Star Wars Force Unleashed X360 and PS3 $14.99 new/$12.99 used at GameCrazy

This one is also mostly great.ya rally
home.gif
:)
home.gif
:)

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Sounds like my experience but Harry the Assistant Store Director at the Hollywood Video on Boulder Hwy near Tropicana (this deal also works at the Game Zones that dont have Gamecrazy's attached) or more than likely Hollywood Video's with used copies of the game. in Las Vegas Nevada first didnt want to scan the used copy for me and I told him that Cheapassgamer.com told me to have them scan it. It had a $25 sticker on a used copy and that it should ring up for $13, he was amazed and wanted the URL so I gave it to him. I then noticed they had a new copy in the glass case so I just paid the $2 for a brand new copy. Then he asked me if I gamed a lot and I told him i did and he kept trying to force me to pre-order a game. I told him that I didnt like War Games when he tried to have me pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and was suggesting other titles when I kept tell him no, he asked what new game I was going to buy and I told him probably Ghostbusters, I must have told him NO, fifteen times that I didnt need a Stay Puft Marshmallow man and that I just happened to be in the area (which was a totally true statement) and that I didnt get to that area of town much, but he didnt want to take no for an answer. I finally got out of there about 10 minutes later after telling him NO, NO, NO im not preordering anything. I will never go back to that store unless they have another great deal like this and I happen to be in the area. I have never met a more forceful sales person in my life.

Thanks OP for this great find, on a great game. Ive been having a blast with it for the past 3 hours (at least when my wife would give me the controller). I just wish the lock on wasnt so fidgety.[/QUOTE]

Number one rule of CAG: Don't mention CAG to the general public, least of all store managers, since some of these idiots think their sales and info are such big secrets.

Case in point: Last night I tried(in vain) to get at least ONE copy of Nights for the Wii from a local Kmart where they've been marked $29.99 and ring up as $29.99 forever.

I asked the manager and a couple of associates to 'check in the RMU for any updates'. I was then grilled as to how I know what an RMU is and how I know what to call it. I had to make up a story about a 'friend who worked for Kmart, plus everyone else mentioning the RMU' to get my ass off the hook.

Needless to say, the copies of Nights at this store must've been ones which went out of the system a while back and were marked back up to $29.99(sticker price), since the manager 'checked the system'(from his office) and said they came up as such.

Oh well....but see this is why you don't mention CAG specifically. When asked where you found out about the deal, say 'the internet' and just STOP there. You are under NO obligation to give anyone ANY info on where you found out about the deal(s).

Don't have any Game Crazy stores around me... Hollywood Video is linked to them though and picked it up there for the same price

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Number one rule of CAG: Don't mention CAG to the general public, least of all store managers, since some of these idiots think their sales and info are such big secrets.

Case in point: Last night I tried(in vain) to get at least ONE copy of Nights for the Wii from a local Kmart where they've been marked $29.99 and ring up as $29.99 forever.

I asked the manager and a couple of associates to 'check in the RMU for any updates'. I was then grilled as to how I know what an RMU is and how I know what to call it. I had to make up a story about a 'friend who worked for Kmart, plus everyone else mentioning the RMU' to get my ass off the hook.

Needless to say, the copies of Nights at this store must've been ones which went out of the system a while back and were marked back up to $29.99(sticker price), since the manager 'checked the system'(from his office) and said they came up as such.

Oh well....but see this is why you don't mention CAG specifically. When asked where you found out about the deal, say 'the internet' and just STOP there. You are under NO obligation to give anyone ANY info on where you found out about the deal(s).[/QUOTE]

number 1 rule of cag is you dont talk about cag. they must have some new mandate going on about pushing sales on people. i was able to get a friend of mine near a gamecrazy to get me a copy and they said the person there kept going on and on about diff games as well as some kind of scratch protection dealy blah blah blah. i could see them doing that shit to parents who are going in to buy shit for their kids and they dont know whats what but when it comes to gamers who know wtf they want they should know theyre wasting their time. guess theyre getting desperate or something.

true never mention you saw specials on the internet, because to stores, the internet is a unreliable source.. lol. Better to say something like "my buddy came in the other day and got the promotion".. more than likely the employee will not know of ur buddy, so they will think they must have dealed with another staff member and that it was ok.

