Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The reward as in the crown/face mask thingie?

I did the weekly for the points but already owned the reward so didn't notice anything on that front.

What time is NZA supposed to be tonight?  Steam is telling me 7pm Central instead of our standard 9pm time.

I thought that streaming movies from your computer didn't require to reencode the movie again through the Steam Link.

I also don't understand why would you require to install Kodi, as you can do the same with VLC.

That's how I watch my movies. Open VLC on my PC, play the movie using Big Picture and go to the living room and watch it on TV. PC is the piece of hardware which is decoding it, not the Link as far as I know.

Also, if you have a decent TV, you could watch pics, etc..
Because kodi is much nicer. When you have a large library it indexes everything and makes it all pretty, for both movies and tv shows. Admittedly if you're just doing one off watching then it may not matter much, but the ten-foot interface to be able to use kodi on a tv is much better than vlc. Plus you also get remote support, which Im not sure if vlc would work with that.

Its mostly if you want a complete tv interface, if you dont mind doing that setup each time before hand then go for it.

I thought that streaming movies from your computer didn't require to reencode the movie again through the Steam Link.

I also don't understand why would you require to install Kodi, as you can do the same with VLC.

That's how I watch my movies. Open VLC on my PC, play the movie using Big Picture and go to the living room and watch it on TV. PC is the piece of hardware which is decoding it, not the Link as far as I know.

Also, if you have a decent TV, you could watch pics, etc..
Yeah, the stream is basically video capture of your computer that's encoded in x264. It's like using In-Home Streaming to a Pi running SteamOS. I like Kodi for the ability to add internet channels to it, so I can add Asian waifu TV stations and stream them for free. Not sure if my modem-router combo device can handle two streams and whatever game I'm playing well enough for me not to just hook my laptop in directly. Plus, I like to download stuff in 10-bit+ HEVC 4k.

In case anyone cares, Steam just added several Rifftrax VODs as part of the Halloween sale, so if you are one of those queer ducks who streams video from a PC using a Steam Link or just watches movies on a computer like a regular weirdo, here's the link. I've seen all of these and watched three of them recently. They're all pretty fun but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be The Last Slumber Party because '80s slasher film with a "twist" ending that makes absolutely no sense. 

More PUBG new

1.0 sometime late December:

And for the PC edition's 1.0 version, Kim didn't clarify what content would land there, nor did he answer whether it would include the upcoming "desert" map that has been frequently teased by PUBG creator Brendan "Playerunknown" Greene. Currently, all PUBG battles take place in the dilapidated, Eastern Europe-inspired town of "Erangel," and fans have been feverishly awaiting this second announced map to parachute upon and start murderous, loot-driven sprees anew. That kind of content boost may not fit into the "1.0" roadmap after all.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-gets-xb1-release-date-pc-1-0-launch-window/

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1809/CAPSLOCKDAY_Bundle/

A Steam bundle of keyboard controlled games.

Many of you will own Epistory and Grimm, drops the other 3 to $2.49 total. If you dont own Epistory, advise to get the $1 tier of the new Jumbo bundle and add it to get that further discount. Im not sure what the cost is if you dont own that.

God of Word and Words for Evil were both in IGs, so may not be that interesting for those that have those as well. Might be possible to pick those up in trades or Tremor but have no idea personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone cares, Steam just added several Rifftrax VODs as part of the Halloween sale, so if you are one of those queer ducks who streams video from a PC using a Steam Link or just watches movies on a computer like a regular weirdo, here's the link. I've seen all of these and watched three of them recently. They're all pretty fun but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be The Last Slumber Party because '80s slasher film with a "twist" ending that makes absolutely no sense.
Wonder if I can get them to give me Steam keys for the stuff I have on their store.

That is actually a thing I would've never known existed had it not been for your turn of phrase and it's funny as hell, too.
Neither did I. Quite the liver fluke there.

I like Openly Gaytor.

Wonder if I can get them to give me Steam keys for the stuff I have on their store.
You could email them, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'll throw in a little free advert for Bezosland. I've had a Prime sub for the last year and Amazon has been steadily rotating in new VODs on a pretty regular basis, so I've probably watched at least the cost of the 1-year sub in Rifftrax movies over the course of the last 6 months or so.

On an unrelated note, it looks like Microsoft just released Zoo Tycoon Ultimate as a Play Anywhere title for Xbone and Win 10. I'm tempted to fakey that one at $30. I wonder what the odds are that this one will eventually migrate to Steam the way Killer Instinct did. I think the only real reason KI was ported over to Steam was because MS wanted to increase the playerbase.

