Star Wars Force Unleashed X360 and PS3 $14.99 new/$12.99 used at GameCrazy

I might return my copy. I have been reading reviews and re-downloaded the demo. Seems like I could put $15 towards something that I would like better. Plus the backlog is too big. I can't decide.

The reviews are based on a $60 game. Any reviewer would have given this a 9.5 had they bought it for $15. If you have any interest in Star Wars at all, buy this game.

thanks for the tip - got 2 today for the 360 in Brentwood, TN as b-day gifts. also got Zelda - 4 Swords and Animal Crossing for the Gamecube for $7.50.

I just got my 360 version today at S. 4h St. in Allentown. However, they charged me for a game warranty ($1) even after I said I didn't want it. Once I looked at the sales slip and noticed it, they refunded my money. There were a few copies left at the store, but just make sure you check your receipt.

Thanks for the heads-up, Scorch. I picked up a new copy :)360:) at the Florence, KY GameCrazy. I believe they had 2 new/sealed copies left there, after my purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='omeggy']I just got my 360 version today at S. 4h St. in Allentown. However, they charged me for a game warranty ($1) even after I said I didn't want it. Once I looked at the sales slip and noticed it, they refunded my money. There were a few copies left at the store, but just make sure you check your receipt.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too on my receipt when I bought a used copy. He gave me the MVP discount to reduce the price by $1.20 to $11.79 for the game (instead of $12.99) and then charged another dollar for the game warranty. So I "saved" $.20, but only after he did some shady crap in order to boost his warranty sales for the day. So I know exactly what you're talking about.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Picked up a copy for 15 bucks....

He asked me if I wanted a warranty and I said hellz no....[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah me too, I mean WTF a warranty on a $12 game?

You would be surprised how many people warranty even $4.99 games.

I never understood why people tack on the coverage to people who don't want it, it matters so little to the store.

[quote name='Rhl']What does this trade for at Gamestop? Jack shit?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop still sells it for $44 or so, so you should get a decent trade in price

[quote name='Stry-ker']Are these the same price at Hollywood video or is it just at gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can get that price at HWV, HWV & GC are owned by the same company

[quote name='WTFer']LOL yeah me too, I mean WTF a warranty on a $12 game?[/QUOTE]

I've been offered warranties on $0.97 games from Sears.

Damn, for some reason Hollywood Video closed most of their stores in my area a year or two ago (odd, since we're a major metropolitan area -- I'd think they'd do more business here than in other less populated places). There's only one that's even vaguely convenient now, and I don't remember it even having any games for sale (granted, it's been a while since I've been there). The nearest Game Crazy is probably a good 40 minute drive with traffic. Oh well.

[quote name='Josef']I've been offered warranties on $0.97 games from Sears.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, they tried to sell me one for $2.50 on a $14.97 game the other day (I said "um, you're kidding, right?" and the guy said "yeah, I didn't think so" -- apparently their register prompts them to ask, though, and they have to actually enter that it was refused). I wonder what they would actually do if someone took it, and then later needed a replacement on a game that they'd clearanced out a while ago and no longer had available . . .

[quote name='omeggy']I just got my 360 version today at S. 4h St. in Allentown.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is where I got mine too :D

I don't know about Sears, but if you get a warranty on a game at GC, you get another copy of the game. If none is in stock, you get the amount you paid back in store credit..

Just picked up a PS3 copy in Hendersonville, TN. They might have more I was on my lunch break and trying to get in and out.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I noticed that too on my receipt when I bought a used copy. He gave me the MVP discount to reduce the price by $1.20 to $11.79 for the game (instead of $12.99) and then charged another dollar for the game warranty. So I "saved" $.20, but only after he did some shady crap in order to boost his warranty sales for the day. So I know exactly what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

The manager at my store didn't even ask me about the warranty, he just charged me the $1 and I didn't notice until I got home. Wrote an angry e-mail to their cutomer service and they offered to send me a $5 gift card. I've only shopped twice at GC but I am totally turned off by them, so probably won't accept the $5 card sicne they want me to send them my mailing address.

[quote name='JohnLa101']The manager at my store didn't even ask me about the warranty, he just charged me the $1 and I didn't notice until I got home. Wrote an angry e-mail to their cutomer service and they offered to send me a $5 gift card. I've only shopped twice at GC but I am totally turned off by them, so probably won't accept the $5 card sicne they want me to send them my mailing address.[/QUOTE]

I won't lie, I will often get people free Game Guard's by using an MVP acct if the person does not have an MVP card. However, if the person buying the game has the card, they are entitled to the discount, and the GG is up to their decision. However, I've never knowingly added a GG without telling the person, that's horrible.

Then again, in my area, alot of people are kinda dumb. They will bring in tons of games with laser burn and scratches and cracks, and we will tell them we can't buff their game because it's too far gone. Then they will buy a game and not get the $1 insurance on it. Retarded.

I went back to the Hollywood Video where I bought my copy of FU for $15 last week and I was told and I quote 'it was a one day sale, it's not on sale anymore'.

They still have 2 copies of it for the PS3 and they're still marked $49.99 in the case. They also had one copy for the Wii that was new. I think that's also on sale for $17.99, right?

