Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm going to derail this thread faster then anyone has done before and first.

Politics, when are we going to get a video game base on the current situation?
CDISIPX.jpg

If you like Dark Souls, you'll love Nioh. Seriously, it's awesome. Give it a try. It's like if Soulsborne and Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden had a baby. Everything about it is so satisfying from the combat, the difficulty, to the level design, and reforging the best possible Katanas in NG+. Zelda is great, but Nioh is by far my favorite GOTY.
before dark souls :
_ヽ
  \\
   \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ⌒ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
(_/

after dark souls :

/フフ         ム`ヽ
/ ノ) Praise The Sun ) ヽ
/ |  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ⌒(ゝ._,ノ
/ ノ⌒7⌒ヽーく  \ /
丶_ ノ 。   ノ、 。|/
   `ヽ `ー-'_人`ーノ
    丶  ̄ _人'彡ノ..

Bronight summary:

Tonight we played Ultimate Chicken Horse. Great party game where you and your friends build a path to the goal with platforms and traps while trying to fuck each other over and try not to get fucked by your own traps. Lots of variety and the way the levels and traps are set up it makes it feel new every time you replay a level. Really polished game and I think the only issue we had was with hosting at the beginning, some of us had trouble joining each others games until Bah hosted and then we had no issues.

Anyway, the game is still in the currently running Humble Hooked on Multiplayer bundle, so if you want a great party game and have some friends to play it with I highly suggest grabbing the bundle while it's live. You can probably sell off Helldivers for $5ish if you want a cheap BTA tier. Ultimate Chicken Horse is one of the most fun bundled MP games we've played yet.

Oh, and I scheduled it again for this Saturday if anyone missed out on the first event and wants to join

Last edited by a moderator:
what is your steam librarys total metacritic score ?
I would say after all the bundles, free giveaways, and random shitty gifts I have received my library probably has a metacritic average of five.

I'm sure all you over 3,000 users are about the same.

Gearbox demand G2A change their ways or they will call off Bulletstorm business deal

* The first demand is that G2A Shield is made free within 30 days
* The second request is that G2A open up a web service or API for certified developers and publishers to search and remove fraudulent keys. This free service must be launched within 90 days.
* Within 30 days, G2A restructures its payment system so that customers who wish to buy and sell legitimate keys are given a clear, simple fee- structure that is easy to understand and contains no hidden or obfuscated charges.
lol. Good luck Randy P.

I don't think this card will be supplanted for "a while".  Nvidia supposedly rushed it out to beat the next big AMD thing so they could retain bragging rights to having the biggest and bestest (if not necessarily most cost efficient) GPU.

Gearbox has been a shitty company ever since they invented the (not the entire) Season pass.

They knew damn well how shady G2A is/was, and probably didn't expect any backlash to grow as large and public as it has.

Now they've spun the narrative in their favor. If G2A changes its ways, Gearbox paved the road. If G2A refuses to budge, Gearbox cuts ties with a shady reseller. Either way, they're the good guys.
I agree with Waggles. It's worth reading the article, but there's about as much chance that Gearbox didn't know G2A is shady as all get-out as that Putin didn't know that Assad still has a few canisters of sarin gas hanging around. Or Putin and Gearbox are both dumber than a teaspoon of dirt. If you're a person or company concerned to any extent about your reputation, you wouldn't do business with known grey-market operators. I'm not personally going to get on a soapbox and cry to heaven about the evil of G2A, because I've bought a few keys from them, but I'm not a AAA game developer and publisher.

HNqVTAV.png

That's 700 steam games in ~3.5 months. (and 2 origin games, Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda)

Edit: actually Command & Conquer Ultimate, Battlefield 4, Titanfall 1 for origin too. but forgot already...

Steam: 4700 "games"

GoG: 119 games

Origin:  72 purchased games

uPlay:  51 games

Desura: RIP

Ubisoft just released a new reward via their club for GR: Wildlands... A handful of extra missions.

