Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Shit... That looks awesome. :D

That would suck if it's PS4 only. That looks pretty badass.
Looks very badass... Hopefully it won't be an exclusive. I would imagine as hot as a studio as From Software is right now that a exclusivity contract doesn't look very appealing... (And hopefully they've learned their "lesson" with working with Sony...)

I'd say it depends on how much you paid for the code and how much it would turn out per game.
I'm not sure how that would work but there's not even close to the cheap 13.00 code that others found... but to me Murdered: Soul Suspect and THIEF made it profitable already. (I got a gold code for 24.99 BTN. Auction codes are going so close to that I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.)

Just downloaded an 865mb update for Super Street Fighter IV, no more GFWL, Steamworks all the way! :D/

Let's all celebrate by playing a few matches during the weekend:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrownDerby

Just got the same update. :D (and I would be game for Sunday morning... at least for a bit. Have to go to bed early.)

Here's the thing. He doesn't really care. He just has had a bug up his ass about me for a long time that he refuses to pull out or excrete so he looks for anything and everything to take a potshot at me. Not even worth replying to really. Just let him say his mess.
This is getting old. MNS has tried to make peace with you, has ignored you, and you're the one who goes from thread to thread pulling up your one-sided spat. Drop it.

Isn't it time for your bimonthly retiring from CAG?

So for anyone interested in grabbing Defiance before it goes F2P to get the bonuses or even just interested in collector's edition stuff Gamestop marked down both the Ultimate Edition and Collector's Edition to $7.99.

It's out of stock online but you can check stores near you to see if they have any. Of course that's a very YMMV sort of thing but Fox and I managed to grab one each in the Seattle area of the Ultimate Edition.

For reference the Ultimate Edition has:

• Defiance Messenger Bag
  • Game box and disc
  • Hellbug Statue
  • Art of Defiance Art Book
  • Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
  • VBI Contact
  • Two Defiance post cards
  • Digital Items:
  • 1,200 Bits
  • Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • Retailer Exclusive weapon
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 7 Day scrip boost
  • 7 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • In-game title: Badlands Drifter
  • 1 year Season Pass

And the Collector's Edition has:

• Game box and disc
  • Hellbug Statue
  • Art of Defiance Art Book
  • Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
  • VBI Contact
  • Two Defiance post cards
  • Digital Items:
  • Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
  • Hydra Heavy Weapon
  • Retailer Exclusive weapon
  • VBI Sentinel Shield
  • 7 Day scrip boost
  • 7 Day XP boost
  • Lock Box
  • +5 Inventory
  • In-game title: Badlands Drifter
  • 15 mins Episode 1 Defiance TV Series
I was able to get an extra of the Collector's Edition if anyone wanted one but wasn't able to get one.

It has been a while, but I just recently got a way to play some PC games again.
Man, I missed it.
So, I will be hanging out in here again.
Just thought I would say "Hey!".

Just downloaded an 865mb update for Super Street Fighter IV, no more GFWL, Steamworks all the way! :D/

Let's all celebrate by playing a few matches during the weekend:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrownDerby
Well, seeing as InmateofArkham was nice enough to trade me his extra for my copy of D&D, I'll be able to play this weekend, so maybe we can all set something up. :mrgreen:

It has been a while, but I just recently got a way to play some PC games again. Man, I missed it. So, I will be hanging out in here again. Just thought I would say "Hey!".
Welcome back. Wanna be the new :newbie: now?

I'm not sure how that would work but there's not even close to the cheap 13.00 code that others found... but to me Murdered: Soul Suspect and THIEF made it profitable already. (I got a gold code for 24.99 BTN. Auction codes are going so close to that I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.)

Just got the same update. :D (and I would be game for Sunday morning... at least for a bit. Have to go to bed early.)
I grabbed a AMD Gold for $24 buy it now. Got Murdered, Banner Saga/DYAD, and Thief. Don't really want Thief, but I'm having a hard time selling it, even at $10.

GetGames is having a Devolver Digital sale this weekend, for 75-85% off.

