Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Update on upcoming Shovel Knight price changes

• Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment will release March 3rd on Nintendo Switch for $9.99
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will release March 3rd on Nintendo Switch for $24.99 (Treasure Trove = base campaign 'Shovel of Hope' + Plague of Shadows + Specter of Torment)
  • Shovel Knight will be 33% off starting today through March 2
So there we have it. Get Shovel Knight for $9.99 by March 2 (this version will upgrade automatically to Treasure Trove). After the content is separated (in April?), the combined price for those three campaigns will go from $14.99 to $24.99 (I assume they'll individually be $9.99 each). The alternative is to wait for Shovel of Hope to be in a Hamble Monthly or high bundle tier this summer, then spend the next 1-2 years hoping the other campaigns will get a discount greater than 20% (they probably won't ;)).

FAQ if you're confused.
Is it worth $10 or just another overhyped indie game?

I'll sell some cards and see if I can raise $10 by the weekend.

• Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment will release March 3rd on Nintendo Switch for $9.99
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will release March 3rd on Nintendo Switch for $24.99 (Treasure Trove = base campaign 'Shovel of Hope' + Plague of Shadows + Specter of Torment)
So there we have it. Get Shovel Knight for $9.99 by March 2 (this version will upgrade automatically to Treasure Trove). After the content is separated, the combined price for those three campaigns will go from $14.99 to $24.99 (I assume they'll individually be $9.99 each). The alternative is to wait for Shovel of Hope to be in a Hamble Monthly or high bundle tier this summer, then spend the next 1-2 years hoping the other campaigns will get a discount greater than 20% (they probably won't ;)).

FAQ if you're confused.
Hmm I wonder if it will get upgraded if I buy as a gift and keep it in inventory. Not sure I actually want the game.

Hm... What a time to be broke.

Guess I'll sell some booster packs today, see if I can get enough to buy the game. If only Amazon sold codes for the PC version...

still standby your opinion of the Division or has the 1.6 patch make it fun?

btw, is the rumor of the 2nd Season Pass for the Division (a la Seige) true?
Still rumor at this point... I do think it's coming and it will have that campaign expansion that everyone expected with this pass.

The season pass has been an absolute joke and I surely don't recommend buying it...

The base game... There is fun to be had, and it's been as cheap as ten bucks, so its an easy recommend at that price point... Higher? Maybe, likely yes at 20.

No patch yet. Still 1.5 but Massive seems destined to chase true PVP off a cliff with no regard over PVE... It would be a noble goal if they weren't so fucking clueless. (The mechanics will never support it, or would need to be changed to such an extent that it wouldn't even be the same game, and... There playerbase on their own forum said they would rather see PVE content... Over 80% voted for PVE. That's an unreal and extremely eye opening percentage.)

Hmm I wonder if it will get upgraded if I buy as a gift and keep it in inventory. Not sure I actually want the game.
Yes, but there's no "upgrade", they're just increasing price of current version with all campaigns.

Then they will add ability to separately buy each campaign (Separate library entries). These won't be free for anyone.

How long for Steam refunds? I bought Shovel Knight I think a week ago...no idling yet...so i'm pretty sure I can get  a refund and get $5 off or so.

9UTtWIV.jpg

Hmmm, is this a sign? Should I get this?

So there we have it. Get Shovel Knight for $9.99 by March 2 (this version will upgrade automatically to Treasure Trove). After the content is separated, the combined price for those three campaigns will go from $14.99 to $24.99 (I assume they'll individually be $9.99 each). The alternative is to wait for Shovel of Hope to be in a Hamble Monthly or high bundle tier this summer, then spend the next 1-2 years hoping the other campaigns will get a discount greater than 20% (they probably won't ;)).

FAQ if you're confused.
Looks like the $24.99 will be the combined price for, eventually, four campaigns. There's another campaign due some time this year.

So just to get this straight in my head, if you buy Shovel Knight now, do you still get access to everything in the future for free or just what is out up to March 3rd? (base campaign 'Shovel of Hope' + Plague of Shadows + Specter of Torment) Will there even be any more content after this point?

Is it worth $10 or just another overhyped indie game?

I'll sell some cards and see if I can raise $10 by the weekend.
Worth it. Bought the base PS4 version at release. Tempted to rebuy it on Steam for the DLCs.

I suppose I could always just play them on console and save $10, though. Nice that current owners get them for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there's a new GeForce Experience random giveaway underway. Just received a code for Dropzone. An early access rts moba?

For reference email header below.

"Congratulations! Here's Your Dropzone Early Access Game Code Reward."

*After reading up on the store page seems like it will be free to play at launch. The early access will just give you some of the normal ftp skins and stuff. So not really a giveaway to be excited about.

