Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not even owning Deus Ex MD base game, I don't have anything to add from personal experience for the Season Pass. But I just took a look at it on steam to check the reviews, and they're fucking brutal. A lot of the reviews seem to center around it not being worth the asking price given the amount of content included. So perhaps it might be worth it at a discount.

I don't like the idea of it contain items that are consumable though. You use them once on a play through, then they're gone forever. fuck that.
I'm mainly interested in the story DLC. Don't care about the consumables. And the SP is 67% off, and you get additional discount via the Deus Ex Collection bundle discount. So < $7 might be reasonable where $30 was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Vampire since forever on steam, but never played it. It is worth?

I'm also about 50% into Deus Ex:HR. So, should I keep playing that game... Or start Vampire?

I have Vampire since forever on steam, but never played it. It is worth?

I'm also about 50% into Deus Ex:HR. So, should I keep playing that game... Or start Vampire?
Keep playing Deus Ex: HR. Finish up that first. Great game, BTW.

Vampire: Bloodlines is fantastic. My favorite game of all time.

If you like those old-school RPG/action games (in which your stats & skills mattered and dictate how well or poorly you attack and if you can handle dice-rolls) before Mass Effect 2 was the game-changer - you owe it to yourself to play Bloodlines. It reminds of the original Deus Ex in many ways, as you could approach quests in many ways (i.e. enter a vent or somewhere and play stealthy; or go head-on through front-door and attack-crazy; or mix styles; or whatever), even if the final result is the same place. Though, sometimes you also can have different decisions with different outcomes from some quests in Bloodlines, as well.

Also, if you appreciate great storytelling, narrative, Lore, atmosphere, licensed music, traditional-style scored music (from Womb Music), and level design - you definitely should play Bloodlines. Some of my favorite quest-strings and actual levels are in this game. The Haunted House level is one of my favorite game-levels of all time. Not many games and/or levels can get me creepy out, scared, or on edge - but this one did it for me. Also, the whole ordeals w/ the two sisters Therese and Jeannette running the Asylum nightclub is one of my favorite quest-lines/quest-strings of all time; especially w/ the final part of that storyline; fantastic and jaw-dropping.

Make sure you grab one of the Unofficial Patches, whether you pick Wesp's Unofficial Patch or Tessera's True Patch...or else likely the game won't boot up b/c it won't recognize how much RAM you have properly; their patches fix that issue right out-the-gate. If you are doing a first playthrough, I'd recommend either Wesp's Basic version of his Unofficial patch or Tess's True Patch as those basically mostly fix bugs and maybe change a few things. If you want restored content, major changes, and/or anything else - then you should take on Wesp's Plus version of his Unofficial Patch or go find some other mods that are out there.

On Playthrough 1, make sure you don't play as a Malkavian. They have their own lingo and are hard to understand what they mean, unless you already understand the storyline, plot, and whatnot; and played through the game once already. Malkavians are crazy - so they can talk to Stop Signs and other inanimate objects; and also hear voices from out of nowhere. So, yeah - save them for a replay.

In the 1st 2/3rds of the game, if you want a Speech-based character - yeah, you can get through a good deal of that part of the game with little to almost no combat. But, in the last 1/3rd after the big decision-making cab ride - you better have already sunk some points into action-based skills (i.e. melee, guns, etc) b/c the game gets much tougher in the last 1/3rd and is very action-heavy.

Play 'em both. Both Deus Ex: HR and Vampire: Bloodlines are great.

Make sure you grab one of the Unofficial Patches, whether you pick Wesp's Unofficial Patch or Tessera's True Patch...or else likely the game won't boot up b/c it won't recognize how much RAM you have properly; their patches fix that issue right out-the-gate. If you are doing a first playthrough, I'd recommend either Wesp's Basic version of his Unofficial patch or Tess's True Patch as those basically mostly fix bugs and maybe change a few things. If you want restored content, major changes, and/or anything else - then you should take on Wesp's Plus version of his Unofficial Patch or go find some other mods that are out there.
What kind of nude patches would you recommend?

