Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Do steam codes from funstockdigital.co.uk work in the US? Skyrim legendary for $16 seems somewhat reasonable. I missed it in the pst when places had it for

Do steam codes from funstockdigital.co.uk work in the US? Skyrim legendary for $16 seems somewhat reasonable. I missed it in the pst when places had it for <$10, and I'm wondering if it will go back to that price with the special edition coming out in a few months.
Yea, UK is ROW, you're fine with anything from them.

I have been watching Bastion and Transistor for a while now and I see they re both on sale this weekend - Bastion for 2.99 and Transistor for 3.99. Is that about as cheap as these two will get? What are the odds of either showing up in a bundle somewhere down the line?

Funstock is part time grey market fronting like they're not (we buy from authorised with an s sources!). That said it's highly unlikely they would sell stuff that's region locked to their target market Europe and there shouldn't be any EU or UK specific region lock on SkyRam.

I have been watching Bastion and Transistor for a while now and I see they re both on sale this weekend - Bastion for 2.99 and Transistor for 3.99. Is that about as cheap as these two will get? What are the odds of either showing up in a bundle somewhere down the line?
itsatrap.gif

I would say the odds are slightly lower than 100% that they will be bundled somewhere down the line. Bastion has already been bundled at least a few times. Wouldn't be surprised to see Transistor in the next monthly.

I would say the odds are slightly lower than 100% that they will be bundled somewhere down the line. Bastion has already been bundled at least a few times. Wouldn't be surprised to see Transistor in the next monthly.
Well, according to ITAD, Bastion was last bundled 2 years ago and 3 of those were Humble, 1 was some GetLoadedGo bundle.

I do agree Transistor seems primed for a Monthly and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bastion show up in a bundle again some day, but the dev doesn't seem as bundle happy as they once were.

Hey guys, I could use a bit of input.

So I'm returning my 1440p monitor. It's just too big for me, and my eyesight isn't the best, so just moving it further isn't really a solution.

I already sold my R9 290 in anticipation of 1440p and bought a GTX 1070. I can't return the 1070, but I can sell it for about a $30 loss.

So right now I can:

Sell the 1070 (lose $30), wait for a RX 480 or GTX 1060 for $200-250.

Trade the 1070 to a friend for $280 and a GTX 970 (I see it as paying $120 for a 970, since I would have lost $30 anyway).
Keep the 1070, which seems a bit overkill for 1080p, for the time being. I never turn AA on and I'm fine with turning some settings down.

I'm leaning towards trading the 1070 to my friend. I was totally fine with my 290 and the 970 is a tiny step up from that. The cost difference for a 480/1060 doesn't seem worth the performance increase.

Any thoughts?
go play metro last light on full setting, realize this game is a couple years old and still works a card good. Smile knowing you are set for a couple of years easy. dont overthink this. Money is spent, enjoy it.

Just keep the 1070?  No reason you can't play games at 1080p with a 1070 even though it might be a bit 'overkill.'  And, as mentioned, it'll last you a bit longer.  Rather that than simply take a loss on it.

Currently still using a 770 but will probably go with a 1060 once they hit reasonable prices six months after release ($250-300ish).  I have no plans to go beyond 1080p in the near future (if ever?) and the power of a 1060 with it's crazy amounts of VRAM (!!!!) are more than enough to run anything at 1080 at high settings for the next several years.

oh my god fucking hardware talk again?

I just want to get invited to a roller skating party.

rollerskating.gif

Perfect. I'll be at work on that day & at those times.

Enjoy your celebration of a MysterD-Less party.

Plus, my birthday ain't till October anyways.

the odd is great after you've made your sacrifice and bought both games.

Is being at work for your birthday party like accepting a multiplayer game from a bro and then never playing with them? Just wondering.

But seriously, why is downsampling even a thing? I'm going to buy a sports car and never go over 25MPH? Or worst yet, let's buy a sports car and put bicycle tires on it. That sounds like a great use of money. I'm pretty sure he said his eyesight wasn't that great so 1000 frames per second would probably be wasted there.
i think you mis-understand DSR and new NVIDIA tech.

Ppl use DSR to boost performance and avoid using AA which has a huge perfomance hit. In short, a 1440P (or some case 4K) DSR to 1080P will look better and run better than 1080P with 4-8x AA.

No. Downsampling is like another form of AA. A very effective/accurate one at that. Just need a high end card if you're planning to play newer titles instead of using FXAA crap. Many games from like 2013 and earlier, the GTX 970 can handle those pretty well at 2K-4K res, downsampled to 1080p.

i think you mis-understand DSR and new NVIDIA tech.

Ppl use DSR to boost performance and avoid using AA which has a huge perfomance hit. In short, a 1440P (or some case 4K) DSR to 1080P will look better and run better than 1080P with 4-8x AA.
I've read up on it and while both of you are technically right, i will argue otherwise.

Seriously though, saw a guide and some screenshots and it does seem downsampling gives some clearer images so GBK might want to try it out before making a decision. See if it is worth the extra money for him to keep it. Stupid name though.

That Transformers game is also $14.99

The bros played Enemy Front and it was a good time.  I mean it's a generic WWII shooter, but it has super awesome glare effects and brought Nvidia cards to their knees.  MP DLC is really good too.   Like they could charge more for it than the base game good.  11/10 would get sniped by a penguin again and bazooka'd by a parallacks and hide in a bush with a sniper suit on.  

I've read up on it and while both of you are technically right, i will argue otherwise.

Seriously though, saw a guide and some screenshots and it does seem downsampling gives some clearer images so GBK might want to try it out before making a decision. See if it is worth the extra money for him to keep it. Stupid name though.
AMD equivalent is VSR. :lol:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/VSR.aspx

Enemy Front was fun.  If it has a flaw, it's that it feels super generic but there's nothing wrong with it either.  It does track people by sound on the mini-map so if you're running around you're more noticeable than someone crouching.  That's the only somewhat distinct thing I can think of about it.

On the other hand, it plain works, the guns weren't bad, the mechanics seemed more or less fine and the maps weren't bad.  All told, it was more fun than Sniper Elite 3's multiplayer.  Worth the small handful of Gabenbux I spent on it.

Yep, even something like Project Cars GOTY (22.99 when signed in) Id consider a good deal too. Dunno if Ill bite on it, but 14.99 for Advanced Warfare is also good.
Keep in mind that most of the CoD titles are absolutely dead online, especially AW. It had serious issues at launch. I think most of the bugs have been ironed out but the community is gone. I think the same can be said with any CoD post-WaW besides BO2.

Kevin Spacey, though.

Also regarding GMG flash deals....if anybody was looking to buy dark souls 3's season pass, assumming the voucher works it should be about 17.50. No idea how often you'll find that on a decent sale, at least not for awhile so it might not be a bad pick up. I might get that now and hope the main game gets a good discount in the winter sale

Keep in mind that most of the CoD titles are absolutely dead online, especially AW. It had serious issues at launch. I think most of the bugs have been ironed out but the community is gone. I think the same can be said with any CoD post-WaW besides BO2.
Any of them have solid campaigns like WaW or CoD: Modern Warfare or is it all just by the number mailed in affairs?

bread's done
Back