Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I finally got my 980ti, what games are good to throw at it to test? I already tried Fallout 4. Dunno what else to try, about to load Battlefield 4 now but that'll be better when my 144hz monitor arrives.
Crysis 3 is still a powerhouse. Especially running higher than 1080p.

I finally got my 980ti, what games are good to throw at it to test? I already tried Fallout 4. Dunno what else to try, about to load Battlefield 4 now but that'll be better when my 144hz monitor arrives.
Crysis 3, Battlefront (like the game or not, it's one of the best looking shooters around, it's just empty), Shadow of Mordor, GTAV (especially with that new ultra-realism mod), Metro Redux, Mad Max, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Dying Light

Crysis 3 is still a powerhouse. Especially running higher than 1080p.
Crysis 3, Battlefront (like the game or not, it's one of the best looking shooters around, it's just empty), Shadow of Mordor, GTAV (especially with that new ultra-realism mod), Metro Redux, Mad Max, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Dying Light
Will try, Crysis and Metro Redux after Watchdogs, already tried Mordor and don't own the rest.

By the way, Rainbow Six Siege or AC:Syndicate as the free Nvidia game? I'm leaning towards Siege as AC usually drops in price pretty quickly and I want the Gold/GOTY version eventually.

By the way, Rainbow Six Siege or AC:Syndicate as the free Nvidia game? I'm leaning towards Siege as AC usually drops in price pretty quickly and I want the Gold/GOTY version eventually.
I went for AC Syndicate because the whole Oliver Twist/Sweeney Todd setting appealed to me.

Then again I'm a bad person to ask because modern military guys with guns bores me to tears. I need some degree of escapism, not looking like I'm turning on the news.

Obviously there's a massive army of 15 year old boys who disagree with me though since that genre is extremely popular.

Beware if you bought Rainbow Six Siege through Steam.

Uplay integration is corrupting the steam program install files and making you delete steam and reinstall it.

Beware if you bought Rainbow Six Siege through Steam.

Uplay integration is corrupting the steam program install files and making you delete steam and reinstall it.
It doesnt matter where you bought it sadly.

Its crashing repeatedly for me (I have the uPlay only version) no matter what I do and others are reporting the same issue and it seems to be mostly affecting some Windows 10 users. The Steam issue is ridiculous though. If you preloaded it there, definitely delete it and dont run it and just re-download it now.

Here's a few that come to mind - AC Unity; The Evil Within; Batman: Arkham Knight; Watch Dogs; Shadow of Mordor; The Witcher 3.
Not sure if Arkham Knight is a good choice... I thought I read it still had enough bugs/performance issues to cripple anything. (He's not going to feel good about his new card if he encounters that.)

It doesnt matter where you bought it sadly.

Its crashing repeatedly for me (I have the uPlay only version) no matter what I do and others are reporting the same issue and it seems to be mostly affecting some Windows 10 users. The Steam issue is ridiculous though. If you preloaded it there, definitely delete it and dont run it and just re-download it now.
So not a uPlay conspiracy to get people off of Steam...? (Just incontinence?)

Took me a while but I eventually gave in and bought some garbage. Have some music to set the mood as I justify lighting money on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFvpcoCJG4

PinballFX2 tables: Many of them. Been a while since they had a big sale on most all of their things, so I was able to scoop up basically everything since the last PinballFX2 sale.

Choice of Games games: The 5 or so of them I was missing. Since they usually don't make an impact on the Steam front page I usually miss them (But when I catch them I grab them during the launch week discount). Not much of a discount but they're still cheap and they're a guilty pleasure. Also like my half-assed collection of CYOA books when I bump in to them at used bookstores.

Endless Legend DLC I was missing.

Both Star Trek adventure games. Not a great discount but Interplay things on Steam tend to get poor discounts and I wanted to scoop them up. Always ever had it on floppy, didn't even realize they were voiced by the actors until now.

Both Call of Cthulhu adventure games. Didn't even know they got added to Steam, but there they were.