You need to have done one of the following:

Bought the season pass

Bought the Gold Edition

Played it before the end of March

Played the Closed Beta

Played the Open Beta

It seems you need to add it via the rewards page.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/ghost-recon-wildlands/PC/rewards
looks like they also added some cross-rewards. There is a GRWL gun skin for r6 siege for free, and an outfit in wd2 but you have to pay for that (with ubi monies), not sure if that one was always there or not

HNqVTAV.png

That's 700 steam games in ~3.5 months. (and 2 origin games, Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda)

Edit: actually Command & Conquer Ultimate, Battlefield 4, Titanfall 1 for origin too. but forgot already...

Steam: 4700 "games"

GoG: 119 games

Origin: 72 purchased games

uPlay: 51 games

Desura: RIP
Your forgot about itch.io Soon itchiodb!!!

Humbles April - 

The Witness

Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition

Black Mesa

Kingdom: New Lands - Royal edition

Event(0)

Tumblestone

Slime San

next month = Dirt Rally

I guess it doesn't matter since the bundle doesn't discount for products owned anyway but I notice that it doesn't count owning Deponia: The Complete Journey as owning 1, 2 & 3 individually.
Are the extras in the complete worth me passing on the $16 for the daedalic bundle.

Seeing as Winstore has the complete collection for $10

Started playing the original SNES Shin Megami Tensei the other day and I'm hooked. Funny how Undertale was blown up to be such a new concept when SMT did the whole communication/pacifist thing in combat decades earlier.
The new concept in Undertale was more that it mattered to the plot. In SMT, it doesn't really matter if you kill some demon, the plot goes on with maybe a minor alignment bump. In Undertale, if you kill someone, that person is dead forever and other characters will notice.

Are the extras in the complete worth me passing on the $16 for the daedalic bundle.

Seeing as Winstore has the complete collection for $10
Are you interested in just trying the games to see if you'd like them? For the difference of $6, I'd probably got for the Daedalic bundle because you get more games and they are supposed to be quality games.

That said, if you want to try them out to see if you'd like them, you can get Deponia for $1 here:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/dollar-dash-4

Might be worth it so you don't make the $10 or $16 commitment and end up not liking them.

Are you interested in just trying the games to see if you'd like them? For the difference of $6, I'd probably got for the Daedalic bundle because you get more games and they are supposed to be quality games.

That said, if you want to try them out to see if you'd like them, you can get Deponia for $1 here:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/dollar-dash-4

Might be worth it so you don't make the $10 or $16 commitment and end up not liking them.
I'd highly recommend trying it. I thought for sure I'd love that game and just couldn't get into it. The main character.... takes some getting used to.

I call bullshit and fake outrage on this whole Gearbox/G2A thing.  Where was TotalBiscuit or all these people to boycott Superhot or Codemasters or whatever devs or pubs involved in the last two G2A bundles?  I didn't see any of that and these are some of the so-called indie devs most hurt by G2A that TB said he was trying to protect.  

I think it's obvious all this ill will towards Gearbox about Aliens and BL or whatever else the nerds don't like about them is the real reason behind this and so the nerds decided to pile it on them when they aren't the first, only, or last dev to work with G2A.  

I didn't buy Superhot from that bullshit site.  How about you?

Sorry but the whole "I don't have morals over this issue therefore nobody else does either" doesn't fly.

I call bullshit and fake outrage on this whole Gearbox/G2A thing. Where was TotalBiscuit or all these people to boycott Superhot or Codemasters or whatever devs or pubs involved in the last two G2A bundles? I didn't see any of that and these are some of the so-called indie devs most hurt by G2A that TB said he was trying to protect.

