Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I seem to be shitting troll-bait everywhere I go today. I could literally make a post on Facebook today about the sky being blue and have people ("friends") trying to start arguments and sexually insult my dead family members and manage to slip #whateverlivesmatter in there somewhere. I'm rather high-strung, forgive me. It's a sign that I need to get off the computer today.
Do you remember when Jesus went to mount Olive?

I'm not the type of guy to say I can kick your ass, so I won't; but we should totally meet up in Seattle for a beer.

I'm a father, husband, and shitty bundle site curator accomplished business owner, I don't appreciate random internet peeps telling me my bundles are poopy to chill.
Oh boy, I'm loving this ZeniiCrappuccino drama.
4reals

e3pD83u.png

Zenii are you a lawyer and CEO too? I really think you should start your own bundle site. And by start your own bundle site I mean get everyone else to do all your work for you and then create a chat where you can surround yourself with people who think you and your site that you get other people to run for you are great and explode and gender change and Nancyfy anyone to hell who disagrees.

I seem to be shitting troll-bait everywhere I go today. I could literally make a post on Facebook today about the sky being blue and have people ("friends") trying to start arguments and sexually insult my dead family members and still manage to slip #whateverlivesmatter in there somewhere. I'm rather high-strung, forgive me. It's a sign that I need to get off the computer today.
I almost felt bad for you, thinking after the first sentence that maybe you caught a rough break.
Then I read your second sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDe4lD9u0mw

Why're you all arguing with Luriden's brother?

Shield now adds some BS about not being able to cancel until within your last 2 days... it's bull crap... Makes me want to punch them. I can't for the life of me figure out how that's legal.
go on paypal and disable subscriptions or whatever it's called. Easy peasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supergiant Games are some sneaky bastards, with the way they've included soundtracks in their Collection, which makes it quite expensive if you're interested in Transistor. 

Crap, I guess I need to play my copy I bought in the 2014 winter sale before this happens!
According to ITAD you paid $6.79 in late December 2014. Assuming a $2 value for Transistor in the monthly bundle, your approximate annualized return rate will be -53.24%.

A Lethal League drop would be quite appreciated.

What GOG should release is a Mass Effect 2 Complete Collection with all that DLC that is too expensive to buy on its own, with Bioware points. The pricing of GOG is usually too high, as regional pricing on Steam means stuff is cheaper there for me than on GOG. And some games available on both platforms, such as CD Projekt's jewel; The Witcher 3, are DRM free on Steam as well. 

What GOG should release is a Mass Effect 2 Complete Collection with all that DLC that is too expensive to buy on its own, with Bioware points. The pricing of GOG is usually too high, as regional pricing on Steam means stuff is cheaper there for me than on GOG. And some games available on both platforms, such as CD Projekt's jewel; The Witcher 3, are DRM free on Steam as well.
id buy a complete me2/me3 even if they only sold it through origin, seriously how is it that a game that old doesnt have a complete collection in the first place let alone the fact that its dlc is exclusively available through an outdated points system?

wrong

what we need on GOG are GOOD OLD GAMES not newer games without DRM....they may as well change the name of their site to piratebaybutyoupay.com
you can pirate almost any game including old ones (and how are we even defining "old", da:eek: was released 7 years ago). i doubt allowing newer games on gog is taking away from them finding old ones. and its nice to have a drm free site large enough to get good deals from publishers.

I could certainly go for Mass Effect 2: Complete to hit GOG and Steam at some point.

Really, though - who the hell wants to deal with buying BioWare Points?

No thanks!

id buy a complete me2/me3 even if they only sold it through origin, seriously how is it that a game that old doesnt have a complete collection in the first place let alone the fact that its dlc is exclusively available through an outdated points system?

you can pirate almost any game including old ones (and how are we even defining "old", da:eek: was released 7 years ago). i doubt allowing newer games on gog is taking away from them finding old ones. and its nice to have a drm free site large enough to get good deals from publishers.
blah blah blah "what is old" blah blah

you know what i meant

get the abandonware games that arent supported or available anywhere else and get them running and for sale....it takes work and they used to do it

now they are just lazy poles

what we need on GOG are GOOD OLD GAMES not newer games without DRM...
They changed to "GOG" specifically because they were no longer focusing on older games. I guess there's more money in new DRM-free stuff than in selling old copies of Starflight and Police Quest II.

GOG needs kickstarters.  Figure out how much it would cost to bring X game from the 90s to the site.  Set up a kickstarter.  When the necessary amount is raised through preorders, make it happen.  

Hey guys, I could use a bit of input.

So I'm returning my 1440p monitor. It's just too big for me, and my eyesight isn't the best, so just moving it further isn't really a solution.

I already sold my R9 290 in anticipation of 1440p and bought a GTX 1070. I can't return the 1070, but I can sell it for about a $30 loss.

So right now I can:

Sell the 1070 (lose $30), wait for a RX 480 or GTX 1060 for $200-250.

Trade the 1070 to a friend for $280 and a GTX 970 (I see it as paying $120 for a 970, since I would have lost $30 anyway).
Keep the 1070, which seems a bit overkill for 1080p, for the time being. I never turn AA on and I'm fine with turning some settings down.

I'm leaning towards trading the 1070 to my friend. I was totally fine with my 290 and the 970 is a tiny step up from that. The cost difference for a 480/1060 doesn't seem worth the performance increase.

Any thoughts?

So I'm returning my 1440p monitor. It's just too big for me, and my eyesight isn't the best, so just moving it further isn't really a solution.