Lego Star Wars complete saga, 'cause the Lego platformers are fun once in a while and that one rarely goes on sale. Could've gone nuts and picked up 6 Lego games like this, but restrained myself since I'm rarely in the Lego game mood and I'm already buying more shit than I should.

Faery Legends of Avalon, 'cause for some damn reason I like those mid to low budget Focus-published RPGs, and I didn't have that one. They're not particularly good games or good RPGs or anything, but they usually entertain me. Even when the writing isn't good it usually does something offbeat enough.

Outcast 1.1 and TRON 2.0, 'cause they were reasonably cheap and why not. Almost added System Shock 1 to this but held back because Night Dive tends to bundle their games, and since I already own a physical copy of SS1 I figure I'll go cheap and scoop up the remastered Steam version for extra cheap at some point.

Cinemaware Anthology, 'cause why not.

3D Realms Anthology, 'cause why not. Supposedly that's being pulled from Steam this year/next year anyway, and I played the hell out of a lot of the Apogee platformers in it.

Warhammer Quest Deluxe, maybe shouldn't have but liking the boardgame overwhelmed me. Bought it last Christmas sale for $15 and to date it's my only Steam return, but after a year of patches (For example I believe they removed the cash shop) and half that price I'll go in for keeps this time.

The Curious Expedition, from playing the occasional free weekend they've done for that I'm pretty concerned it's a bit too light on content and events, but I like it enough to take the plunge anyway. It almost feels Oregon Trail-esque in that a lot of the gameplay and strategy revolves around your inventory and what you decide to pack, etc. The discount was awful but it's kind of its own thing, and I can't think of any halfway modern game it's similar to. I'll just pretend it's a modern Seven Cities of Gold.

Renowned Explorers, 'cause while Curious Expedition seems like it'll scratch my explorer-itch more, Renowned Explorers just looks like a damn enjoyable game. Played a few hours already, the combat is incredibly simple (Darkest Dungeon seems deep by comparison) but the real meat is rolling dice to get through text challenges, your chances based on the skills of the people in your party. Having a good time with it.

Spent more money than I should on a big pile of things I wasn't that excited about buying, but happily most/all of it should be stuff I enjoy at least. Only tucked in to Expedition and Explorers thus far and they're both a good time. Came close on picking up Satellite Reign but skipped it, from what I've seen of it it's a bit on the one and done playthrough side so I'll wait for a bigger discount. Not expecting much from the Christmas sale, probably just going to coast through unless something like Exanima goes on sale.

Rainbow Six Siege is currently raping my butt and won't stop. It also corrupted my Desura client and forced be to reinstall. Then it hijacked my PayPal and bought every live Groupees bundle. It is currently trying to sew my face to Batman's butt and singing dunnunnunnunnnnunnnu Buttman Human Centipede!

Rainbow Six Siege is currently raping my butt and won't stop.
I finally got in to try the beta the last day it was running. Not wanting to be the reason why someone wasn't having fun (cause I suck in all) I went to play the AI in its training section. It didn't go so well, even on the lowest difficulty I think I caught the AI tea-bagging my corpse like a cocky asshole after a few rounds.

(I almost wonder if that mode was more difficult than the normal game as only one person is making noise and the teams wasn't even at all. I think one round I killed 5 terrorists before dying.)

So did I miss any super sales today? I was driving to and from South Carolina most of the day to flip some games for Gamestop credit so I could put my down payment for my new PS5.
I knew that was you in the SC Gamestop with the Stone Cold t-shirt opening cases and taking pictures of dlc codes with your phone.

