Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm shocked I'm typing this... but I think I just found my fastest client for downloads. Uplay.

Seriously, everyone and laugh at that and then comeback and read the rest of this...

I seriously just downloaded the 18 GB Steep beta in less than 5-7 minutes. (I really wish I had timed it as while all my DL go fast I'm pretty sure that just beat the Steam's best speed.)
That must be because you were the only one downloading anything from Uplay.

*ba-dum-tish*

Anyways, Best Buy sale I'll probably be interested in The Division if no-one goes under them, having a computer that can now run it and liking ARPGs and ARPG+ games. 

Free Dirt 3 from Humble does have a expiration date on the code, so if you got it, make sure you use it before it expires (mine was next week iirc). 

On the subject of expiry dates on Humble freebies, I had a spare code for Tropico 4 which was supposed to be expired but activated fine today on my kids account.

4 real. I thought everyone switched to gmail years ago.
AOL is where it's at, bruhs...

aolmail.jpg

Even better if you still can get the old software to work!

And have an old 56K modem!

rs_500x281-140529093858-insta.gif
I actually used dial-up for some reason up until 5 or 6 years ago when Comcast came in the area.

I still have this stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

To think that I Downloaded The Sims Complete Collection over a 52/kb dial-up connection. It took almost 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, back again with another list. This time from GameStop for Black Friday. Not too much, decent prices on those steam machines tho.

PC Section
Alienware Alpha i7 1TB Steam Machine: $375
Intel i7 - 4765T Quad Core
nVidia GeForce GTX 2GB GDDR5 custom GPU
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Steam Controller
Alienware Alpha i3 500GB Steam Machine: $225
Intel i3 - 4130T Dual Core
nVidia GeForce GTX 2GB GDDR5 custom GPU
4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB 7200RPM HDD
Steam Controller
HTC Vive: $800
Steam Link: $35
Steam Controller + Free Case: $35
:pc: Overwatch: $35
:pc: Civilization VI: $40
:pc: World of Warcraft Battlechest: $5
:pc: Starcraft II: $10
:pc: Heart of the Swarm: $10 (This is $8 right now)
:pc: Legacy of the Void: $20
UP TO 85% OFF PC DOWNLOADS

That's the same reason I still have a yahoo.  I can't be bothered to switch all my old stuff.

You should come join the losers protesting down on the streets outside my tower. I'm looking down at them from my penthouse, squishing their tiny heads with my tiny, yet powerful claws.

a person's character is tested when he/she doesn't get what he/she wants.

I walked down the 5th AVE earlier this evening and was at awe.  So much anger and hatred...

a person's character is tested when he/she doesn't get what he/she wants.

I walked down the 5th AVE earlier this evening and was at awe. So much anger and hatred...
Character is also tested when a person and/or their loved ones have their very existence de-legitimized, mocked, and threatened by a person in authority. If you just see people not getting what they wanted, as opposed to a legitimate fear of being robbed of their basic rights, that's your privilege talking. If people had fought back righteously in Germany in 1933...well, who knows?

Hope you had a nice walk, though. I was a little under the weather the last few days but a nice walk and some fresh air this afternoon really did the trick. Cleared my head and cured me of my urge to buy a NES Classic. Still bought a PS4 Pro, though...

Wheee

https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/797221115022053377

Goddamnit.
More importantly, where the hell have you been?!? Yahoo released at least a year ago when it forced password changes that a foreign entity did this. You been living under a box the whole time? fuck 'm I say. If someone wants to steal my $5 off Pizza Hut coupons they are welcome to them as long as my Prime still delivers on time it's all good.

Dammit, you idiots need to keep politics out of this thread.

Don't need to see the whining on both sides on here too. Have enough dumbasses in the world to ignore.

I actually tried that Gamesessions Humble thing. A slight bit unstable (crashed once). Have to either make a Gamesessions account or log in with your Facebook account. I played about 15 minutes and got bombarded 3 times by humble ads trying to get me to buy things. Skyhill was alright....kind of roguelike adventure game with zombies. I will gladly get it bundled. I likely wont try out anymore games unless I really want to try a game. Alright system but still has some kinks.

