Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Let the Muv-Luv code flipping begin!
I'm curious to see if all you console people who thought you were going to strike it rich selling the Steam keys from that expensive ass package actually get what y'all thought you were going to get.

Console people be like: Hey you can sell the Steam keys for $35 each yo.

PC CAGs be like for some titty visual novel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyixwqiCag

Then again there's idiots who pay Poopees and Indie Gala like $20 for Sandwiched Between my wife and her sister, and Mind Control fucking Mommy and Little Sis and Anal Knights with the Scheisse filter off and shit so who knows?

inb4 spoder goes it was game of the century in Japan yadda yadda

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious to see if all you console people who thought you were going to strike it rich selling the Steam keys from that expensive ass package actually get what y'all thought you were going to get.
Anybody who bought the Vita version with that mentality needs to be shot on the spot.

CnS1Z1jUsAUyrEC.jpg

Tried to visit Desura/Indie Royale to log in or reset my password... NOPE. Oh well. Man, they're really in shambles now...
Try Desura. Indieroyale wouldn't work for me (although I swore they used to be the same password) but was able to log into Desura just fine. The forgotten password feature on IR also refused to work for me.

Also, as some of you may have noticed from your feeds, the bros played Blood and Bacon and fun was had by all. Especially those experiencing Princess for the first time. Game tends to get repetitive after awhile and you unlock all the weapons by level 40 so it can be a grind after that. My group ended the night at level 80 (since we hit level 40 the other night). I'm sure we'll go back and grind it out til the end (it maxes at level 110). Definitely worth the .89 it cost, but I do recommend grinding it out in 20-40 level increments.

Blood & Bacon was the rare occasion where "Shitty", "Fun" and "Self-Aware" intersect.  The game is crap, it realizes that it's crap but it's fun anyway.  Although, like Fox said, it's not something you need more than a couple hours of at a time and playing it with other people really helps.  It's a lot like bowling, that way.

Uusually games that are shitty and self-aware are not at all fun (Into The Dark), fun and self-aware games aren't shit (Borderlands) and games that low-rent but still fun aren't self-aware (too lazy to think of an example; bunch of cheap indie stuff).

I'm bummed I couldn't make it to Blood & Bacon but as usual I enjoyed the Rocket League after party. Maybe my perception was off because I was high as hell but were our cars moving faster than normal last night?

And to whoever blocked my midfield bicycle hit shot on goal: I hate you.

Even on ignore I can't get away from the jejejes.

*Edited to add: I wonder if GOG has a thing about not allowing games with DLC that you can't buy from them like Steam does. I notice no ME on that list. I guess DA2 might not happen either.

*Edited to add: I wonder if GOG has a thing about not allowing games with DLC that you can't buy from them like Steam does. I notice no ME on that list. I guess DA2 might not happen either.
I wonder if that would be a GOG thing or more of a they know their audience and the rage it would cause if they had one of those games on there. Imagine the horror - ME is DRM free but I have to make an account at some place called bioware.com and give them my information to buy points to get DLC that is not DRM FREE!!!! I am never buying from GOG again.

I've stated before that I've been out of the PC loop for awhile. I just discovered the HRK bundles. $3 for a MYO bundle of 15 games. Is there a catch somewhere with this? Last time I was blown away by something like this was with G2A and it turned out I gave 4 children and 9 puppies cancer by buying a game from there. Is the catch that these are all games that have been bundled 20 times? I see quite a few I have, but quite a few I need as well.

I've stated before that I've been out of the PC loop for awhile. I just discovered the HRK bundles. $3 for a MYO bundle of 15 games. Is there a catch somewhere with this? Last time I was blown away by something like this was with G2A and it turned out I gave 4 children and 9 puppies cancer by buying a game from there. Is the catch that these are all games that have been bundled 20 times? I see quite a few I have, but quite a few I need as well.
HRK is associated/affiliated w/ G2A, just an FYI.

There's no catch except the source of the keys, which is a crapshoot.

AFAIK the only catch with HRK is the games have been bundled a ton or free at some point. No cancer will be spread.

They use g2a pay. MAKE DAMN SURE you don't sign up for G2A Shield. The service is fine otherwise. I had an issue once with a missing key and they got back to me within a day.

Don't quote me on it because some Indie dev will probably come out tomorrow and blog about how the HRK bundles caused a village in Bangladesh to starve to death, but I think as far as G2A crap goes the HRK bundles are pretty benign. I think they just buy up a bunch of bundles and save the sloppy seconds.

Then again they oddly get a few games before they've really been bundled so maybe they have some deal with devs or small time pubs for indies (Nikolai Cheater!) or something. I mean they had to get them from somewhere and the HRK stuff is not the ebay auction house but wild west without regulations thing, it's them actually doing it.

TL;DR - It might be shady but who the hell knows?

There's always the cess pool if you're worried.

*Edit: and yes what sssssssssssspppppppppp (that's Keanu's chat name; he likes to confuse people) said, friends don't let friends do G2A Shield.

Thanks. That's pretty neat. There's a lot of games here I've been curious about but not enough to drop 99 cents on them on the Steam store since they're likely 10 minute plays. Being able to get 15 of them for $3 is quite generous.

Pretty off topic but could anyone recommend a good, relatively cheap HDMI switcher? My TV has four HDMI ports but I want to simultaneously have my 360, PS3, PS4, PSTV, Wii U, cable, and PC hooked to it

I confess I kind of want to fakey it. Thinking about using that 10% off one time use Humble coupon and then stacking that with the monthly 10% discount but I want to see what September's early unlock game is going to be before I resub cuz I'm just not feelin dat Call of Doody trial.