Gamersgate would like to remind people that that additional 20% discount for zGold purchases ends with the close of February so if you have some zGold hanging around from buying SE4 or other games, you might want to take a look.

It'll still be usable past that but you won't get any special discount for using it.  Which, uh, makes buying any more pretty pointless.

Shovel Knight is one of the few games over the last few years that ended being much better than I expected rather than failing to live up to the hype.

Bundle Stars finally sent 15% coupon for bundles (and bundles only, no pick & mix).

anything worth still on going?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be aslo over $2 only.

*The voucher code is valid until February 28th, 2017 at 11:55 PM (GMT). The code can be used once and applies a 15% discount to your final basket price when you spend over $2/£2/€2/CDN$2. This voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other voucher. Vouchers are only valid with bundles, but does not include Pick & Mix Bundles or packs.

For all you poopers that are finally buying supporting Shovel Knight, a friendly reminder~

The DLC campaigns are entirely their own. They may largely use the same assets as the original, but they are completely retooled and play like entirely different games. I thought Plague of Shadows was even better than Shovel Knight, and will genuinely be surprised and damn impressed if Specter of Torment manages to top that.

So play the diddly damn game, you cheap fuck. And don't disregard the expansions!

Finally grabbed Shovel Knight for PC! That makes a grand total of four times now that I've bought this. Wii U, 3DS, PS3/Vita/PS4 (crossbuy), and now PC. All digital, all on sale for either $9.99 or $10.04. . Hopefully my laptop from 2014 can run this...

Gamersgate would like to remind people that that additional 20% discount for zGold purchases ends with the close of February so if you have some zGold hanging around from buying SE4 or other games, you might want to take a look.

It'll still be usable past that but you won't get any special discount for using it. Which, uh, makes buying any more pretty pointless.
That "deal" is the precise reason I have $6 in zGold left. Can't decide if I want to spend just the $6 on something I'm sure I'll care nothing about OR make that $6 into $36 or, hold on, $56/$66/$86/$106! Guess I'll have to do some in cart experimenting to find the best lossless outcome.

That "deal" is the precise reason I have $6 in zGold left. Can't decide if I want to spend just the $6 on something I'm sure I'll care nothing about OR make that $6 into $36 or, hold on, $56/$66/$86/$106! Guess I'll have to do some in cart experimenting to find the best lossless outcome.
Well, you could always ask people if they want to go in on some sort of group buy. Tell them to cover their share of the final cost. I wanted to do this, but I'm broke as hell right now.

Well, you could always ask people if they want to go in on some sort of group buy. Tell them to cover their share of the final cost. I wanted to do this, but I'm broke as hell right now.
WHAT!? You mean, like, work cooperatively with other... people? No. Naw naw naw naw naw.
200.gif

I only leave the bathroom for three, maybe four hours per day right now so it was tempting to pick up Shovel Knight on a portable system, but whatever. I don't care about anything anymore.

I only leave the bathroom for three, maybe four hours per day right now so it was tempting to pick up Shovel Knight on a portable system, but whatever. I don't care about anything anymore.
Gotta stop eating that Mexican food, you bad hombre.

Still rumor at this point... I do think it's coming and it will have that campaign expansion that everyone expected with this pass.

The season pass has been an absolute joke and I surely don't recommend buying it...

The base game... There is fun to be had, and it's been as cheap as ten bucks, so its an easy recommend at that price point... Higher? Maybe, likely yes at 20.

No patch yet. Still 1.5 but Massive seems destined to chase true PVP off a cliff with no regard over PVE... It would be a noble goal if they weren't so fucking clueless. (The mechanics will never support it, or would need to be changed to such an extent that it wouldn't even be the same game, and... There playerbase on their own forum said they would rather see PVE content... Over 80% voted for PVE. That's an unreal and extremely eye opening percentage.)
damn.. i was eyeing the Gold Edition earlier. I thought the season pass added more stuff and made the game less boring

not at 60 fps

U need more VRAM
Probably. Theses are my specs:

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Version 1607
OS Build 14393.447
Windows edition: Windows 10 Home
© 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.19GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

As an example, I have Shantae HGH on Steam, and it runs smoothly.. just at 30fps, when I'm pretty sure the maximum fps the game allows is 60. My laptop also allows only a maximum output of 1600 x 900p. Pretty sure the max the game allows is 1920 x 1080p.

Doesn't matter. As long as it runs. I just wanted to buy the PC version now, to lock in the Treasure Trove, before the price goes up soon.

I think google may have at least initiated an auto-2FA check because of this. Just got back on my pc and windows mail and my phone both had me run through a 2FA via text from google to verify my account

bread's done
Back