Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Must have powered it on after joining the event. But it really wasn't too bad with the keys. I just couldn't figure out how to use that awful "peace" power that nullifies items.

I fully endorse you as official CAG guinea pig. GO FORTH and buy that probably terrible bundle
hahaha since i haven't been in the bundle game for long i usually don't have to worry about duplicates....at least not yet. But you are most likely right and it will most likely be terrible.

got an email today promoting this https://stacksocial.com/sales/steamcrate-6-month-subscription I have never heard of steam crate, but looked up their website and seems like its decent and similar to the humble monthly. Comes out to just a little over $12/month with this sub. They also have a 3-month sub deal for $39.99. I might try it out and see what happens, but sure most of you will probably have most of what they offer.
Sorta like the monthly, but instead of getting games that will be bundled later you get games that were already bundled or given away for free. Can't believe they charged anywhere near humble monthly price for that picha's crate in particular.

hahaha since i haven't been in the bundle game for long i usually don't have to worry about duplicates....at least not yet. But you are most likely right and it will most likely be terrible.
Stacksocial has done a few bundles before, and they were all pretty mediocre aside from maybe 1 or 2 standout games (I think Blades of Time was in one of them which was decent at the time). Steamcrate looks like a waste of money

I went to the steamcrate website and watched an "unboxing" video for it on youtube. Looks terrible. Guy on youtube got Mortal Kombat X but the rest of his bundle was complete trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the steamcrate website and watched an "unboxing" video for it on youtube. Looks terrible. Guy on youtube got Mortal Kombat X but the rest of his bundle was complete trash.
Yeah I watched another video and the guy got Alien Isolation + some DLC and Batman Origins. Rest was trash, but one of the keys he redeemed was a dupe LOL.

I hope no cags sub for this shit, it's like subbing to 6 months worth of GMG mystery bundles. pls don't do it!

Yeah I watched another video and the guy got Alien Isolation + some DLC and Batman Origins. Rest was trash, but one of the keys he redeemed was a dupe LOL.

I hope no cags sub for this shit, it's like subbing to 6 months worth of GMG mystery bundles. pls don't do it!
Man, if that crate is worth 61 pounds, British currency must be tanking worse than I imagined.

Flow, do you need us to send you a care package? Have the queues started for ration coupons?

I watched a few more videos. Mostly of the same dude. The best games they got were The Evil Within, Wolfenstein The New Order, DmC, Shadow of Mordor, Bioshock Infinite, and Lego Batman 2 all in different Steamcrates. Seems like you get 2 AAA games MAX per steamcrate if you're lucky. Better off trading for them or buying during sales. I'm going to assume the guys that do these steamcrate videos aren't actually paying out of pocket for this shit, and are all sponsored by Steamcrate.. otherwise I've lost all hope for humanity.

Flow, do you need us to send you a care package? Have the queues started for ration coupons?
I appreciate the sentiment, but it's gonna be ok. We've just appointed a Sith Lord as Prime Minister:

13150_Theresa-May-scary.jpg

I'm pretty sure she was in Slitherin, too.

I watched a few more videos. Mostly of the same dude.[...] I'm going to assume the guys that do these steamcrate videos aren't actually paying out of pocket for this shit, and are all sponsored by Steamcrate.. otherwise I've lost all hope for humanity.
They're paid by your page views on their "unboxing" video and associated ads. You're part of the problem!

So - anyone here use Steamcompanion?  I see the following on their site:  

"My hosting provider told me that the HD is spitting out write errors. They said they'll need to replace the HD and reinstall the OS.   Not sure how long this will take. I need to set up the server again and I'm hoping to recover all the data necessary."

I think they were using refurbished Hitachi Ultrastar drives.

Her screenshots have successfully prevented me from being interested in ever purchasing any visual novels.

In-Game Item Trading Update
Announcement - Valve
12:49pm
In 2011, we added a feature to Steam that enabled users to trade in-game items as a way to make it easier for people to get the items they wanted in games featuring in-game economies.

Since then a number of gambling sites started leveraging the Steam trading system, and there’s been some false assumptions about our involvement with these sites. We’d like to clarify that we have no business relationships with any of these sites. We have never received any revenue from them. And Steam does not have a system for turning in-game items into real world currency.

These sites have basically pieced together their operations in two-part fashion. First, they are using the OpenID API as a way for users to prove ownership of their Steam accounts and items. Any other information they obtain about a user's Steam account is either manually disclosed by the user or obtained from the user’s Steam Community profile (when the user has chosen to make their profile public). Second, they create automated Steam accounts that make the same web calls as individual Steam users.

Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements. We are going to start sending notices to these sites requesting they cease operations through Steam, and further pursue the matter as necessary. Users should probably consider this information as they manage their in-game item inventory and trade activity.

-Erik Johnson

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

RIP. My CS:GO case value hehe.

In-Game Item Trading Update
Announcement - Valve
12:49pm
In 2011, we added a feature to Steam that enabled users to trade in-game items as a way to make it easier for people to get the items they wanted in games featuring in-game economies.

Since then a number of gambling sites started leveraging the Steam trading system, and there’s been some false assumptions about our involvement with these sites. We’d like to clarify that we have no business relationships with any of these sites. We have never received any revenue from them. And Steam does not have a system for turning in-game items into real world currency.

These sites have basically pieced together their operations in two-part fashion. First, they are using the OpenID API as a way for users to prove ownership of their Steam accounts and items. Any other information they obtain about a user's Steam account is either manually disclosed by the user or obtained from the user’s Steam Community profile (when the user has chosen to make their profile public). Second, they create automated Steam accounts that make the same web calls as individual Steam users.

Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements. We are going to start sending notices to these sites requesting they cease operations through Steam, and further pursue the matter as necessary. Users should probably consider this information as they manage their in-game item inventory and trade activity.

-Erik Johnson
http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

RIP. My CS:GO case value hehe.

Inb4 they completely remove the ability to sell CS:GO items altogether.

O3bwwHN.png

Thank god I just sold my knife today. Sux I still have about $500 in pre-lotto nerf sticker caps in inventory

I don't think it's time to start panicing yet. I see valve's annoucement merely as a warning instead of a real action.

If they wanted they could just shut down apis. Valve is known to not take drastic measures unless they have to.

bread's done
Back