Waypoint's story on the sexual assault accusation of NeoGAF's founder:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd

Now that I've actually read the journalist's story, things do smell kinda fishy.   I don't care about any judgement, as I don't have a horse in this race.   But it says right there in Patrick Klepek's story that she said she had consensual sex with him at a later date.  So they were romantically involved.   That's not to excuse any actions by him.   But the story is predicated on him getting in the shower naked with her without her knowledge or consent, and then walking away when she declined his advances. This sounds like a judgement lapse, at worst, since they were sharing a bed together. 

Regardless of any of that, the jump to conclusions and the crazed nature of the NeoGAF community is astonishing.  There are two sides to every story. Apparently half the users hung around there for the offtopic and political talk, which I had no idea lol...

Oh, good.  I can't imagine anything better than a discussion on whether or not a mod at some other forum meets this forum's collective definition of sexual assault.

Hey, MysterD.  So, uh, how about that Red Dead Redemption?  Think it might see a PC port?  I mean, would anyone even buy it if they did?  What if it was DRM-Free and came on sixty-eight CD-ROMs?  If so, which headphones would you recommend for it?  If we Kickstarted a new Vampire RPG, do you think Obsidian would do a better job at it than Bioware?

Hex Phase

A review in 1 part by Walter Sobchak

After 4 minutes of playing time, I believe I'm highly qualified to give this a review:

• +1 Groovy Soundtrack....Is it in FLAC???? If not -10000
  • -1 Terribad font used in menus....I'm old...do you expect me to be able to read this???? My VCR is still blinking 12:00
  • -1 No Tutorial....just thrown in the game...I'm a mental midget...I need HALP!!!!!
  • +1 Clever riff on standard Tetris....
  • -1 Timer to short, would be better if I could adjust the timer....I played on "I Suck (Regular)" Level too...maybe I should just GIT GUD!!!!

Rating:

-1 out of a possible orange whip

Comments:

Not horrible for a first attempt, could be good with changes, I've definitely "played" shit from Poopiez/IndieGala that I couldn't even tolerate for 4 minutes....

Bonus Points:

+10000 if the developer is American

-100000 if the developer is affiliated with ISIS
My very great review by Mr. Cat President:

Played for 14 minutes. At least half of those minutes were trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do. Made me wish I was in an intelligence briefing instead. One of the worst games I've ever played. It's a disaster. Sad. Requested a refund.

P.S. y u make everyone buy dis spoder?

Hey, MysterD. So, uh, how about that Red Dead Redemption? Think it might see a PC port? I mean, would anyone even buy it if they did? What if it was DRM-Free and came on sixty-eight CD-ROMs? If so, which headphones would you recommend for it? If we Kickstarted a new Vampire RPG, do you think Obsidian would do a better job at it than Bioware?
My Toaster Sense Skill is telling me you're being funny & rhetorical, but...I'm just gonna answer anyways, for craps and giggles.

RDR, first up.

Would be nice to see a RDR PC port. Hopefully, sometime soon. And you know I'll wait until 75% off or for it to be bundled.

I don't want it on 68 CD-ROM's. That's just too many. One DVD or BR would be fine.

GOG would even be fine.

Let's hope RDR2 comes here later, too.

Headphones.

I use PX22's for gaming.

Klipsch R6 Reference are great for music, BTW.

Vampire: BL sequel.

I'd love to see Obsidian and Chris Avellone involved. BioWare is owned by EA and seems to becoming a shell of a itself more & more, so I don't really want them touching a Bloodlines sequel. Too many big names & important key people have already left BW Edmonton studio anyways. Plus, they're working on that Destiny-like game Anthem anyways.

I'm glad to hear that Injustice 2 is finally making its way to PC. I'm probably in the minority, but I have a great time playing fighting games by myself, and Injustice had a surprisingly decent story.

Plus it's a WB game and it'll be $3 by Christmastime.

Vampire The Masquerade is not a very good game. It's archaic and you have to do too much to make it work. If you're a dorky LARPer, I'm sure its good stuff though.
Have to disagree, I'm with MysterD on this one.

The atmosphere, setting, characters, writing, etc. are wonderful. The combat is based on a mix of stats, RNG, and reflex/skill depending on the weapon you use. It's certainly flawed, but fun enough. You get some interesting choices with the quests and the experience can be wildly different if you play certain clans (Malkavian, Nosferatu).