Games include:

• Hotline Miami - $2.47 (75% off)
  • Shadow Warrior - $9.99 (75% off)
  • Shadow Warrior Special Edition - $12.49 (75% off)
  • Defense Technica - $2.24 (85% off)
  • Foul Play - $3.74 (75% off)
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE Gold - $12.49 (75% off)
All activate on Steam.

Sure, but shouldn't we be encouraged to discuss things we're passionate about, ESPECIALLY game genres people might be ignorant about? Obviously dude likes these types of games, and if he's made at least 1 person get interested in the genre, then good for them. I mean it's fine if everyone kept to themselves about what type of games they like, but isn't the beauty of forums like these the opportunity to share with others things previously unknown to them?

/end strawman rant
My point wasn't to try and shut him up, just that I found it frustrating he went from "I like this game and here's why you should, but it's cool if you don't" to "you surrendered you masculinity a long time ago so don't be talking bad about my visual novels". It's a jump from open acceptance to force feeding, but apparently I'm the devil so what do I know.

I grabbed a AMD Gold for $24 buy it now. Got Murdered, Banner Saga/DYAD, and Thief. Don't really want Thief, but I'm having a hard time selling it, even at $10.

Hey guys, I also got the Amd reward and Murdered: Soul Suspect. Is AMD good about getting the keys out on time?

Also, I've never pre-ordered a PC game before. So if I get the key before the release date, should I pre-load the game or does that cause problems? (I did a google search and it seems like some people have reported problems.)

I'm the devil so what do I know.
VZodmkr.jpg

Where is my Heart?

YTFBK-MDLM8-2K2MD

You could graciously take the code and then buy a copy for a friend or do a giveaway with said bought copy. Or you could be an asshole.
Really? I'm an asshole because I didn't take a free code that I didn't ask for? I was pretty nice about it when I told Bobby that he should give it to somebody that would enjoy it more than me. It's no wonder that I don't post in here as often as I'd like.

Really? I'm an asshole because I didn't take a free code that I didn't ask for? I was pretty nice about it when I told Bobby that he should give it to somebody that would enjoy it more than me. It's no wonder that I don't post in here as often as I'd like.
Angrycall.jpg

I thought the unnecessary snark would make you feel at home given that's exactly how one of the PSN thread regulars would respond.

Hey guys, I also got the Amd reward and Murdered: Soul Suspect. Is AMD good about getting the keys out on time?

Also, I've never pre-ordered a PC game before. So if I get the key before the release date, should I pre-load the game or does that cause problems? (I did a google search and it seems like some people have reported problems.)
I did the same and AMD hasn't emailed me a key yet, but they do have a few more days, so we'll see. I've never heard of any issues with preloading. Not sure how big this particular game is going to be. As long as it isn't Wolfenstein big (43GB) I might just wait until release to avoid any issues.

I thought the unnecessary snark would make you feel at home given that's exactly how one of the PSN thread regulars would respond.

I did the same and AMD hasn't emailed me a key yet, but they do have a few more days, so we'll see. I've never heard of any issues with preloading. Not sure how big this particular game is going to be. As long as it isn't Wolfenstein big (43GB) I might just wait until release to avoid any issues.
Ok cool. I'm actually excited to play this game, I'm surprised that it has no hype.

The only problems you can get for preloading is having to wait for the game to finish decrypting. I prepurchased RE4 and had to wait about half an hour (maybe less) for the game to decrypt. Depending on your connection speed it might be faster to just download the decrypted game. :p

I'm personally hoping that these AMD keys will have the preorder stuff. I got the game through the Never Settle Reloaded bundle too (thanks to an XFX guy who helped me get my rewards, yay)

I know. But I had a spare and figured you'd appreciate the game more so than the usual Steam hoarder, so I let you have it.

We give each other games all the time here. That's just how it works. No begging required.

But it's okay, I already found another person to give it to.
go lick ur booby heh e

The only problems you can get for preloading is having to wait for the game to finish decrypting. I prepurchased RE4 and had to wait about half an hour (maybe less) for the game to decrypt. Depending on your connection speed it might be faster to just download the decrypted game. :p

I'm personally hoping that these AMD keys will have the preorder stuff. I got the game through the Never Settle Reloaded bundle too (thanks to an XFX guy who helped me get my rewards, yay)
I'm definitely pre-loading If i get the key early then, it takes all night to download big games for me.

