.....the new game?.....not Battlefront I?…..etc…...etc. The K-mart guy probably had to repeat 6 or 7 times that they were indeed honoring the ad….I had to hold back my laughter at this point and I just smiled. After this, the supervisor said they had to price match and I got the game for 12.99+tax. Quite an adventure to get Battlefront II, but the deal and game were certainly worth it.

Morals to my story: Prior to contrary belief, it can be beneficial to be calm, courteous, and polite when you dispute anything with store employees and if you feel you have been wronged, don’t be bashful about speaking to customer service….that’s what they’re there for.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']UGH!!!...black lady...black guy...impossible....black lady...I cop at her...UGH!!!...nice black girl...GEEZ...UGH!!![/QUOTE]

You sound like Napoleon Dynamite's rude racist little brother. Aside from your post being a decroded piece of crap, what does "I cop at her" translate into proper English?

Now on to my real post...GOSH!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I see your point but it's STILL flipping. I don't see how you can say your A is wrong and this is right.[/QUOTE]

I'll show you:

(recapping)
A) takes a $13 PM purchase and deceptively changes it back into $50 credit at the same store (but usually a different location). So you're screwing them out of $37 cash.

B)exchanges a $50 game for a different $50 game, regardless of how much you paid for the game ($13), you're still leaving with a $50 game.

In B, the only moral crime is getting it for $13 in the first place, but if PS2 and Xbox BF2 are both worth the same (which they are), then trading one version for the other is no extra loss to the store.

In A, they're unwittingly paying you for absolutely no good reason.

But on the side of logic, I'd have to say it's really stupid in this day and age for a store to take something back at full price without a receipt. There should rightly be a 20% restocking fee deducted from the lowest sold price w/in 1 year if you don't have any proof of purchase, or possibly not take it back at all.

I only got 1 copy from Best Buy. Had some hassle from the CS lady, she was nice though. She called her supervisor and some other people, they were all looking over the ad, but I don't think they called anyone. They finally gave it to me for the 12.99 but said I could only get one copy and kept the ad :(. Didn't see any at walmart and didn't have the ad so I couldn't go to sears. Still, fun game for 12.99 :)

[quote name='cman']Aww man scrapdawg.

I had a similar experience at Walmart, but they did eventually price match K-Marts ad and I got Battlefront II for 12.99+tax.

The lady at the register refused to price match and ring it up at her register, claiming that the deal must not be true, so I left her register without any fuss. I went to customer service, showed them the ad, and explained the situation. They said that she should have price matched and took me back to the register. The lady still refused to pm and had several other register workers and the supervisor inspect the ad. They wouldn’t believe it either. They then tried to find reason after reason for why the ad might be a mistake….maybe it was misprint?……maybe they meant Battlefront I?…..maybe the game was not included with the other 12.99 games and was 50% off?…maybe the sale was for Black Friday only?…etc. etc. I politely shot down most of their arguments noting that the ad clearly showed Battlefront II grouped with the 12.99 games and that the ad was for Friday and Saturday.

They decided to call K-mart and the K-mart rep. assured them that they were indeed selling Battlefront II for 12.99. The Walmart employee kept grilling him with questions… this is for Battlefront II, right?.....the second one?.....the new game?.....not Battlefront I?…..etc…...etc. The K-mart guy probably had to repeat 6 or 7 times that they were indeed honoring the ad….I had to hold back my laughter at this point and I just smiled. After this, the supervisor said they had to price match and I got the game for 12.99+tax. Quite an adventure to get Battlefront II, but the deal and game were certainly worth it.

Morals to my story: Prior to contrary belief, it can be beneficial to be calm, courteous, and polite when you dispute anything with store employees and if you feel you have been wronged, don’t be bashful about speaking to customer service….that’s what they’re there for.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why cashiers are making such a big deal. Are they getting paid less if they pricematch? I doubt it...

[quote name='Kerig']You sound like Napoleon Dynamite's rude racist little brother. Aside from your post being a decroded piece of crap, what does "I cop at her" translate into proper English?

Now on to my real post...GOSH![/QUOTE]

Whoa, there Kerig.

I agree that scrapdawg’s reference to the race of the employees was odd and unnecessary, but isn't it a bit of a stretch to label him a racist because of it? People type things on message boards quickly all the time and may not always get across their intended message. It’s easy to misinterpret what a user is saying especially when emoticons, etc. are not used. It seems to me that scrapdawg is moreso angry with those employees because they did not allow the deal than hateful of them because of their race although his choice of words was not the best. Of course, if I am mistaken about this, then I take back everything I have just typed.

This is a great topic and I enjoy reading about others’ experiences with this sale. Let’s please not allow this to turn into a flame war.

[quote name='yuy104']I don't get why cashiers are making such a big deal. Are they getting paid less if they pricematch? I doubt it...[/QUOTE]

The horrific irony of that story is the suspicious employees were right, it WAS a mistake, just as they were thinking, but K-mart was going along with the charade and denying the ad SNAFU. Kudos to the Wal-mart employees and boo to K-mart (as always).

Cman: You're right, and that's exactly why I said he "sound(s) like (a)...racist", I wasn't judging his actual character, just his words.