I think it's obvious all this ill will towards Gearbox about Aliens and BL or whatever else the nerds don't like about them is the real reason behind this and so the nerds decided to pile it on them when they aren't the first, only, or last dev to work with G2A.
I think you're missing the point--non-British-YouTube-"star" people aren't getting fake-newsy about G2A; people are calling out Gearbox for what is either wanton ignorance or outright stupidity. The fact is that anyone who pays any attention to, say, the internet, which one would expect a company that has been in business as long as Gearbox has would do, knows that G2A is not really an above-board operation. I and several other posters here aren't criticizing Gearbox for doing business with G2A--we're criticizing Gearbox for pretending they didn't know better. As I said earlier, I've bought some sketchy keys (and taken my chances on their validity, as one does with a shady key store), but for Gearbox to act shocked and amazed by the idea that G2A isn't on the level reeks of corporate BS.

I bought Superhot from the bullshit site.  Then I got charged twice for the second bullshit bundle and have spent the last week sending emails to their bullshit canned instant-reply support.  Guess I should have paid for the bullshit insurance.

In this case, Superhot is a small team screwing over their game because of bad decisions, and Codemasters is... Codemasters.

Gearbox is big and carries greater pull - their activities and relationships matter.

Both are shitty companies, and I don't care either way. I'll still buy a deal from g2a if they ever have one, and I'll still probably buy borderlands 3.

I think you're missing the point--non-British-YouTube-"star" people aren't getting fake-newsy about G2A; people are calling out Gearbox for what is either wanton ignorance or outright stupidity. The fact is that anyone who pays any attention to, say, the internet, which one would expect a company that has been in business as long as Gearbox has would do, knows that G2A is not really an above-board operation. I and several other posters here aren't criticizing Gearbox for doing business with G2A--we're criticizing Gearbox for pretending they didn't know better. As I said earlier, I've bought some sketchy keys (and taken my chances on their validity, as one does with a shady key store), but for Gearbox to act shocked and amazed by the idea that G2A isn't on the level reeks of corporate BS.
I actually don't think I'm missing the point and posts like these prove it to me. Why so much animosity towards them?

Because if it was just ignorance, either "genuine" or "purposeful," and they've taken this opportunity to listen to someone (TB and his biscuitbitches), learn from the experience, try to exact some meaningful change and something positive out of it, and ultimately pulled out of the relationship, then why not celebrate what to me seems like a very positive outcome? Big company actually listens to its fans, and as popular as TB is, he's far from someone on the level of PewDiePie, tries to do some positive, and follows through.

Both you and the article posted seem so skeptical of Gearbox's true intentions and even go as far as accusing them of lying about not knowing about G2A. I mean, if Gearbox is a big company busy making games, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they aren't going around keeping track of every digital video game marketplace, watching every youtube gamer video, and reading every random blog post on Kotaku so that they get approached a company, do a cursory search on them, see that they seem legit (and honestly, if you just do casual research on G2A they come across as very legit) and decide to do business with them.

Like I said, all this reeks of underlying animosity towards Gearbox for whatever reasons (oh, they're a big company or whatever) and not really fair or genuine.

I actually don't think I'm missing the point and posts like these prove it to me. Why so much animosity towards them?

Because if it was just ignorance, either "genuine" or "purposeful," and they've taken this opportunity to listen to someone (TB and his biscuitbitches), learn from the experience, try to exact some meaningful change and something positive out of it, and ultimately pulled out of the relationship, then why not celebrate what to me seems like a very positive outcome? Big company actually listens to its fans, and as popular as TB is, he's far from someone on the level of PewDiePie, tries to do some positive, and follows through.

Both you and the article posted seem so skeptical of Gearbox's true intentions and even go as far as accusing them of lying about not knowing about G2A. I mean, if Gearbox is a big company busy making games, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they aren't going around keeping track of every digital video game marketplace, watching every youtube gamer video, and reading every random blog post on Kotaku so that they get approached a company, do a cursory search on them, see that they seem legit (and honestly, if you just do casual research on G2A they come across as very legit) and decide to do business with them.

