Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
dang, seems like Horizon: Zero Dawn is the real deal. guess i'll be going into peasant mode next week!
Yeah, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Gerstmann of all reviewers from Giant Bomb actually deliver a 5 star score.

If only this was getting a PC port. Oh, c'mon - everybody knew that was coming.

EDIT:

I was in Natchez, MS yesterday, went into a Wal-Mart for cat litter and house crap and found a Divinity: Original Sin box, which rang up at $9. I thought it was just an apocryphal legend, like non-robot Yetis. That activates as the enhanced edition, right? I actually haven't had a chance to open it yet.
Lucky you....and Foxhack, too.

My local Wally Worlds just ain't had Div: OS...

doctor-who-rain-sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Comix Zone - DYHXY-0MXAF-F59MD

Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore - EEVDF-VJ8V7-Q5CBY

Total War Attila: Blood and Burning - E3T98-QGWD5-V3VK4

Shogun 2 Blood Pack - E2YC3-LZ37K-DDLG3

Starting March 1 I will finally have to pay tax on Amazon purchases.   Horizon: Zero Dawn will be my last tax-free Amazon purchase I suppose.  

:-({|=

Starting March 1 I will finally have to pay tax on Amazon purchases. Horizon: Zero Dawn will be my last tax-free Amazon purchase I suppose.

:-({|=
Well, if you are in OK, you were supposed to be paying(use tax) all along. :Lol:

Cringe game is cringe regardless of politics.

Shovel Knight: Spectre of Torment is coming in April.

No specific date yet, but that will be when the game is split up and the content will collectively cost more than it does now.
It's going to be $25. Price may increase further when the King campaign and battle mode is released.

dang, seems like Horizon: Zero Dawn is the real deal. guess i'll be going into peasant mode next week!
Yeah, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Gerstmann of all reviewers from Giant Bomb actually deliver a 5 star score.
Gonna just come out and break the news now. I watched it streamed by a leaker for a number of hours (guy finished it on hard mode in about 25 hours) and it's a mediocre game that's only getting fellated because of the graphics (which are admittedly impressive aside from the draw distance fog and some of the animations/faces) and the subpar cinematic story (mostly its implications, the actual story is a fucking mess). Gerstmann and all the other usual suspects are either buying into the hype or being wink wink nudge nudged by Sony.

The only review I found to be anywhere near honest was the USGamer one which is far from kind to it. Unsurprisingly, Sony fanboys have flocked to the article in droves to scream bloody murder at the author. Supposedly the Eurogamer (owned by the same parent company) review isn't too nice either. I guess Sony forgot to pay off their owners.

If I had to give it a score, it'd be 6 out of 10. Maybe 7 if you really love and haven't gotten sick of the open world stuff Ubisoft is flooding the market with (Far Cry, Ass Creed, The Division, Watch_Dogs, upcoming Ghost Recon... etc)

I can elaborate more/answer some questions if anyone wants.

tl;dr Go buy other new PS4 exclusives like Nioh or Nier: Automata that are actually good instead of this crap.

Is Escalation missing anything? Or is the base game now completely redundant?
Well, they've merged together now, so I don't think you can even buy the base game separately. I just noticed yesterday that, as a previous owner of the base game, I now also own Escalation. I'm not sure how that works with new key activations, but I would assume that it would give you both?

This is the kind of shovelware that most of us are hoping will go away when Steam gets rid of Greenlight. I mean, it probably won't because Valve seems to just kind-of pretend to give a sh*t about the quality of stuff on Steam going down the tubes and periodically gives lip-service acknowledgement to the fact that 3/4 of stuff that shows up now is garbage. However, it would be nice to go back to the good old days when having your game on Steam actually meant something other than your Mom loaned you $100 and you had bought some Humble Gamemaker Bundles. The meme-based games were cute the first, I don't know, let's say, three times, and now they just make me want to gouge out someone's eyes. 99.9% of these things exist as a way for devs to make money from cards and they don't give any more of a rat's ass than Valve because most of them are two guys in a basement in Russia, like this last one here.

[/rant]

My local Wally Worlds just ain't had Div: OS...
doctor-who-rain-sad.gif
Yeah, I just happened to stumble on one that had probably had that copy on a shelf for quite a few years. I wouldn't expect any of them to restock or anything. Do Wal-Marts shuttle backstock among different stores? Is that a thing?

my condolences...
Hey, it's the poor man's Destin.

No, really. Stop rolling around on the floor and laughing. We're CAGs, do you think we can afford nice vacations?!?!

Just finished Rebel Assault II, had me raging like it was 1995.

The difficulty is all over the place; most of the levels are dead simple but a handful take what feels like eons of trial and error to get right. It was actually just as I remembered it as a kid.

The cheesy FMV is as delightful as ever, and the simple rail-shooting gameplay makes for a fun, mind-numbing ~3 hours.

The first Rebel Assault is nearly unplayable with a mouse. There are things you can do to make it less bad (lower the frame rate, decrease sensitivity via .conf file), but without a joystick I wouldn't bother (no option for KB controls). My arm was dead by the 3rd level.

