Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
rsz_20110415154605dc7.jpg
I can read that... and it's actually relevant.

I still need to play the first. I wasn't fond of the second, and watched a friend get bored with the third.

Honestly, what does xbox have, now? Even ps4 still has/will have a decent numberof exclusives, though nowhere near the golden age of ps1/2.
I gave a very thorough list of "good" 360 exclusives a bajillion pages back. I'd rather not repost it because the locals will get mad. Just search "Ninja Gaiden" in the thread.

Re: AZNs, when I was in high school, there was an "Asian club" and an "Indo-Pak club". I don't know if they wouldn't let some Indian kid in the Asian club or if a group of Indian kids were just like "chopsticks wtf" and they had a Pakistani friend or how it happened, but it seemed really stupid to me. Just join forces and be "exclusionary nerd club"

Re: AZNs, when I was in high school, there was an "Asian club" and an "Indo-Pak club". I don't know if they wouldn't let some Indian kid in the Asian club or if a group of Indian kids were just like "chopsticks wtf" and they had a Pakistani friend or how it happened, but it seemed really stupid to me. Just join forces and be "exclusionary nerd club"
Are you kidding? Mongoloids and caucasoids sharing the same club room? Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

I still need to play the first. I wasn't fond of the second, and watched a friend get bored with the third.

Honestly, what does xbox have, now? Even ps4 still has/will have a decent numberof exclusives, though nowhere near the golden age of ps1/2.
Use the search "This Topic" feature at the top and type in "nothing." Pulled it right up for me.

Complete off topic, but that Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball game is actually pretty stupid fun.  Just played two rounds and it's a lot more fun than you would expect.  

So... I kind of got hooked on Mercenary Kings.

I randomly picked a game from my library to card idle and actually play. 2 hours later and I'm on board. It hauled me in with its old school 2D action, and offers up some fun elements of material collecting, weapon upgrading, and map exploring. There have been quite a few fetch-missions and I can see a repetitive theme throughout, but it's fun right now. Apparently there's also something called co-op, but I don't know what that is unfortunately.

Apparently Battle.net just pushed an update with an actual messenger in the client so you can chat with people outside of just doing it in the game. They've finally come into the 00s. Let's see if they can make it to the 10s in another few years.

A few more off topic things:

Escape Goat 1:  Actually not a bad little platformer/puzzler thing.  If it's only rescuing the 8 sheep or whatever I might end up finishing.

Day One: Garry's Incident: Yeah, this one is pretty bad.  It's like they took Revelations 2012 and made it worse.  The cutscenes and combat is pretty awful.  Right now I have to go kill a panther to retrieve panther meat so the native girl who stole my alcohol flask will give it back.  She doesn't speak but gibberish, but thankfully she drew that with chalk on a rock so I know what to do.  

Complete off topic, but that Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball game is actually pretty stupid fun. Just played two rounds and it's a lot more fun than you would expect.
The excitement kicked in when balls were flying all around and I didn't want to break my winning streak. Unfortunately I had to stop playing after an hour as the game gave me motion sickness. It was fun even playing with bots and that voice acting...hasta la vista, baby. :mrgreen:

The excitement kicked in when balls were flying all around and I didn't want to break my winning streak. Unfortunately I had to stop playing after an hour as the game gave me motion sickness. It was fun even playing with bots and that voice acting...hasta la vista, baby. :mrgreen:
Yeah, the graphics could definitely give people issues. When it first loaded I thought it was going to be crap, but then I really got into it. It's simple, but has a lot of I guess technique you have to use. Not sure if I played with bots or online, i just clicked quick match.

Oknytt store page is not up yet but the steam keys are now available if you bought any of the following bundles, check your desura collection or Groupees page.

Groupees Build a Bundle 7

Indie Royale Debut 5 Bundle

Indie Gala Doorways Bundle

Most of the multiplayer to those gamespy games are tacked on/crappy.
Wha?? Battlefield 2, Company of Heroes, Quake, Tribes, Unreal Tournament?? Some of those listed are all-time classic multiplayer games!

Fortunately, we're just talking about a master server for matchmaking and most of the fans for the games with any multiplayer activity have managed to create their own, but it's still a pain in the ass compared to what it should be. Gamespy started sucking as a service over a decade ago though, so it's kind of a shame certain companies continued to rely on them long after they should have.

