Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is any Season Pass stuff out?
Every DLC released so far is in the Season Pass, including the exclusive Gear Up pack.

Some of those Collections are solid values. Gotta love Squeenix and their CAG friendly pricing policies.
Seriously. If you didn't get the EIDOS Anthology through the GamesRadar promo and are like me and owned just about none of them, it's a fantastic price.

I just wish the FF games were cheaper.
Me too. Wish they'd throw some FF bundles on Steam like the ones on GameStop.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of questions if anyone cares to share an opinion:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. I liked GoL... is this one more of the same? Season Pass worth it?

Sniper Elite V2. Is any of the DLC good? I've heard Kill Hitler was decent. Anything else?

Temple of Osiris is cheaper than on GG glitch.
And will be cheaper still, for sure.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. I liked GoL... is this one more of the same? Season Pass worth it?
I haven't played it, but found this Steam review helpful. I loved the little I played of the first one, but had no one to consistently co-op with :(

I played through this game local co-op with a friend. We had an O.K. time.

But, what made the first game amazing in my eyes is not present in this game. And really, they're the only things this game does; the puzzles and the shooting.

The first game in this series was an extremely refreshing twin stick shooter/puzzler. The shooting was incredibly solid and the puzzles were INCREDIBLY INGENIOUS. This new Lara Croft twin stick shooter is shorter, the combat is easier, and the puzzles are also easier, less impactful, and recycled from the first game. In the end, this game is about 1/3 the length of the first. Less shooting. Less puzzles. Less fun.

I just want to mention the puzzles one last time. I want to do this because the first game took me by surprise. Your characters have limited abilities but the developers were able to create unique, well thought out puzzles around those abilities. There were points in the first game where me and my friend would have to stop and reconsider the uses of our abilities to figure out puzzles. Again, the puzzles in the first were really well designed. I played this new game with that same friend and we breezed through this game in a matter of days. Such a short disappointing game.

If you have not played the first game in this series, go grab a friend and play that game. Enjoy that unique co-op experience. Savour that game though because it is one of a kind and you will not find that experience again especially in this game.

Sniper Elite V2. Is any of the DLC good? I've heard Kill Hitler was decent. Anything else?
I'm biased as I really like the series, but Landwehr, St. Pierre, and Neudorf are all play worthy. They're basically missions/challenge maps and have high replayability I enjoyed them b/c I really like the gameplay in V2 and III (not played the original game yet and was introd to the series with V2). I'd actually say Kill Hitler is the worst of the 4 V2 DLCs as its much shorter and I think they bettered the Kill Hitler mission in III, not saying its bad, but I prefer the other 3.

So I'm guessing I can't run all the games that say they are Windows XP only? I have windows 8... Sorry for being a complete PC newbie, just bought my first gaming laptop in 10 years.

And will be cheaper still, for sure.

I haven't played it, but found this Steam review helpful. I loved the little I played of the first one, but had no one to consistently co-op with :(

I played through this game local co-op with a friend. We had an O.K. time.

But, what made the first game amazing in my eyes is not present in this game. And really, they're the only things this game does; the puzzles and the shooting.

The first game in this series was an extremely refreshing twin stick shooter/puzzler. The shooting was incredibly solid and the puzzles were INCREDIBLY INGENIOUS. This new Lara Croft twin stick shooter is shorter, the combat is easier, and the puzzles are also easier, less impactful, and recycled from the first game. In the end, this game is about 1/3 the length of the first. Less shooting. Less puzzles. Less fun.

I just want to mention the puzzles one last time. I want to do this because the first game took me by surprise. Your characters have limited abilities but the developers were able to create unique, well thought out puzzles around those abilities. There were points in the first game where me and my friend would have to stop and reconsider the uses of our abilities to figure out puzzles. Again, the puzzles in the first were really well designed. I played this new game with that same friend and we breezed through this game in a matter of days. Such a short disappointing game.

If you have not played the first game in this series, go grab a friend and play that game. Enjoy that unique co-op experience. Savour that game though because it is one of a kind and you will not find that experience again especially in this game.
How Long To Beat disagrees with that claim...

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5181

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21699

5.5 hours vs 6.25 hours (Main Story)

So I'm guessing I can't run all the games that say they are Windows XP only? I have windows 8... Sorry for being a complete PC newbie, just bought my first gaming laptop in 10 years.
Ignore it. Worst case you run compatibility mode (just google it). I have 8.1 and have yet to have a problem with anything.

I really enjoyed the first one, thought it was about as enjoyable as a twin stick shooter could possibly be. I havent heard/read many things about this new iteration, though. I'll still buy it, because I have a hard time believing they could really badly screw it up. Of course, at the same time I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they did, in a way.

Temple of Isiris is cheap in Russia if you can find a host for the 4 pack. I got one for 1 tf2 key. No region locks.

God damn, that is a pretty good publisher sale, even if it's SE and it's all been cheap before.  The Anthology for $35 is quite impressive if you don't own any/most of it.  

On another message board I occasionally read (not gaming-focused), someone made a thread asking about the best happy hour deals people have seen.

[customspoiler=The first thing that came to my mind was Indie Gala.]
3997493-mylifewastedcomicbookguy.jpg
[/customspoiler]

The problem with having steamBUX is you can easily fall into fakeCAG category. I have 20$ and I'm looking at Divinity... but it's only 40%. But it's Divinity! But it's only 40%!!! Maybe I need to Drabe it...

The problem with having steamBUX is you can easily fall into fakeCAG category. I have 20$ and I'm looking at Divinity... but it's only 40%. But it's Divinity! But it's only 40%!!! Maybe I need to Drabe it...
You know you want it, and if it's not going on the backlog, you should go for it. Worst case, you can tell everyone you got it on Steam trades for two keys.

Divinity: Dragon Commander is 80% off and has a 4-pack. Anyone want to split a 4-pack at $6 each? Have no idea why this game has a 4-pack since its not multiplayer but whatever. If not, I might just bite on the imperial edition if I can't find 3 other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jka0li7sA-0
Okay I was wrong but I guess it show how disinterested in its "multiplayer" that I never bother checking.

Also, CAG trade forums seems to have it cheaper than $6 so I may just consider getting it there.

So what's the deal?  Seems like they didn't block direct gifting from Russian packs across the board, just inventory trades?

So what's the deal? Seems like they didn't block direct gifting from Russian packs across the board, just inventory trades?
It's because when you unpack most 4-packs, all the gift copies are ROW unless you did what Techland* did for Dying Light.

bread's done
Back