Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Holiday Haul:

Forza Horizon 3 + expansion (it's awesome)

FF XIII - Lightning Returns

Hitman - Intro Pack

Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY

Civ VI Deluxe

I can't believe I didn't buy anything.  This is the same feeling I had when I quit WoW a few years back and you feel like you should still be participating but you don't actually care that you aren't.

My Steam Sale haul for those that really care (which is everyone I am sure)-

Gifts-

Booster Trooper

Day of Defeat : Source

Bad Rats Show

Slavistan

Non Gifts-

Battle of Empires : 1914-1918

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition

Fallout 4 Season Pass (I may refund this)

Penumbra Collector's Pack

Salt

Looking for game suggestions: what are some good local co-op games with "action" gameplay similar to Castle Crashers, Gauntlet, Torchlight 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or Diablo? Mainly looking for couch co-op games to play with my wife with controllers and can be isometric, 2D, 3D, whatever.

I was hoping she would like Divinity: Original Sin but the combat is 100% the opposite of her style. Everything else (looks/art, movement, etc.) was right up her alley, though.
Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, LotR War in the North, Kane & Lynch 2, Van Helsing Final Cut, Victor Vran, Trine Series, Orcs Must Die 2, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders. You'd have to check for controller support, but pretty sure most of these are at least partially supported.

I've made a huge mistake

Action Henk:BHMDW-F22QX-DHAV5

House of 1000 Doors Family Secrets : FTXPG-A4RYE-T7E9B

Tribloos 2 : DNJKQ-29G8Y-ECQ4H

Crazy Machines:GZ854-EM6T4-YEV25

Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals:H3TJP-BMG5X-TF6DR

Just noticed that I reached 2,500 games today. Sadly my wishlist probably grew by 100 titles since the beginning of the sale, thanks to activity feeds and discussion/recommendation threads (plus daily queue exhaustion). :shock:

Jezus Christ Steam. The sale ended and they are still telling me a game on Wish List is on sale every freaking hour...
You can fix that by deselecting the first option in your e-mail preferences (find it in account settings page).

SVEvm3G.png

I've made a huge mistake

Action Henk:BHMDW-F22QX-DHAV5

House of 1000 Doors Family Secrets : FTXPG-A4RYE-T7E9B

Tribloos 2 : DNJKQ-29G8Y-ECQ4H

Crazy Machines:GZ854-EM6T4-YEV25

Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals:H3TJP-BMG5X-TF6DR
Thanks for sharing. Sadly, I was too late for Action Henk. Was this in a recent bundle (besides the humble monthly)?

Even though no one cares I did this last year and it was kinda neat.  I kept track of all the games I finished over the course of 2016 and it is kind of sad considering how many games I bought compared to how many I actually played but oh well, first world problems I guess.

The games I finished were:

Pillars of Eternity
Hard Reset
Walking Dead Season 2
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Warhammer 40k: Winter Assault
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Portal Stories: Mel
Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Pillars of Eternity: White March Part I and II
Far Cry3: Blood Dragon
Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm
Transmissions: Element 120
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (wii)
Homefront
The Wolf Among Us
Warhammer End Times: Vermintide + 2 dlc

I enjoyed all the games with the standouts being Pillars of Eternity and Wolf Among Us.  I had already played Day of the Tentacle as a kid, but the remastered version is great and the game itself is very fun.  I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Blood Dragon, I didn't expect much going in. I did Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my 5 year old daughter as player 2 which was neat.  If it wasn't for Legion and the fact that I played mostly only that for 2 or 3 months I'd probably have a few more games on my list.  Good thing I don't have time to raid anymore or that would probably suck away all my time.

With that said, happy new year everyone and may your backlogs grow ever beefier in 2017!

Even though no one cares I did this last year and it was kinda neat. I kept track of all the games I finished over the course of 2016 and it is kind of sad considering how many games I bought compared to how many I actually played but oh well, first world problems I guess.

Pillars of Eternity
Hard Reset
Walking Dead Season 2
Homefront
The Wolf Among Us

I enjoyed all the games with the standouts being Pillars of Eternity and Wolf Among Us. I had already played Day of the Tentacle as a kid, but the remastered version is great and the game itself is very fun. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Blood Dragon, I didn't expect much going in. I did Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my 5 year old daughter as player 2 which was neat. If it wasn't for Legion and the fact that I played mostly only that for 2 or 3 months I'd probably have a few more games on my list. Good thing I don't have time to raid anymore or that would probably suck away all my time.

With that said, happy new year everyone and may your backlogs grow ever beefier in 2017!
I was making a list of games I finished as well as games I started but didn't finish until I realized how embarrassing it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was White March? I started to get Pillars during the sale, but I hesitated because I felt like I needed to buy the DLC to get the most out of the game.
I enjoyed them both. The quests and story are more interesting than the base game and there are some fun fights to be had. The dwarven castle area is pretty cool too. If you like Pillars then you will like the dlc, its just more of the same but a little bit better. They don't tie into the main story so you won't miss anything by not having them, they're just extra higher level areas.

We're posting holiday stuff?

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth 

Arma 3 Apex - 

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth 

I got gifted Bad Rats The Show by Cheaplikeafox.

With no-rush shipping on Amazon Prime, is there any rhyme or reason as to why I sometimes get a $1 credit for digital media, and I sometimes get a credit for frickin' prime pantry?

Kinda off topic, I guess. But it's either this, or I post my sale haul.

Even though no one cares I did this last year and it was kinda neat. I kept track of all the games I finished over the course of 2016 and it is kind of sad considering how many games I bought compared to how many I actually played but oh well, first world problems I guess.