[quote name="gilby" post="11801109" timestamp="1401459919"]I was able to get an extra of the Collector's Edition if anyone wanted one but wasn't able to get one.[/quote]

I picked up the last Ultimate at a Gamestop. Holy Balls is this (box) big! (That's what she said)

So is there a CAG Defiance ... what do you kids call it?... A Klan? A Cult? A Coven? to join where we all shoot each other in the back?

There's another one of those free game bundles happening for 10 days over at MAC App Deals. 5 out of the 8 games are also for PC.

Freebie Gamer Bundle

MAC and PC:
Brickshooter Egypt
Atlantis Quest
BigHead BASH
Crazy Fairies
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters

MAC only:
Otto Matic
Nanosaur 2: Hatchling
Gears

Anybody up on the Dead State drama?  I dropped it to the bottom of my wishlist after finding out it was a turn based RPG since those tend to be no fun for me, but I was reading the top rated review and thought it was interesting.  Personally, it sounds like the guy pulled a Fox and got a little obsessive with his criticism of the game/devs.

His main gripe seems to be that EA to the game only gets you a demo of the first 7 days of the game until the full game is released.  I can see his point in a way since the games in EA are supposed to basically be close to done with the bugs being worked out.  At the same time, it seems he's making too much out of it since a lot of the stuff in EA is far from the finished product.  

I have Dead State backlogged. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on the page that it's essentially a 7 day demo. Most of the little I've looked at seems positive though.

Edit: Depending how Metro LL goes I'll try to give this a whirl this weekend and give you my impressions.

Nobody insults me in the PSN thread for no reason, but I see why you'd get heckled in there for being as hostile as you are here.
I'm a little confused as to what's going on here as I rarely venture out of the Steam thread. But anyways, hello. Would you like a cup of tea?

We're not all mindless savages in here.

*adjusts monocle*

My Gearcrack Arena key from WGN ended up in my spam folder, so now I have a spare one if anyone is still needing. Thread regs only, reply to this post.

Nobody insults me in the PSN thread for no reason, but I see why you'd get heckled in there for being as hostile as you are here.
Of course not, you're part of the gang there, but then you don't really get upset when they heckle other random people asking questions or what not. I figured you'd have thicker skin, but I guess you're not as frisky as you try to make it seem. Cheer up. Buy some State of Decay. It's a great game. If you prefer you can wait a few days for it to go back to regular price and come back and brag about how much more you supported the devs.

New Indie Gala bundle live:

Indie Gala Encore Bundle - $1 (for the first 48h)

• LUME
  • Tobe's Vertical Adventure
  • Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
  • Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
  • Strategic War in Europe
  • The Cat Lady
  • C-RUSH
I guess they got tired of the Friday bundle concept after a few weeks?

I have Dead State backlogged. I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on the page that it's essentially a 7 day demo. Most of the little I've looked at seems positive though.

Edit: Depending how Metro LL goes I'll try to give this a whirl this weekend and give you my impressions.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I'm usually not into turn based stuff. I already have Project Zomboid, which scratches the same itch and is equally unfinished last time I played.

New Indie Gala bundle live:

Indie Gala Encore Bundle - $1 (for the first 48h)

• LUME
  • Tobe's Vertical Adventure
  • Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
  • Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
  • Strategic War in Europe
  • The Cat Lady
  • C-RUSH
Finally! A cheap bundle with Cat Lady in it. Too bad I own all the other games except for Abyss and Strategic.

76 cents cheaper to buy them separately than to buy the complete pack.
Yeah. The reason being is that the MSRP for the Complete Pack higher than the MSRP for both combined. :wall:

[customspoiler='Why can't we all get along?']
fox__tanuki_and_cat_28_by_pekepeke3-d3iss1o.jpg
[/customspoiler]
aliens-cat-1338935998_full550.jpg

Finally! A cheap bundle with Cat Lady in it. Too bad I own all the other games except for Abyss and Strategic.

Yeah. The reason being is that the MSRP for the Complete Pack higher than the MSRP for both combined. :wall:
:newbie:

Like anyone cares about reason.... ZOMG CHEAPER. :newbie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back