Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Maybe we should judge Gearbox by a higher standard for being in the industry, but I tend to think devs are so focused on their jobs of making games that they aren't necessarily in the know about every e-retailer that pops up and how legit they may or may not be.
I would, but Randy Pitchford is a lying, scheming asshole and I wouldn't trust him with anything.

I don't have any hate towards Gearbox. They've made a couple great games that I enjoyed immensely. Beyond that, I have no idea about any of the internet gossip or Randy Pitchford trending topics so I have no clue what that's about, nor do I care. It's just that Gearbox made themselves look really dumb in this particular instance. So they are the laughing stock for a day or two.
Hostility towards gearbox is largely still due to their intentional misdirection and outright lies regarding the quality of both Colonial marines and the Dukester.

That they practically invented the Season pass #2 is a sore spot as well.

Beyond that, Gearbox hasn't done anything of note. Battleborn is shit. They've probably published some crap here and there. They used to be known for some good games.

I have no idea what Randy's done. Probably something racist. Maybe he licked Jontron's logcutter, or something.

Well then, guess I won the bullshit lottery. :headache:
That sucks. Did you at least get the email they sent out? FWIW, I paid via PayPal and got the email on 4/3. The refund came before that on 3/31.

The email does say that it depends on payment method how long the refund takes. Maybe they just sent the email out to people they knew got the refund already. "Look how responsive they were to their mistake!"

licked Jontron's logcutter
photo-197529.jpg

My 4 years olds are learning to read some simple words py playing PC games. They have been trying to figure out what words are what on the menus so they can start the games(and load the saves) themselves. I've been reading them books for 3 years and what motivates them to try harder is Lego games :lol: I just got them started for coordination and problem solving, so this is a nice side effect.

So, are there any decent learn to read games?

My 4 years olds are learning to read some simple words py playing PC games. They have been trying to figure out what words are what on the menus so they can start the games(and load the saves) themselves. I've been reading them books for 3 years and what motivates them to try harder is Lego games :lol: I just got them started for coordination and problem solving, so this is a nice side effect.

Humongous Entertainment Complete pack

more developments from Gearbox and G2A drama

There was no trickery involved. G2A isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a wolf in wolf's clothing that's doing wolf things and everyone on the internet is complaining about all the wolf's shitty practices. Regardless, Gearbox feigned ignorance until the community called it out. Now it's doubling down on the innocence angle while throwing more people under the bus.
https://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-pulls-out-of-deal-with-g2a-in-truly-embarrassing-fashion-430029.phtml

I tried the games for learning to read with my kid last year and the year before, they just really never kept her attention. The games she liked to play were like minecraft and adventure games.

What ended up working for us is just let your kids read to you at night. You'll still end up reading most of it every night it takes a lot of patience but kids have unbelievable memories.practice sight words from the Internet and let them read to you they will be reading in games in no time only asking help with names and rare words. My kid is in kindergarten now and can read almost any kids book or subtitles you throw at her.

Abc mouse I've heard good things from a Co worker never tried it. My kid liked the nick Jr site games for short amounts of time.

Slayaway Camp just went live on the Chrono.gg shop for those of you with the free coins, along with Dropsy and SOTS The Pit.

Slayaway Camp is quite fun. Fox gave it to me for Xmas and its pretty cool. Its also never been bundled outside of being for sale on Chrono.gg  so you should consider it if you have the coins. Its at 2250 and 2% claimed as of this moment. If you've been clicking the coin button on there daily, you should have that or be very close to it.

Interesting. Wish there was something a little more modern but I doubt there is much money in it to be made.
Not a PC game but my kid enjoyed the Endless Reader app very much. Note that the entire package is about $30 and takes up around 2 gigs of storage on your mobile device.

