Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Because at the time the developer / publisher didn't seem to have any intentions of letting us upgrade the game. I got sick of waiting and just asked Steam to remove it. It doesn't have any achievements anyway, so I don't mind getting it at GOG.

Ah.

Oh well. Heh.
-1 on Steam?

youre%20doing%20it%20wrong.jpg

If you guys think he's bad, you'd lose your shit if you knew how many games Carlmundo had removed.
I don't understand. Why would anyone remove games from their Steam account or any other game-client account?

Is this a "too many games" digitally-owned thing? Hell, is there such a thing?

I just use the search function (Control+F) - and I can find the Steam games I want. It's as simple as that.

I don't care if it's the crappiest game ever, buggiest game ever made, runs like garbage, or whatever - If I got my hands on it, it's mine.

Don't care if I paid for it, Spoder'd a key, traded keys, whatever - if I got my hands on it, it's mine.

If I invested $ in it - I'm very likely not returning it, refunding it, or anything of that sort.

I made the decision - good, mediocre, or bad; I'll live with it.

That's even more so true if I paid for it. And especially even more so true, if I spent good $ on it (i.e. I spent more than I'd normally spend on a game).

I'd rather keep a game and move it to a "Hide Game" section like Origin does. Heck, does Steam even have such a function for a game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand. Why would anyone remove games from their Steam account or any other game-client account?

I just use the search function (Control+F) - and I can find the Steam games I want. It's as simple as that.

I don't care if it's the crappiest game ever, buggiest game ever made, runs like garbage, or whatever - If I got my hands on it, it's mine.

Don't care if I paid for it, Spoder'd a key, traded keys, whatever - if I got my hands on it, it's mine.

If I invested $ in it - I'm very likely not returning it, refunding it, or anything of that sort.

That's even more so true if I paid for it. And especially even more so true, if I spent good $ on it (i.e. I spent more than I'd normally spend on a game).

I'd rather keep a game and move it to a "Hide Game" section like Origin does. Heck, does Steam even have such a function for a game?
*shrugs*

There are still three or four games in my account I wish I could remove, but since I actually played them, Steam support said they will still show up in my profile. I mostly removed stuff that's multiplayer-only, or that has dead servers. My connection sucks too much and I can't even play those.

I'm not sorry I abandoned the Church of the Holy +1. Don't understand me? Okay. I don't understand the obsession with the +1 either. I'd rather focus on getting achievements and playing games.

It makes no sense to me either. Like you said just re-org that shit so the stuff you don't want to see is hidden or on a junk list or whatever and call it good. Or just have some self control and just play what you want and don't play the rest.

Near as I can figure, it's sort of the gaming equivalent of when people take internet shit too seriously and get really anal about requiring that only people they know in real life can be on their friends list or some crap like that. I think we all know at least one of those types.

I think there's also some people that think having bad games somehow ruins their moral character or some nonsense. Like they don't even want to be associated with it. It's all fun and games until someone sees that you own Bad Rats and then next thing you know you're wearing The Scarlet Letter!

TL;DR - People are weird.

How does steam trades work? I want a copy of dungeon of the endless.
A bunch of people go

"Make me on offer"
"Nope. Don't like that"
"Nope, sorry."
"Nope don't want that either"
"No thanks"
"NEXT"

Unless you have Spoder skillz and then it just magically all falls into place.

I've pretty much been ignoring the whole gem thing... how much of a moran am I for just selling all my cards for gabencents?
Unless something major has changed since the winter sale, crafting gems doesn't seem to be a moneymaker (maybe in other regions if transaction fees work out to be a lower rate, but we're still talking a penny at a time). The market has pretty much settled to where the components for making a sack of gems cost as much/more than just buying them off the market.

Dungeon of the Endless is pretty decent. The problem for me is replayability. There doesn't seem to be enough items, the upgrades are always linear (this is OK as it makes advancement a little more predictable) and every floor looks very samey after a while. It's a cool blend of dungeon crawling and TD but I don't know....it's missing that special something to make me want to play it over and over like some rogue or rouge-like games. For free though...get it! Just be vary of buying it yourself.....I need to go back and finish it...was 2 floors from escaping I believe.

*shrugs*

There are still three or four games in my account I wish I could remove, but since I actually played them, Steam support said they will still show up in my profile. I mostly removed stuff that's multiplayer-only, or that has dead servers. My connection sucks too much and I can't even play those.

I'm not sorry I abandoned the Church of the Holy +1. Don't understand me? Okay. I don't understand the obsession with the +1 either. I'd rather focus on getting achievements and playing games.
@Foxhack

Granted, I don't buy every bundle out there + whatnot; and I don't have as many games as other Steam-users here (i.e. I only have 832 games on Steam) since I do not have problems w/ games tied to other services. But if there is at least one game I really want + maybe few I at least might be slightly interested in; and its price is equivalent, cheaper, or a little more in a bundle than it usually is by itself - I'm gonna take the bundle.