Dont sweat the people pushing their MVP program, they are just workers and are forced to push it like that otherwise they would get in trouble for not offering it, its a opertunity for the store to make money.

My store had 3 copies all $14.99 but even at that price I just could not pull the trigger. I want to like it but just can't. Shame too cuz I loved Jedi 2.

Will the price also be good at any regular Hollywood video?

and I do apologize if this has been asked before.

I was in Reston, VA last night and stopped by the GameCrazy there just after 10 -- didn't realize that they closed that part of the store at 10, even though the Hollywood Video part is open until midnight. The manager was awesome though, and when i asked him whether they had the game (figuring I'd have to drive back out there today if I wanted it), he said "I haven't closed the cash register out yet, so come on in." He asked whether I wanted the warranty for a dollar, but didn't try to push anything else on me after I refused that.

Anyway, they looked to still have several copies of the 360 version if anyone in Northern VA is still looking for it. Didn't notice whether they had any PS3 copies or not.

Don't mention CAG? I think you guys just like the feeling of having a secret club or something. Since more members means more possible revenue for CheapyD and the site staying open, you guys should just get a tree house.

[quote name='obijuan71']Will the price also be good at any regular Hollywood video?

and I do apologize if this has been asked before.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's good at both, $15 new and $13 used.

I don't know if this deal ends later today (Sunday) or not. The ad says it did, but they may keep it running through the end of the sale day Sunday. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow and post to let you guys know.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Number one rule of CAG: Don't mention CAG to the general public, least of all store managers, since some of these idiots think their sales and info are such big secrets.

Oh well....but see this is why you don't mention CAG specifically. When asked where you found out about the deal, say 'the internet' and just STOP there. You are under NO obligation to give anyone ANY info on where you found out about the deal(s).[/QUOTE]

So, were not supposed to mention Cheapassgamer? I'm so confused now. He didn't tell me I couldn't have the deal, just that he wanted to know how I found out about it and he worked there and didn't know. Anyway, I wouldn't normally go around to store salesmen mentioning Cheapassgamer as a rule, but I didn't know I had joined Fight Club of Games.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']So, were not supposed to mention Cheapassgamer? I'm so confused now. He didn't tell me I couldn't have the deal, just that he wanted to know how I found out about it and he worked there and didn't know. Anyway, I wouldn't normally go around to store salesmen mentioning Cheapassgamer as a rule, but I didn't know I had joined Fight Club of Games.[/QUOTE]

Whether or not you talk about Fight CAG is up to you, and, to me, it really depends on the situation. If the employee is saying "Hey, wow, cool deal, how did you know?" then there isn't much harm, and the employee might even provide useful information to the CAG community in the future. If the employee is interrogating you about where you got the super secret information about how much they actually charge for their games, after they went to all the trouble of marking them higher specifically to deter people from making purchases, then they probably would not be good membership candidates, and you should tell them you read about it on Slick Deals (just kidding about that last part).

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Anyway, I wouldn't normally go around to store salesmen mentioning Cheapassgamer as a rule, but I didn't know I had joined Fight Club of Games.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Then you didn't get the proper intro and briefing. Allow me to formally greet you. Welcome to Cheap Ass Gamer. The first rule of Cheap Ass Gamer is: you do not talk about Cheap Ass Gamer. :whistle2:$

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']So, were not supposed to mention Cheapassgamer? I'm so confused now. He didn't tell me I couldn't have the deal, just that he wanted to know how I found out about it and he worked there and didn't know. Anyway, I wouldn't normally go around to store salesmen mentioning Cheapassgamer as a rule, but I didn't know I had joined Fight Club of Games.[/QUOTE]

How much competition in your local area do you want for gaming deals? Every person in your local area that you mention this site to can potentially become your competition for cheap gaming deals.

The reason why is because a lot of retailers frown upon what is mentioned on here. So, I guess you could say its the Fight Club of Games. Whenever they ask where you found out I normally just say I read about it on the internet but never actually state where.

Yeah whenever I ask about an unadvertised deal in a store I always just say I "heard about it on the internet" or just "I heard Force Unleashed is $15, can you scan it to check?" Many store employees don't like these kind of sites because they'd rather have uninformed soccer mom type customers than bottomfeeding cheapasses like us.