More importantly, where the hell have you been?!? Yahoo released at least a year ago when it forced password changes that a foreign entity did this. You been living under a box the whole time? fuck 'm I say. If someone wants to steal my $5 off Pizza Hut coupons they are welcome to them as long as my Prime still delivers on time it's all good.

Dammit, you idiots need to keep politics out of this thread.

Don't need to see the whining on both sides on here too. Have enough dumbasses in the world to ignore.

Oh, poor entitled me. I have to skip over a few posts about politics. That's the way this election has affected me and it's so awful. Let's keep it on topic about Yahoo mail.

Goodness, the only reason to stop the politics talk is it reminds me there are idiots like this in the "community" and makes me not want to be a part of it.

WOW THE SAVINGS! THANKS GAMESTOP!
But really, they couldn't throw a $20 steam card with it?

Guess I didn't miss out much by buying mine a month early.

Goodness, the only reason to stop the politics talk is it reminds me there are idiots like this in the "community" and makes me not want to be a part of it.
I said it before, just make talking about politics out of an official politics thread on CAG a bannable offense.
No one is never going to agree with each other which is why it should be kept out of video game topics.

We might as well talk about this sandwich I ate at this point

ZJ0E97D.jpg

will you build a wall around steam?

will you do something about bandwidth caps?

does a trump cat grab itself or a womans you know what?
I'm glad you asked this Admiral. Tremendous, tremendous questions. No, no and both ... sometimes both at the same time.

Also, I'm looking for the best, the very best people to fill my cabinet. I see you're an Admiral, would you be interested in Secretary of Defense? I can always move SarahPalinCat into another position.

How do you de-legitimize an existance? I need to keep a look out in case I see it happening. Maybe I am just in the wrong town (Idaho so that is a definite yes) but one of my good friends (who is black) was mocking all the people losing their shit and going crazy. I just don't see it.

WOW THE SAVINGS! THANKS GAMESTOP!But really, they couldn't throw a $20 steam card with it?Guess I didn't miss out much by buying mine a month early. I said it before, just make talking about politics out of an official politics thread on CAG a bannable offense.No one is never going to agree with each other which is why it should be kept out of video game topics.We might as well talk about this sandwich I ate at this point
ZJ0E97D.jpg
Looks good, what's on that bad boy?

WOW THE SAVINGS! THANKS GAMESTOP!
But really, they couldn't throw a $20 steam card with it?

Guess I didn't miss out much by buying mine a month early.

I said it before, just make talking about politics out of an official politics thread on CAG a bannable offense.
No one is never going to agree with each other which is why it should be kept out of video game topics.

We might as well talk about this sandwich I ate at this point

ZJ0E97D.jpg
Honestly though, I could care less about everyone agreeing. I know we don't/won't. That's not what bothers me.

I'm not so self-absorbed that I think everyone should feel the same way or that this election was just about racism/sexism/homophobia/islamophobia winning. I get that some of the same people voting for Trump voted for Obama last time and they did it because they have legitimate fears about their livelihood/lives in this country.

My main gripe is the whole apathy/annoyance at people for fucking caring. Things are important. Maybe not important to the people complaining, but they're important. We talk about so much dumb, off-topic shit in this thread 99% of the time. Have the fucking courtesy to let people vent for a few days. Skip over it if it bothers you so much. By next week it'll be done and we'll have gone back to being the same stupid, off-topic bain of CAG's existence that we pride ourselves on being. Seriously, I'd much rather read someone defend Trump and be passionate about it, than one more dismissive post about it.

Finally, that sandwich looks too thick to me. All turkey and bacon, not enough club. How was it?

How do you de-legitimize an existance? I need to keep a look out in case I see it happening. Maybe I am just in the wrong town (Idaho so that is a definite yes) but one of my good friends (who is black) was mocking all the people losing their shit and going crazy. I just don't see it.
Wow, a complete lack of empathy, the "I have a Black friend," and the "one Black person represents all black people" arguments all at the same time. Put 2 more in there and you'll have formed the Voltron of ignorance.