About games that are MP-only + have dead-servers - I'd still keep those. Who knows if modders out there might work their magic and get games running on their own servers and whatnot.

And like Motoki said - one can always re-org their Steam-categories and filter games into categories and name them fittingly. "Dead MP Games" and "Junk Games" actually sound like pretty good categories to me. And I'd keep those categories minimized.

@Motoki

BTW - Thanks for that idea for Junk categories for my Steam-categories, Motoki!

I don't do a lot of Steam reviews, but here's one!

Castle in the Darkness in-depth review

http://youtu.be/Eed6abfK2z4
Hey, I don't have a lower-case "a" key. How am I supposed to play this game?

god damn

i mysterd'd that one...im looking at my Nugget Nectar (7.5% ABV)) and blaming that
Are you sure he's not just rubbing off on you after all the MysterD impressions you've been doing lately?

If you start backlogging mp3s and digital stickers we're going to have to call an intervention.
...oh, crap.

That's the smart thing to do. Morans convert their cards into gems.
Unless something major has changed since the winter sale, crafting gems doesn't seem to be a moneymaker (maybe in other regions if transaction fees work out to be a lower rate, but we're still talking a penny at a time). The market has pretty much settled to where the components for making a sack of gems cost as much/more than just buying them off the market.
Thanks - seems like my general laziness paid off after all. I had been wondering after seeing gems mentioned a few times lately that I wasn't being a good enough CAG just selling cards.

How does steam trades work? I want a copy of dungeon of the endless.

A bunch of people go

"Make me on offer"
"Nope. Don't like that"
"Nope, sorry."
"No thanks"
"NEXT"

Trying to trade actual games is usually a pain. There are more currencies in Steam (keys, tickets, gems, metals, cards) than in Dungeons & Dragons, but they expedite the process of buying stuff from established traders. It takes a little bit of effort to learn the value of each, a little more to figure out the best way to obtain them, and then you start to understand more why jaded CAG veterans are so dismissive about Steam sales.

Thanks - seems like my general laziness paid off after all. I had been wondering after seeing gems mentioned a few times lately that I wasn't being a good enough CAG just selling cards.
The only thing Gems are good for right now are trading. Any TF2 or CS:GO keys you buy from the Steam market are locked from trading for 7 days and if you don't own CS:GO you have to buy a cheap CS:GO item to add to your inventory sometimes to get the keys to be tradable even after 7 days. If you own CS:GO you can buy keys within game and those are tradable immediately. Sacks of Gems are basically the best currency for immediate purchase and trade since they are not locked for trading and available immediately.

TL;DR - People are weird.

A bunch of people go

"Make me on offer"
"Nope. Don't like that"
"Nope, sorry."
"No thanks"
"NEXT"

I only buy on Steamtrades if the people list their price, otherwise it is a pointless exercise exactly like you mentioned. Even then, 95% of the idiots on Steamtrades ask way too much for bundle leftovers. I hate the people who just post a giant list and say "Trade me for something I don't have."

50% off Valkyria Chronicles. Still waiting for 75% off or lower than $5.
Valkyria is one of the unknown gems, esp. if you like anime & tactical turn based strategy game. I am sure everyone has their own price point on a game but Valkyria worth its admission price even at only 50%

I played it a few times on my PS3 and fakeybro it at launch for PC. Game has great story, beautiful artstyle, lovely music and fun gameplay. PC port is really fantastic! Sega did a great job here for us PC gamers

I'll save you the trouble of ever playing it.

M is for Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare
When I played this, I originally thought it must have been a port of an old Playstation game, circa 1998. Which would have helped explain its blocky, low-polygon models and weird texture wraps. As it turns out, this was actually a budget PC game released in 2004 that no one put a lot of effort into making playable, much less good.

MS2:JW is a first person shooter/stealth game that has you tracking and killing terrorists who kidnapped the president of Burundi. You are armed with a clumsy sniper rifle, a questionable pistol and a completely useless knife. You know how all modern FPS's make their knives deadly to the point where it's practically a joke? In MS2:JW your knife is less effective against terrorists than licking them. The rifle uses a terrible control scheme where you have to bring up and zoom your scope all via the scroll wheel rather than pressing RMB to aim (to lower your scope, you have to scroll out past the minimum magnification). On the other hand RMB has the all important function of screwing a silencer onto your pistol. You can remap controls but you can't remap RMB to both bringing up your scope AND putting it back down since these are two separate functions and can't be mapped to the same key. Speaking of, every time I pressed [Space] to jump, it took a screenshot as well. I couldn't get the game to NOT do this.

The rest of the game is equally a mess. Vegetation is impermeable. You can't walk through it, you can't shoot through it. You'll aim up a shot and have your bullet be stopped by a leaf a foot in front of you or an errant stick clipping slightly in front of your target. Enemy AI is abysmal. You have a Chatty Cathy spotter buddy who is about as effective with a gun as my cat is. This is not a good game. It was not a good game in 2004 and it is not a good game in 2015. It looks like garbage and plays like garbage.