I think it's more EA not being willing to put the work into creating a DRM free version of their flagship series. Bioware can't even get its shit together with its stupid Bioware points and removing them from all their earlier games on their own store, do you think they'll actually care about GOG?

Plus creating "Complete Editions" for GOG... would mean they'd have to do the same for other stores. notimefordat.jpg

I want to simultaneously have my 360, PS3, PS4, PSTV, Wii U, cable, and PC hooked to it
636585.gif

Edit: I would think since it's a digital signal you could pick up any cheapo HDMI switcher and not worry about the picture degrading

*Edit: and yes what sssssssssssspppppppppp (that's Keanu's chat name; he likes to confuse people) said, friends don't let friends do G2A Shield.
Out of curiosity and because I've never made a G2A purchase, what's the issue with G2A Shield? I thought that the idea was that you pay a little bit over the asking price and the G2A site guarantees that the key you're buying will activate properly?

Out of curiosity and because I've never made a G2A purchase, what's the issue with G2A Shield? I thought that the idea was that you pay a little bit over the asking price and the G2A site guarantees that the key you're buying will activate properly?
Thats exactly what it is. I've bought from G2A probably 8-10 times total over the last however many years. I've never used the Shield and have never had an issue with a key. Its just a ploy to get you to pay more. If you're buying expensive games on G2A you're making a mistake in the first place.

I take back what I said about the HRK bundles being awesome. I can't even find five games I want while looking through them all and reading reviews. Apparently these are the worst-of-the-worst except for Silent Age, Commandos 2 and QUBE, which I already have.

I just looked over the list for the HRK make a bundle. It is worse than I thought. You could literally buy coins from Tremor and do better.

I just looked over the list for the HRK make a bundle. It is worse than I thought. You could literally buy coins from Tremor and do better.
I counted 110 games to choose from, and yet there's only about four genres to choose from. That's a really, really bad sign. I know alot of indie PC games lack creativity and copy themselves over and over, but this is like welcoming a tourist to America by showing them a trailer park in Alabama.

The only games with mediocre or above reviews are minimalist puzzle games, which I can't even be bothered to redeem on Steam. I just can't. It takes muscle movement to Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V. Typing about them in this post right now is literally all I can donate to these games.

I counted 110 games to choose from, and yet there's only about four genres to choose from. That's a really, really bad sign. I know alot of indie PC games lack creativity and copy themselves over and over, but this is like welcoming a tourist to America by showing them a trailer park in Alabama.

The only games with mediocre or above reviews are minimalist puzzle games, which I can't even be bothered to redeem on Steam. I just can't. It takes muscle movement to Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V. Typing about them in this post right now is literally all I can donate to these games.
Everyone already told you that HRK bundles are scraping the bottom of the barrel, what did you expect?

I mean, how much can you really expect from games that are being sold for pennies on the dollar?

They use g2a pay. MAKE DAMN SURE you don't sign up for G2A Shield. The service is fine otherwise. I had an issue once with a missing key and they got back to me within a day.
Shield now adds some BS about not being able to cancel until within your last 2 days... it's bull crap... Makes me want to punch them. I can't for the life of me figure out how that's legal.

I'm venting about cheap things for fun. Chill.
I'm not the type of guy to say I can kick your ass, so I won't; but we should totally meet up in Seattle for a beer.

I'm a father, husband, and shitty bundle site curator accomplished business owner, I don't appreciate random internet peeps telling me my bundles are poopy to chill.

I'm not the type of guy to say I can kick your ass, so I won't; but we should totally meet up in Seattle for a beer.

I'm a father, husband, and shitty bundle site curator accomplished business owner, I don't appreciate random internet peeps telling me my bundles are poopy to chill.
I feel like there's an inside joke there I'm not getting. I made a joke about the bundle being some of the worst-of-the-worst all in one place and you made a smartass comment like I didn't have the right to, like you were offended, as if you made the games yourself. Whatever. Anyways, congrats on your important titles, I am a person of things as well and haven't had an internet argument since the AOL chatroom days and I plan to keep it that way. Especially over something this ridiculous.

wait, i hate to be grammar nazi, but did you mean CUE, as in "Enter in disappointment" or did you mean "There's disappointment concerning a file or line." Sorry, just confused.
Tomasety is confused too because this is another situation where english words are spelled completely different, but pronounced the same.

I feel like there's an inside joke there I'm not getting. I made a joke about the bundle being some of the worst-of-the-worst all in one place and you made a smartass comment like I didn't have the right to, like you were offended, as if you made the games yourself. Whatever. Anyways, congrats on your important titles, I am a person of things as well and haven't had an internet argument since the AOL chatroom days and I plan to keep it that way. Especially over something this ridiculous.
Is this your first day on the internet?

wait, i hate to be grammar nazi, but did you mean CUE, as in "Enter in disappointment" or did you mean "There's disappointment concerning a file or line." Sorry, just confused.
I donut english

I have high hopes for the game, but I have a feeling we will all be disappointed. (Cue) ;D

Weekend deal feels like the last hurrah before Transistor gets monthly'd in 3 weeks.
Yeah, I thought the same. Having another high discount this soon after the summer sale seems odd, and the monthly bundle goes live shortly after the refund period is over.

I've been holding out on Transistor for way too damn long, it's about time for it to get bundled.

Is this your first day on the internet?
I seem to be shitting troll-bait everywhere I go today. I could literally make a post on Facebook today about the sky being blue and have people ("friends") trying to start arguments and sexually insult my dead family members and still manage to slip #whateverlivesmatter in there somewhere. I'm rather high-strung, forgive me. It's a sign that I need to get off the computer today.

bread's done
Back