The jankiness of the game has been all but eliminated by the patches. And honestly, the frequency and severity of the glitches were exaggerated to begin with. I played it start to finish on release with nothing more than a few crashes.

If you like "immersive sim" type games definitely check it out.

Nothing like walking into The Asylum with "Isolated" by Chiasm playing in the nightclub, as Jeannette introduces herself w/ her crazy monologue.

vampire.jpg

EDIT:

In terms of atmosphere - yeah, that's just one of many examples where Bloodlines shines.

I never played Bloodlines, but I got Redemption at launch and really loved it.  And I still bitch about babies that whined about not being able to save anywhere... because you get a spell that you can cast anywhere that opens a portal to go back to your safehouse.

I think it's funny that if you google "Vampire the Masquerade Redemption" you get a bunch of random gameplay shots.

If you google "vampire the masquerade Bloodlines" you get a bunch of scantily clad in-game women pics.

I still haven't gotten around to Redemption, for some reason...even though I've had it forever, since probably it first went on sale on GOG. I should get around to it and play it sometime....

Far too late for me to even care, I'm not sure if anyone tried the console version but it felt so sluggish.
That might be me not use to Mortal Kombat and Injustice gameplay.

In other news about the Steam Links

"

Hello,​
Thanks for your recent purchase of the ICEY + Steam Link bundle.​
The ICEY + Steam Link bundle demand was high, resulting in delays in processing and shipping Steam Link orders. We expect all orders to be fulfilled and delivered within 3 weeks and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Many orders have already been processed and shipped and we hope to get to yours soon. When your order ships you will receive an email with tracking information.​
Thanks for your support and understanding.​
This is an automated email, replies to it will not be read. If you need to contact Steam Support please use the link below to do so."​

Expect the Steam Link by Christmas because I doubt they will ship them all by 3 weeks.

Ain't today a sack o rotten taters.  Mah vid-yer card done died on me and mah dawg is sick n gots to git to the vet-ter-nar-yan n on top o all a dat, mah football team stanks worse than possum poop and mah coach looks like he just gave up on beatin' ol Nicky Saban and ate him.

No but seriously having a 1 GB temporary replacement card sucks.  I am guessing Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2 both require 2 GB to even play, I know Forza Horizon told me NO when I tried to play it earlier.  Ugh.  Passed on a pretty good 1080 deal the other day too thinking I"d just wait until BF and see what popped up.

Far too late for me to even care, I'm not sure if anyone tried the console version but it felt so sluggish.
That might be me not use to Mortal Kombat and Injustice gameplay.
Sluggish? Was it running on consoles at 30FPS or something?

Granted...I thought MK9, MKXL, and Injustice 1 PC played great at 60FPS.

Heads up for those who might want o play Destiny 2 like other PC games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/78k0wo/psa_if_you_play_destiny_2_on_pc_do_not_run_msi/

Discord (overlay), MSI afterburner and likely other 3rd party programs are triggering bans in Destiny 2. Bungie's policy in general is that they don't overturn or discuss bans. (I do think they'll have to discuss these in general.)
I'm glad they're being strict from the gate.. but yeah, still waiting on D2 pc until the game is in a better state. I'm holding out hope now that the game is now in the hands of a team that made great improvements to D1

Surely there's a way to detect if someone is using one of those kb/m > controller devices?

Ain't today a sack o rotten taters. Mah vid-yer card done died on me and mah dawg is sick n gots to git to the vet-ter-nar-yan n on top o all a dat, mah football team stanks worse than possum poop and mah coach looks like he just gave up on beatin' ol Nicky Saban and ate him.

No but seriously having a 1 GB temporary replacement card sucks. I am guessing Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2 both require 2 GB to even play, I know Forza Horizon told me NO when I tried to play it earlier. Ugh. Passed on a pretty good 1080 deal the other day too thinking I"d just wait until BF and see what popped up.
It's email (and invite) only but Newegg has a MSI Seahawk 1080i for 709 today...

