Star Wars Force Unleashed X360 and PS3 $14.99 new/$12.99 used at GameCrazy

[quote name='io']See, now this is why I don't get too excited over Gamestop B2G1 sales. My last big B2G1 haul was a bunch of recent releases and came out to about $99 total: SW Force Unleashed, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia... At the time I thought that was a great deal for 3 near-mint $60 retail games. However, while I played Force Unleashed and IU a bit, I should have held off. I could have had this for $13, IU for $10 (new to boot) from Best Buy, and Vesperia for $30 or less. That'll teach me to ever buy stuff near retail again :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm annoyed at myself for having paid $40 after taxes for COD 4, since I KNOW I'll find it cheaper and be kicking myself in the ass that I didn't wait.

But i wanted to play it, so if you want to play(and the games aren't dropping in price) you gotta pay.

Here's to hoping my local HWV has this game for $15 sitting in the case NEW for PS3 when they open up around 10-11 this morning, since the closest GC is 45 minutes to an hour's drive and I don't feel like making that trek for ONE game.

I got it at full price and that it was mostly worth it. I had fun with it and it has a cool story. It was a little on the shortside but I enjoyed it.

I went to the GC near work on my way home yesterday, after deciding to get the PS3 version. When I got there, I saw that they didn't have any on the shelf, so I grabbed the only 360 version (with the old price still stickered on it), and brought it up to the counter. I said "you don't have any of this game for PS3, do you"? "Oh, yeah, we have tons". They were in the process of restickering, so they had taken them all off the shelf. After one of the slowest check out processes ever (including my lunchtime trip to Goodwill to get 2 cds), I left with a nice and minty one. Also, one of the employees (possibly the manager, since he was helping the guy trying to ring up my sale), was trying to get a customer to sell him a copy of the game, because he didn't want to pay the $13 :whistle2:s. Thanks Scorch.

[quote name='Scorch']GENERALLY speaking, lower than average, but GSGC price matches any TIV and beats it by 5%.. so you couple that factor in with lower used prices than GS.. it's awesome when you find a store with competent employees.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Also, I think they will only match + beat up to a certain threshold, but I'm not sure what it is. I doubt they'd pay more for SW:TFU than they sell it for, for example. Also, I'm pretty sure they won't match trade-in promos, which is the only way we CAGs usually trade-in, anyway.

[quote name='Brian9824']Can anyone snag me a complete copy since I have no gamecrazy's in my state? Can send paypal.[/QUOTE]

You need to state which version you want, or if it doesn't matter to you.

Wow, for 12.99 its hard to NOT recommend this purchase.

It's the best Star Wars game to come out since KOTOR. Which isn't saying TOO much, but its an enjoyable action game and, should you be a star wars fan, has an excellent story.

the Star Destroyer scene wasn't THAT bad. I was expecting a cluster**** of problems, but I only had to try it twice.
The lack of polish in the end-game levels (including lack of checkpoints) does get very annoying, however.

[quote name='Scorch']price is good to go for saturday. new copies on x360 and ps 3just dropped to 14.99[/QUOTE]

Great to know. I haven't bought anything from GC in a looong time so I will definately be getting this today if they have any new. It is sad the PS3 version doesn't have trophies otherwise I would have got it for that instead of 360.

I wonder if Two Worlds is still $4.99 because I might pick it up, too.

Just picked up the last and only copy at my GC . In near mint condition , very nice ! Guy at counter was like 37 and Whoa ! its only 12.99 I love that look !

Although some parts of this game towards the end completely sucked, it is still a very fun release and one of the better Star Wars titles I've ever played for the most part. For $12.99 it is definitely a great purchase, and if GC is anything like GS they are flooded with used copies (my local GS store has more used copies of this for the 360 than any other game).

Damn, that's the price that I'd be willing to grab this game at (even up to $20). Hope this isn't YMMV, but I'll have to check later.

I also came back from GameCrazy. The guy said this is a permanent Price Drop, so you can get this game Used for 12.99 or new for 14.99...if they had a new copy, I would've bought it that way I could've gotten the instruction booklet also.

I just picked up a 360 copy for 13.99. Looked like the last copy. No manual though, which kinda bothers me. If anyone here has a manual laying around they don't want, PM me.

I also asked how much the new copy was and the clerk said 59.99. Then I told him that people were getting it for 14.99 and he told me that was last week or something. Oh well.

Went to one 2 hours ago in saint louis, sure nough, 14.99 for 360 or ps3. Great price picked up for sons b-day (i guess ill play also:cool:)

At mine, new copies were only 15 bucks!!!! I didn't even know about this deal, I just went in while my mom was at the dollar store. I'm not a Star Wars guy and don't really plan on playing, but I'm definitely selling it/returning to Wal-Mart.

Question: Does Gamestop give store credit if you return them a new a game without a receipt?

