Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
All right, all right, you got me. I'm adding it to my wishlist though... $32.99 is not my pricepoint.
y u no bai when 4 hours at shadybro price at GMG etc etc

Yeah, so even if you meet the requisites but you bought it you're SOL, you won't get another key.
wat? Why did you buy it? Good lord as much screaming as we were doing you should have waited.

I know other people in the thread were saying they were buying it too because they said the loyalty discount :roll: was only going to last one week.

Except now it's still showing for me and it's past one week so I guess they extended that too. Not sure why they'd bother unless they did that before because people complained and just never turned it off.

The whole thing was just terribly handled. I get that shit happens, people make mistakes or don't think of things or Valve gets fucking lazy and useless with them etc etc but it's really how they handled all of it after that went down that was atrocious.

If the guy they used as their mouthpiece would have simply apologized and promised to get it worked out and left it at that instead of constantly making excuses and being vague as possible the whole thing would have went down much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, I think you all are sleeping on Transformers Devastation. Yeah, yeah, it's "only four hours." blah blah. But it's a Platinum combat game and it has damn near the cleanest Platinum fighting I've seen. Only one QTE the whole game, not even one segment of bullshit that makes me regret playing again. It's not as rewarding as Bayonetta but I think it's a far better buy than DMC4SE
Havent played it much cause I've been busy since that GMG sale, but so far it feels like literally Transformers: Bayonetta Edition... or something.

It re-uses so many ideas from other platinum games, even has Unite Tombstone from W101.

I dont like the stats system though, but I'm glad I bought it at $16. Sideswipe the best.

I'm also not getting the hate for DMC4 in this thread. It wasnt fantastic and obviously was 50% a game played twice, but it was still good. Definitely like dunking everyone with Nero's arm thingie

can someone assure me that i would be fine buying this to use on my steam account in the US?

https://de.gamesplanet.com/game/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition-steam-key--1060-2?ref=itad

i've never purchased from de.gamesplanet.com and going by google translate of the page, it looks like i'm fine as long as i'm not in: Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary

thanks

can someone assure me that i would be fine buying this to use on my steam account in the US?
https://de.gamesplanet.com/game/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition-steam-key--1060-2?ref=itad

i've never purchased from de.gamesplanet.com and going by google translate of the page, it looks like i'm fine as long as i'm not in: Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary

thanks
There is a German specific version of New Vegas in the Steamdb, most likely for censorship, but Gamesplanet has some agains censorship logo up on the page so it's probably not censored. It should be okay, but maybe ask somewhere where there are more Europeans like Reddit Game Deals.

According the the Gamesplanet rep on Reddit it's fine
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3ugkfv/gamesplanet_xmas_sale_weekend_1_100_deals/cxeobyy
KuffarisMaximus said:
Just purchased Singularity and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate and Fallout 3 GOTY (the latter two are gifts, so I hope they'll work in the U.S.) I did redeem Singularity, though, so at least that worked. It's expensive for an old game, but this is the cheapest I've seen a Steam key.
Gamesplanet Rep said:
All those keys will work just fine in the US. Nice gifts btw. ;)

wat? Why did you buy it? Good lord as much screaming as we were doing you should have waited.

I know other people in the thread were saying they were buying it too because they said the loyalty discount :roll: was only going to last one week.

Except now it's still showing for me and it's past one week so I guess they extended that too. Not sure why they'd bother unless they did that before because people complained and just never turned it off.

The whole thing was just terribly handled. I get that shit happens, people make mistakes or don't think of things or Valve gets fucking lazy and useless with them etc etc but it's really how they handled all of it after that went down that was atrocious.

If the guy they used as their mouthpiece would have simply apologized and promised to get it worked out and left it at that instead of constantly making excuses and being vague as possible the whole thing would have went down much better.
No, I didn't buy it. I got an email with a code. I was just making an assumption based on the fact that if it finds such game in your library it won't give you another key, even if you spend money on it.

Havent played it much cause I've been busy since that GMG sale, but so far it feels like literally Transformers: Bayonetta Edition... or something.

It re-uses so many ideas from other platinum games, even has Unite Tombstone from W101.

I dont like the stats system though, but I'm glad I bought it at $16. Sideswipe the best.

I'm also not getting the hate for DMC4 in this thread. It wasnt fantastic and obviously was 50% a game played twice, but it was still good. Definitely like dunking everyone with Nero's arm thingie
It's true but ripping off Platinum is a good thing to rip off.

I missed the $16 sale feels bad man.

I hated the stat system too but if you just go with the flow it works itself out pretty decently. There's no need to go back to earlier difficulties as each difficulty remains pretty fair and no bullshit the whole way through.