[quote name='Kerig']The horrific irony of that story is the suspicious employees were right, it WAS a mistake, just as they were thinking, but K-mart was going along with the charade and denying the ad SNAFU. Kudos to the Wal-mart employees and boo to to K-mart (as always).
Yeah, I don't know if should be happier with the Walmart employees for granting me the price match or with the Kmart employees who affirmed the "sale." Others have said that the call to K-Mart is usually the "kiss of death" for their price matching attempts, but in my case, it helped me to get the price match. It's really funny the way it worked out. :lol:

What about the Sears ad? Will that work for price matching with BB or CC? It has a picture of Battlefront II but it says Star Wars Battlefront #97275. Or if not, can I print out the K-Mart ad and will they PM that?

[quote name='metalgearray']What about the Sears ad? Will that work for price matching with BB or CC? It has a picture of Battlefront II but it says Star Wars Battlefront #97275. Or if not, can I print out the K-Mart ad and will they PM that?[/QUOTE]

cant do either now since both ads have expired (kmart yesterday) and sears was last saturday

[quote name='yuy104']I don't get why cashiers are making such a big deal. Are they getting paid less if they pricematch? I doubt it...[/QUOTE]

It's because despite everything that they say about PMing sale prices and making the customer happy, they still have management looming over their heads. Someone high up is going to spot the fact that a 50 dollar game got a price override to 13 dollars, and even if its based on an ad, its still hard to swallow.

[quote name='vienge']I pricematched at Circuit City and didn't get any static at all.[/QUOTE]

Today? With what ad? Printed from online or the actual ad?

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted go on the record and post this message of apology to whomever was offended or had taken offense to what I had posted regarding my PM experience at CC.

[quote name='Kerig']You sound like Napoleon Dynamite's rude racist little brother.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='bil4ltool']Why does it matter if they're African American? Why was that mentioned in your post? Some douchebags.....[/QUOTE]

To Kerig and bil4tool, I'm sorry if I sounded racist. As with many messages that are posted, people (myself included) tend to type things (and in my case, with frustration) without reading them a second or third time. I have since edited my post and I am coming out here to apologize and say that it was not my intention to sound racist.

[quote name='cman']
I agree that scrapdawg’s reference to the race of the employees was odd and unnecessary, but isn't it a bit of a stretch to label him a racist because of it?[/QUOTE]

To cman, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Yes, it was odd and unnecessary and again, I've since edited my post.

I understand that editing my post may not suffice for the damage that's been done. I just wanted to make sure that the topic doesn't turn into a flame war against me. I love these boards and again, I'm sorry.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']I just wanted to make sure that the topic doesn't turn into a flame war against me. I love these boards and again, I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

No problem. There really aren't any flame wars here at CAG that I've ever seen, there's always more people who keep it OT, or just ignore the bad posts so they'll go away quicker.

I remember a few months ago some noob made his own thread just to try to start flaming (trolling?), and it got closed/shut down by a mod within the day.

Ambiguous Circuit City Guy: I'm thinking he PMd at CC yesterday/Friday and is just letting us know he did it without a hassle, rather than assuming he did it today.

I may try to pm again 2morrow. I doubt it will work but I have several PMs still from people who want one. If any1 has extra copies, there are a few people on this site that wants them.

[quote name='metalgearray']Today? With what ad? Printed from online or the actual ad?[/QUOTE]
Nah on Friday I got the ad in the paper and took it down to CC. Cashier asked the manager and he said 'sure' and I was out in 10 minutes (would have been 2 minutes but obviously the lines were big)

I feel as though it was bait and switch because they offered me SWBFI instead of II...picturing one game in your ad and offering another is what I call EXACTLY bait and switch. All they had to do was put an insert in their flyer and I would've been fine with that. However, they didn't do so and in the meantime I'm sure they pissed off many people.

Basically what I'm saying is something like this allows any company to get away with putting anything in their flyers and then saying they don't have to honor it regardless of whatever the flyer says because it could be a mistake (as long as they says it's a mistake, they're right). Doesn't seem very moral for a company to be able to do this.

[quote name='twiztidjester']It wasnt bait and switch companies have other people make the ads for them some one put the wrong picture. This kind of thing happens all the time the two most recent times that i can rember is Ace Combat 5 for $5 at sears, and Resident Evil 4 for 2 for $30 at Best Buy before the game came out, Some people get lucky and can get the game others cant.

Yes i was able to Get in on all 3 and i only got 1 of each except for RE4.[/QUOTE]

By the way if anyone wanted to send me a copy of SWBFII for at cost + shipping please PM me. I'd be more than happy to get a copy at that price.

[quote name='3QGojo']I feel as though it was bait and switch because they offered me SWBFI instead of II...picturing one game in your ad and offering another is what I call EXACTLY bait and switch. All they had to do was put an insert in their flyer and I would've been fine with that. However, they didn't do so and in the meantime I'm sure they pissed off many people.

Basically what I'm saying is something like this allows any company to get away with putting anything in their flyers and then saying they don't have to honor it regardless of whatever the flyer says because it could be a mistake (as long as they says it's a mistake, they're right). Doesn't seem very moral for a company to be able to do this.[/QUOTE]

It is bait and switch to an extent. The ads are done by external agencies, BUT Kmart should have proofread and verified all info is correct before going to print. That's where they faulted and should be held liable. By allowing it to go print and not putting a clarification/retraction in that day's paper, and then refusing to honor their advertised item at the advertised price. But instead, offering you an inferior product at the sale price is indeed a form of "bait and switch," although not 100% true to it's original definition.

If I had went ahead to make the 1+ hour drive to the nearest Kmart solely for this item, I sure as hell wouldn't have been leaving without it.

BTW - Anyone else have a cheap copy laying around they'd part with to help out a CAG who couldn't get a PM on this deal?

bread's done
Back