Random game impressions (doing this again for random games in my Steam library):

Tempest: Pirate Action RPG - Played for a bit under an hour

This game is kind of a Sid Meier's Pirates! type of game and plays alright for the most part. It feels like a mobile port of sorts with all the clicking and dragging in the interfaces. The graphics are pretty nice honestly. The ship battling, which is one of the main parts of the game, is super, super clunky. It seems you have to move between views a lot and it's a bit hard to steer the ship. I'm sure this will get easier with time, but it didn't start out very easy to control. The quest system is not intuitive at all. The quests are extremely generic, but some are easier to understand than others. I really didn't get the crew and buying cannons system and all. It's a lot easier to navigate from the big map than the open seas. Honestly it seems like a game worth wasting some time on, but honestly I'm craving to just play any of the Sid Meier's Pirates! games again. The sound is basic but sounds pretty piratey with waves and gunshots and no music I think. Overall an OK bundle game, but I wont likely seek out the DLC.

5.5/10 for having potential. It has confusing mobile like interfaces, too many tabs, somewhat bad ship controls, and just seemed kind of rough and not too fun.  

I'm glad they're being strict from the gate.. but yeah, still waiting on D2 pc until the game is in a better state. I'm holding out hope now that the game is now in the hands of a team that made great improvements to D1

Surely there's a way to detect if someone is using one of those kb/m > controller devices?
Strict? They are banning if you have discord chat overlay. Give me a break.

Well I doubt I can play Destiny for a few weeks now so maybe BS bans will not be a thing by then.  Or at least I'll know what sort of things to disable before I play it.  

Yup. It's a console developer solution for a proper anti-cheat.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they're trying something but the "Nuke it from orbit its the only way to be sure" mentality seems a bit overkill.

I saw the Seahawk deal and thought about it but I didn't want to drop that much today since I have no idea what the sick dog is going to cost me.  It isn't as though my card was amazing anyway, the loss of memory is the main issue.  I can put up with it for a few weeks though.

Sluggish? Was it running on consoles at 30FPS or something?

Granted...I thought MK9, MKXL, and Injustice 1 PC played great at 60FPS.
I was playing the network beta for Injustice 2 so keep that in mind.
I didn't really give the game much of a chance with all the lag and me trying to adjust to a new game.

I'm going to give it an another go once the beta starts on pc.

Strict? They are banning if you have discord chat overlay. Give me a break.
Glad I didn't buy the game now, I won't be buying it at all now unless I get it for $5-$10
Shows that Bungie's game shouldn't had been included on a primary pc gaming client.

Well they have to draw the line at some point.https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
That said, they really should have made sure this info was visible and got attention within the community before today
Talks about Discord overlay not being compatable... Not getting you banned. Also that page is for the beta.

As for drawing a line? Sure, it should be between cheating and commonly used features on commonly used programs.

It's just shity performance on Bungie/Activision's part and there is no point in trying to defend it... (and certainly not in this thread.)

Don't post in this thread if I don't agree with your opinion based on 100% forum hearsay? k.
No, post where ever you want to... but just realize those who have already passed on Destiny 2 (aka no console, strictly PC and/or want to use the PC benefits) are not likely to look upon this with any sort of favor, just pure disdain, this platform has many advantages... One of the most beloved is that it's an open platform. Discord, Afterburner, etc. are commonly used programs, so commonly used that many of us have discord start up when we start our PCs. To be banned from a game because you have a common 3rd party program running in the background with no warning is asinine. Hell, many programs won't run fully till some other programs are closed and if Bungie wanted such a closed environment thats how the game should start. Show a list of offending programs and have the game pause starting up till all of them are closed.

As is? The implantation is as flawed as the thought process, execution, communication and any other part of this dog and pony show that one can think off... And it really is indefensible, which I'm sure we will all see once this blows up in their faces via bad PR.

I can't recall, but - didn't the Destiny 2 PC Beta have in the Option menu a option to display the framerate in-game?

You know, if Destiny 2's dev/publisher wants to ban players using 3rd party app's like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner and other stuff like Discord, they really should warn PC gamers ahead of time about this. We normally like this stuff running to let us know how well or poorly things are performing.

And of course, if they are going to ban over this non-sense - well, then these tools should already be built in-full in Battle.Net and/or Destiny 2 to be able to display heat temps on GPU/CPU/whatever else; display framerates, RAM usage, VRAM usage; use your own framerate limiting caps; and other stuff - since PC gamers like having this stuff going to know how their system's handling the game & performing.