[quote name='cdeener']The reason why is because a lot of retailers frown upon what is mentioned on here. So, I guess you could say its the Fight Club of Games. Whenever they ask where you found out I normally just say I read about it on the internet but never actually state where.[/QUOTE]

"How dare you come into this store just to buy something we have on sale!!!!"

Do not divulge the source!
Do not mention CAG! What harm can it do? just think...frickin think...lol yeh they might give info in the future...yeh right and they might wipe their store out...
better yet what good does it do? nada

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Sounds like my experience but Harry the Assistant Store Director at the Hollywood Video on Boulder Hwy near Tropicana (this deal also works at the Game Zones that dont have Gamecrazy's attached) or more than likely Hollywood Video's with used copies of the game. in Las Vegas Nevada first didnt want to scan the used copy for me and I told him that Cheapassgamer.com told me to have them scan it. It had a $25 sticker on a used copy and that it should ring up for $13, he was amazed and wanted the URL so I gave it to him. I then noticed they had a new copy in the glass case so I just paid the $2 for a brand new copy. Then he asked me if I gamed a lot and I told him i did and he kept trying to force me to pre-order a game. I told him that I didnt like War Games when he tried to have me pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and was suggesting other titles when I kept tell him no, he asked what new game I was going to buy and I told him probably Ghostbusters, I must have told him NO, fifteen times that I didnt need a Stay Puft Marshmallow man and that I just happened to be in the area (which was a totally true statement) and that I didnt get to that area of town much, but he didnt want to take no for an answer. I finally got out of there about 10 minutes later after telling him NO, NO, NO im not preordering anything. I will never go back to that store unless they have another great deal like this and I happen to be in the area. I have never met a more forceful sales person in my life.

Thanks OP for this great find, on a great game. Ive been having a blast with it for the past 3 hours (at least when my wife would give me the controller). I just wish the lock on wasnt so fidgety.[/QUOTE]

If this is the same Hollywood i'm thinking about, then the new Store Director is also a complete wanking idiot.
He was actually a Store Director for Game Crazy (Hired in by his buddy, the district manager). Once the DM left he failed miserably and ended up quitting without notice. The DM is now the DM for all Hollywood here in Vegas and after a year of his buddy being gone hired him back and MOVED the SD who was there and doing a good job to put his buddy into one with a gamezone.
Also, the SD who was there previously was going to be going to a gaming convention in the area, but she was removed and the buddy who's taking over the store is now going instead.

I personally am boycotting that store because the DM and the SD are both worthless human beings.

I let all my friends know about CAG, I let all my former employee's know about CAG, and I have told many of my customers about CAG.

I feel there is no harm in people also wanting to find deals.
I'm not going to treat this like some elitist site with top secret info that must be paid for in blood before you can have access to certain areas.

F That.

If you want the site to be elitist then make it a private site, make it a pay site, and make it that you need to have an invitation and recommendation from 12 current members with all credentials verified before you are allowed to become a fellow elitist.

Hey guys so I went to buy Star Wars yesterday and the employee kept on begging me if I wanted a warranty and I said nope I'm ok,its a new game not used. So anyways I told him I'm a cheap ass Lol, we chuckled, and left the store with a deal.

Thanks CAG for the tips..

I managed to pick one up yesterday (thanks OP!) and I noticed they had a sign saying 14.99 as if they've been permanently marked down.

[quote name='grrouchie']I let all my friends know about CAG, I let all my former employee's know about CAG, and I have told many of my customers about CAG.

I feel there is no harm in people also wanting to find deals.
I'm not going to treat this like some elitist site with top secret info that must be paid for in blood before you can have access to certain areas.

F That.

If you want the site to be elitist then make it a private site, make it a pay site, and make it that you need to have an invitation and recommendation from 12 current members with all credentials verified before you are allowed to become a fellow elitist.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, we're not trying to get it to be 'elitist', but quite frankly keeping the location where you get all these deals a secret helps in at least one way: LESS COMPETITION FOR DEALS.

I admit I've told my friends about the site and about the deals I've managed to get over the past couple of years from here, but most of them are too broke or don't have a computer to be able to keep track of the deals, so I'm safe from having real competition for them.

