Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This is the base game only. Which doesn't make it a bad game (esp for free) but figured it was worth mentioning after the Humble Bundle debacle.
Only $7.49 for the Season Pass (for the two DLC's), which is a fine deal....given that they're giving away the base-game for nothing. You can basically get the whole thing for $7.49, if you grab the free base-game and buy the Pass.

Also, this game does work DRM-FREE style too, using the "-EpicPortal" target-line command.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's right ea, call your new bf game 2042, not to be confused with bf 2142, which you made 15 friggin years ago. tbh i'm more interested the future-y bf games than the oldie ww1, ww2 ones.
Hopefully, EA now resurrects Medal of Honor franchise to be the Single Player game, since they're historically known for that (with 2015 Studio and Danger Close, which EA has closed both studios). I'd love to see them do that and get a good studio to make a good long SP Campaign for that franchise - and even do SP Campaign DLC's or expansions, like in the old MOHAA days.

Battlefield really hasn't had a great long-style SP Campaign since probably Bad Company 2. Most have been solid and fine - but, never really on COD's level of greatness and consistency on the SP Campaign. Makes sense that they would drop the Campaign for this with BF 2042.

Battlefield really hasn't had a great long-style SP Campaign since probably Bad Company 2. Most have been solid and fine - but, never really on COD's level of greatness and consistency on the SP Campaign. Makes sense that they would drop the Campaign for this with BF 2042.
Bad Company 2's MP was the highlight to me and still the gold standard for FPS MP shooters for me. I can't believe other FPS games have not implemented a fully destructible environments by now.

Only $7.49 for the Season Pass (for the two DLC's), which is a fine deal....given that they're giving away the base-game for nothing. You can basically get the whole thing for $7.49, if you grab the free base-game and buy the Pass.

Also, this game does work DRM-FREE style too, using the "-EpicPortal" target-line command.
You could also buy it on GoG for $15.99 these days.

What an odd set of things for hackers to steal. Is there some way to monetize that I’m not thinking of?
Monetize? Unclear.

Some possibilities that make problems for EA:

Knock off games coming out of some sketchy studio built on top of the frostbite engine but not licensing any of it? Maybe. Losing years of research and IP to competitors? Maybe.

Release a ton of tools that allow the extraction of game assets or the creation of game assets that can be injected into existing games?

They can also scrub the engine code looking for software faults for potential user land exploits, those could be used to launch arbitrary code on otherwise locked down consoles? That'd be crazy.

Who knows what's really possible, though.

I don’t remember what this is supposed to be.
It’s basically Dark Souls with horses, a little Sekiro seasoning, and Game of Thrones plot points … I’m actually pretty psyched, I was worried it wouldn’t be Dark-Souls-esque enough. I really hope there’s a super expensive CE to buy … statue, art book, soundtrack … I’ll take it all.

On topic...

TMNT-Ranch-1280x720.jpg

And just a heads up that Baba Is You, Celeste, and a bunch of other pending games have now been officially added to the Palestinian Aid bundle. I think the total # of pages shot up from 34 to 43.

And just a heads up that Baba Is You, Celeste, and a bunch of other pending games have now been officially added to the Palestinian Aid bundle. I think the total # of pages shot up from 34 to 43.
Any chance of these having Steam keys? Or Celeste specifically? This is one instance where I actually played a freebie from Epic, but it crashes on launch half the time and the Epic version uses OpenGL while steam uses DirectX. Not sure if that'd make any difference with the crashing issue

Any chance of these having Steam keys? Or Celeste specifically? This is one instance where I actually played a freebie from Epic, but it crashes on launch half the time and the Epic version uses OpenGL while steam uses DirectX. Not sure if that'd make any difference with the crashing issue
So I just checked the download page and it comes with both the OpenGL (FNA) and DirectX (XNA) versions. Separate downloads for each one. For the DirectX version, though, you'll have to download the separate XNA Redistributable as mentioned on the page (it won't boot without it installed).

So I just checked the download page and it comes with both the OpenGL (FNA) and DirectX (XNA) versions. Separate downloads for each one.
Hm, well that's better than Epic at least. Epic forces you to use OpenGL. Steam gives you the option of both (you can use the beta branch to download OpenGL)

Wasn't even aware that the Epic version used OpenGL back when I played it. Don't think I ever had any crashes myself, fortunately. Lovely game, BTW. Never bothered with the super-difficult extra levels, though.

Never had any problems playing Celeste on Epic, runs smooth as butter both on my desktop (nothing fancy: Gtx1060 3gb) and even on my old MacBook Air with integrated Intel graphics.

Celeste was also in the Itch bundle last year, so doesn't mean anything to me, but super excited to play Baba Is You finally!

Never had any problems playing Celeste on Epic, runs smooth as butter both on my desktop (nothing fancy: Gtx1060 3gb) and even on my old MacBook Air with integrated Intel graphics.

Celeste was also in the Itch bundle last year, so doesn't mean anything to me, but super excited to play Baba Is You finally!
It runs fine when I can get past the first logo. I have no idea what causes it, I think it's probably some software conflict or something. I've tried every fix I could think of but nothing worked

It's too bad they didn't just add the new games to the last page of the bundle, and instead seemingly mixed them in. Would have been nice to just go to page 34 and start the scrape script there, but instead it's going to have to run on all 43 pages.