Character is also tested when a person and/or their loved ones have their very existence de-legitimized, mocked, and threatened by a person in authority. If you just see people not getting what they wanted, as opposed to a legitimate fear of being robbed of their basic rights, that's your privilege talking. If people had fought back righteously in Germany in 1933...well, who knows?

Hope you had a nice walk, though. I was a little under the weather the last few days but a nice walk and some fresh air this afternoon really did the trick. Cleared my head and cured me of my urge to buy a NES Classic. Still bought a PS4 Pro, though...
Trump isn't even in office yet. If you want to protest (not riot) when he actually does something, go ahead. But for now, I see this as nothing but acting out because they lost the election. You better hope nothing happens to Trump because Pence is a die hard bible thumping evangelical who will do exactly what you think Trump will. I actually look for Republicans to try to impeach him ASAP so they can get Pence running the show, since Pence can be controlled.

Trump is a Democrat who pretended to be a Republican so he could get their votes. The most hilarious time was when he was carrying the Bible around in Iowa. Anybody could see that was fake. I have no idea how he will govern.

I don't think it's apathy.  All the protesting and the "he's not my president" people just comes off as really foolish.  Trump is still GOING to be president in January.  All the denial in the world isn't going to change that.  That's like going out into the streets and protesting McDonalds or interracial marriage.  It's still going to be there tomorrow.  Shouting at traffic isn't going to change that.  You just look like an idiot. 

It's all what ifs. I can understand if there was like oh they're thinking of doing a legislation where one out of every 100 Americans needs to be put in a blender or something, but it's all what ifs. And if Hillary won, there would be a million what ifs the other way too like am I losing my gun or such. I'm more of an adapt and anticipate kind of guy once I feel something is going to happen. Right now it looks like the same old stuff, and it just may be since a lot of our elected officials can't agree on anything and in turn do nothing. I for one and am a wait and see guy and just try to live my life as best as I could and look at my backlog of thousands of games. I don't have time to worry when I could worry about more important things like my local government, my job, my health, etc.... Course if they touch my backlog....well it's personal! 

Trump isn't even in office yet. If you want to protest (not riot) when he actually does something, go ahead. But for now, I see this as nothing but acting out because they lost the election.
Well, of course. Trump threw a lot of traditional norms and civility out the window during the election and won. People feel that the standard political system has failed them and that disregarding civility is the way you get things done. I don't think that they give a shit what people outside their sphere think of them protesting or that people may tut-tut and tell them they're they're being silly or immature.

I say let them protest. Let them protest every day. Let Trump know NOW where the nation is so he knows the stakes.

During the election, you had people talking about a Clinton victory with "Second Amendment Solutions" and "We'll have to assassinate that bitch" and Trump still won. Now it's "Well! I never! People holding signs... how DARE they! Why, back in MY day, we'd simply retire to the reading parlor and discuss our grievances over brandy..."

So I tried the Steep Beta...  Its beautiful, seems to be Ubisofts new norm on PC, and I'm sure there is allot of fun to be had but...  I just don't see a 60 dollar game here.  Maybe I just need more structure.  (Some guy was talking to me but his voice just didn't stand out to me.)

Anyhow the highlight:

https://youtu.be/x9HfFJ1_2Ww

And Beta Codes:

http://steepgame.com/beta-redeem

Friend 1: J9UKY2ZBZG9U
Friend 2: NH2ZB69LYEW9
Friend 3: RBKE9ACXZQMY

Edging back toward on-topic...

I light of current events, I have installed Duke Nukem Forever.  I want to be prepared for the new future.

Everyone says it's not going to be as bad as everyone says.

I hope it's better than the first half hour.

And I'm all out of gum.

Most of the dumb asses out there destroying shit and starting fires probably don't give two shits about the election results. They just see an opportunity to let their dumbassery shine through and probably get away with it under the pretense of protest. It's sad and pathetic all at the same time.

bread's done
Back