I was playing shadow dancer yesterday. Couldn't beat the second boss.
Shadow Dancer on the Genesis? That game is such a classic! The dog companion was done so right and, frankly, wasn't copied enough by other games.

(As for the second boss... The head and hands popping out of a break wall?)

2064: Read Only Memories was my 1337th Steam game.

/warren out
y not 2064th game?

I really enjoyed the original version. The music is fantastic and really catchy. Light on puzzles and heavy on long dialogue sequences, but a very charming retro-styled game.

Don't buy Steam Link or Controller...you will NEVER use them.  Mine are in the box x.x

I know how we all want to be hoarders...but STOP IT

Is it worth $20? I find a hard time using my pstv that I got for even cheeper. The pro of the pstv is I could take it to my friends house and still play my ps4 can that be done with steam link?
No, it's in-home streaming only.

As to whether it's worth $20, the answer is yes if you will use it. Honestly, I haven't used mine much in the 3 months I've had it, mostly because my wife has a surprisingly low tolerance for watching me play games on our TV in the living room.

Is it worth $20? I find a hard time using my pstv that I got for even cheeper. The pro of the pstv is I could take it to my friends house and still play my ps4 can that be done with steam link?
IMHO its definitely worth 20, but no, you cannot take it to a friends to play your steam library there, its only in-house

It worked great for me for both playing games on the couch and using it to stream kodi to the living room to watch movies. 20$ for a fairly hassle free solution that let me get rid of 2 100ft ethernet cables that were being used as a flaky hdmi extender was worth it

tl;dr Go buy other new PS4 exclusives like Nioh or Nier: Automata that are actually good instead of this crap.
I know bundles have gotten godawful since the last time I was here, but is it really so bad that we're recommending buying full-price console peasant crap in the Steam thread?

[customspoiler=.]I mean, it's not like I'm already planning on pre-ordering Nier: Automata or anything. STOP LOOKING AT ME.[/customspoiler]

If I had to give it a score, it'd be 6 out of 10. Maybe 7 if you really love and haven't gotten sick of the open world stuff Ubisoft is flooding the market with (Far Cry, Ass Creed, The Division, Watch_Dogs, upcoming Ghost Recon... etc)
And your score is based on what, exactly? What you watched a streamer play? Also, NieR isn't a PS4 exclusive.

Cringe game is cringe regardless of politics.

It's going to be $25. Price may increase further when the King campaign and battle mode is released.

Gonna just come out and break the news now. I watched it streamed by a leaker for a number of hours (guy finished it on hard mode in about 25 hours) and it's a mediocre game that's only getting fellated because of the graphics (which are admittedly impressive aside from the draw distance fog and some of the animations/faces) and the subpar cinematic story (mostly its implications, the actual story is a fucking mess). Gerstmann and all the other usual suspects are either buying into the hype or being wink wink nudge nudged by Sony.

The only review I found to be anywhere near honest was the USGamer one which is far from kind to it. Unsurprisingly, Sony fanboys have flocked to the article in droves to scream bloody murder at the author. Supposedly the Eurogamer (owned by the same parent company) review isn't too nice either. I guess Sony forgot to pay off their owners.

Yes please review a game that you watched lol

Got it for $35 sometime last year. I use it fairly often and it really works well.

If I'm trying to put a value on a new release video game, the Steam thread isn't exactly the place to go to get a proper recommendation. 

Also Nioh is the shit and you guys are missing out. 

When did we decide we can pass judgement and become experts of analysis by watching people play a game? Thanks Twitch TV for shaping our views!

I mean the game could be great or it could be boring or somewhere in between, but you cherry picked the lowest review score from 78 reviews so far. Games are never near as good as the best review or as bad as the worst review in my opinion. It just seems silly to fall for extremes either way. Although we can agree fanboys or elitists on any gaming platform willingly live inside their own sheltered bubbles.

With that said Nioh is indeed awesome, and I also ended up pre-ordering Horizon: Zero Dawn (w/ Amazon Prime) to experience the game for myself. I'm just hoping for something engaging, entertaining, fun, and a reason to still continue playing exclusives on the PS4. I think it'll achieve all of that for me since I finally splurged and bought a 4K TV.

Don't buy Steam Link or Controller...you will NEVER use them. Mine are in the box x.x

I know how we all want to be hoarders...but STOP IT
A steam controller would go next to my two backup 360 controllers for PC that are still in the box.... If I didnt have them I might bite on a steam controller.

Reviews are reviews are reviews. Everyone has their own opinion. Horizon looks boring like Shadows of Mordor to me (another game a lot liked but I got bored with the extreme repetitiveness). I will play it someday, but for now I need to get through Yakuza 0 and eventually Nioh.

I mean supposedly Da Capo 3 was reviewed very well, but I found it overly long and pretty boring. I drudged through it and pretty much lamented the whole journey in the Niche thread. Different strokes for different folks, but maybe it's just me but i'm getting a little bit bored of open world games. I mean Yakuza 0 is kind of open world, but it's pretty awesome anyways. I'm almost on Chapter 3 (did a mass number of side missions haha.....had to redo the disco dancing missions so many times. They're tough and i'm usually good at rhythm games). 

bread's done
Back