It'd be nice to see some of these games get an official patch to remedy the problem.

While catching up on the thread this morning I was tickled to notice that you can't spell "MysterD" without the letters D, R and M.

Furthermore, if 'e were from Yorkshire like, an anagram would be "Yes t' DRM!".

P.s. Japan is in Japan you sillies.

Day One: Garry's Incident: Yeah, this one is pretty bad. It's like they took Revelations 2012 and made it worse. The cutscenes and combat is pretty awful. Right now I have to go kill a panther to retrieve panther meat so the native girl who stole my alcohol flask will give it back. She doesn't speak but gibberish, but thankfully she drew that with chalk on a rock so I know what to do.
It'd be fun for march madness (a bit late, i know) to do a "worst games on steam" bracket, with this, ride to hell, etc in it

It'd be fun for march madness (a bit late, i know) to do a "worst games on steam" bracket, with this, ride to hell, etc in it

go watch any video gameplay of it and it'll be readily apparent within a few minutes

No, I haven't played it, but a survey of review sites tells the story: persistent glitches, terrible gameplay, and a ridiculous story (the last one is probably at least partially intentional).
I have that one installed too! Will play it this weekend to see how bad it is. I played an hour of Call of Juarez: The Cartel the other night and it definitely wasn't one of the better shooters I've played, but it has nothing on Garry's Incident.

I also played a few minutes of Monaco last night and wasn't too impressed with it. It's online only as far as I can tell, so I don't like that. I need to learn the controls a little better, but I didn't really get what was going on. Just felt like you walked a crudely drawn character around the stage and waited in certain places for things to unlock. I assume it gets more challenging the deeper I go, but didn't grab me with the little I played of it.

How do you set up offline SP? Every mode I tried made me join online games.
It's entirely possible that they've disabled SP for the free weekenders. They do that on Call of Duty, don't they?

Regardless, it's infinitely better with friends. Just don't play with louiedog (or was it plft?) as he has psychopathic tendencies.

Has anyone actually played Ride To Hell? I'm curious why it's so bad.
I almost feel like you are baiting me in to watching this again... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HTKWX15oo

Wha?? Battlefield 2, Company of Heroes, Quake, Tribes, Unreal Tournament?? Some of those listed are all-time classic multiplayer games!

Fortunately, we're just talking about a master server for matcmaking and most of the fans for the games with any multiplayer activity have managed to create their own, but it's still a pain in the ass compared to what it should be. Gamespy started sucking as a service over a decade ago though, so it's kind of a shame certain companies continued to rely on them long after they should have.

It'd be nice to see some of these games get an official patch to remedy the problem.
Completely agree with you on all accounts... Though, truth be told, I'm sort of shocked to see Gamespy on some of these games. I know I'm not a huge PC gamer but I thought they where long gone before now.

Ride to Hell looks like one of those games that are fun because they are so bad, but it isn't. It is just bad. Watching other people play might be fun, but not experiencing it yourself.

Chose play, on the next screen in the lower left is "Play online" P

Hit P to change it to Play offline.

It's entirely possible that they've disabled SP for the free weekenders. They do that on Call of Duty, don't they?

Regardless, it's infinitely better with friends. Just don't play with louiedog (or was it plft?) as he has psychopathic tendencies.
Okay, I will look into it. I own it though, so they should disable offline I wouldn't think. I was playing with a controller too which wasn't intuitive at all.

Completely agree with you on all accounts... Though, truth be told, I'm sort of shocked to see Gamespy on some of these games. I know I'm not a huge PC gamer but I thought they where long gone before now.
Nope. GameSpy was still being used on new games until August of last year.

The last game to use GameSpy? LOST PLANET 3

Coincidence? :bouncy:

Also, ARMA 3 and Civ V use it. Those are pretty recent, big-name games. It really shows you Bohemia's logic. They have a game you need Steam for, and instead of using Steamworks multiplayer, they use GameSpy.

Guess why. You should only need one guess.

Ride to Hell looks like one of those games that are fun because they are so bad, but it isn't. It is just bad. Watching other people play might be fun, but not experiencing it yourself.
I hear what you are saying. But it is also one of those games (for me) that, despite all reasonable warnings, still looks bad enough that it would be fun to play. I find myself being drawn to that game like a moth to a flame.