Had to use this fox because I am in SC currently and saw a guy doing this last week

Also Seasonal Steam Sale Haul:
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Pump-Action Captain
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX
A.R.E.S.
Upgrade to DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin (DX9 Upgrade ROW)
The Evil Within Bundle
Guardians of Graxia
9.03m
Dwarfs
The Entente Gold
Sledgehammer
Farm Frenzy 4
The Promised Land
Monster Challenge Circus
Battle Mages
Happy Hereafter
Echelon: Wind Warriors
4x4 Dream Race
Dusk 12
Season Match
Feel-A-Maze
Crazy Chicken
Dr.Green
Bob Was Hungry
Cultures - Northland
Cultures - 8th Wonder of the World
Among the Heavens
God Game : The Odyssey

Most of my big pickups were outside of the Steam Sale:
Lords Of The Fallen Digital Deluxe Edition
Dragonborn Retail
Grow Home
Mortal Kombat X
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Dark Souls II and SP

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Seasonal Steam Sale Haul:

Upgrade to DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin (DX9 Upgrade ROW)

y u bai dis?

Do you have an old ass video card or something? Even if so, you know you'll have to end up buying the DX 11 later.

I hate how they tried to turn DX9 into console style 'last gen' and DX11 into console style 'next gen'.

Just no.

Wait, DX9 is an upgrade now?

I spent a curiously large amount of money when I tally it up on not very much stuff.

Dying Light+Season Pass (Nuuvem)

Lords of the Fallen Digital Deluxe (Nuuvem)

Transformers Devastation (GMG)

Evil Within Season Pass (Gamersgate)

Came out to around $48 though Dying Light+SP made up nearly half of that ($20) and Transformers ($16) was more than I usually spend on a single game during a sale.

Wait, DX9 is an upgrade now?

I spent a curiously large amount of money when I tally it up on not very much stuff.
Dying Light+Season Pass (Nuuvem)
Lords of the Fallen Digital Deluxe (Nuuvem)
Transformers Devastation (GMG)
Evil Within Season Pass (Gamersgate)

Came out to around $48 though Dying Light+SP made up nearly half of that ($20) and Transformers ($16) was more than I usually spend on a single game during a sale.
Notice how no indie games are in this list whatsoever!

I bought that $1 Cubic bundle or whatever it was and yesterday's Indie Gala but I don't really consider those part of the whole "Fall Sale" thing.

Maybe if these indie guys would make better games with transforming robots and zombie parkour, I would buy their stuff  :nottalking:

Notice how no indie games are in this list whatsoever!
There was a couple on my list I was thinking about... but every time I buy an indie game it gets bundled. (Which, I'm sure its just going to lead to you asking me why I didn't buy any indie games.)

I didn't buy much... but my list of pick ups.

Elite: Dangerous (I basically traded my uPlay Syndicate or Siege code for it.) So far it looks awesome... but I'm going to have to do allot of work on commands it seems. I was trying to play it with a 360 controller and the controls are just not very intuitive that way... Also they don't seem to be named very intuitively as trying to fix some stuff made it worse.)

Shadows of Mordor Game of the Year Edition (Bundlestars Bundle, its slightly cheaper) Amazingly awesome so far. Easy suggestion for a pick up for anyone looking for suggestions who hasn't played it yet. I suck at it like all the "Batman combat" games and have already proven it by dying to a lowly pint sized miscreant... Him and I have unfinished business to attend too at some point.

Quake Bundle (Bundlestars) The brief talk about Quake II yesterday made me nostalgic... Seemed like a good buy since BS had that extra 10% off code going on.

So what's the gaming trend right now?  In he summer clicker games were all the rage, but I'm out of the loop now.  Maybe Steam will make a shitty Fallout 4 clone to play for winter sale cards.  

Anyone double checking for stuff they might have overlooked during the sale might want to check out Arx Fatalis. It's rarely gone on sale since 2012 and this is the first time it's hit 75% off. Plus it's only $1.24

You bet wrong on the Transformers euro copies and now you are betting wrong on the gem auction. I'm beginning to wonder how qualified you are to give financial advice.
Yet to see a financially-better deal on Transformers:Devastation than the one we got from Amazon.de so IN YOUR FACE.

