Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed Black Ops a lot, though retail copies activate on Steam, so you'll get a better deal likely from there.

Thief Deadly Shadows gets more hate than it deserves.

Red Faction Guerilla is a fun physics sandbox in search of a good game. The good game never really materializes but the breaking styrofoam buildings NEVER gets old.

With all the reviews I've been watching for RF: Armageddon, I've been wanting to go back and play some RF: Guerrilla. $5 to own and replay one of the most purely fun games I've ever played? I'm in.

[quote name='Therapy']I bought Borderlands during the last winter sales. I didn't get a DNF key :([/QUOTE]

Was it Borderlands GOTY? That's the only version that gives a key.
To view it you need Borderlands installed (if you don't want to install it, just begin to install it). Right-click on the game title in your Steam list and "View Game CD-Key." You'll be presented with three keys - two for DLC and one for The King, baby.

[quote name='cheapo72']Was it Borderlands GOTY? That's the only version that gives a key.
To view it you need Borderlands installed (if you don't want to install it, just begin to install it). Right-click on the game title in your Steam list and "View Game CD-Key." You'll be presented with three keys - two for DLC and one for The King, baby.[/QUOTE]

Not true about only GOTY, I got one on Steam and I bought Borderlands back when it first came out, I don't own the GOTY version on PC. I think they gave one to everybody that had the game before this deal started, not sure about pople that bought the regular version after GOTY came out though.

Every Borderlands owner gets the demo, not just GOTY.
[quote name='Therapy']I bought Borderlands during the last winter sales. I didn't get a DNF key :([/QUOTE]
You need to do "View game CD key" on Borderlands for the DNF first access club key.

Btw I'm sorry to say that the demo is terrible. Gearbox obviously doesn't know how to put together a demo. You should try to put some of the better parts of the game in there, and I hope for their sakes that the demo only showcased the worst parts of the game.

What little interest I had in the game previously was destroyed by this demo.

[quote name='TestType']Btw I'm sorry to say that the demo is terrible. Gearbox obviously doesn't know how to put together a demo. You should try to put some of the better parts of the game in there, and I hope for their sakes that the demo only showcased the worst parts of the game.

What little interest I had in the game previously was destroyed by this demo.[/QUOTE]

There is no way ill buy this game at launch now. I was not impressed at all. hopefully that was not indicative of the full game.

[quote name='stoned99']Anyone creating a group to the protogalaxy 4 pack ?[/QUOTE]

Edit: 4-pack transaction completed; Thanks Stoned99 and Khamous.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapo72']Was it Borderlands GOTY? That's the only version that gives a key.
To view it you need Borderlands installed (if you don't want to install it, just begin to install it). Right-click on the game title in your Steam list and "View Game CD-Key." You'll be presented with three keys - two for DLC and one for The King, baby.[/QUOTE]

I bought the regular Borderlands in the wintersale and all the addons during some other sale after that. When I go to the GOTY store page it tells me I already own that version. I have the game installed, but I do not see the key :(

[quote name='Therapy']I bought the regular Borderlands in the wintersale and all the addons during some other sale after that. When I go to the GOTY store page it tells me I already own that version. I have the game installed, but I do not see the key :([/QUOTE]
Right click on Borderlands in your Steam Library. Select "view game CD key". If you meet the requirements you should see a key for Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club.

[quote name='Therapy']I bought the regular Borderlands in the wintersale and all the addons during some other sale after that. When I go to the GOTY store page it tells me I already own that version. I have the game installed, but I do not see the key :([/QUOTE]

Like in your first post, you stated your purchase was during the 2010/11 Winter Sale.
By that time, First Access keys were given only to GOTY buyers. If you bought vanilla Borderlands before Oct. 12 you got a key, but not after. And apparently "completing the package" with DLC purchases is not recognized.

Don't worry, it's only a few days wait.

[quote name='cheapo72']

Don't worry, it's only a few days wait.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I mean some people have waited 15 years to play the game, what's another few days? ;)

[quote name='houdinilogic']new daily deal is up... 75% off dirt.[/QUOTE]

A "Free Dirt" sale would've been hilarious. They could even have a crappy-looking cardboard sign to advertise it.

[quote name='Phrozenx']Oh is Dirt worth a buy if you love the original? is its online still going?[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the original?

[quote name='52club']Just WOW at that price for Dirt. It is a really good racing game with MS achievements.[/QUOTE]

Sure it has achievements?

[quote name='Phrozenx']Oh is Dirt worth a buy if you love the original? is its online still going?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lito88']Isn't this the original?[/QUOTE]

I believe that Dirt is the sixth game in the series.

I liked dirt better than 2. 2 went too mainstream and arcadish IMO and the career was gimmicky. The rally stages in the first were insane. I hear 3 is going back to 1's rally biased format. In one it felt like you were trying not to die....

[quote name='Phasher99']Daily Deal - World of Goo 50% off![/QUOTE]

Great game, but there's been tons of better deals on it. I believe it was in one of those $5 indie packs over the holidays.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Great game, but there's been tons of better deals on it. I believe it was in one of those $5 indie packs over the holidays.[/QUOTE]
I think so too, yeah. Has also been part of a Humble Indie Bundle.

But it is a great game and very worth the $5 if you just can't wait for the next steam packs (whenever they may pop up).

World of Goo is good. Anyone who doesn't have it should get it. I remember getting it a few years ago for 1 cent from 2D Boy themselves.

[quote name='Jmclark']World of Goo is good. Anyone who doesn't have it should get it. I remember getting it a few years ago for 1 cent from 2D Boy themselves.[/QUOTE]

Big spender here folks!

Just BTW: it looks like Steam is out of Red Faction: Guerrilla keys. I'm trying to request one (actually had this sitting in my library, I was just inspired to try it today), and I'm getting 'failed to contact key server'.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']It isn't on the official list: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with that list. For one, it's not complete. Fallout GOTY edition last week on Gamestop for instance was registerable on Steam.

Also, the list is really focused on 'retail' games and doesn't support the games from third party vendors. For instance M&B from GG does not register on steam if I'm not mistaken, it's a different key.

[quote name='Pheace']Fallout GOTY edition last week on Gamestop for instance was registerable on Steam. [/QUOTE]

Whoah. Wait. What?

Was this only those specifically from last week, or are all copies of Fallout 3 able to be registered on Steam now? Doing a quick google doesn't mention anything to this effect, and I'd sure as hell love to register my copy on Steam! (Especially since it spontaneously decided to start needing the disc in drive to play again. -.- )

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Whoah. Wait. What?

Was this only those specifically from last week, or are all copies of Fallout 3 able to be registered on Steam now? Doing a quick google doesn't mention anything to this effect, and I'd sure as hell love to register my copy on Steam! (Especially since it spontaneously decided to start needing the disc in drive to play again. -.- )[/QUOTE]

THat's what was freaky about it. It's the first time ever hearing it was possible. But I did it myself, so it *did* work. No idea why but it did. I guess you can try but maybe it's the newer F3 GOTY or something, no clue.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Whoah. Wait. What?

Was this only those specifically from last week, or are all copies of Fallout 3 able to be registered on Steam now? Doing a quick google doesn't mention anything to this effect, and I'd sure as hell love to register my copy on Steam! (Especially since it spontaneously decided to start needing the disc in drive to play again. -.- )[/QUOTE]

I don't see it on the list of games you can register on Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back