Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I actually want that goofy ass Jerry Rice dog game so we best get those damned keys or I will come out ripping asshole indie devs a new asshole retirement.

No.

If you own a game on steam and try to activate a used or unused key for it, it'll say you already own it.

Only way to know if a key is used (without contacting support, if that would even work, I've heard it mentioned though) would be to try it on an account that doesn't own the game.
This is probably my biggest desired improvement for Steam - a way to tell if keys have been redeemed or not. It would be nice if Valve added an intermediate step that shows the key contents, notes what is/isn't owned, and asks you to confirm before redeeming.

Last edited by a moderator:
what Steam can tell you is the day you activated a license for a game on Steam. typically upper right hand corner of Steam is your Steam account name/ click that then account details, then select view licenses and product key activations, you can then search using control F to search for the title of the game.  If you have the enhanced steam (recommended) plug in, it should also tell you when you activated a title when you pull up the title i.e. pull up gun monkeys store page and enhanced steam will tell you the date it was activated on your account.

hope that helps.  Most people that buy bundles end up using a spreadsheet to organize their keys ie duplicates for trading, selling, gifting

This is probably my biggest desired improvement for Steam - a way to tell if keys have been redeemed or not. It would be nice if Valve added an intermediate step that shows the key contents, notes what is/isn't owned, and asks you to confirm before redeeming.
Nothing in it for Valve though. They don't make a penny on 3rd party retail keys so they have no incentive to make using those keys easier on you.

They don't let people do any of these things because it'd be really easy for someone to steal keys using web scripts and such.
It's very easy already, using SteamKit for example.

YUnYseb.png

You can skip two of lines if you don't need async support

Harder part is coding bot looking for codes all over internet. and not getting ratelimited (I think it's 10 activation per hour per account, successful or not )

Caught this on Facebook.

There's a 50% off coupon "COMPUTERLOVE" on almost any title [can use only once per account] on Direct2Drive for Valentine's Day.

Will dig around and see what I can get for half-off, if there's anything worthwhile.

Looks like one could get GTA5 (Non-Steam) for $20.

$40 on sale then 50% off stacked = $20, as it's showing in cart.

EDIT:

And purchased. Went through.

It's very easy already, using SteamKit for example.

YUnYseb.png

You can skip two of lines if you don't need async support

Harder part is coding bot looking for codes all over internet. and not getting ratelimited (I think it's 10 activation per hour per account, successful or not )
Leave it to madjoki to code a bot that does this.

EDIT:

I hate that the majority of keys are not for Steam for GTA5. How am I suppose to look cool if my friends don't know what I'm playing? It's that same lonely feeling I get when turning on my WiiU.

Okay bought XCom2 for $30 from D2D. At that price without having to resort to some shady ass site it's worth it to me, especially since 2K seems to have gotten somewhat chintzier with their sales of late.

Would the D2D coupon work on Pillars of Eternity? That would bring it down to $15.
I didn't try it on that specifically but if it works on X-Com 2 I would imagine it would work on just about anything.

Okay bought XCom2 for $30 from D2D. At that price without having to resort to some shady ass site it's worth it to me, especially since 2K seems to have gotten somewhat chintzier with their sales of late.

I didn't try it on that specifically but if it works on X-Com 2 I would imagine it would work on just about anything.
I tried Division pre-order and no go. So it seems it works on everything but pre-orders.

I tried to buy X-Com2 with COMPUTERLOVE and says it's not eligible.

Add Coupon Fail
This coupon is not valid for the products in your cart.
Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe they hurried up and changed it? I kind of thought they might go 'oh shit!' about letting that game go at half off so I didn't play around and bought it right away when I got that coupon to work on it.

Maybe they hurried up and changed it? I kind of thought they might go 'oh shit!' about letting that game go at half off so I didn't play around and bought it right away when I got that coupon to work on it.
Thanks for the answer. I will keep trying...

[ ]'s

The coupon works on Assassin's Creed Chronicles (Uplay) - $24.99 $12.49

It includes all three games in the Chronicles series: India, China, and Russia (which was just released Feb. 9th). So ~$4.15 each.

Kind of tempting, but Ass. Creed games all hit $4.99 eventually. Plus the Chronicle games will probably go even lower or end up in another Ubisoft Humble bundle.

Why did I even bring this deal up in the first place? /sigh

Yup, they fixed it. Nice grab.

Caught this on Facebook.

There's a 50% off coupon "COMPUTERLOVE" on almost any title [can use only once per account] on Direct2Drive for Valentine's Day.

Will dig around and see what I can get for half-off, if there's anything worthwhile.

EDIT:

Bought one too, would have missed this if not for you MysterD!

Caught this on Facebook.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qh9K48lCMQ

Was able to grab the Pillars of Eternity Expansion Pass for $12.50.  Pretty good considering White March II isn't even released yet and White March I has been going on sale for about $10 by itself.

I hate that the majority of keys are not for Steam for GTA5. How am I suppose to look cool if my friends don't know what I'm playing? It's that same lonely feeling I get when turning on my WiiU.
If you have to have it on Steam - understandable.

If you don't mind having a Non-Steam version, then do this:

Add the EXE as Non-Steam game; then in Steam Library right-click on the EXE so you can rename the EXE's name in Properties as "Grand Theft Auto V (RSSC)" or whatever the hell you want to name it (so it appears as that in Steam Library). Now all of Steam knows, when you're signed into Steam and run that EXE link via your Steam Libary. :)

Unfortunately, when adding Non-Steam games to Steam - you won't have all Steam benefits of Steam-version patching, Steam Achievements, Steam time-tracking, Steam-Cloud support, and all of that cool Steam stuff.

Normally, if I go the Non-Steam route on a game, I just use Raptr to time-track my game (as long as Raptr supports - and if the game's been out a bit, usually it is supported).

RSSC games' Achievements should wind-up on their service, BTW.

Was able to grab the Pillars of Eternity Expansion Pass for $12.50. Pretty good considering White March II isn't even released yet and White March I has been going on sale for about $10 by itself.
Hmm, $27.50 for the whole thing.

Anyone know if the White March stuff is mixed in with the campaign or is it all post game?

Hmm, $27.50 for the whole thing.

Anyone know if the White March stuff is mixed in with the campaign or is it all post game?
Not entirely sure as it is something I have been looking into as well. I read awhile ago to make sure you create a save before the end portion of the game (you jump in a pit, hard to miss) because White March I is from a quest giver in one of the cities and you can't go back. No idea about White March II, it comes out this coming week I believe so once its released hopefully someone will post somewhere about the best way going about to play them.

Pillars of Eternity is great, lots of reading which can get a little tiresome at times but I loved the game. I pre ordered PoE from Nuuvem before it was locked for $20, so $27.50 for everything seems like a great price to me.

I'm banking around 20-22 MB per second on this download from the RSSC severs for GTA5 PC (Non-Steam). Not bad.

Certainly is better than what I do on Steam, sometimes - i.e. which can wildly vary.

33004245.jpg

EDIT:

Thumbs majorly down to that, since a lot of Remedy's game are on Steam + since who knows if Microsoft will half-ass this service...or worse, if you remember how horribly piss-poor G4WL was. Meh. I hate exclusive stuff - I'd rather it be everywhere & let the gamers make their own choice.

I'd have probably picked up Fallout 4 for 50% off... too bad that didn't work. However, I did grab Cities Skylines for $7.49, which makes me happy.

Cities Skylines is $7.50 with that coupon code on Direct2Drive too. That's a historic low, right? 

Edit: Curses, Hal'ed

bread's done
Back