Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not really the place/site for this.. but I would probably do some very light steam gaming on it if I did end up getting it.. so yeah...

Does anyone here have any experience with any of the cheap(er) Chinese windows tablets?
I'm thinking about finally upgrading my tablet (still using HP Touchpad & and old Nook Color!) and am tempted by a couple of them:

Teclast X10HD 10.1" 16:10

Onda 116W 11.6" 16:9

I really like size/aspect ratios (not a fan of 4:3) and the dual-boot option on both of these tablets. I'm finding a lot of people seem to like them but wondered if anyone here has any experience with these or anything similar.
HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet - $79

1 year of Office 365
$25 MS Store Gift Card

So it is kind of like buying an Office 365 subscription and getting a tablet for $10

Warning, this price is for the 1GB Ram version.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Stream-7-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308781500

(YMMV): You may receive an additional 5% off by following the steps below (texting required).

Click here for HP Stream 7 Signature Edition 7" Tablet w/ Office 365 and add to cart
Send text to number 29502 with word MSSTORE in text
Immediately you will receive a unique promo code for 5% off
Proceed to checkout
Enter your unique promo code in cart
Total will be $79 - 5% w/ copied unique promo code = $75.05 + free shipping

HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet - $79

1 year of Office 365
$25 MS Store Gift Card

So it is kind of like buying an Office 365 subscription and getting a tablet for $10

Warning, this price is for the 1GB Ram version.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Stream-7-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308781500

(YMMV): You may receive an additional 5% off by following the steps below (texting required).
Basically. I was already paying $10 a month for Office so I got this for $80 (minus the bonus GC) back on Black Friday. It's a decent tablet and serviceable for work stuff (typing, email, internet browsing). Screen may be small to some. Also word of warning, the Office that comes with this limits you to 2 activations - 1 on the tablet and 1 on a laptop/desktop. The one I had for $10 a month gave me 5 activations across any devices I chose.

Not really the place/site for this.. but I would probably do some very light steam gaming on it if I did end up getting it.. so yeah...

Does anyone here have any experience with any of the cheap(er) Chinese windows tablets?
I'm thinking about finally upgrading my tablet (still using HP Touchpad & and old Nook Color!) and am tempted by a couple of them:
Teclast X10HD 10.1" 16:10

Onda 116W 11.6" 16:9

I really like size/aspect ratios (not a fan of 4:3) and the dual-boot option on both of these tablets. I'm finding a lot of people seem to like them but wondered if anyone here has any experience with these or anything similar.
Not sure if you've already done it or not, but I just updated my HP touchpad from cyanogenmod 7 to cyanogenmod 11 and it has made the Touchpad much better. I've been using it more than my 7" Fire HDX because of the size of the screen

Basically. I was already paying $10 a month for Office so I got this for $80 (minus the bonus GC) back on Black Friday. It's a decent tablet and serviceable for work stuff (typing, email, internet browsing). Screen may be small to some. Also word of warning, the Office that comes with this limits you to 2 activations - 1 on the tablet and 1 on a laptop/desktop. The one I had for $10 a month gave me 5 activations across any devices I chose.
How is OneNote on Office365? I love using the native OneNote client @ work. I run evernote @ home.

edit: If you guys aren't running evernote, it is freaking awesome. Check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, haven't checked in for a while. season 2 of diablo is taking my life OMG!!! anyways, is the deal on GG for VC best ever?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VALKYRIAC/valkyria-chronicles

$9 with code 10AN-SALE-FEB2015

wondering if i should buy now or wait for better deal. any help is appreciated.
I have this on my wishlist and I'm pretty sure it's about as low as it has been. ITAD agrees.

Should you wait? Probably. It's a SEGA game and we all know that means it'll hit 75% off soon enough.

hey guys, haven't checked in for a while. season 2 of diablo is taking my life OMG!!! anyways, is the deal on GG for VC best ever?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VALKYRIAC/valkyria-chronicles

$9 with code 10AN-SALE-FEB2015

wondering if i should buy now or wait for better deal. any help is appreciated.
It was around $8-9 on launch if you got it from the gray market.. so yeah, I'd suggest waiting for a better sale.