It's my fellow local CAG's who I'm worried about having to compete with for deals and I HAVE been beaten to deals before by many of them. But I've also beat them to deals at times, so it's a bit of a cycle.

But I look at it this way, you're better off not telling every Tom, Dick and Harry about the site, since you may end up begging on the trading forum for deals you would've otherwise managed to get if one of them turns out to be a major hoarder/reseller.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Seriously, we're not trying to get it to be 'elitist', but quite frankly keeping the location where you get all these deals a secret helps in at least one way: LESS COMPETITION FOR DEALS.

I admit I've told my friends about the site and about the deals I've managed to get over the past couple of years from here, but most of them are too broke or don't have a computer to be able to keep track of the deals, so I'm safe from having real competition for them.

It's my fellow local CAG's who I'm worried about having to compete with for deals and I HAVE been beaten to deals before by many of them. But I've also beat them to deals at times, so it's a bit of a cycle.

But I look at it this way, you're better off not telling every Tom, Dick and Harry about the site, since you may end up begging on the trading forum for deals you would've otherwise managed to get if one of them turns out to be a major hoarder/reseller.[/QUOTE]

i can understand that. especially when it comes to people who take advantage of deals just to make money. i tell people about certain deals depending on if i know theyd be interested but i do this with fellow gamers. i can be frustrating to miss out on a deal because of hoarding but as of late ive lucked out and been able to get in on some great deals like this one and the saints row 2 one a while back.

cag is a great resource in that way and its cool how people here go out of their way at times to help fellow gamers.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']"How dare you come into this store just to buy something we have on sale!!!!"[/QUOTE]
You don't realize how many times I've been in a store that I knew how much something suppose to ring up for before they even scanned it and have them grill me on how I knew how much or even better how to find it in the system.

[quote name='cdeener']You don't realize how many times I've been in a store that I knew how much something suppose to ring up for before they even scanned it and have them grill me on how I knew how much or even better how to find it in the system.[/QUOTE]

I always say something like "A buddy of mine in (insert neighboring city/state here) said that this game was marked down to that price Game Crazy, and I wasn't for sure if it was a chain-wide markdown, so I thought that I'd check!" They ease up after hearing that.

[quote name='CaoPi']anyone actually buy the extra skins? seems to be a ripoff deal IMO[/QUOTE]

The Jedi Temple mission was "nice" and see how it was cut from the main game. Yea the "skins" are a rip off as they use the same combat moves as the main character so there is nothing unique about them except their models/textures.

[quote name='grrouchie']If this is the same Hollywood i'm thinking about, then the new Store Director is also a complete wanking idiot.
He was actually a Store Director for Game Crazy (Hired in by his buddy, the district manager). Once the DM left he failed miserably and ended up quitting without notice. The DM is now the DM for all Hollywood here in Vegas and after a year of his buddy being gone hired him back and MOVED the SD who was there and doing a good job to put his buddy into one with a gamezone.
Also, the SD who was there previously was going to be going to a gaming convention in the area, but she was removed and the buddy who's taking over the store is now going instead.

I personally am boycotting that store because the DM and the SD are both worthless human beings.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't say the guy was a wanking idiot, nor was he really rude, just pushy. I never even get to that area of town, and rarely pre-order anything because I can always get a better deal when the game is released, but he just kept insisting. I think deals like this are just to get us into the store so we know they exist, but I personally like Fry's in Las Vegas the best to buy video games at, or more often than not lately, I just wait until a deal like this comes along. A new game 6 months after it's released that I haven't played is still a new game to me.

According to a manager @ a HWV I hit yesterday for the $4.99 game sale, the $14.99 sale price on SW:FU is STILL valid. It was CLEARLY marked in the case.

I have no reason not to believe him since his store is pretty up to speed on which sales are going on.

Only saw it marked for PS3 @ $14.99, but it may still be on sale for 360 & Wii too.

Has anyone seen multiple copies of this game for PS3 still NEW? I have checked five different locations at this point and I canot find a complete used copy or a new copy at any of the locations.

If anyone could pick me up a NEW copy I would gladly send you $20 to cover shipping and your time...or you could check my trade list.

bread's done
Back