Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Uh. Yes.

But all sentences will end in "Eh" and you can only recover health by eating poutine.
Take off, hoser.

Remarkable_DaveThomas2.jpg

Hold off. Every single FF game has been cheaper than the 50% off they've got right now, and there's no way you're going to play them all before another sale rolls around. If you're going to play one immediately, go for it, but don't backlog them at a price that's already been beaten at least once.
That makes sense. Thanks.

What can I say, half a year of peasantry has ...something something my brain.

Seriously, I tried to swap out hard drives in my PS3 this week. Took 4 hours and two trips to Best Buy before I got it right. :oldman:
Zounds. I did that for the first time in three-odd years of owning a 120 Gb that was perpetually down to about 10% of its capacity in December. I think it took me about 20 minutes, if you exclude the hours it took to do a system restore from the old drive.

More Steam code drops. Enjoy! Please say thanks if you take some.

Chaos Ride

6HY4D-HIR7G-X6AV4

Cinders

53ZGC-BI0K5-D4PZR

UFO: Aftermath

50INR-H5Q7C-305IN

Biglands

NFW8D-HWBCF-HC0C3

Knightshift

I8FFK-ZIFJR-RV5K0

Crash Time 2

FGAWW-6IX7I-E7PNN

Space Hack

F9XZX-H6QFZ-DHQGH

Evilquest

22IYG-Y05MJ-WXDVB

More Steam code drops. Enjoy! Please say thanks if you take some.

Chaos Ride

6HY4D-HIR7G-X6AV4

Cinders

53ZGC-BI0K5-D4PZR

UFO: Aftermath

50INR-H5Q7C-305IN

Biglands

NFW8D-HWBCF-HC0C3

Knightshift

I8FFK-ZIFJR-RV5K0

Crash Time 2

FGAWW-6IX7I-E7PNN

Space Hack

F9XZX-H6QFZ-DHQGH

Evilquest

22IYG-Y05MJ-WXDVB
Thanks. I took all but Crash Time 2 & Chaos Ride. thanks to my great ninja skills. Also, Yes I will eventually try out and play all these games. I just happened to be at my computer at had CAG up at the right time.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Bloop, which finally got released on Steam late last month (after being on Greenlight for a while), already has a sequel out on the Steam store, Bloop Reloaded.

While I appreciate that the dev didn't just go straight to Bloop Reloaded and tell people to fuck off (a la Depth Hunter 2), it kinda seems like the dev just used the original Bloop as a beta test/way to get his foot in the door on Steam so he could sell his REAL game.

So basically, if you didn't get a Steam key for Bloop from a bundle, don't buy it on Steam.

Here's some drama: 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/315060/discussions/0/612823460253397600/

Free game on Indie Gala (below Darksiders bundle):

Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare (no cards)
I'll save you the trouble of ever playing it.

M is for Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare
When I played this, I originally thought it must have been a port of an old Playstation game, circa 1998. Which would have helped explain its blocky, low-polygon models and weird texture wraps. As it turns out, this was actually a budget PC game released in 2004 that no one put a lot of effort into making playable, much less good.

MS2:JW is a first person shooter/stealth game that has you tracking and killing terrorists who kidnapped the president of Burundi. You are armed with a clumsy sniper rifle, a questionable pistol and a completely useless knife. You know how all modern FPS's make their knives deadly to the point where it's practically a joke? In MS2:JW your knife is less effective against terrorists than licking them. The rifle uses a terrible control scheme where you have to bring up and zoom your scope all via the scroll wheel rather than pressing RMB to aim (to lower your scope, you have to scroll out past the minimum magnification). On the other hand RMB has the all important function of screwing a silencer onto your pistol. You can remap controls but you can't remap RMB to both bringing up your scope AND putting it back down since these are two separate functions and can't be mapped to the same key. Speaking of, every time I pressed [Space] to jump, it took a screenshot as well. I couldn't get the game to NOT do this.

The rest of the game is equally a mess. Vegetation is impermeable. You can't walk through it, you can't shoot through it. You'll aim up a shot and have your bullet be stopped by a leaf a foot in front of you or an errant stick clipping slightly in front of your target. Enemy AI is abysmal. You have a Chatty Cathy spotter buddy who is about as effective with a gun as my cat is. This is not a good game. It was not a good game in 2004 and it is not a good game in 2015. It looks like garbage and plays like garbage.

[...]

Most Surprisingly Poor Game: Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare
First person shooters to come out during 2004 included Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Far Cry and Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Also, Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare, a game that looked at least eight years old on the day it was released. I wasn't expecting a fully modern experience here but I was expecting semi-competent AI, half decent weapons or a quasi-realistic environment. MS2:JW was astounding in just how poor it was in comparison to the year it was released. The problem with this game wasn't that it was released in 2004, it's that it should have been released in 1996 and frankly it wouldn't have been great then.