Took me a while but I eventually gave in and bought some garbage. Have some music to set the mood as I justify lighting money on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFvpcoCJG4

PinballFX2 tables: Many of them. Been a while since they had a big sale on most all of their things, so I was able to scoop up basically everything since the last PinballFX2 sale.

Choice of Games games: The 5 or so of them I was missing. Since they usually don't make an impact on the Steam front page I usually miss them (But when I catch them I grab them during the launch week discount). Not much of a discount but they're still cheap and they're a guilty pleasure. Also like my half-assed collection of CYOA books when I bump in to them at used bookstores.

Endless Legend DLC I was missing.

Both Star Trek adventure games. Not a great discount but Interplay things on Steam tend to get poor discounts and I wanted to scoop them up. Always ever had it on floppy, didn't even realize they were voiced by the actors until now.

Both Call of Cthulhu adventure games. Didn't even know they got added to Steam, but there they were.

Lego Star Wars complete saga, 'cause the Lego platformers are fun once in a while and that one rarely goes on sale. Could've gone nuts and picked up 6 Lego games like this, but restrained myself since I'm rarely in the Lego game mood and I'm already buying more shit than I should.

Faery Legends of Avalon, 'cause for some damn reason I like those mid to low budget Focus-published RPGs, and I didn't have that one. They're not particularly good games or good RPGs or anything, but they usually entertain me. Even when the writing isn't good it usually does something offbeat enough.

Outcast 1.1 and TRON 2.0, 'cause they were reasonably cheap and why not. Almost added System Shock 1 to this but held back because Night Dive tends to bundle their games, and since I already own a physical copy of SS1 I figure I'll go cheap and scoop up the remastered Steam version for extra cheap at some point.

Cinemaware Anthology, 'cause why not.

3D Realms Anthology, 'cause why not. Supposedly that's being pulled from Steam this year/next year anyway, and I played the hell out of a lot of the Apogee platformers in it.

Warhammer Quest Deluxe, maybe shouldn't have but liking the boardgame overwhelmed me. Bought it last Christmas sale for $15 and to date it's my only Steam return, but after a year of patches (For example I believe they removed the cash shop) and half that price I'll go in for keeps this time.

The Curious Expedition, from playing the occasional free weekend they've done for that I'm pretty concerned it's a bit too light on content and events, but I like it enough to take the plunge anyway. It almost feels Oregon Trail-esque in that a lot of the gameplay and strategy revolves around your inventory and what you decide to pack, etc. The discount was awful but it's kind of its own thing, and I can't think of any halfway modern game it's similar to. I'll just pretend it's a modern Seven Cities of Gold.

Renowned Explorers, 'cause while Curious Expedition seems like it'll scratch my explorer-itch more, Renowned Explorers just looks like a damn enjoyable game. Played a few hours already, the combat is incredibly simple (Darkest Dungeon seems deep by comparison) but the real meat is rolling dice to get through text challenges, your chances based on the skills of the people in your party. Having a good time with it.

Spent more money than I should on a big pile of things I wasn't that excited about buying, but happily most/all of it should be stuff I enjoy at least. Only tucked in to Expedition and Explorers thus far and they're both a good time. Came close on picking up Satellite Reign but skipped it, from what I've seen of it it's a bit on the one and done playthrough side so I'll wait for a bigger discount. Not expecting much from the Christmas sale, probably just going to coast through unless something like Exanima goes on sale.
Thanks for posting this! I had no idea those Star Trek and Cthulhu adventures were on Steam. They are now wishlisted.

See, I wanted to grab tables, but all the ones that are 75% off I own, and all the ones I don't own are only 50% off (or less.)

German Shipping Kills It.
Yea but at least you know your package will make it... and on time at that :)

33ccff06ef02784940501ebadf402c25.jpg

Haul poast:
3D Realms Anthology
ARES: Extinction Agenda EX
Anomaly Defenders
Armed & Dangerous
Arx Fatalis
Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate HD
Dishonored: GOTY (Nuuvem)
Goat Simulator - GoatZ DLC
Grow Home (Amazon)
Lost Planet 2
Quake IV (Tremorbro)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall DX
Spacebase DF-9
This was a good sale, I think, for picking up some things that haven't been on sale in a long time. That said it was still painfully boring having the same discounts the whole time.

