Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hey, bros!

I'll be doing my Extra Life stream a few weeks late this year, on the 21st of November. In order to not clog up the thread with giveaways, I'll be creating a Steam group tonight when I get home to handle all that jazz. I'll be giving away like 500 Steam keys and other stuff, and I will start tonight, so anyone who donates now has a pretty good chance of getting games they want. And if no one else donates, Fox gets it all.

Here is the link to donate. Five bucks gets you into the Steam group, twenty gets you into the spanky spanky party. Just leave your Steam name in the notes area.
Hey again, bros!
Dropped over twenty games for the five donators so far, so check the group if you've donated!

If you haven't, it's not too late! Donate now to get your mitts on hundreds of Steam games, including a bunch that have never been bundled!

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!

Re Darksiders Deathinitive: I emailed support around the time that people started reporting that they'd started to receive keys, and just received my key ~4 hours ago.

Hey again, bros!
Dropped over twenty games for the five donators so far, so check the group if you've donated!

If you haven't, it's not too late! Donate now to get your mitts on hundreds of Steam games, including a bunch that have never been bundled!

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!
what does one get for the 1337.00 donation?

What do you need to get that duhfinitive edition of darksiders? I don't have all the DLCs cause I didn't like that game.
u go back through the thread and find Motoki's receipt and mail it in and get your game. Easy peasy!

Or, an alternative is you mail a pic of your butthole (Thanks Drabe!) and you get a key!

What doesn't work: Dick pics....tried several times...no response except the po po at my door :(

Reddit is posting shit in ₹ now whatever ₹ is. I think rupees or some shit.

Bad enough we have to put up with those gyros and farthings but now ₹ too?

We need a presidential candidate who vows to ban all that crap currency off of our Internets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald_Trump__3158264b.jpg

Which My Little Pony is that? I don't recognize the mane...
That's Bigoted Wigot. He usually promises the others more apples than he has, then he declares apple bankruptcy and is allowed to gather more apples for himself before his debt is erased. He does it like every other show and calls it "good business."

I have a way of getting Steam games cheap that would absolutely work. I won't tell you what it is now, but a lot of people like my plan. Just picture it, you have all of those games, you're going to be so happy. Some people pay full price for Steam games, they won't put in the effort to shop around. I don't know what their issue is, they're very low energy people. I like the ones that look for a discount, okay?

So I got into the Overwatch beta. Pretty fun so far. Takes a bit to get the hang of it though, every character plays very differently.

I have almost nothing nice to say about the state of the modern RPG (Excepting the rare Japanese breed where mechanics are explored like Etrian Odyssey.). Were I a cleverer man I could perhaps write some sort of definitive treatise as to why everything from Alpha Protocol to Skyrim to Witcher is hopelessly degenerate and unsatisfying from anyone who actually likes gameplay mechanics. No matter how technically effective your open world is (And Bethesda is undeniably effective at that, even back in Oblivion, probably earlier too.), all you are creating is a skinner box of endless plus ones to collect without serious thought.
It's sad times if you're after gameplay mechanics when stuffs like Sanctuary RPG actually offers better combat than modern RPGs though it suffers from other issues... and especially depressing when you find one-man dev muds you played in the 90s had better combat than modern games now.. tinted glasses maybe..

I'm also sadden when folks hail games like Grimrock for being old-school when they're really quite simplistic compared to the games they pay homage to. i.e. I remember being able to squish monsters on doors or push them into traps decades ago instead of just repetitive burn-down-the-hpbar. They're just simpler versions with better graphics.

I blame the MMO generation/wave though.. and these are really what all these "open world rpgs" are.. single player action MMOs, some with loot-whoring/grind and boring repetitive fetch quests. If folks liked your storyline or if your world is big/varied enough for them to endlessly walk around, it magically makes your game acceptable over all the other assert-flipping walking simulators out there. Actually, even if the world's boring, the gameplay/controls/UI's atrocious, some people might like it if you offer them other people to grieve!

But yeah, more and more of them are going the FPS route too and taking away even more game mechanics (i.e. bethesda games) Some others offer simplistic dating sims party companions that could have offered interesting mechanics but are mostly wasted as AI bots that follow you around with the exact same skills but shooting red beams instead of blue. No in-game micro-transactions (yet) though for these sold as single player games.