Thanks for the responses on the Tablet question guys.  

@ fore1337 - I was looking at the Stream7 and Microcenter's Winbooks (they have the office thing included too),  I still might end up with one if I decide going the Chinese tablet route isn't worth the risk.  I really can't find much bad about the teclast I linked earlier - and apparently Onda is a decent brand as well.  Honestly, it's not like support is great for just about any company's products any more anyway so.. :shrug:

@Cheaplikeafox OS X - It's the screen size and RAM that was holding me back on the Stream7 but I may end up with it or something else similar.  I've seen a few youtube reviews mention that it's hard to do anything from the 'desktop' screen on Win8 on a 7" tab.  Do you find it an issue?  Sometimes have to use a mouse or Stylus?  

@ MrshllJcb - Yeah, I have cyanogen11 on it as well.  It's fine for what I do (mostly).  I just want a tablet with a different aspect ratio and higher resolution.  I hate watching movies and reading on it because the 4:3 aspect ratio isn't really designed for that & there is a ton of wasted space.  It's still a good tablet and was a great deal.. but I think I want something newer and with an option to boot into windows.

@ fore1337 - I was looking at the Stream7 and Microcenter's Winbooks (they have the office thing included too), I still might end up with one if I decide going the Chinese tablet route isn't worth the risk. I really can't find much bad about the teclast I linked earlier - and apparently Onda is a decent brand as well. Honestly, it's not like support is great for just about any company's products any more anyway so.. :shrug:

@Cheaplikeafox OS X - It's the screen size and RAM that was holding me back on the Stream7 but I may end up with it or something else similar. I've seen a few youtube reviews mention that it's hard to do anything from the 'desktop' screen on Win8 on a 7" tab. Do you find it an issue? Sometimes have to use a mouse or Stylus?

@ MrshllJcb - Yeah, I have cyanogen11 on it as well. It's fine for what I do (mostly). I just want a tablet with a different aspect ratio and higher resolution. I hate watching movies and reading on it because the 4:3 aspect ratio isn't really designed for that & there is a ton of wasted space. It's still a good tablet and was a great deal.. but I think I want something newer and with an option to boot into windows.
I also got one of these around Black Friday. I use it quite a bit as a portable device for work as an educator. Mostly I sync files to it via Dropbox and use it as an e-reader. I have used it for media as well. For the price, I have had no issues. The speakers are not very loud even with headphones. The size to me is great. RAM is only an issue if you really try to multi-task. I use desktop mode a lot and have no issues with it. I have only used a mouse on it once just to see if it worked.

Bundlebandits brings us a bundle with two games that have never been bundled before as far as I can tell and 2 most of you probably already own.

http://bundlebandits.com/bundle?bid=87

Space Legends
Brink of Consciousness:Lonely hearts murders - some decent steam reviews
Yury - You already own this
Oniken - You already own this
Yeah the first two definitely haven't been bundled. The rep posted a thread here but I don't think many people noticed. :p

Good deal if you like Old Lady Big Fish Hidden Object games. They look to be decent ones too. The other Brink of Consciousness, the Dorian Grey one, was good if that's your thang and the sci fi HO game looks different.

I may have a bundle problem.  I just found an entire Blink bundle from last year that I hadn't redeemed any of the keys from yet.  Amazingly, I still had none of the games.  Guess Blink isn't the worst site out there...that or I can't be bothered to pick up these recent bundles that are 90% trash and 10% questionable adds.

@ fore1337 - I was looking at the Stream7 and Microcenter's Winbooks (they have the office thing included too), I still might end up with one if I decide going the Chinese tablet route isn't worth the risk. I really can't find much bad about the teclast I linked earlier - and apparently Onda is a decent brand as well. Honestly, it's not like support is great for just about any company's products any more anyway so.. :shrug:

@Cheaplikeafox OS X - It's the screen size and RAM that was holding me back on the Stream7 but I may end up with it or something else similar. I've seen a few youtube reviews mention that it's hard to do anything from the 'desktop' screen on Win8 on a 7" tab. Do you find it an issue? Sometimes have to use a mouse or Stylus?