If anyone wants a copy of this for PS3 or Wii and has a copy of Legends Of Wrestlemania for PS3 up for trade, I'll do an even swap, as long as the copy of LOW is complete/minty.

snagged a copy on Sunday! Been waiting for a price-drop on this game for awhile.

Thanks Scorch and the other Poster (who's thread I saw on Sunday morning, but couldn't find again)

ok cool i just picked it up!! Perris California location has alot on the shelf, all labeled $49. Just asked the dude to ring it up and he said it was on sale.

I called the store on Wm. Cannon and Brodie, and the employee was actually friendly and helpful! Verified price and stock on the phone for me. They have new and used copies in stock.

Picked up a new copy for $14.99 as well. I've been interested in playing this, but not to the point that I wanted to drop $60 on it. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

I played it a long time ago when a friend brought it over for a "beer night". It was a really fun game. I also just finished it on the DS yesterday. I'm looking forward to playing it on the PS3 again!

I went to one of my local GameCrazys and picked it up for $15. They had a "SALE" tag in front of them but no price listed whatsoever. And the CSR was shocked to see the price.

He also spent 5 straight minutes trying to pitch me MVP which I kept saying no to, but that's another story.

i only played the first stage.. but i like the cut scenes and all.. i used to love the star wars environment.

Damn, apparently I'm just not supposed to get in on this one. Happened to actually be near the one Hollywood Video that's still in my area last night and figured I'd stop while I was over there. Get there and discover that the power is out on that entire block. I went and ran the other errand that I was in the area for, came back around, and the power was still out. Doh!

I picked it up the other day brand new here in LV. Staff was great, no hassles about the MVP card. Was in and out within 5 minutes. Finally got it for a price I could live with.

[quote name='arcane93']Damn, apparently I'm just not supposed to get in on this one. Happened to actually be near the one Hollywood Video that's still in my area last night and figured I'd stop while I was over there. Get there and discover that the power is out on that entire block. I went and ran the other errand that I was in the area for, came back around, and the power was still out. Doh![/QUOTE]

Probably too many people using Force Lightning - tends to overload the system.

[quote name='Guinn3sS']Is the sale still on for this at GC? Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Picked one up for the PS3 in Livonia, MI last night for $14.99... still had a couple left for PS3 and 360.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Picked one up for the PS3 in Livonia, MI last night for $14.99... still had a couple left for PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks! Maybe I'll go check out the GC near me and see what's up.

I picked up 2 used PS3 copies today for $28.xx

I am going to flip them though to Amazon towards the extra $75 off of my new DS!

Picked one up yesterday. They said it was "new"; and by "new", I mean the shrinkwrap was removed. They also said the used version was the same price. Go figure. Anyhow, excellent price for an excellent game.

Just picked up a new 360 copy at the GC in Garden Grove and the guy charged the $1 gameguard. Good thing I checked my receipt while I was walking out. I went back to the counter and told him I didn't want it and he was like "it's only a dollar" and I said I still don't want it. So he pulled out a dollar bill from his wallet and handed it to me and I left.

[quote name='omeggy']I just got my 360 version today at S. 4h St. in Allentown. However, they charged me for a game warranty ($1) even after I said I didn't want it. Once I looked at the sales slip and noticed it, they refunded my money. There were a few copies left at the store, but just make sure you check your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Funny, a Gamecrazy not too far from there (off route 33) had them, but for around $25. Wonder if they just never marked it down?

Picked up a used copy yesterday. The girl that worked there kept pushing that damn MVP card down my throat, i nearly lost my cool after the 40th time of her trying to convince me to get it and i kept telling her no.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Picked up a used copy yesterday. The girl that worked there kept pushing that damn MVP card down my throat, i nearly lost my cool after the 40th time of her trying to convince me to get it and i kept telling her no.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my experience but Harry the Assistant Store Director at the Hollywood Video on Boulder Hwy near Tropicana (this deal also works at the Game Zones that dont have Gamecrazy's attached) or more than likely Hollywood Video's with used copies of the game. in Las Vegas Nevada first didnt want to scan the used copy for me and I told him that Cheapassgamer.com told me to have them scan it. It had a $25 sticker on a used copy and that it should ring up for $13, he was amazed and wanted the URL so I gave it to him. I then noticed they had a new copy in the glass case so I just paid the $2 for a brand new copy. Then he asked me if I gamed a lot and I told him i did and he kept trying to force me to pre-order a game. I told him that I didnt like War Games when he tried to have me pre-order Modern Warfare 2 and was suggesting other titles when I kept tell him no, he asked what new game I was going to buy and I told him probably Ghostbusters, I must have told him NO, fifteen times that I didnt need a Stay Puft Marshmallow man and that I just happened to be in the area (which was a totally true statement) and that I didnt get to that area of town much, but he didnt want to take no for an answer. I finally got out of there about 10 minutes later after telling him NO, NO, NO im not preordering anything. I will never go back to that store unless they have another great deal like this and I happen to be in the area. I have never met a more forceful sales person in my life.

Thanks OP for this great find, on a great game. Ive been having a blast with it for the past 3 hours (at least when my wife would give me the controller). I just wish the lock on wasnt so fidgety.

bread's done
Back