They'll keep making these as long as folks keep buying them and calling them great... because it's profitable/easy/safer than trying to be innovative - they can keep using the same engine, the same gameworld, change/progress the story forward some (or backwards) and make the next iteration of the same game. If it's popular enough, they can even make movies out of it! If it's not, they're just do the exact same in another setting and give it a new brand.

Sorry, rant over. Maybe I'm just too old and bitter for modern gaming.

Since I got the "Made in Hell" bundle from Blade, which has Lucius II, I figured I'd give Lucius (1) another try, u know to make sure I don't miss out on the important story points (tee hee).  Keerist, that game controls like shit, the chores can bite my hiney and generally it just isn't worth my time...f dat game....

[customspoiler=In my day...these damned kids...etc etc]
It's sad times if you're after gameplay mechanics when stuffs like Sanctuary RPG actually offers better combat than modern RPGs though it suffers from other issues... and especially depressing when you find one-man dev muds you played in the 90s had better combat than modern games now.. tinted glasses maybe..

I'm also sadden when folks hail games like Grimrock for being old-school when they're really quite simplistic compared to the games they pay homage to. i.e. I remember being able to squish monsters on doors or push them into traps decades ago instead of just repetitive burn-down-the-hpbar. They're just simpler versions with better graphics.

I blame the MMO generation/wave though.. and these are really what all these "open world rpgs" are.. single player action MMOs, some with loot-whoring/grind and boring repetitive fetch quests. If folks liked your storyline or if your world is big/varied enough for them to endlessly walk around, it magically makes your game acceptable over all the other assert-flipping walking simulators out there. Actually, even if the world's boring, the gameplay/controls/UI's atrocious, some people might like it if you offer them other people to grieve!

But yeah, more and more of them are going the FPS route too and taking away even more game mechanics (i.e. bethesda games) Some others offer simplistic dating sims party companions that could have offered interesting mechanics but are mostly wasted as AI bots that follow you around with the exact same skills but shooting red beams instead of blue. No in-game micro-transactions (yet) though for these sold as single player games.

They'll keep making these as long as folks keep buying them and calling them great... because it's profitable/easy/safer than trying to be innovative - they can keep using the same engine, the same gameworld, change/progress the story forward some (or backwards) and make the next iteration of the same game. If it's popular enough, they can even make movies out of it! If it's not, they're just do the exact same in another setting and give it a new brand.
[/customspoiler]
I've been playing games a long ass time too and I don't see MMOs as being what's been watering down Bethesda's games, assuming one does consider them watered down. Bethesda's been doing them way longer than anyone else. They're an odd software house from the 90s that somehow survived without being swallowed up by a big company like all the others.

I remember playing Daggerfall and that was open world before open world was really a thing. You can still see some of that lineage in their newer games and even more so from 2002's Morrowind (which pre-dates WoW and the MMO craze).

If anything I blame consoles. If you look at the jump between Morrowind and Oblivion that's when things started to get simplified and whitewashed but Elder Scrolls also had fetch quests and click spam action combat and it never had significant choice and consequence, even back in the 90s.

I guess peepee left the Panda group or some such Spanican stuffs.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ofertasdeunpanda#announcements/detail/75794571742184642
Administracion
NOVEMBER 11 - SAGAMARU
Parece ser que pepe dejo el grupo, y se le paso a otro usuario y este borro a personas y se fue, y ahora soy yo el admin del grupo.

Como el grupo es grande no voy a borrarlo ni a echar a nadie, el que quiera entrar podeis invitarlo de nuevo todos.
Yo Tomasety what's the novella drama? Inquiring minds want to know.

bah, I wanted more Univision drama.

ShxqpFb.gif

I guess it's nice to know I won't get kicked out of this group where I don't know what the fuck they are saying. Seems like there were other CAGs in it but now only Soulkyo and I are. Hmm.

Hey, bros!

I'll be doing my Extra Life stream a few weeks late this year, on the 21st of November. In order to not clog up the thread with giveaways, I'll be creating a Steam group tonight when I get home to handle all that jazz. I'll be giving away like 500 Steam keys and other stuff, and I will start tonight, so anyone who donates now has a pretty good chance of getting games they want. And if no one else donates, Fox gets it all.

Here is the link to donate. Five bucks gets you into the Steam group, twenty gets you into the spanky spanky party. Just leave your Steam name in the notes area.
I'll match dollar for dollar anyone who donates any time on November 12th. (going by the date listed on the Extra Life donations page)

Max $200.