A game you might not think of is Scribblenauts. I'll let Tycho of Penny Arcade fame explain:

This is the ultimate fucking scam, and its power is dark. Scribblenauts isn’t considered an educational game, but it certainly should be; it should be in every house. A copy should be provided to every citizen as soon as they know their letters. I started letting my son play it, even though it seemed like he wouldn’t be able to put much together, and all the sudden he knew how to fucking read. The loop is damn near sorcerous in its power. Let’s say they sound out a word, and try to spell it in there. Maybe the item they wanted comes up! Now they feel like a Goddamned warlock. But, let’s say it doesn’t. Near matches come up. Let’s say they choose the word they meant to write in the beginning. Now they feel like a Goddamned warlock. What if they choose another word? Now they’ve learned a new word, maybe two words, made a new thing, and they feel like a Goddamned warlock.
My son started playing with Scribblenauts around four years of age and was "successful" at it in that he learned a bunch of words and how to make the game produce items at his whim even if he didn't give a shit about collecting Starites. I'll note in full disclosure that he is on the high-functioning range of the autism spectrum so his absorption of that sort of info may be atypical but I still think it's worth exposing a budding reader to. Being able to pick a word and summon into existence whatever that word represents is a heck of a learning tool.

But what if it was the dev that caused all this? Like I said, all this fake outrage is ridiculous. Gearbox was damned either way. They should have just said "fuck you nerds, we're still working with G2A, suck it." People would have been upset just the same.
You think a developer made a publishing deal behind a publisher's back? It strains credulity to me, but okay.

And if they'd said, "F*ck you nerds!," I would have cheered them on. That would be recognizing your assholery and owning it.

Slayaway Camp just went live on the Chrono.gg shop for those of you with the free coins, along with Dropsy and SOTS The Pit.

Slayaway Camp is quite fun. Fox gave it to me for Xmas and its pretty cool. Its also never been bundled outside of being for sale on Chrono.gg so you should consider it if you have the coins. Its at 2250 and 2% claimed as of this moment. If you've been clicking the coin button on there daily, you should have that or be very close to it.
It is a really fun puzzle game with a lot of personality, so it definitely gets a big thumbs up from me, especially for free. I might need to become a chronobro and start clicking those stupid coins.

You think a developer made a publishing deal behind a publisher's back? It strains credulity to me, but okay.

And if they'd said, "F*ck you nerds!," I would have cheered them on. That would be recognizing your assholery and owning it.
I don't believe that, but the dev coming to Gearbox and saying "Hey, we'd like to work with G2A for the release." and Gearbox just going along with it is pretty believable to me.

It is a really fun puzzle game with a lot of personality, so it definitely gets a big thumbs up from me, especially for free. I might need to become a chronobro and start clicking those stupid coins.

I don't believe that, but the dev coming to Gearbox and saying "Hey, we'd like to work with G2A for the release." and Gearbox just going along with it is pretty believable to me.
They just received a huge investment from some major company and their game offerings are going to be getting better as time goes on. AAA offerings on the daily deals are supposed to start sometime soon. But yeah, Im at over 3000 coins on there just from going there once a day and clicking once. I've bought one game on there but I dont even remember what it was.

I notice at least one of my friends grabbed Slayaway Camp since I posted, so glad someone got in on it.

HNqVTAV.png

That's 700 steam games in ~3.5 months. (and 2 origin games, Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda)

Edit: actually Command & Conquer Ultimate, Battlefield 4, Titanfall 1 for origin too. but forgot already...

Steam: 4700 "games"

GoG: 119 games

Origin: 72 purchased games

uPlay: 51 games

Desura: RIP
But how many games do you have from...

Retail?

Games For Windows Live / Microsoft Store?

Direct 2 Drive?

They just received a huge investment from some major company and their game offerings are going to be getting better as time goes on. AAA offerings on the daily deals are supposed to start sometime soon. But yeah, Im at over 3000 coins on there just from going there once a day and clicking once. I've bought one game on there but I dont even remember what it was.

I notice at least one of my friends grabbed Slayaway Camp since I posted, so glad someone got in on it.
I'm at 950 coins from like a few days and a sign up bonus, but luckily nothing in the store is something I need so I'll have some time to get some streaks going.