Are the "trax" actually added over the movies?  As I recall, back in the dawn of Rifftrax, it was essentially an audio feed you had to play while independently playing the movie.  But I've never actually partaken of Rifftrax despite my college "keep trading the tapes" MST3K days.

Are the "trax" actually added over the movies? As I recall, back in the dawn of Rifftrax, it was essentially an audio feed you had to play while independently playing the movie. But I've never actually partaken of Rifftrax despite my college "keep trading the tapes" MST3K days.
The VODs that are being sold on Steam are the movie and riffs combined into a video file; it's similar to watching an old MST3K or one of the shorts from the website.

There's an Android and iOS app that will sync an audio riff to a movie on your TV or other eye-hole device, but that's only needed for stuff that they can't get the rights to resell on their site (i.e., major theatrical releases like Harry Potter and Star Wars).

I think the saddest thing of all about this Steam Sale was that it felt like people were so completely blah that there were no "Hidden Gems" threads and the like. (Not just here, but basically all over the internet). 
Those threads and posts of suggestions are usually the only redeeming factor unless there's a glitch, better-than-average bundle or some company running a really good deal on an older AAA game because the sequel just came out or is out in a few weeks. 

Thanks to a couple stray suggestions, I did end up getting The Room, The Room 2, Bot Vice and Strikey Sisters, but that's basically a whole $3 worth of purchases. 

I think the saddest thing of all about this Steam Sale was that it felt like people were so completely blah that there were no "Hidden Gems" threads and the like. (Not just here, but basically all over the internet).
Those threads and posts of suggestions are usually the only redeeming factor unless there's a glitch, better-than-average bundle or some company running a really good deal on an older AAA game because the sequel just came out or is out in a few weeks.

Thanks to a couple stray suggestions, I did end up getting The Room, The Room 2, Bot Vice and Strikey Sisters, but that's basically a whole $3 worth of purchases.
Steam has done a pretty good job at making us not give a fuck about their sales.

In fact, i'll blame their lackluster sale for my purchase of a 6 month Elder Scrolls Online Plus sub.

Carl gave me a key for some f2p game to test if it'd +1 my gamecount. Instead, it -2'd. thx coral
and Spoder brought my hopes up thinking I could get a -2 but instead I got a +1 :(

If anyone wants to try one of these +1/-2 game count gamble keys, go ahead and let us know the result:

WEA7T-5G7AK-PZMKW
FIMIG-7Z2X5-ZRI2I
ILWPY-QWBL3-0EKNL
04BXV-K4RXJ-I7FZC
HGJGF-6H3WQ-CPMFX
04KXG-69VXG-2VGLQ
MAP9D-CV5YH-YCMZ9
W8GN6-2E2RH-W8BMB
87PQ3-DAIA6-69TIZ
QV9R6-QQGVG-WWY7N
ZEJ3V-PMJ46-2QN85
WAFZP-G09N4-ADZBP
3GD86-J7YK4-QE65L
CBI8F-LE4P0-IA6ZK
44WDZ-DYGA3-QM2PE

Last night we played Zombie Army Trilogy which was originally Nazi Zombie Army but I guess they dropped the Nazi part when they bundled them together despite the zombies still being Nazis.  It's a little exhausting.  Also, it made it hard to find in my Steam library.  Ultimately though, we celebrated Halloween by killing a lot of zombies unlike every other night where we kill a lot of zombies but it's not Halloween.  After a couple tries at a campaign style map, we switched to doing a couple holdout maps.  Finished the night by reaching Wave 10, got an achievement for it and then were swiftly overrun in Wave 11.

Tonight people are playing Project Cars but none of those people will be me.  I guess it's a racing game?  If you have it, you should show up and race people!  Unless it's not a racing game in which case you should show up and bitch about how I lied to you.

I preemptively lied to you by saying tonight was Project Cars when really it's Human Fall Flat.  I blame Bah for lying to me last night and saying it was Project Cars.  WTF Bah?  Human Fall Flat looks weird so either it will be charmingly compelling or terrible.  Come and find out!

Supposedly they're patching KF2 to fix the Vault issue today but God only knows.