[RPG Critique]

I think the other thing that hurt so called "role-playing" + decision-making was back in the day, everything was NOT voice-acted. Baldur's Gate + Planescape: Torment were like this. Hell, even NWN was not loaded w/ voice-acting galore, just here and there when it was necessary. Only important dialogue/lines + quests here and there were possibly voice-acted (which often was stuff that every player would see, no matter their choice), allowing for often a lot more choices and options to be available for the player to make. Just let the writers and text do most of the talking + leave the game open to tons of choices like a Planescape: Torment would offer up. Nowadays, w/ so much voice-acting, I think more emphasis goes in that than often say having tons of choices for the player to decide between.

About UI - I think BethSoft's biggest problem w/ games like Skyrim + Fallout 3 has been the lack of categories - there just normally ain't enough of them, so you could be there all day going through your list of stuff. Seriously, who the hell in Fallout would want one category for weapons? I ain't got all day to go through the entire list of every weapon, scrolling up and down. That's even worse than not breaking up weapons b/t melee and guns; especially since FO series has so many guns. There should be separate categories for the following: machine guns; assault rifles; hand-guns; heavy guns; hand-to-hand weapons (i.e. power gloves + brass knuckles would fit under here); melee weapons (i.e. bats, sledgehammers, golf clubs would fit under this) ; etc etc. Even this as a small start would make things a bit easier for dealing w/ Bethesda's UI.

Sanctuary RPG got added to my "pick up in a bundle" list. Thanks.

That said, I'm not too sure RPGs have ever been all that good a genre beyond the hokey fun simulationist appeal. You'd have to trace their routes back to P&P, back to classic wargames, and figure out if those were anything more than dice chucking crapfests and then trace them back up through their growth. The mechanics are so muddled and tangled these days I really don't think I'd feel comfortable reporting on what's good as an RPG without a bit more knowledge. I can call the modern day stuff crap but fixing it is a tougher ordeal. I think it's easy to say why, say, classic X-Com is better than classic Fallout (Or even modern X-Com better than classic Fallout) in terms of conflict resolution gameplay... but then since FO's design encompasses a great deal more than just combat, where are you supposed to draw the line.

That's why I support EO and Lost Dimension and, though it's even less an RPG, VC because they are focused on the combat, on the actual gameplay, and have meaty skill trees/strategy to work through. That cuts out the stuff you think of when you think BG, FO2, etc... but if you subtract the combat, what are you left with? An adventure game hybrid? Which is almost exactly what QFG4 was. And that was downright groundbreaking as far as open-world sort of exploration, mixed with linearish puzzles and some unfortunate stat-grind.

I've been playing games a long ass time too and I don't see MMOs as being what's been watering down Bethesda's games, assuming one does consider them watered down. Bethesda's been doing them way longer than anyone else. They're an odd software house from the 90s that somehow survived without being swallowed up by a big company like all the others.

I remember playing Daggerfall and that was open world before open world was really a thing. You can still see some of that lineage in their newer games and even more so from 2002's Morrowind (which pre-dates WoW and the MMO craze).

If anything I blame consoles. If you look at the jump between Morrowind and Oblivion that's when things started to get simplified and whitewashed but Elder Scrolls also had fetch quests and click spam action combat and it never had significant choice and consequence, even back in the 90s.
I don't think simplification is a bad thing. At some point you have to figure out what point the stats serve. I look at game design and I generally rate the ideal as zero stat influence, which more RPG-ish mechanics always dragging the game down, so I'm a bit biased but... really, it's an important question. It's easy to say why there's an N frame lag on one of Dante's attacks before you can dodge. But then why are you assigning numeric stats to the character that trump the player's own skill? Are you shooting for a 200 hour grind to avoid being ignored as a game that only "lasts 8 hours?" Drip feeding player rewards? How much stronger do you really want the player to grow over the course of the game and are you certain you can balance for that growth? Better devs than you have tried and the numbers have escaped them when they let the stat growth get out of hand...

I haven't touched an MMO but I don't think the MMO is that huge of an impact. For certain games, yes, but the rush to open world exploration and copy-paste has been from so many other different design directions that I really don't think MMOs are the culprit. Anyone who made a 3D Fallout 3 would be looking toward a massive explorable wasteland and would almost end up designing a very Bethesda-style game almost by default.