It's too bad they didn't just add the new games to the last page of the bundle, and instead seemingly mixed them in. Would have been nice to just go to page 34 and start the scrape script there, but instead it's going to have to run on all 43 pages.
This script is much better, in my opinion:

https://gist.github.com/Calyx-/3aad1552f1e0355ad5dbc46d606ec2aa

Instead of one-by-one clicking and waiting for the pages to navigate back and forth, it just adds all the claim forms on the page into an array and async sends the claim requests for each.

Displays a nice button to "claim page" and shows you how many of the games on that page you have claimed out of the total.

Doesn't automatically advance the pages, but if you know any Javascript you can add that in easily.

Frankly though, I would recommend not using these scripts at all. There's a reason they decided not to bulk activate all these games in your library: you don't want them all there, it's a fucking mess.

Wish someone would write a script to claim the games I would ever in a million years ever want to play.

Couple other games I've seen rumored to be coming to Gamepass

Rumors:

Back 4 Blood will be hitting Xbox Console and PC Game Pass on Day 1:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-12-looks-like-back-4-blood-hits-xbox-game-pass-day-one
Couple other games I've seen rumored to be coming to Gamepass:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

A Plague Tale sequel (Day 1 in 2022)

Speaking of Gamepass, I played Backbone on it the other day. It's kinda bad. The prologue was a 9/10 to get you hooked but the quality takes a big dip after the first act and the story goes completely off the rails near the end. The characters are interesting and dialogue well-written and but none of your choices matter throughout the game. Stealth is introduced early on and practically abandoned in no time. Sound mix is a mess, too. Beautiful game though. The parallax scrolling effect looks great as you walk around. But it's just not all that fun to play and left me wondering what might have been.

Couple other games I've seen rumored to be coming to Gamepass

Couple other games I've seen rumored to be coming to Gamepass:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon
A Plague Tale sequel (Day 1 in 2022)

Speaking of Gamepass, I played Backbone on it the other day. It's kinda bad. The prologue was a 9/10 to get you hooked but the quality takes a big dip after the first act and the story goes completely off the rails near the end. The characters are interesting and dialogue well-written and but none of your choices matter throughout the game. Stealth is introduced early on and practically abandoned in no time. Sound mix is a mess, too. Beautiful game though. The parallax scrolling effect looks great as you walk around. But it's just not all that fun to play and left me wondering what might have been.
That's too bad. It had major blacksad vibes, which I enjoyed, but also could have been much better.

UbiSoft Foward: E3 2021 Conference.

- UbiSoft announced and showed off Far Cry 6...

- ...and a Villains Season Pass DLC Pack - where you play as Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed.

- AC: Valhalla: Siege of Paris DLC announced.

- More AC: Valhalla expansions/DLC's are coming, even also into Year 2 of the game.

Gearbox:

- Tiny Tina's Wonderland and Homeworld 3 announced.

It’s basically Dark Souls with horses, a little Sekiro seasoning, and Game of Thrones plot points … I’m actually pretty psyched, I was worried it wouldn’t be Dark-Souls-esque enough. I really hope there’s a super expensive CE to buy … statue, art book, soundtrack … I’ll take it all.
tenor.gif

Watching the Gearbox Showcase was like watching one Michael Bay's action scene edits. All flash, zero substance and both leave me feeling somewhat nauseous.

UbiSoft Foward: E3 2021 Conference.

- UbiSoft announced and showed off Far Cry 6...

- ...and a Villains Season Pass DLC Pack - where you play as Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed.

- AC: Valhalla: Siege of Paris DLC announced.

- More AC: Valhalla expansions/DLC's are coming, even also into Year 2 of the game.

Gearbox:

- Tiny Tina's Wonderland and Homeworld 3 announced.
Also announced: I might actually play one of the games that I purchased during the UbiSoft Forward sale. :shock:

Well, third time's the charm:

Attempt 1: Bought a monitor for $240 on Amazon brand new, what arrived was clearly a return unit, wouldn't power on, power supply screeching.

Attempt 2: Monitor was all sold out new, so I bought a used one off Amazon Warehouse for $190. Monitor worked fine except display over USB-C. Also didn't come with the USB-C cable that was supposed to be included (someone had swapped it out for a cheap HDMI cable).

Attempt 3: Monitor was all sold out new, and all sold out used from Amazon Warehouse, so bought the same model from some sketchy third-party warehouse seller for $190. Still backed by a 90-day return policy though. Arrived and tested it out: finally got a working model. USB-C display works great, along with everything else. Even came with the included USB-C cable it was supposed to (although missing a small plastic cable management clip ... oh well).

Here's hoping if this third monitor is going to crap out on me, it does it in the next 90 days .

Xbox / Microsoft - E3 2021 Announcements:

- STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl is coming April 28th, 2022.

- Contraband announced by Avalanche & is Xbox Exclusive.

- A Plague's Tale: Requiem announced, which will be on Game Pass on Day 1.

- Slime Rancher 2, also will be Day 1 on Game Pass.

- Shredders announced.

- Atomic Heart will appear Day One on Game Pass.

- Replaced announced.

- Shroom & Doom update coming on June 30th for Grounded.

- Age of Empires 4 coming October 28th, also Day 1 on Game Pass.

- The Outer Worlds 2 announced.

- Diablo 2 Resurrected is coming September 23.

- Forza Horizon 5 will take place in Mexico with RT support; coming Nov. 9th; & another Day 1 on Game Pass.

- Starfield announced for Nov. 11, 2022; also will be on Game Pass.

- Redfall, an FPS with vampires, is coming Summer 2022 from Arkane Austin Studios.

bread's done
Back