I really don't understand why they switched to limited smaller batches of the same keys. It's super inconvenient, and I'm never around when they're available.

Also: ANOTHER Assassin's Creed game?!?! Goddammit, Ubisoft, you are the Duggar family of videogames.
There seems to be still codes left for December & January thought. (Fenix Rage & Nidhogg)

Yeah, I managed to get both about a week ago.

In non-important news to anyone besides Foxhack, Inquisitor finally has an upgrade available to the digital deluxe edition.

1 game down, a million others that need this sort of upgrade available to go.
I don't see how this is non-important news. I think this is important.

More games should go down this road, IMHO - such as Thief 2014.

EDIT:

If they don't want to sell the Upgrade, they could at least sell the extra goodies as DLC's or something...

I don't see how this is non-important news. I think this is important.

More games should go down this road, IMHO - such as Thief 2014.

EDIT:

If they don't want to sell the Upgrade, they could at least sell the extra goodies as DLC's or something...
As we all know Square Enix hates money.

There seems to be still codes left for December & January thought. (Fenix Rage & Nidhogg)
Ah, hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for the heads up.

In non-important news to anyone besides Foxhack, Inquisitor finally has an upgrade available to the digital deluxe edition.

Hey, I backlogged Inquisitor. It kinda/sorta/only-a-little matters to me

So Bloop, which finally got released on Steam late last month (after being on Greenlight for a while), already has a sequel out on the Steam store, Bloop Reloaded.

While I appreciate that the dev didn't just go straight to Bloop Reloaded and tell people to fuck off (a la Depth Hunter 2), it kinda seems like the dev just used the original Bloop as a beta test/way to get his foot in the door on Steam so he could sell his REAL game.
I really can't see a problem here. The original game was on greenlight for well over a year. That's a long time to expect a developer to not work on anything new.

I really can't see a problem here. The original game was on greenlight for well over a year. That's a long time to expect a developer to not work on anything new.
Although KISS's claim that it's difficult to do coupons (reply #14) seems rather dubious to me.

Too late. I asked Steam support to remove the game from my account... I'll grab it at GOG instead.

There -are- a lot of games that need these upgrade options, but either the devs want more sales, they're too stupid to figure out how to do it, or they hate money.

Too late. I asked Steam support to remove the game from my account... I'll grab it at GOG instead.

There -are- a lot of games that need these upgrade options, but either the devs want more sales, they're too stupid to figure out how to do it, or they hate money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdT2Wbr5Ons

Hell, I wouldn't get Inquisitor removed from Steam. That's just me, though.

Anyways - If you did grab Inquisitor on GOG or plan to at some point (i.e. if you're gonna buy it there, buy it when it's on sale there)...

...show proof you own it there (take screens of it in your GOG account), contact Cinemax and attach your proof to them in an e-mail - and they'll give you a Steam key for Inquisitor Deluxe.

That's how I did it, quite a bit ago. :D

See here for more info from Cinemax themselves:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241620/discussions/0/864975632254429110/#c864975632258701753

I wouldn't get Inquisitor removed from Steam.

Anyways - If you did grab Inquisitor on GOG (i.e. buy it on sale there), show proof you own it there (take screens of it in your GOG account), contact Cinemax and show your proof to them - and they'll give you a Steam key for Inquisitor Deluxe.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241620/discussions/0/864975632254429110/#c864975632258701753
Sssshhh. Let him have his No Digital Deluxe Upgrade So I Will Take My Business To GOG And Remove This Dirty NON DELUXE Version From My Steam Account To Spite You Righteous Indignation.

Because at the time the developer / publisher didn't seem to have any intentions of letting us upgrade the game. I got sick of waiting and just asked Steam to remove it. It doesn't have any achievements anyway, so I don't mind getting it at GOG.

Hell, I wouldn't get Inquisitor removed from Steam. That's just me, though.

Anyways - If you did grab Inquisitor on GOG or plan to at some point (i.e. if you're gonna buy it there, buy it when it's on sale there)...

...show proof you own it there (take screens of it in your GOG account), contact Cinemax and attach your proof to them in an e-mail - and they'll give you a Steam key for Inquisitor Deluxe.

Ah.

Oh well. Heh.

Sssshhh. Let him have his No Digital Deluxe Upgrade So I Will Take My Business To GOG And Remove This Dirty NON DELUXE Version From My Steam Account To Spite You Righteous Indignation.
I got the Steam key in a trade, so they got paid for the game. GOG included all the bonus stuff in the base package anyhoo. All I needed was patience to wait for a deep discount promo to show up and ask someone at the forums to get the game for me at a discount (if it showed up in one of those "Buy all games to get X off" things.)

I would never get any games removed from my Steam account - old versions, outdated versions, Non-HD versions, whatever.

I'm all about that Steam-game count +1.

haha.jpg

bread's done
Back