Sorry, I tried to come up with a clear thesis as I was writing this and nothing comes to mind. I can't figure out RPG game design versus good game design so in general I'm agin' it when it comes to all RPG mechanics.

Sanctuary RPG got added to my "pick up in a bundle" list. Thanks.
It was in this month's Humble $12 digital surprise box. :p It was also in an old Humble Weekly RPG Book II bundle and in an old free Poopees Giveback bundle, though the latter wasn't the 'deluxe' edition and you had to IM the dev on Steam to request a key.

If you missed those some bundle collectors might have an extra of it to unload so you can try the cess pool.

*Edited to add: It's ASCII though so it's beyond old school.

Rolling Skull would have quite the refined palette... were it not for his love of animu trash.
I am a disgrace to America.

I think the other thing that hurt so called "role-playing" + decision-making was back in the day, everything was NOT voice-acted. Baldur's Gate + Planescape: Torment were like this. Hell, even NWN was not loaded w/ voice-acting galore, just here and there when it was necessary. Only important dialogue/lines + quests here and there were possibly voice-acted (which often was stuff that every player would see, no matter their choice), allowing for often a lot more choices and options to be available for the player to make. Just let the writers and text do most of the talking + leave the game open to tons of choices like a Planescape: Torment would offer up.

About UI - I think BethSoft's biggest problem w/ games like Skyrim + Fallout 3 has been the lack of categories - there just normally ain't enough of them, so you could be there all day going through your list of stuff. Seriously, who the hell in Fallout would want one category for weapons? I ain't got all day to go through the entire list of every weapon, scrolling up and down. That's even worse than not breaking up weapons b/t melee and guns; especially since FO series has so many guns. There should be separate categories for the following: machine guns; assault rifles; hand-guns; heavy guns; hand-to-hand weapons (i.e. power gloves + brass knuckles would fit under here); melee weapons (i.e. bats, sledgehammers, golf clubs would fit under this) ; etc etc. Even this as a small start would make things a bit easier for dealing w/ Bethesda's UI.
It's also the increased cost of developing content. Everything needs ever more expensive art assets, scenarios, level design, etc. The voicework is a big thing but there's almost no feasible way to craft a big branching finale these days. Major changes and alternate paths will create massive additional work that most players are never going to see. So the best you get is the usual CYOA style final battle where "If you made friends with blah blah turn to page 72 HO FRIEND WE WILL FIGHT THIS BATCH FOR YOU else enter combat."

Witcher 2 made you play about 50-60% of the game twice (Or load a save if you knew it was coming.) to see a unique 30% of the game and I don't think I could articulate how that helped the plot at all. (Of course Witcher 2 managed to make asshole kings, spies, gay evil wizards, dragons, and massive political schemes into something so incredibly dull and bloodless so that game had problems beyond the branching paths.)

bah, I wanted more Univision drama.

ShxqpFb.gif

I guess it's nice to know I won't get kicked out of this group where I don't know what the fuck they are saying. Seems like there were other CAGs in it but now only Soulkyo and I are. Hmm.
That must be a different group than the latinobro group I am in.

I need recommendations for couch co-op games with full controller support. Preferably for 3+ people, and playing simultaneously.
I haven't played it yet, but Rocket League says it has Local Co-Op and Full Controller support. Not sure how many players.

Brawlhalla is pretty fun and F2P and has both, not sure how many players but it has to be at least 4 I think.

Others include Dungeon Defenders, Batlleblock Theatre, Speedrunners, Serious Sam 3, Awesomenauts, Sonic and All Star Racing... and Goat Simulator apparently...

I'll match dollar for dollar anyone who donates any time on November 12th. (going by the date listed on the Extra Life donations page)

Max $200.
You always do it after I donate. Well fine. I will donate some more, but only because I want an invite to the spanky spanky party and not because of your generous offer.

Why would you beg for a $6 game if you can email your own screenshots and get your own copy? I don't think anyone's going to have an extra, aside from one person I know of that didn't exactly get his keys legitimately.
Beg......? I won't have access to my pc until this weekend due to work and who knows what whim Nordic will be on by then. Just seeing if any CAG would help out a CAG in need, which one did. No need to get your panties twisted. Occasionally work > games as hard as that is to believe.

Although I guess I could just send someone else's screenshot in as that appears to work.