Those challenge rooms are amazing though. If every action game had challenge rooms as good as TD I would be in hog heaven.

DMC4SE was playing half of a really mediocre game twice. The mechanics were bleh. I didn't like either of Nero's hooks that much, grapple, QTE sword rev, charge shot, and Dante is just fiddly for the fiddlers. None of the enemies were all that good outside of knight squads. (Hey let's all complain about color coded enemies in DmC. Wait a blitz? What's a blitz?) The bosses were alright but... beyond that it's a game that does not want to let you have fun.

My question about double dipping was if you got a key from submitting info to the email, but you didn't redeem the key yet.

So you'd get the Deathinitive edition added to your account via the website, then you'd still have an extra key from sending in the info to the email address to trade/sell/whatever.

Doesn't matter to me as I don't own the DLC and hated Darksiders II anyways.  Game becomes broken (god mode) once you get a weapon with "regain health when you do damage."

Most likely yes. The site just checks your Steam account I think having a database of who they sent what to and which of those emails is tied to whatever Steam account is just way too much for them to keep track of. We're lucky we got this even.

My question about double dipping was if you got a key from submitting info to the email, but you didn't redeem the key yet.

So you'd get the Deathinitive edition added to your account via the website, then you'd still have an extra key from sending in the info to the email address to trade/sell/whatever.

Doesn't matter to me as I don't own the DLC and hated Darksiders II anyways. Game becomes broken (god mode) once you get a weapon with "regain health when you do damage."
You will get another key. I didn't own Darksiders II base game, and I got two keys for e-mailing them Motoki's screen shot. They aren't very good at keeping track.

Should have Bobby'd the other one instead of giving it to Motoki like a decent crook. :p (granted I didn't know they would do this and he would be able to get it added to his account anyway)

You will get another key. I didn't own Darksiders II base game, and I got two keys for e-mailing them Motoki's screen shot. They aren't very good at keeping track.

Should have Bobby'd the other one instead of giving it to Motoki like a decent crook. :p (granted I didn't know they would do this and he would be able to get it added to his account anyway)
think of all the dominos you could have got for your guests

What a sale... fakeybro'd Undertale, 'cause yea.  Got Styx, HER STORY, and Grimrock 2.  The FF-TubeRPG Pt1 & Pt2 from Newegg.  

#IMPARTOFTHEPROBLEMSOSORRY

Buy they recalled the email on the second key that always works right?

And yes Blade you try to be shady but you are just a terrible Bobby.

No Dominos4u!

Spent more money on Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest Android games than PC games (spent $0 on Steam Sale) this Black Friday :oldman:

Really hope the winter sale is better
Think this is a bit of a false hope. Autumn sale discounts don't change at the Winter sale 3 weeks later unless the game is (was) part of the daily deal/flash/community thing, which are apparently done away with. I looked at last year's autumn sale and compared to winter of last year and the discounts stayed exactly the same unless a game was brought into one of the special tiers at least for the few comparisons I made. With the special tiers killed off, I don't have high hopes for anything better in 3 weeks. If anything, maybe a game or two thats not onsale now will go onsale then, but those are few and far between and largely games I dont care about enough anyway.

I think the best hope for winter at this point is some sort of interesting participation game (yeah right) and new glitches!

I've done alright this sale, or at least better than I thought Id do considering I bought next to nothing last autumn.

Woah, apparently I'm a darksiders nut!

Welcome!
You own Darksiders II
You own the Darksiders II Season Pass
You own the Darksiders II Arguls Tomb DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Abyssal Forge DLC
You own the Darksiders II The Demon Lord Belial DLC

Grant successfull! You now have access to Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition.
Thank you Nordic Games for an opportunity to buy MORE dlc ugg (the soundtrack)

What is this "good enough backlog" of which you speak?
Still have 2 of the STALKER games to play, Far Cry 2 and 3, Metro Last Light, Amnesia, with a bunch of indie games that may or may not be worth my time. I feel like I can wait a bit before I buy something.

I think the best hope for winter at this point is some sort of interesting participation game (yeah right) and new glitches!
Flash sales have now been replaced by Flash glitches, which do not last as long but are a better deal!

Mad Max gets my vote for Screen Shot Generator of the year. 

Some incredibly awesome images were posted by the CAGs this year.

Nowadays, I just assume anything I think about buying has either been free, glitched, or shadybro'ed, My life demands that I look away from my computer for more than one hour at a time each day, so I have decided to just not care whenever it is pointed out that I have missed something.

Well, actually I hate it for just a minute, and then I go directly to not-caring.

Mad Max's finale was amazingly effective for being so rudimentary. Then again, that applies to the whole damn game. It is certainly on my GotY shortlist but I still have to play more Bloodmans to see.

