Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So without being forced to scour the varied bundle threads, what good bundles are out there now? I like platformers, strategy (no rts), rpg, arcade, 2d shooters, and puzzle. I hate point and click adventure games and visual novels along with fps, mmorpg, and rts.
You're asking us? We all have everything so we think every bundle sucks. Just check the front page of igbwiki or Indie Kings site or something.

Thanks guys, I'll try and trade.

The russian versions are english as well correct lol? No problems or such running them on Steam (region locked etc.?)
If you've yet to buy it, the Russian version of Borderlands 2 GOTY gives 2 copies in your library, a Russian and Freedom Land version.Twice the bang for your buck.

Searching bing for "toasters duh doofus" brings up a site called chickensmoothie.com I did not look into this further

Not sure if this was mentioned. Just checked my Indiegala Greenlight bundle 3 and saw Data Hacker - Initiation steam key was available.

Mooby might be the only person to prefer Jimmy's Vendetta over the base game then.

So without being forced to scour the varied bundle threads, what good bundles are out there now? I like platformers, strategy (no rts), rpg, arcade, 2d shooters, and puzzle. I hate point and click adventure games and visual novels along with fps, mmorpg, and rts.
Could also sort by bundles on ITAD.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-koXQqD0p5s&list=UUEmCXnbNYz-MOtXi3lZ7W1Q&index=7[/youtube]

I have to start posting more.

That jshackles idling thing included code lifted from SAM.  Good going, you double pirates.  Just reported you all to Playfire twice.

Apparently that was the first draft version and he uploaded the wrong one, so it's down for now.

... what jshackles idling thing?
It's similar to SAM, but automatically idles and switches between all of your games until there are no drops remaining.

Maybe Modest Package meant to post that on neogaf, where jshackles lives. He doesn't seem to be very active on CAG.

It's similar to SAM, but automatically idles and switches between all of your games until there are no drops remaining.

Maybe Modest Package meant to post that on neogaf, where jshackles lives. He doesn't seem to be very active on CAG.
Ah, okay.

I'll stick to McPixel and editing appid, I guess. I'd rather put that crap game to use. :p

Shackles is a traitor, he chose gaf over cag. There's this guy on gaf JaseC who like has every single steam game known to man also. Im pretty jelly of dat doe

I noticed that too, that he pulled a Josh on us.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-koXQqD0p5s&list=UUEmCXnbNYz-MOtXi3lZ7W1Q&index=7[/youtube]

I have to start posting more.
fuck ing awesome, I love their parodies

first cag regular with 1 million posts gets a copy of bad rats

damn, what the hell have I done

• posts3,410
  • Profile Views5,358
3606 LIKES
Excellent

useful posts 3

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYiQRaxcyH4[/youtube]

Contest over. Total match $66.75

Winners who get to pick from my bundle leftovers: jimbodan, malkan, jacob sweet, rhynometheus, Senior Package, waggles, tom nigro, and uh three of you from that big group donation. DrRock, you are included as well. Please pm me your top 3 choices from the list below.

39 Steps

7th Guest

Alien spidey

Aveyond Twilight

beatbuddy guardians

blue toad murder files

Broken Sword 2

clickr

Dear Esther

Divinity II

dollar Dash

Ethan Meteor

Fortix 2

grimind

gun metal

hostile waters

huntsman orphanage

Ion Assault

Legend of Dungeon

little street racers

miner wars arena SE

Oil Rush

Party of Sin

party of sin

Postal 1

Ravensword shadowlands

risen

Sanf-froid werewolves

Shattered Haven

Skyborn

Sup Com

Sup Com FA

survivor squad

sweezy gunner

Symphony

Tiny and Big Grandpa

To the Moon

Unearthed Ep 1

Influx

Woodcutter Sim

Bridge It

Crazy Machines

Crazy Machines 1.5

Crazy Machines 2

Stacking
Thanks again for doing that, and thanks to everyone who donated!

ok... nobody force the good doctor to play Bad Rats or Ride to Hell...He's a nice dude. Those 2 can drive him mad
We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

So I'v been playing Plague, Inc. on the phone lately. I bought it back in December using Amazon credit and it's a pretty good, challenging game. So far I haven't been able to pass the first stage on Normal difficulty, but I've just been randomly evolving my disease with little thought so it's prevented me from killing off the entire world.

I notice that the mobile version is not surprisingly full of in game purchases for stuff. For example, the Simian Flu Planet of the Apes tie in you can play once and then you have to buy.

For those who have it on PC, is all that content already unlocked? I don't see any DLC listed on Steam so if the Evolved version has all this stuff unlocked it actually might not be a bad deal.

Also, has the multiplayer been implemented in the game yet?
Everything is included with the game when you get it on PC. You still unlock the genes and viruses as you go.