Beg......? I won't have access to my pc until this weekend due to work and who knows what whim Nordic will be on by then. Just seeing if any CAG would help out a CAG in need, which one did. No need to get your panties twisted. Occasionally work > games as hard as that is to believe.

Although I guess I could just send someone else's screenshot in as that appears to work.
You have access to a web browser correct? You can access the same info from any web browser, logging in to the steam store, then going to your account details.

You always do it after I donate. Well fine. I will donate some more, but only because I want an invite to the spanky spanky party and not because of your generous offer.
Well if he woulda let me know the actual starting date I could have co-ordinated, but apparently he didn't remember last year. Dude needs to be on some Namenda.

Doesn't take much effort at all to take screenshots and send them to Nordic, as Trav had posted before me. Now I can understand if you had tried emailing Nordic before and Nordic didn't get back to you, but you didn't.

I think it's a shitty thing to do when you owned the game+DLC, didn't bother to email Nordic, and abused someone's generosity because you were busy with "work" which didn't seem to stop anyone else from emailing Nordic.

I don't normally care if people beg on here, but that looked like an extreme case to me.

Well if he woulda let me know the actual starting date I could have co-ordinated, but apparently he didn't remember last year. Dude needs to be on some Namenda.
First off; you are very generous with your offer to match. Big shout out to Jshackles, Squirrel and others that already did their extra life. Thank you also to Dr. Sasquatch for his upcoming stream effort for extra life. I am not trying to miss anyone that has taken on the take and responsibility for a 24 hour stream to raise funds (insert favorite "think about the children line" here). It is really nice to see people that support charity directly or via donations.

@Travathian; if you check the donation side of Dr. Sasquatch's site, several people donated today so FoxyPie was not alone and was not trying to moran it. (haha)

I thought most people tried donepezil prior to namenda. Either that are some good old fashion adderall/ritalin/meth.

In other gaming news ; Diablo 3 PTR patch 2.4 is open. gotta craft them all

what does one get for the 1337.00 donation?
Bad Rats? Bad Rats.

I would be banned for life for writing your actual award on here. Donate and find out wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

it's not a trap

For UK CAGs:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/exclusive-fallout-4-accessory-bundle/640-3626.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=640-3626&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

Fallout 4 "accessory bundle" featuring T-shirt, bottle opener, bobble-head and A BOX.

Only £12.50 delivered. Reduced from £29.99.

That's a sweet price for a box.

:whee:
Over here, box has another meaning.

And if it weighs twelve and a half pounds...

Max $200.
Thanks for doing this again, Trav! Other than Bill Gates, you were my biggest donor last year. I will try to figure out the exact second when the 12th starts on Extra Life and make a post detailing some of the sweet prizes.

Anyone have an extra key for the Darksiders II Deathinitive edition or w/e its called? I keep forgetting to jump through the screenshot hoops after I get home from these long ass shifts. Been hoping Motoki will just beat them into submission but it looks like they're going to be stubborn.

If not hopefully the email offer thing will still be going on this weekend.
What do you have to show to them to get the game? I have both DS games if that is enough for the key.

I need recommendations for couch co-op games with full controller support. Preferably for 3+ people, and playing simultaneously.
Broforce

Crimsonland

Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara

Gauntlet

Jamestown

Meltdown

Phantom Breaker

Rayman Origins/Legends

Spelunky

Max $200.
Okay, guys! It's 11/12 as far as Extra Life is concerned! Dropping a new batch of codes for people in the group of course, but CHECK THIS:

Anyone who donates ten bucks today gets entered into THE HUNGER GAMES OF FREE... uhh... games. Yeah a Hunger Games style tournament (thanks, Bobby) where you can Spoder all the games even better than Spoder*

You want DYING LIGHT? You can win it! You want DEPTH or SOME GAME I FORGOT or a ten dollar steam game OF YOUR CHOICE?? You can win dat shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In addition to that I am going to Oprah games all over the place, so hold onto your BUTTS

and donate right here, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*maybe

Off the top of my head, not sure about quantity of players; Double Dragons (Trilogy should come back around on sale on GoG soon but probably only 2 players), Dungeon Siege 3, How to Survive (on Humble right now), Nation Red (survive waves only so maybe not appealing), Magicka, Renegade Ops, Lara Croft GOL is awesome but only 2 players.

bread's done
Back