The new concept in Undertale was more that it mattered to the plot. In SMT, it doesn't really matter if you kill some demon, the plot goes on with maybe a minor alignment bump. In Undertale, if you kill someone, that person is dead forever and other characters will notice.
I mean, that's totally true, but at the same time plot-affecting permadeath in RPGs isn't entirely a new concept either. Off the top of my head, New Vegas did it years before Undertale (Fallout 3 had a terrible on-rails main quest, but Obsidian did a great job with NV), and I'm sure there are others.

I'm probably only halfway through SMT or something, so I don't want any spoilers, but it does have some choice in things. I don't believe it makes a dramatic impact on the main quest, but I have gotten past the point where you either side with Gotou (the chaos leader) or Thorman (the law leader), or neither (which is what I did). It's an old game so it's still fairly limited, but it seems to have used the same concepts that Undertale was haled for as being so new and groundbreaking.

I dunno, I enjoyed the few hours of Undertale that I played, but I got burned out sort of quick. It's neat, it was just amusing to me when I randomly picked up SMT and saw how similar the two were (theme and maturity notwithstanding, of course).

I'll put in another vote for Scribblenauts. Great word/puzzle game and it's fun pretty much whatever age you are. Funny too.

Aww yeah.  Inside is part of the next humble monthly. This month was The Witness and last month was Total War: Warhammer.   They really know how to pick the ideal games to headline the monthlies; games than I actually have on my buy list, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I heard so many good things about Inside last year. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Slayaway Camp is quite fun. Fox gave it to me for Xmas and its pretty cool. Its also never been bundled outside of being for sale on Chrono.gg so you should consider it if you have the coins. Its at 2250 and 2% claimed as of this moment. If you've been clicking the coin button on there daily, you should have that or be very close to it.
8% as of now. Keep spending those coins, I'm 1600 away from Brigador...

Yo tengo el culo peludo in Borderlands 2. My friend said that it means that means something like "I have mad skills" in Spanish.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anyone here play Narcosis or Finding Bigfoot? I have some steam wallet to waste and was thinking of picking up one of these.
No... but if you gift me them I'll more than likely get around to them and will, of course, post my thoughts on them.

Anyone here play Narcosis or Finding Bigfoot? I have some steam wallet to waste and was thinking of picking up one of these.
Take one for the team, Reds.

I think Narcosis was glitched recently, but it may have been another title that I'm confusing it with. I remember talking to Spoder about it. One of those weird region glitches that 11 people get in on.

Take one for the team, Reds.

I think Narcosis was glitched recently, but it may have been another title that I'm confusing it with. I remember talking to Spoder about it. One of those weird region glitches that 11 people get in on.
Narcosis was glitched in South Korea and was sold for 1 key via traders, but Reds knows this cuz I told him about it. None of us got in on that glitch, as far as I can tell it was mostly the spanish that got it lol

Reds probably has a million other horror games he could be playing right now so I would suggest waiting on Narcosis/Big Foot/whatever other weird horror games he finds

I see a copy of Narcosis on Steamtrades for $6.... but then of course I wouldn't be able to use my steam wallet. Which means that I could then use my steam wallet on Bigfoot. :whistle2:k

I bought finding Bigfoot, here's what to know:
It's a better version of the rake newer and getting updates (slowly).
In my experience it's a must coop (up to 4 players and eligily gets harder the more people but cannot attest to this) things get tedious and a lot of repeated events to get Bigfoot. Each encounter Bigfoot can only take a little damage and you will take significant so expect 30+ minutes before taking down Bigfoot if your lucky. Nothing in the map changes so if you figure out where the dead bodies are and how the map is it will feel even more repedativ. no random generation of anything atm.
I played a round where Bigfoot glitched and after 1 encounter never returned gave up after 45mins.
The game is early access and should be getting more content but the game will launch at the price it is now so unfortunately you are not saving any money while having to deal with a game that may not even work as intended.

Speaking of, whatever MS is doing, my Xbox was getting 130Mbps DL speeds wirelessly after the big update. Steam has never touched that wired!

bread's done
Back