I already sold my R9 290 in anticipation of 1440p and bought a GTX 1070. I can't return the 1070, but I can sell it for about a $30 loss.

So right now I can:

Trade the 1070 to a friend for $280 and a GTX 970 (I see it as paying $120 for a 970, since I would have lost $30 anyway).
Keep the 1070, which seems a bit overkill for 1080p, for the time being. I never turn AA on and I'm fine with turning some settings down.

I'm leaning towards trading the 1070 to my friend. I was totally fine with my 290 and the 970 is a tiny step up from that. The cost difference for a 480/1060 doesn't seem worth the performance increase.

Any thoughts?
I'd probably go with the friend scenario. Great price for the 970 and less hassle than selling it to some stranger. What size monitor you using?

I would keep the 1070 and justify it by saying that it'll future proof my system when, in reality, it's because keeping the 1070 is the least amount of work.

I'd probably go with the friend scenario. Great price for the 970 and less hassle than selling it to some stranger. What size monitor you using?
Yeah it seems like the best option, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something about the potential power of the 480/1060. Hard to judge without more benchmarks. I'm on a 23" monitor now.

So right now I can:

Any thoughts?
keep the 1070 and downsample to 1440 and beyond on a 1080 monitor/tv :p You have the best graphics card right now, just keep it and put every game to max settings and enjoy it bro or get a smaller 1440 monitor.

GOG needs kickstarters. Figure out how much it would cost to bring X game from the 90s to the site. Set up a kickstarter. When the necessary amount is raised through preorders, make it happen.
I kind of think the issue with so many of those games is not the technical problems, but rather all the nasty legal snarls and entanglements that just aren't worth the headaches.

I kind of think the issue with so many of those games is not the technical problems, but rather all the nasty legal snarls and entanglements that just aren't worth the headaches.
Yeah, but if they had a pre-determined amount of money that would make it worth it to them, that's where the kickstarter would come in.

Why not just keep the 1070 and play games at 1080p, for super high framerates. If you got the 1070 at a good price, going to a 970 would be really hustling backwards. 

I don't know what old-ass games aren't on GOG that I would potentially buy if they were on GOG.  Maybe the old AD&D Gold Box stuff like Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc.

I don't know what old-ass games aren't on GOG that I would potentially buy if they were on GOG. Maybe the old AD&D Gold Box stuff like Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc.
Perhaps something like The Simpsons Hit and Run, and the Tony Hawk games.

So right now I can:

Any thoughts?
y u wanna do dis?

y give up a Titan-killing 1070 loaded wit 8GB of VRAM for a 970 with 4GB 3.5 GB VRAM?

No, no, no!

Why not just keep the 1070 and play games at 1080p, for super high framerates. If you got the 1070 at a good price, going to a 970 would be really hustling backwards.
Agreed.

One could just enjoy the 1070 at 1080p the super-high framerates + insane performance with (likely) no framerate drops.

If one already invested in a 1070: one could also just use GeDaSaTo for Downsampling and/or NVidia DSR for 1440p-to-1080p. It's going to at least look a bit better than 1080p from the Downsample/DSR from 1440p-to-1080p conversion.

And yeah, that 8GB of VRAM buffer is too good to throw away + trade for a "4GB" 970.

Agreed.

One could just enjoy at 1080p the super-high framerates + insane performance with (likely) no framerate drops.

If one already invested in a 1070: one could also just use GeDaSaTo for Downsampling and/or NVidia DSR for 1440p-to-1080p. It's going to at least look a bit better than 1080p from the Downsample/DSR from 1440p-to-1080p conversion.

And yeah, that 8GB of VRAM buffer is too good to throw away + trade for a "4GB" 970.
Don't listen to MysterD. He'll tell you to buy a 1060 and then a 1070 years later and keep both.

But seriously, why is downsampling even a thing? I'm going to buy a sports car and never go over 25MPH? Or worst yet, let's buy a sports car and put bicycle tires on it. That sounds like a great use of money. I'm pretty sure he said his eyesight wasn't that great so 1000 frames per second would probably be wasted there.

But seriously, why is downsampling even a thing? I'm going to buy a sports car and never go over 25MPH? Or worst yet, let's buy a sports car and put bicycle tires on it. That sounds like a great use of money. I'm pretty sure he said his eyesight wasn't that great so 1000 frames per second would probably be wasted there.
No. Downsampling is like another form of AA. A very effective/accurate one at that. Just need a high end card if you're planning to play newer titles instead of using FXAA crap. Many games from like 2013 and earlier, the GTX 970 can handle those pretty well at 2K-4K res, downsampled to 1080p.

Don't listen to MysterD. He'll tell you to buy a 1060 and then a 1070 years later and keep both.

I can't do 60FPS with Ultra maxed-out everything at 1080p on my 970 on Witcher 3. W3 is just too damn demanding.

Sure, it's constantly in the 50-60FPS ballpark at 1080p consistently on my 970, which is fine and all - but that 1070 he already owns probably could ensure 60FPS at 1080p, I'd guess.

EDIT:

Also, I don't think my 4GB 960 would be worth a heck of a lot to anyone anymore - especially given that 1070 & 1080 exist. Might as well just keep that 4GB 960, for now.

EDIT 2:

No. Downsampling is like another form of AA. A very effective/accurate one at that. Just need a high end card if you're planning to play newer titles instead of using FXAA crap. Many games from like 2013 and earlier, the GTX 970 can handle those pretty well at 2K-4K res, downsampled to 1080p.
Exactly.

bread's done
Back