Like I said, all this reeks of underlying animosity towards Gearbox for whatever reasons (oh, they're a big company or whatever) and not really fair or genuine.
Yes, I think they're lying or REALLY dumb; I don't buy into the idea that G2A looks legit, unless as CAGs we're just geniuses at sniffing out grey- or darker-market operations. I could give a crap less about who does business with G2A at the end of the day, though. I just think this holier-than-thou act Gearbox is putting on is disingenuous. If you think I personally have an ax to grind against Gearbox, you're wrong. I've never played Aliens:CM, and I'm honestly not wild about Borderlands, but I'm not going to badmouth a company because I don't like its products. I'm capable of making a distinction between the two. It could literally have been anybody putting this out there--Microsoft, Sony, Bioware, Acti-Blizzard, Firaxis, whoever--and I'd have the same reaction.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I also think you're misreading the TB post. He's not skeptical about Gearbox's intentions; he's skeptical that it will do any good at the end of the day because he doubts that G2A will actually abide by these stipulations. I'm skeptical of Gearbox's intentions.

I bought Superhot from the bullshit site. Then I got charged twice for the second bullshit bundle and have spent the last week sending emails to their bullshit canned instant-reply support. Guess I should have paid for the bullshit insurance.
I had the same thing happen but they refunded it on their own and sent me an apology email.

Yes, I think they're lying or REALLY dumb; I don't buy into the idea that G2A looks legit, unless as CAGs we're just geniuses at sniffing out grey- or darker-market operations. I could give a crap less about who does business with G2A at the end of the day, though. I just think this holier-than-thou act Gearbox is putting on is disingenuous. If you think I personally have an ax to grind against Gearbox, you're wrong. I've never played Aliens:CM, and I'm honestly not wild about Borderlands, but I'm not going to badmouth a company because I don't like its products. I'm capable of making a distinction between the two. It could literally have been anybody putting this out there--Microsoft, Sony, Bioware, Acti-Blizzard, Firaxis, whoever--and I'd have the same reaction.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I also think you're misreading the TB post. He's not skeptical about Gearbox's intentions; he's skeptical that it will do any good at the end of the day because he doubts that G2A will actually abide by these stipulations. I'm skeptical of Gearbox's intentions.
I'm not talking about TB's post, I mean the article from Waypoint posted above.

I don't think knowing G2A is not legit is as simple as you make it seem. Judging by the number of times the question is asked here, on reddit, and on SD, I think most casual people don't know the difference between a GMG, GG, Steam, Gamesbillet, Nuuvem, G2A, Humble Galastore, Bundlestarsstore, Wingamestore, etc.

Maybe we should judge Gearbox by a higher standard for being in the industry, but I tend to think devs are so focused on their jobs of making games that they aren't necessarily in the know about every e-retailer that pops up and how legit they may or may not be.

I didn't buy Superhot from that bullshit site. How about you?

Sorry but the whole "I don't have morals over this issue therefore nobody else does either" doesn't fly.
I'm sorry but Pedro is a hot latino. His sense of humor is a bit different. I'm sure he was kidding.

Somebody mentioned G2A and Codemasters... well Codemasters didn't take part in it.

If Codemasters did anything I guess it was behind desks, trying to see if they could do anything against G2A. Because honestly, G2A is untouchable and everybody knows it.

They live in a legal limbo.

I don't have any hate towards Gearbox.  They've made a couple great games that I enjoyed immensely.  Beyond that, I have no idea about any of the internet gossip or Randy Pitchford trending topics so I have no clue what that's about, nor do I care.  It's just that Gearbox made themselves look really dumb in this particular instance.  So they are the laughing stock for a day or two. 

Yay, I was able to get Brigador!

Can't wait for the "Coming Soon" games to be a game that I actually want to play "NOW" (LOL, I couldn't even think of an example, whats the newest HoG?) but it'll sell out before I build up enough coins again.

I'll forgive Gearbox once they release Borderlands 3.

:twoguns: :whee:
And it doesn't suck.

bread's done
Back