Since the dev is looking to jack up the price anyway, I bought Dying Light+Season Pass from a Brazilian (literally; I ain't got time to make a fake Argentinian Diner's Club card) for $20 and filled the hole in my heart left by missing the last decent Nuuvem VPN deal.

3aK3955.jpg

Still have 2 of the STALKER games to play, Far Cry 2 and 3, Metro Last Light, Amnesia, with a bunch of indie games that may or may not be worth my time. I feel like I can wait a bit before I buy something.
Oh no, six games and some indies my backlog is soOoOoOoOo crazyyyyy whatever will i do?!??

don't take that the wrong way just playin around

like you plan to

with your massive backlog

Considering the amount of time I actually spend playing games these days, it will last me until at least the next summer sale. I'm just not seeing anything I absolutely have to play now worth buying for more than five dollars, since I probably won't even finish any of those games for a few more months.

What the fuck do you think you're doing in my computer MICROSOFT!  I decided to take a nap since what I was watching was awful. (a football game)

I wake up and go to my computer and it says "All your files are exactly where you left them".  I had to restart to get rid of this screen.

Then I happen to notice I'm missing things off my desktop.  (like CC Cleaner and Speccy)  They deleted programs from my computer without my permission!  Who knows what else they deleted.

I assumed it was a mistake.  Then I read that the November update for Windows 10 did this to a lot of people.

Mind your own business Microsoft.

Considering the amount of time I actually spend playing games these days, it will last me until at least the next summer sale. I'm just not seeing anything I absolutely have to play now worth buying for more than five dollars, since I probably won't even finish any of those games for a few more months.
Do you have kids? If you do a really good way to free up some free time for gaming is to give them up for adoption

again jk don't do that unless you want to then i guess do it but really you should consider how it would impact them first

I'm impressed by your willpower. my approach is if i see a game i want i buy it and assume i'll find time to play it sometime before i die, whether that's realistic or not

It's not so much a time thing, just that I haven't really been playing games that much lately unless it is some crappy indie game I can play through in a few hours. Maybe my attention span just isn't what it used to be, I don't feel like playing through some 10+ hour game, even if it looks interesting. Either that or I'm just becoming a really cheapass fuck that doesn't spend any money and tries to justify it somehow.

Since the dev is looking to jack up the price anyway, I bought Dying Light+Season Pass from a Brazilian (literally; I ain't got time to make a fake Argentinian Diner's Club card) for $20 and filled the hole in my heart left by missing the last decent Nuuvem VPN deal.
Where did you find this Brazilian at? I'd definitely buy that for $20.

Who's getting a Brazilian done?

And hate to break to anyone but if you're buying games but not getting around to playing them you're hardly unique among this crowd. And if you want people to reaffirm your decision not to buy something because you won't play it soon or ever you should probably look elsewhere because we're enablers.

Speaking of backlogs, I finally broke 1k so Spoder can stop libraryshaming me. 1k was Just Cause 3.
Congrats on 1K; and congrats on making Just Cause 3 actual 1K.

Given that series' pedigree, JC3 should be nothing short of kick-ass.

I finished JC1 and never finished JC2 - but those games are just fun. :)

Who's getting a Brazilian done?

And if you want people to reaffirm your decision not to buy something because you won't play it soon or ever you should probably look elsewhere because we're A-holes.
Yep. FTFY.

And yea, I remember owning JC but I don't remember how. And I remember slingshoting all over the place... but it not being real at all.

JC3.... I dunno. Just another game to shelve?

I'm only 385.. but that's cause bundle fodder just isn't my thing at all.

I said for game 1200 it would be ARK, but I missed that for 1200, probably some bundle crap was 1200.  I'm somehow at 1298 now and have said ARK will be 1300, but I have a feeling that I'll just wait for 1400.  It's got to be lower in the Jesus sale, right?

I said for game 1200 it would be ARK, but I missed that for 1200, probably some bundle crap was 1200. I'm somehow at 1298 now and have said ARK will be 1300, but I have a feeling that I'll just wait for 1400. It's got to be lower in the Jesus sale, right?
it wont be

just buy it, pussy

Supposedly, the not so sekrit memo seemed to imply the prices would be the same between the two sales and they'd just rotate what's on the front page.

mysterdshrug.gif

*Edited to add: ARK sale is price matched at Amazon in case you have gift cards or Bing Points or some crap.

Speaking of backlogs, I finally broke 1k so Spoder can stop libraryshaming me. 1k was Just Cause 3.
I only have 662 games...my sister likes to Library Shame me because I have "too many games." She is a giant feminist which is fine but ironic that she is all about no body or slut shaming but LOVES to Library Shame me! Double standards

bread's done
Back