@ MrshllJcb - Yeah, I have cyanogen11 on it as well. It's fine for what I do (mostly). I just want a tablet with a different aspect ratio and higher resolution. I hate watching movies and reading on it because the 4:3 aspect ratio isn't really designed for that & there is a ton of wasted space. It's still a good tablet and was a great deal.. but I think I want something newer and with an option to boot into windows.
I haven't used a mouse yet on mine. I've been able to do what I needed without a mouse but I did buy a bluetooth keyboard/stand combo for typing just because I'm not a big fan of typing using an onscreen keyboard (especially on something that small). I haven't had too many issues using it, but maybe with someone one with big hands/fingers it could be a little tougher?

I looked at the ones at Microcenter and even Walmart has a decent 10 inch one but I think the walmart one may still be only 1 GB. With only 1 GB it will give you issues if you are trying to do multitasking.

I went with this price point because I wasn't 100% convinced I would even like a Windows 8 tablet so I wanted to limit my expense just in case I found I hated Windows 8 on a tablet. I'm usually one for bigger screens, but this one is passable. In the future I'm probably more likely to get a 10 inch or even one of those touchscreen laptops but the bigger the tablet the more it limits the portability. I used to have a Touchpad (in fact it's probably somewhere in a box) but mine died shortly after the warranty expired so I got a dud. First the charging port started acting finicky and then it wouldn't even turn on. My brother's is still going strong so go figure. I also have a Hisense Sero Pro 7 I got refurbed from Newegg which is a nice tablet, I just don't use it often. My main "entertainment" tablet is my old Fire HD I bought used for $50 bucks or the Fire phone I just got. The HP Stream serves a completely different purpose. I did test Steam out on it and it ran fine and even installed some game on it (forgot which one) but it didn't have touchscreen control options so I couldn't really play it. It's not a bad tablet for the price. If you go 10 inch you definitely want 2 GB RAM. The issue I came across was just the price jump between a the HP Stream 7 and anything in the 10 inch range. It was like double the price and I wasn't willing to invest that much in something I wasn't sure I'd like.

Thanks crimsonassassin & Fox.

@crimsonassassin interesting that you don't really need the mouse on a screen that size a couple review's I'v watched mention that the desktop mode wasn't really designed for fingers and they needed something to get it to do what they needed.

@ Fox - yeah I kind of feel the same way (not knowing if I would really like the windows tablet) but I've messed around in the store with a couple and I think I will like it fine.  Still - the 2 I am currently looking at are dual boot, so even if I hate it and never want to use it I still have a much better android tablet than I am currently using.

As for portability that's not too big an issue for me as I will mainly be using this at home - and if I 'need' something small to toss in a pocket I will still have the old nook color lying around.

I guess I have a little more thinking and research to do on it before I make my final decision.  Thanks again guys!

Damn greenmangaming and that Feral DRM on the lego games I'm missing.

and apparently lego star wars cannot run on a AMD processor?

Notes:

Requires an Intel processor.
It's MAC version, not Windows/PC.

Apple doesn't use AMD processors. Only Intel and previously PowerPC.

PowerPC is different architecture than what Intel/AMD use x86. Thus incompatible.

TL;DR It can run on MAC that has AMD processor, but those doesn't exists.

My heart is warmed to know that I'm not the only one still using his fire sale HP Touchpad.

I might get a new tablet this year although I'm still attached to the screen size and the market seems to have moved towards 7" screens (or smaller) these days and a price-reasonable 10" screen is hard to find.

wats a mac
694px-Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg

It's MAC version, not Windows/PC.

Apple doesn't use AMD processors. Only Intel and previously PowerPC.

PowerPC is different architecture than what Intel/AMD use x86. Thus incompatible.

TL;DR It can run on MAC that has AMD processor, but those doesn't exists.
Ya I see its a mac version, however I have bought keys before that are mac versions and activate on steam. If only that was the case here I would complete my lego collection.

You are missing the point on the AMD processor. They are saying that game only out of the 4 I looked at can only run on Intel. That must hold true for the steam version as well!!!!

