Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
One step ahead of you. I took inspiration from all of those urban legends about how nobody that works at Google knows the entirety of their search algorithm: I created one long password and taped a quarter of it under each of 4 of my neighbors' keyboards with no explanation. Whenever I need to log in to a website, I break into each of their houses in sequence. None of them are sure which order the passwords go in, or really, what the hell they are. The safest AND most convenient of all possible solutions.

Also, they should probably start locking their goddamn doors.
Ewww who knows what bodily fluids are on the underside of those keyboards that clicking noise isn't because they're mechanical. Too much bing searching by any of your neighbors will foil that plan

Digital makes you more likely to play and less likely to backlog a game than physical? Wait, what?

I actually have gladly gone all digital on my X1 and mostly digital on the PS4. I at first was skeptical but not only is it crazy convenient and faster but if also forces me to not make such a huge backlog. I will buy games I know I will play because I know I cannot trade them in. This was I do not buy a crap ton of ~$30-$40 physical games, never play 90% of them and then end up trading them in anyway thinking I got a good deal but really broke even on a worthless investment. Here though if I buy a digital game I know I am going to be playing it at least within that week and will really get some use out of it.

Digital makes you more likely to play and less likely to backlog a game than physical? Wait, what?
Only in the console-peasant world, I guess.

The digital services (i.e. XB Live + PSN) probably still don't know how to and/or don't want to do proper CAG-worthy digital sales like Amazon DVG, Steam, Gamersgate, Nuuvum, and others have done in the past on the PC-side.

Probably don't want to de-value their products too much since they have the console world by the throat, more or less - you know?

Flip Riders is temporarily free on Desura and they've put a Greenlight page up for it. Hopefully they won't pull a Pizzarian and they'll actually give Steam keys, but it's free for now so you might as well grab it just in case.

*Edited to add: Apparently it's made by Bad Juju Games the current owners of Desura. Hopefully they will have enough sense not to stir that hornet's nest that the Pizzarian dev did.

Bad Juju guy says everyone who owns the game on Desura will get a Steam key if the game gets voted in, even the people who grabbed the game for free.

Tokioguy [author]

@Motoki Absolutely, every purchaser will receive both a Desura and a Steam Key. I think you will recall that Desura backs all of it's customer promises and specifically with the recent controversey regarding a developer refusing (or rather selectively determining) the distribution of Steam Keys, we were completely opposed to this practice.

So, in short you will ultimately end up with both platform keys

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I accidentally a Bobby and miss the Nuuvem discussion about removing the Batman Pack from the order history page? Can't find it in my profile, and now I get 404'd by their servers. Was looking to unload the Batman keys.

Call of Juarez: The Cartel is $2.15 on Nuuvem right now. Comes as a Steam key though the game also requires UPlay.

Yes, yes. I know it sucks etc etc but at $2 I'll take a chance. I don't think it will get any lower.

They also have Gunslinger for like $3.20ish.

Bound in Blood is on sale too but it's Tages so yeahno.

Totes needs HD for extra large pictures of Asian chicks.
iQ54gE7XJC1HO.gif

Did I accidentally a Bobby and miss the Nuuvem discussion about removing the Batman Pack from the order history page? Can't find it in my profile, and now I get 404'd by their servers. Was looking to unload the Batman keys.
Don't know what you did but everything's still there for me. Luckily the only unused key on my account is Arkham City and I already wrote down that sucker elsewhere.

I'm starting to wonder what "Bobbying" means now though.

I keep waiting for Ubisoft to do a Humble Bundle. They've actually sold some games through the Humble store for quite some time now but thus far they haven't done a bundle. Not sure an all Juarez one would be their first choice for their hypothetical Humble Debut Bundle but who knows?

Anyway, with my luck with Humble lately it'd be in some $6 or $12 tier when all I needed was just that last damned game anyway.

Wait, ew, Tages.
For which one? Only Bound in Blood is Tages. Cartel and Gunslinger are Steam + Uplay.

Well, I finally made a Desura account.  Even redeemed some ancient Humble keys so my free game didn't feel lonely.  If I ever want to play And Yet It Moves on Desura, I'm all set.

Dammit Blade, your Gabe Avatar forces me to acknowledge that you and SolidNakedSnakeEyes are in fact two separate people.

Things were so much simpler when I could amalgamate you both into 'white guy with Asian girl avatar' status.

will be in bundle soon.. tier 1
Right, because Ubisoft has done so many Humble Bundles and even if they did do one they really would debut with one of their least popular games and most poorly rated games. :roll:

Sometimes you guys really talk out of your back orifices.

Now as for why I want one of Ubisoft's least popular and most poorly rated games to begin with, I have issues.

That was the only one I looked at. Good to know the others are Steam though.
I'm new to PC gaming. Been a console gamer for the last 15 years. Should I avoid buying a game that requires activation through Tages? Or is it just the concept of UbiSoft and questionable DRM in the past that is turning you guys off?

Lol @ posts getting deleted because of gif of woman in summer clothing.

Don't go to the beach or watch television with that attitude, CAG!

I'm new to PC gaming. Been a console gamer for the last 15 years. Should I avoid buying a game that requires activation through Tages? Or is it just the concept of UbiSoft and questionable DRM in the past that is turning you guys off?
Somebody will be along shortly to give you the long-winded version, but Tages is considered Bad. With a capitalised 'B'. I'm sure there's something about it causing hard drives to explode but the rest escapes me.

Uplay (Ubisoft DRM) really isn't that bad. They removed a lot of the "must be online to play" requirements, and now its just another layer that sits in the background while you play. I've personally had no problems with it. Although, again, alarm bells have gone off at a certain CAG's headquarters and he's now compiling an eleventy four page response as to why everything needs to be DRM Free. Or Steam.

TL;DR - Tages bad, Uplay not bad at all.

Welp, lostnumber just became the first person ever to make it onto my ignore list.

EDIT: And thanks again to Fox for this post explaining how it's done now. Never thought I'd actually need it. But I'm glad it was there in my hour of need.

bread's done
Back