Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Cheap Noctua air coolers outperform expensive Corsair liquid coolers in terms of both noise and temperature.
This is why I dont go water. You have to pay a ton to get a truly quiet and super cool system in comparison to what a 40-80$ air cooler can do. Noise is not much of an issue with good air coolers and even if then if you have a quiet built case you never hear it anyway so who cares if its noisy

Completely disagree.  $40-$80 can get you an incredible AIO these days if you buy at the correct time.  These arguments only sound somewhat convincing if you're holding up comparisons to unnecessarily expensive corsair / nzxt units.

The only times I install air is while working with SFF builds or sub-$20 budgets.

I saw the video and don't dispute their results but felt that they were leaving a number of things out.  I can't stand Corsair's stock fans and always switch them out immediately so it would be interesting to see the coolers tested with the same fans.  Get an idea if the differences are in the fans or in the heat pipes/water set up.  Or to see more than just one air cooler tested such as the always popular Hyper 212.  Or to see tests done at something besides 5GHz while running Blender to see if there were differences in noise or efficiency during more standard PC use. 

By the way, I use an H100i v2 which came in a close (one degree) second to the Noctua so it's not like the results made me feel bad or anything.  They were just rather limited.  I suppose the bottom line that you can get good cooling from air remains the same though.

Before anyone mentions it, I'm well familiar with LTT and wasn't surprised that they didn't take a deeper dive.  And I like LTT fine; it's one of the few channels with a decent blend of information, entertainment and good production values.  I'm only mentioning what they left out since it's a topic here at the moment.

It's a fun discussion.

I've been waiting for a good sale on the Corsair H150i Pro but that video certainly has me rethinking it. 

But I don't see myself spending $100 on the best Noctua air cooler either.  I'm not even sure how much better it is than the one I'm currently using.  Prolly 2-3 degrees.  You can't beat that Noctua performance though.  A lot of people swear by the Noctua NH-D15 to cool their 9900Ks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL at that Psyonix (Rocket League) going to EPIC Games and no longer being available on Steam later in 2019
Sweet... can remove that from wishlist now.

EDIT: Whoops... It was already removed. lol

EDIT2:

I don't remember seeing this posted here... Jim fucking sterling son's most recent take on EGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USrdUXH3iqg

I thought Jimbo Sturls was all in with the Epic store? They have some sort of streamer/content creator link kickback system that seems to have many pimping them, albeit quietly more often than not. The Rocket League bozos must have gotten mega Epic wampum payoff to justify this switch.

I saw the video and don't dispute their results but felt that they were leaving a number of things out. I can't stand Corsair's stock fans and always switch them out immediately so it would be interesting to see the coolers tested with the same fans.
Every couple of years now I try a new Corsair fan hoping to be pleasantly surprised and yet I never am. A big reason I ignore their water coolers is I know I will be spending an extra $20-40 on Noctua or other fans that don't annoy me sound wise. I had a 650D case from them back in 2011 that was an utter mess but the fans were the icing on the cake of crud.

I picked up some cheapo coolermaster AIOs that were on clearance in early 2018, great deal at $60-70 but you have to shop around and get lucky.

Water cooled = less fans = less RGB fans for disco effect.

Seriously, though.  Too much more can go wrong with water cooling than fans.  Fans cool fine for 99% of gamers out there and the sound is usually negligible (at least to me since I use headphones).

Another day, another great day for our country, another new Fanatical bundle! So much winning! 

Reflex Bundle

Super Cloudbuilt
Space Hulk Ascension
Tharsis
Master Spy Deluxe Edition
Galaxy Squad
Velocibox
The Mims Beginning
Grand Pigeon’s Duty
Bird of Light

All for $3.49

Interested in seeing how the new Valve headset is received.  I like the PSVR a lot and I would like something higher end at some point for PC.  

CDKeys cancelled my Rage 2 order.

Hi there,

We regret to inform you that there has been an issue sourcing the stock for this title so we have had to cancel your order and refund your payment.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and would like to provide you with a discount voucher as an apology - .

Kind Regards,

James A
Customer Support | CDKeys.com

I'm in the debating whether I update my Rift to a Rift S.  Heck the other Rift Quest looks good but I worry because it doesn't have my video card, it'll look shitty.  But the dock/ports I have setup for the Rift to plug into my laptop makes the cord a PITA.  Was thinking about buying a cord extension.

But no 77% discount...

PFKHK4g.png

That happened to me when I preordered total war warhammer 2 through them, got a refund like a week or so before release because they only had EU keys.

Hope my chaosbane preorder through them doesn't have any issues.

But no 77% discount...

PFKHK4g.png
Bleh @ the weak discount. Probably just cause it re-launched and all.

They probably added this to the bundles to make them pricier.

I guess I can stick w/ my retail Battlefront 1 Classic copy, until the Steam or GOG versions get cheap(er).

If you all like your game development stories, Forbes has one about Star Citizen.  As in the actual published magazine Forbes with editorial oversight, not the glorified WordPress online blog version of Forbes.

If you all like your game development stories, Forbes has one about Star Citizen. As in the actual published magazine Forbes with editorial oversight, not the glorified WordPress online blog version of Forbes.
I gave 35 bucks back in November of 2012 because I wanted a successor to X-Wing and other Space Cockpit combat games.

I honestly thought with all the money donated some company would be inspired to make a decent addition to the genre by now.

Humble Bundle May 2019

Assassins Creed: Origins

Wandersong

Finding Paradise

Monster Prom

The Journey Down: Chapter 3

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

I'm Not a Monster

Next Month...

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 - Battle Edition

(Multiplayer and Blackout included - no zombies mode)

bread's done
Back