Pillars of Eternity
Hard Reset
Walking Dead Season 2
Homefront
The Wolf Among Us

I enjoyed all the games with the standouts being Pillars of Eternity and Wolf Among Us. I had already played Day of the Tentacle as a kid, but the remastered version is great and the game itself is very fun. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Blood Dragon, I didn't expect much going in. I did Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my 5 year old daughter as player 2 which was neat. If it wasn't for Legion and the fact that I played mostly only that for 2 or 3 months I'd probably have a few more games on my list. Good thing I don't have time to raid anymore or that would probably suck away all my time.

Here's my list of finished games from 2016, from newest to oldest:

08. Dishonored 2 -> Single Player Campaign as Emily Kaldwin = 12-31-2016.
07. Hitman: The Full Experience (2016) -> Story-based Single Player Campaign = 11-11-2016.
06. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -> Single Player Campaign = 10-22-2016.
05. The Walking Dead: Michonne -> Episodes 1+2 = 09-11-2016; Episode 3 = 09-12-2016.
04. DOOM (2016) -> Single Player Campaign = 09-05-2016.
03. Her Story = 07-31-2016.
02. Battlefield: Hardline -> Single Player Campaign = 04-04-2016.
01. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate -> Base-Game - Single Player Campaign = 02-17-2016.

With no-rush shipping on Amazon Prime, is there any rhyme or reason as to why I sometimes get a $1 credit for digital media, and I sometimes get a credit for frickin' prime pantry?

Kinda off topic, I guess. But it's either this, or I post may sale haul.
No idea but it's the same with me. And I often take the digital credit but never the pantry so you would think it'd learn one way or the other.

SeasonalCAG Better To Give Than To Receieve The Herp Haul (In Honor of Motoki No Spoilers):

Christmas Herp (Bad Rats Show) and Random Stuff for TheHangOut
The Floor is Jelly
Gift sent to MIND__LINK

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to MIND__LINK

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle
Gift sent to Carlmundo

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Kyanos

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to hal

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to T1BillionX

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Drabelincoln

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Parallacks

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Neuropod

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Motiv

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to blackpanther

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to ♥NavidadJim

Summer Sale
Gift sent to SSPssp

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Xealot42

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Travathian

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Lord Gorzul

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Blade

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to AuburnRDM

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Madjoki

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Tomasety III

Bad Rats Show
Gift sent to Sepioth

Summer Sale
Gift sent to Wagglesworth

Mighty Gunvolt
Gift sent to T1BillionX
crying_in_the_rain.gif

I only ever see panty anymore... and I've never taken it.
Like Inmate, I haven't seen an offer for a $1 digital something-or-other credit in months. I would actually take and use those. I'm not lazy enough to do my grocery shopping on Amazon yet, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really save any money by doing so.

I've actually been getting $1 digital credits pretty consistently for almost a year or so.  The thing I noticed last year was that in the two to three months leading up to Christmas I was being consistently offered $1 digital credits and then right after Christmas they switched to Pantry credits for a few months, but then switched back to digital and I've been purely digital since then.  If most people value digital credits over pantry credits, then maybe they offer the more valuable incentive during their peak seasons to try to reduce the amount of expedited orders and then afterwards offer the less valuable benefit.  

While I prefer the digital credits, I'll take a pantry credit from time to time and use it to order something ridiculous that I could just go to the grocery to pick up, but I figure I'll make Amazon pay for shipping to send me a box of Cheez-Its or something.  Though I will say every now and then they do have better deals on Pantry than you'd find in the grocery store, most of the time I avoid it because I end up buying a ton of junk food to fill my box that I would just skip at the store.  

Seeing how Sony (or Marvel?) is publishing the next Spiderman game, this doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm still confused as to why some people think it's Transformers that's going away
Historically low prices on Steam are usually a dead giveaway that something's soon to be delisted--particularly in the case of Activision, which is not exactly known for its sales. . . .

Think I finished like 3-4 games in 2016, and one of those might technically been finished in 2017. So figure I should finish my two RPGs of recent purchase, by about 2050 or so.

If you didn't pick up Turok for $4.99 (75% off) during the holiday sale it's the same price as the daily deal. Good opportunity for bundle sacrifice.

Hopefully there's a new Hamble Bundle in 30 minutes, too.

Tried some Concrete Jungle while waiting for the football (soccer) game to start, only 3 campaign missions in but so far it's a pretty fun little puzzle/card game mash-up. Wish they'd let you see what your city looks like once you are done (since once you reach the points in the first row, it gets removed and another added), but only real gripe so far.

Well that and that the expenditure system doesn't seem as interesting as it sounds. Basically if you fill up that bar by playing high value cards, it increases the score you need to reach for new rows. And that, so far, is the issue. Since you have like 5 rows on the screen, it means you have 5 rows to clear at the old value before it goes up, which I'm failing to see why that would make me worry much about the expenditure cost of cards then. 

With Homecoming er, coming up, they want to make sure nobody remembers the Andrew Garfield movies. Not like they remember them as it is, anyway.
Hmm. I only recall there being one. There were TWO!?!

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

...I guess I already forgot.

Judging from my reviews and play times, in 2016 I completed (or played a lot of in the case of non-linear games)

Fallout 4

Dragon's Dogma

SuperHOT

Life is Strange

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Gemini: Heroes Reborn

This War of Mine

Melody's Escape

Killing Floor 2

Dinosaur Hunt

Unravel

Shadow of Mordor

Homefront: The Revolution

DOOM

Rainbow Six: Siege

Dead by Daylight

...and replayed Stalker: SoC

That's actually considerably more games than I would have guessed.  Might be missing a Uplay or Origin game in there.  I almost finished Curse of the Azure Bonds in 2016 as well but still have an evening left to complete it.

bread's done
Back