Last night we played Zombie Army Trilogy which was originally Nazi Zombie Army but I guess they dropped the Nazi part when they bundled them together despite the zombies still being Nazis. It's a little exhausting. Also, it made it hard to find in my Steam library. Ultimately though, we celebrated Halloween by killing a lot of zombies unlike every other night where we kill a lot of zombies but it's not Halloween. After a couple tries at a campaign style map, we switched to doing a couple holdout maps. Finished the night by reaching Wave 10, got an achievement for it and then were swiftly overrun in Wave 11.

Tonight people are playing Project Cars but none of those people will be me. I guess it's a racing game? If you have it, you should show up and race people! Unless it's not a racing game in which case you should show up and bitch about how I lied to you.

Supposedly they're patching KF2 to fix the Vault issue today but God only knows.
Tonight is Human Fall Flat. Recently bundled and recently added online MP. I have an extra copy for any bro that doesn't have it and wants to show up. Tomorrow is Project Cars.

Also:

zovvb7y.jpg

Edit:

Also, Dosh Vault hotfix just released. Who's going to be brave and try it out?

Tonight is Human Fall Flat. Recently bundled and recently added online MP. I have an extra copy for any bro that doesn't have it and wants to show up. Tomorrow is Project Cars.

Also:

zovvb7y.jpg

Edit:

Also, Dosh Vault hotfix just released. Who's going to be brave and try it out?
I will do God's work when steam finishes downloading the update.

While players will not see any missing vault crates returned to them with this update we are committed to rewarding players in the future.

I just tested it and it worked.  Got 4 crates, had to restart for them to show, but that was the case before.  Got some nice loot from them too.  3 good and 1 shitty Syntax curse Rae skin.  

I preemptively lied to you by saying tonight was Project Cars when really it's Human Fall Flat. I blame Bah for lying to me last night and saying it was Project Cars. WTF Bah? Human Fall Flat looks weird so either it will be charmingly compelling or terrible. Come and find out!
:D apologies, I had just scheduled Project Cars for Thursday after discussing with Fox and had it on the brain neglecting that it was only Tuesday. Human Fall Flat is tonight. Its all jimbo's fault anyway.

and Spoder brought my hopes up thinking I could get a -2 but instead I got a +1 :(

If anyone wants to try one of these +1/-2 game count gamble keys, go ahead and let us know the result:

WEA7T-5G7AK-PZMKW
FIMIG-7Z2X5-ZRI2I
ILWPY-QWBL3-0EKNL
04BXV-K4RXJ-I7FZC
HGJGF-6H3WQ-CPMFX
04KXG-69VXG-2VGLQ
MAP9D-CV5YH-YCMZ9
W8GN6-2E2RH-W8BMB
87PQ3-DAIA6-69TIZ
QV9R6-QQGVG-WWY7N
ZEJ3V-PMJ46-2QN85
WAFZP-G09N4-ADZBP
3GD86-J7YK4-QE65L
CBI8F-LE4P0-IA6ZK
44WDZ-DYGA3-QM2PE
They all went into someone's bot auto-redeemer. If you see madjoki bragging anytime soon about how much his bot farm nets him in gabenbux, that's where they went.

Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Compact Mechanical Keyboard w/ the G-Romer Switches (with no numpad) is showing-up at $20 at Staples:

https://www.staples.com/Logitech-G410-Compact-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-920-007731/product_1928400

If anyone needs a gaming KB and doesn't care about lack of numpad - y'all might want to call, visit, or somehow check any of your local Staples.
Staples' inventory checker doesn't seem to work for me. Does anyone know how to find a UPC/SKU for Staples?

I don't care how boring it is, just wanted the Astros to win

edit: so i tried playing seasons after fall, the platformer that was a humble monthly unlock last month, today. it seems like a decent, if unimpressive platformer, but it's completely ruined by the fact that the jump button has a slight delay and sometimes doesn't even register, you feel like you need to slam the jump button to get it to respond. of all things in a platformer to be wrong you'd think the jump button would respond correctly

It's not over... but, yeah, one team doing all the scoring isn't want I was expecting/hoping for. (Unless it was going to be a real low scoring affair.)
Yeah, plus all of the Astros scoring was done by the end of the 2nd inning. After that, they went into the baseball equivalent of the prevent defense over the last 7 innings.

zzZZZzz

I got no beef with the Astros winning. I had no dog in this hunt. But man that was a dull final game. Which is too bad as the rest of the series was pretty darn good.

Congrats to the Astros though. If we have any Huston natives here on CAG, have fun going nuts tonight.

bread's done
Back