Got a used copy with case and manual. They had like 6 more copies sitting out at the one on West Florissant in St. Louis.

Just went to my local Hollywood video store and got a brand new sealed copy of SW Forced Unleashed for $14.99!!! Thanks OP!

Also picked up a TF Revenge of the Fallen removable peel and stick wall art which looks totally awesome!!!

[quote name='DookieMan']At mine, new copies were only 15 bucks!!!! I didn't even know about this deal, I just went in while my mom was at the dollar store. I'm not a Star Wars guy and don't really plan on playing, but I'm definitely selling it/returning to Wal-Mart.

Question: Does Gamestop give store credit if you return them a new a game without a receipt?[/QUOTE]

Ban him, real smart, rip off Walmart and cool get 30 bucks in return, 15 profit for doing something illegal, i guess your that strapped for cash... that you would need a measly 15 bucks.

I picked up a copy for $15 but it wasn't sealed and it had scratches on the disk but the case had a Microsoft sticker on the side. They also charged me a Diskguard fee for a buck but didn't ask me if I wanted.

I snagged a nice sealed copy for PS3 from a HWV by me. They had 1-2 left and I think they had 1-3 for 360 as well.

I didn't have them PC the used copies to see if they were $12.99, but I'm sure that's GC only.

[quote name='DookieMan']At mine, new copies were only 15 bucks!!!! I didn't even know about this deal, I just went in while my mom was at the dollar store. I'm not a Star Wars guy and don't really plan on playing, but I'm definitely selling it/returning to Wal-Mart.

Question: Does Gamestop give store credit if you return them a new a game without a receipt?[/QUOTE]

GameStop does not, although there is a way to look up transactions if they aren't too old. obviously you don't have one though, so you're out of luck.

Just got back with mine $15 new. I also was going to get two worlds for $5 but the guy (who I'm 99% sure is the manager) was like don't get it, its awful and I was like I don't know for five bucks I think it's worth trying out at least and he went on for like 10 minutes bashing the game.... What an idiot he is trying to lose sales.

[quote name='KMunley']Just got back with mine $15 new. I also was going to get two worlds for $5 but the guy (who I'm 99% sure is the manager) was like don't get it, its awful and I was like I don't know for five bucks I think it's worth trying out at least and he went on for like 10 minutes bashing the game.... What an idiot he is trying to lose sales.[/QUOTE]

you're complaining about a helpful employee who isn't a complete corporate drone? :roll:

[quote name='ssj3pikachu']you're complaining about a helpful employee who isn't a complete corporate drone? :roll:[/QUOTE]

No I actually like him because he does that, but he's a moron when it comes to business. He tries to talk me into games which never happens, but talks people out of so much which is causing him (if he is indeed the manager) to lose tons of money.

I should have mentioned if someone can snag me a copy of the 360 version. Prefer new but i'm fine with used as long as its in good shape and complete.

Anyone check Movie Gallery yet? I went to one and the 360 version was stickered $29.99. There were about 6 people in line so I decided to check later.

Picked up a new copy today for $15. I also grabbed Assassin's Creed CE for $30 since I don't have the game yet. I would have brought RE5 CE too if I don't already own it.

Picked this up at the Gamecrazy on Rainer Ave. in Seattle, WA. Thanks for the heads up.

The manager wasted 20 minutes of my life explaining me how much I need their discount membership card. People just dont understand the meaning of no.

Also, I just played the first few stages, and I am not really feeling it. I might return it and just pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

is the only weapon you are allowed to use in the game a lightsaber? looked at some screenshots on gamespot and that's all i saw. excuse my noobness i haven't played a starwars game since the n64 days. and is there a multiplayer?

picked up a used ps3 copy for 11.69 after mvp. doubt ill get around to playing it again anytime soon, but maybe ill pop it in if the dlc ever gets cheaper.

I just picked up a new copy for the 360 at my local HWV. They had a sign in front of the games with a $59.99 price. The PS3 version was priced at $29.99. I saw a used copy (360) and it was priced at $29.99. My point is that how does HWV think that they are going to sell these games if they aren't priced correctly. If it wasn't for Scorch, I doubt they would sell many copies at all.

[quote name='rustyrage']is the only weapon you are allowed to use in the game a lightsaber? looked at some screenshots on gamespot and that's all i saw. excuse my noobness i haven't played a starwars game since the n64 days. and is there a multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

You do get to use THE FORCE on top of the lightsaber, of course.

[quote name='Static X']Anybody be cool enough to grab me a copy of this? There aren't any GameCrazy stores in the southeast.[/QUOTE]

Check Movie Gallery. MG, Hollywood Video and GameCrazy are all the same. I would've checked earlier but the line was too long.

Edit: The MG on Bradley Park has a Gamezone so this price might be good there too.

bread's done
Back