... wait ... people actually bought tons of stuff this sale with the best sale of the year right around the corner?

Seriously though, has Just Cause 3 dropped sub $40 yet?

I have an hour and fifteen minutes left to go before I stop being tempted by Residerp Evil: Raccoon Shitty MegaCrap Complete.

Bruticus has a server where several CAG people play.  This being CAG where people buy games and never play them, it's not exceptionally well populated but that can be a good thing depending on your play style.

Dammit!

Cant decide on Elite Dangerous or not...

With the expansion next month/this month, it will be $45 if you own the base game or $60 for full game...

Someone tell meh

(I dont have a Joy or Hotus...so I'd either have to buy one or play on controller or KB/M)

Not sure if Arkham Knight is a good choice... I thought I read it still had enough bugs/performance issues to cripple anything.
I was running it fine already on an i7 4790k and a 970, and they've made a number of performance enhancements over the summer. As long as you're in the recommended hardware range and not trying to do 4k or anything, you'd be fine.

(I dont have a Joy or Hotus...so I'd either have to buy one or play on controller or KB/M)
I'd say no then. But that's just my gut instinct. The joystick and headset were vital for my enjoyment. Seriously, look up the key list for your keyboard commands....... get your feel from it there. Besides, at this point, does it really hurt to wait on it?

CDKeys has it for sub-$30, 100% legitly, 0% no shadiness.
Was this supposed to be in yellow comic sans as well?

Dammit!

Cant decide on Elite Dangerous or not...

With the expansion next month/this month, it will be $45 if you own the base game or $60 for full game...

Someone tell meh

Its only worth it if you grab the base game while its on sale now, since it comes out to be a wash and then you get to play the base game while waiting for the expansion. Base game at 15(sale) + 45 expansion(60 - 15$ loyalty for owning the base), or you wait for horizons and pay the 60 then for the whole package. At that point you may just want to wait for horizons to be on sale in the spring Im guessing.

Ive been playing with my 360 for the past couple days and besides not being able to yaw too easily (this can be changed with a shift key to enable yaw) I havent had many problems. The default mapping works fairly well. It is a complicated game, but once you figure out that most everything is in your UI screens and your KB shortcuts for landing and jumps, your pretty much set. That being said Ive added the thrustmaster hotas to my list for christmas this year, its currently 33$ on amazon (usually 50 or 60$)

-edit

make that 40$, price has gone up since holiday weekend

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2604SLI46EOUH&coliid=I2MQWHXG9RDBKK

Also just to add some interesting things about the game. The depth is huge. Sure on the face of it its generic transport, mercenary killing, etc. type missions that you can get bored of. However your free to go mining, setup your own lucrative trading routes, fight for/against various factions in the game earning warbonds. One interesting thing I found last night was people's travel journals as explorers for the few that attempted to make it to the center of the milky way, and some have:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68235

Are we doing haul posts?

3D Realms Anthology - Steam Edition

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX
Amnesia
Among the Heavens
A Sirius Game
Battle Mages
Bob Was Hungry
Crossfire: Dungeons
Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World
Cyan Complete 2012
Disney Mega Pack
Disney Mega Pack: Wave 2
Dr.Green
Galactic Hitman
God Game : The Odyssey
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Operation Z
Parcel
Quell Collection
Shutshimi Steam Store and Retail
Sledgehammer
Star Sky (you're welcome for the sacrifice)
The Deed
Wanderlust: Rebirth

84 games
$82.25 Steam Wallet

The +1'er in me is pretty pleased with this sale.

I got lucasarts adventure bundle, arx fatalis, quake pack, and hexen/heretic pack. Was actually really happy w/the sale, everything i bought was stuff that hasn't had a buy-worthy discount probably in several years. yay. 

bread's done
Back