[...]

Most Surprisingly Poor Game: Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare
First person shooters to come out during 2004 included Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, Far Cry and Counter Strike: Condition Zero. Also, Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare, a game that looked at least eight years old on the day it was released. I wasn't expecting a fully modern experience here but I was expecting semi-competent AI, half decent weapons or a quasi-realistic environment. MS2:JW was astounding in just how poor it was in comparison to the year it was released. The problem with this game wasn't that it was released in 2004, it's that it should have been released in 1996 and frankly it wouldn't have been great then.
EarthboundX5 posting BGCQ event in 5...4...3...2...1...

Trying to trade actual games is usually a pain. There are more currencies in Steam (keys, tickets, gems, metals) than in Dungeons & Dragons, but they expedite the process of buying stuff from established traders. It takes a little bit of effort to learn the value of each, a little more to figure out the best way to obtain them, and then you start to understand more why jaded CAG veterans are so dismissive about Steam sales.
Smacks of effort... I just wait for the eventual BundleStars Bundle.

The only thing Gems are good for right now are trading. Any TF2 or CS:GO keys you buy from the Steam market are locked from trading for 7 days and if you don't own CS:GO you have to buy a cheap CS:GO item to add to your inventory sometimes to get the keys to be tradable even after 7 days. If you own CS:GO you can buy keys within game and those are tradable immediately. Sacks of Gems are basically the best currency for immediate purchase and trade since they are not locked for trading and available immediately.
Ah, ok - thanks for the explanation. I don't think I've ever even done a trade that didn't involve papal or one key for another.

Damn, Valve and their economist are diabolical geniuses. Essentially creating a new virtual currency within Steam marketplace but not explicitly so.

You know, there's this thing called Google...

And some people made multiple accounts. Technically they're not supposed to but if you have a different email address they can't really tell. Also the whole IGN Prime for life thing happened to some people but not others. It was kind of random. I guess some people pay for it but eww. Most of the people trading it off probably didn't.

Trying to trade actual games is usually a pain. There are more currencies in Steam (keys, tickets, gems, metals, cards) than in Dungeons & Dragons
I tried to offer three electrum pieces for a copy of Dungeon of the Endless but he just looked at me funny and left.

I dont know why anyone would ever have Valve remove a game from Steam, when you have the option of just hiding it within your library. Owning a game gives you a chance at coupons or discounts on other games. And frankly you never know when a dev might update that game, improve it, etc.

I dont know why anyone would ever have Valve remove a game from Steam, when you have the option of just hiding it within your library. Owning a game gives you a chance at coupons or discounts on other games. And frankly you never know when a dev might update that game, improve it, etc.
or add cards to make you some cash!

I can slightly see it, though since they won't remove ones with playtime less understand but eh. There are games I've played/idled for cards and never want to play again but still, paid for them in someway so rather hide them or bury them in some category then totally get rid of it.

I guess best for argument is dead games and yearly games, a multiplayer game with no servers left or no players is only there for +1 at that point. I own FM 08-13, there is no reason to keep FM 08-11 around because why the hell would I play them instead of FM 12 or 13? Granted none of those could be removed if I understand due to having playtime. Personally I'd just hide those games, or like I do just ignore them since I'm too lazy to hide them, but can at least kind of see a reason someone get them removed instead *shrugs*.

I guess my thing is, who is it hurting and why does it matter to have those games you won't play in digital space attached to your account?

Steel Aquarium? I feel however with it being something that came from your own mind and shaped by your own experience that the name should also come from within you.
Man, with a suggestion like "Steel Aquarium" you're probably right. :speaktothehand:

heh just kidding. That name's not too bad.

You kind of ruined it by telling us you made it. Now every name I think of has to do with enraged dictator cats.

Although the one sample of the girl going OOOOOHHHHH. HHHHHAAAA kind of makes me think of HuniePop. :p

Also what the hell am I doing listening to music on a gaming site? Next thing you know I'll be caring about what mp3s show up in the next Poopees bundle. Make it stop.

You kind of ruined it by telling us you made it. Now every name I think of has to do with enraged dictator cats.

Although the one sample of the girl goong OOOOOHHHHH. HHHHHAAAA kind of makes me think of HuniePop. :p

Also what the hell am I doing listening to music on a gaming site? Next thing you know I'll be caring about what mp3s show up in the next Poopees bundle. Make it stop.
Muhahahaha, this is going exactly to plan. Err ... I mean ... is HuniePop your suggestion? I might get sued.

Although the one sample of the girl goong OOOOOHHHHH. HHHHHAAAA kind of makes me think of HuniePop. :p

I'm curious what program HitlerCat used to mix + create that.

bread's done
Back