You sure can install a mac OS on a amd machine, it takes a little extra work, but it can be done.

My heart is warmed to know that I'm not the only one still using his fire sale HP Touchpad.

I might get a new tablet this year although I'm still attached to the screen size and the market seems to have moved towards 7" screens (or smaller) these days and a price-reasonable 10" screen is hard to find.
I too, am still using mine, although it's beat to shit and if the battery dies it's a bitch and a half getting the thing to power back on. Even when it was new it wouldn't reliably charge on anything but the OEM charger, and that's long since crapped out.

Ya I see its a mac version, however I have bought keys before that are mac versions and activate on steam. If only that was the case here I would complete my lego collection.

You are missing the point on the AMD processor. They are saying that game only out of the 4 I looked at can only run on Intel. That must hold true for the steam version as well!!!!

You sure can install a mac OS on a amd machine, it takes a little extra work, but it can be done.
But official requirements don't need to acknowledge unsupported installations on AMD hardware.

Those requirements are meant for macs, not pcs. It simply means that old PowerPC macs are not supported.

Sucks to know I have about $35 worth of cards sitting in my inventory but I'm too lazy to list them all.
I've given some thought to adding an automatic selling tool to Idle Master, but I'm not sure if that will get me in trouble or not. Technically it's "automating a portion of the marketplace process" which is expressly against the SSA, but there is a fairly popular Chrome plugin that does this and has a pretty big following and hasn't got people banned yet as far as I know so maybe it's something that's generally ignored by Valve.

It would be sweet to run Idle Master and have it automatically sell your cards for $0.01 under the current low price - rather than waking up to an inventory full of cards in the morning, you'd just wake up to more Gaben dollars.

I keep saying I'll buy another tablet but then I think about it and the HP Touchpad pretty much does everything I want to do on a tablet and I've been progressively updatng the Android version on it.

I mean if there were a Windows tablet that wasn't shit for gaming, like had desktop or high end laptop equivalent Nvidia or something then maybe.

I've given some thought to adding an automatic selling tool to Idle Master, but I'm not sure if that will get me in trouble or not. Technically it's "automating a portion of the marketplace process" which is expressly against the SSA, but there is a fairly popular Chrome plugin that does this and has a pretty big following and hasn't got people banned yet as far as I know so maybe it's something that's generally ignored by Valve.

It would be sweet to run Idle Master and have it automatically sell your cards for $0.01 under the current low price - rather than waking up to an inventory full of cards in the morning, you'd just wake up to more Gaben dollars.
Soon: Everything at $0.03 because everyone is running idlemaster...

I think SIH will multi-sell for a single price, not taking into account each cards lowest price minus one cent. I do use it to quicksell each individual card. Saves some time not having to constantly check that little box, but yeah, farm and sell would be sweeeeet.

I keep saying I'll buy another tablet but then I think about it and the HP Touchpad pretty much does everything I want to do on a tablet and I've been progressively updatng the Android version on it.

I mean if there were a Windows tablet that wasn't shit for gaming, like had desktop or high end laptop equivalent Nvidia or something then maybe.
NVIDIA is supposed to make a big announcement on 3/3 so I'm hoping that's the next-gen Shield Tablet using their new processor. I've been looking at Windows tablets wondering if they'd be able to use Steam's In-Home Streaming effectively. Has anybody tried this?

I haven't been able to find a good review or video of this sort of setup.

CM11 a good version? I'm still at CM9, largely because it works and I'm afraid of breaking it by getting too clever.

All I really use my tablet for is web browsing, email, web-comics and the rare Netflix/Xfinity viewing. Sometimes I tell myself I'll play some Android games on it but, except for a few Kairosoft games, I never really get into them. I'd really rather game on the PC.

I bought a couple of the barrel chargers when they were clearanced at $5 each (or something like that) plus still set it on its charging stand at night in alarm clock mode.

If you do this, I will love you even more.

!!!

Can you make idle master play games for me? I'd like to pretend all of these games I'm buying are getting played.

Play Master?

bread's done
Back