GetGamesGo has a few sales for the weekend.

Painkiller sale for 75% off
Games include:
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - $4.99
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation Collectors Edition - $7.49
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - Demonic Vacation at the Blood Sea - $1.74
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - Full Metal Rocket - $0.99
  • Painkiller Black Edition - $2.49
  • Painkiller Hell & Damnation - City Critters DLC 7 - $1.74
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - Heaven's Above -$2.49
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - Medieval Horror - $0.99
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - Operation Zombie Bunker - $1.74
  • Painkiller Hell and Damnation - The Clock Strikes Meat Night - $1.74
  • Painkiller Overdose - $1.24
  • Painkiller Recurring Evil - $2.49
  • Painkiller Redemption - $1.24
  • Painkiller Universe - $3.24 (Not Steam, KEYCODE)
BioShock Mac sale, up to 75% off
[customspoiler="Games include:"]
  • Bioshock Infinite (Mac) - $7.49
  • BioShock Infinite - Burial at Sea: Episode 1 (Mac) - $7.49
  • BioShock Infinite - Burial at Sea: Episode 2 (Mac) - $12.74
  • BioShock Infinite - Clash in the Clouds (Mac) - $2.49
  • BioShock Infinite - Columbia's Finest (Mac) - $2.49
  • BioShock 2 (Mac) - $4.99
  • BioShock (Mac) - $9.99 (Not Steam, KEYCODE)
[/customspoiler]

(Note: Don't buy these here before checking GMG and GameAgent. GMG is having a 2k sale, with some better prices and a 20% voucher (maybe) plus use of Playfire credit.  GameAgent also has a Bioshock sale today (4/4), for 75% off.)

Sleeping Dogs sale, up to 75% off
Games include:
  • Sleeping Dogs - $4.99
  • Sleeping Dogs - DLC Collection - $8.74
  • Sleeping Dogs - Dragon Master Pack - $2.71
  • Sleeping Dogs - High Roller Pack - $1.01
  • Sleeping Dogs - Law Enforcer Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Monkey King Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare In Northpoint Pack - $1.69
  • Sleeping Dogs - Red Envelope Pack - $1.01
  • Sleeping Dogs - Retro Triad Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Square Enix Character Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Gold Pack - $1.01
  • Sleeping Dogs - Top Dog Silver Pack - $0.67
  • Sleeping Dogs - Wheels of Fury Pack - $1.35
  • Sleeping Dogs - Year of the Snake - $2.37
  • Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament - $1.69
Daily DealAll activate on Steam unless otherwise noted.

If anyone signed up with GameAgent when they were giving away that Borderlands 2 DLC a while back, you should check your email. They're having a sale through April 12 with new deals each day (you have to have a free account there, I believe).

For example: 

Borderlands 2 GOTY: $10

Borderlands 2 Season Pass: $7.50

Now, that says "Today Only". I don't know when their prices switch so it could be good for another 24 hours, or it could be getting ready to expire.

Be aware that this is a MAC site, though games like BL2 are SteamPlay and will activate as PC/Mac on Steam. I would do some research before buying anything from this site if you're not a Mac user.  

FYI--Shinyloot has EU IV on sale for $10, which is just about the cheapest it's been (~$8 on Nuuvem). I still feel like this title will turn up in a bundle because Paradox. Also I haven't played EU III or CK II yet. 

Okay... the Borderlands 2 Game Agent deals are over (I guess they switch at 1pm EST, like Steam). 

The new deals are BioShock-related. The price for the base game (comes with Columbia's Finest DLC) is $7.49 and Season Pass is $5.00. Those prices appear to be the best available right now. Essentially, BioShock: Infinite GOTY for $12.50. 

Again, SteamPlay (Mac/PC) on these two items. 

FYI--Shinyloot has EU IV on sale for $10, which is just about the cheapest it's been (~$8 on Nuuvem). I still feel like this title will turn up in a bundle because Paradox. Also I haven't played EU III or CK II yet.
I want EUIV, but I am also going to hold off. Paradox games are bundled often, because they make a lot of their sales off of add-ons (some cosmetic, some content-related).

EUIII if you somehow haven't gotten it yet, can be had for dirt cheap for the 'complete' version. Otherwise you pretty much need to be happy with the base game if you buy IV as DLC will eat you alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back