The last thing I - or anyone else, for that matter - needs is Destiny 2 maybe heating up to say 100 degrees Celsius on say my gaming laptop; I would like to know if this was happening so I can limit my GPU/CPU or something so I don't let my laptop turn into burnt toast, you know?

I know I normally like running MSI Afterburner and other tools, when running most PC games. Good thing I normally do Single-Player games, since I doubt I'll get a ban for using that stuff in SP-based games. I guess w/ MP-based games, we're going to have to be prepared for this non-sense of banning 3rd party app's and maybe try not to use them on anything modern.

Waypoint's story on the sexual assault accusation of NeoGAF's founder:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd

Now that I've actually read the journalist's story, things do smell kinda fishy. I don't care about any judgement, as I don't have a horse in this race. But it says right there in Patrick Klepek's story that she said she had consensual sex with him at a later date. So they were romantically involved. That's not to excuse any actions by him. But the story is predicated on him getting in the shower naked with her without her knowledge or consent, and then walking away when she declined his advances. This sounds like a judgement lapse, at worst, since they were sharing a bed together.

Regardless of any of that, the jump to conclusions and the crazed nature of the NeoGAF community is astonishing. There are two sides to every story. Apparently half the users hung around there for the offtopic and political talk, which I had no idea lol...
Not trying to read anything into this situation but isn't it a bit odd, as a woman, to share a hotel room with a guy you aren't in a relationship with? /old geezer logic

Riported to GAFpolice.
I hope this doesn't affect my pending membership application!

All the woebegone lost Off-Topic posters there should come to CAG and post in the politics forum here. They can keep the three regulars posters in there company.

Not trying to read anything into this situation but isn't it a bit odd, as a woman, to share a hotel room with a guy you aren't in a relationship with? /old geezer logic
I'm probably at least about as old as anyone here and I've shared a room, heck shared a bed (multiple times) with women I wasn't in a relationship with. You can still have boundaries and expectations of respecting those boundaries.

BTW (mostly to another poster): At least in the USA, even spousal rape can be prosecuted. What happens consensually before or after an alleged incident does not automatically negate an allegedly non-consensual incident.

So.  Coming from Destiny 2 on PS4, the PC version is one of the most optimized games I have played...it feels like a whole new game (60fps+).  

Haven't had issues with being banned yet while running RivaTuner or Shadowplay.   I think it's funny how one of the devs tweeted saying it's Internet BS that people are getting banned for using Discord and other 3rd party non-malicious software; guy is a moron.

I can't recall, but - didn't the Destiny 2 PC Beta have in the Option menu a option to display the framerate in-game?
yea it does, but its in the 'gameplay' section, not video as one would normally assume. I think overwatch does the same nonsense

So. Coming from Destiny 2 on PS4, the PC version is one of the most optimized games I have played...it feels like a whole new game (60fps+).
Indeed, and I think it improved over the beta, usually sitting at 120-180 at 1440p whereas I think in the beta it was closer to 80-120 at 1080p

yea it does, but its in the 'gameplay' section, not video as one would normally assume. I think overwatch does the same nonsense

Indeed, and I think it improved over the beta, usually sitting at 120-180 at 1440p whereas I think in the beta it was closer to 80-120 at 1080p
Do I have you on Bnet?

Yea at 1440p Im getting roughly 60-110 on max settings (much better than the beta), and I had mouse lag issues that rendered the game unplayable unless using a controller which was fixed.

BTW (mostly to another poster): At least in the USA, even spousal rape can be prosecuted. What happens consensually before or after an alleged incident does not automatically negate an allegedly non-consensual incident.
True, very true. I guess if I had to comment on this at all it would be that I don't understand the thought processes of either involved parties.

Him; climbing naked into a shower uninvited...

Her; what later convinced her that it wasn't sexual assault? Cause that had to happen, right? Who would later date someone who they knew sexual assaulted them?

Just don't feel like the whole story has comeout... Not that I want/need the full story to come out.

Do I have you on Bnet?

Yea at 1440p Im getting roughly 60-110 on max settings (much better than the beta), and I had mouse lag issues that rendered the game unplayable unless using a controller which was fixed.
yea you already have me on there

Ill have to tweak some more of the settings but I did a quick scan of them last night and I think everything was already maxed from what I could tell

bread's done
Back