If you want to beat the first stage on normal, concentrate on transmissions and staying undetected. Start in Saudi Arabia, spread by Air and Sea, get drug and cold resistance, then develop rashes, sweating, and skin lesions to spread faster, rat carriers to help spread in cities, wait for people in Greenland to get sick, develop necrosis, and then grab all the good deadly symptoms from the middle of the symptom tree and wait for every human to drop dead, bleeding and shitting from every orifice.

We were discussing this a few days ago. As far as I can tell most stuff is unlocked by default on the PC version, whereas you have to buy it with in game (or real) money on the mobile version. It's not nearly as bad a grind as most mobile games though, which is nice.
There is no in-game money. Most of the stuff is free. You unlock it the same way you do on PC. The Necroa Virus and the Neurax Worm cost extra, and apparently the Monkey Boner Miracle Hour is paid also. Those are the best ones, also, turning the whole world into zombies or making them all worship the worm in their brains.

Yeesh, I have less than no interest in that game. MC is a plague who's goal is to kill everyone on Earth? No thanks. I used to not play zombie games because I was terrified of what would happen if zombies actually existed (I was really young.) but I knew it wouldn't now. But a plague? That's a real threat. And not only that, but in the zombie games, you fought the zombies. Here you ARE the plague. Makes me ill just thinking about it.
I will admit, I have been following this Ebola outbreak with more fear than I otherwise would have.

First Steam CAG regular with at least 2,500+ posts to quote this gets an Aces Wild steam key.
I have been here over ten years and I have less than half that. I need to develop an obsession to post about.

I have more profile views and likes than I do posts. Ya'll need to stfu.
It's the CAG kill / death ratio.

I didn't think it would be more than $29.99. From what I'd seen in their promo stuff I thought they meant it wouldn't have a campaign the size of the other two games.

But $60? Jesus, I'm sure it'll be full of DLC too. I can wait to grab the game when it hits $5.

You can play something more family friendly, like DEFCON.
Still no.

Do you not play GTA because you're afraid of being mugged?
Of course I play GTA. Once again, I have a problem with a plague. That wipes out the population of the entire Earth. That's not fun. Mugging people is fun. Both in game and IRL...

I mean... QUACK!

I will admit, I have been following this Ebola outbreak with more fear than I otherwise would have.
Forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder...

You gotta say why it's really good snakeybiscuit!
Ok, it has some really good animation and its kinda like Limbo but sci-fi and you play as the ai suit that protects the guy inside of it, its a platformer, kinda point and click game with puzzles. It's a really high quality game, not bundle fodder like that shitty Stained game.

Maybe this is a repeat, but I noticed I voted on Dangeron already for a free key, but never joined the group. I also notice a considerable lack of CAG's in the group to get the free key. Perhaps the group requirement is new? I recall a similar discussion in the past so if this is a new requirement, HOORAY, we still get keys to a crap game.

Deets here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/292139469
It is new. Thanks. I told that dev previously to post a new announcement if she(?) makes a group, which I figured she would. Of course she doesn't and just edited the original post instead so it won't actually populate again to anyone's feeds.

Oh and she says it will be easy to distribute keys. Right. Have fun getting burned out and frustrated due to lack of organization and way too many requests and dealing with an angry mob. Carl tried to help her but she wouldn't listen.

It is new. Thanks. I told that dev previously to post a new announcement if she(?) makes a group, which I figured she would. Of course she doesn't and just edited the original post instead so it won't actually populate again to anyone's feeds.

Oh and she says it will be easy to distribute keys. Right. Have fun getting burned out and frustrated due to lack of organization and way too many requests and dealing with an angry mob. Carl tried to help her but she wouldn't listen.
In alot of ways I think she knew what she was doing in editing the post. Some other devs have done this where later they were like "Oh but you needed to join the group which was specified 3 days ago...!"

It's basically a way to trick people and not have to deal out as many keys.

Anybody read this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/why-do-so-many-people-hate-indie-games?

It doesn't really look like it was directed at PC gamers per se, but what I found absurd about the article and a lot of the comments that followed it was the inherent assumption that there is something objectively good about a game like Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge. I don't mind playing games with "retro" graphics but only if the gameplay compensates for it. I don't want to play something and get the sense that the graphics are terrible just because the developer couldn't do any better. I also don't really have any nostalgic feelings about games that mostly involve jumping from place to place and shooting at things, despite the fact that I'm 42 years old. If I don't like things that are like Super Mario Brothers or Sonic the Hedgehog or whatever, then I don't think that I should be labelled an "indie-hater." I try to like every game I put the effort to play into, but if I don't like it, I don't like it. In fact here's a short list of games I've been playing recently that are universally acclaimed but that I'm unlikely to finish: Borderlands 2 (forcing me to do side quests just so I can level up enough to complete the story mode isn't going to fly), FTL (I probably just don't like rogue-likes either--the most irritating thing about this game is the permadeath), and Dungeons of Dredmor (this is much less aggravating than FTL, but the procedural generation means there's not much of a story hook to make it interesting). 

Moreover, if remaking old games (i.e., making the latest and greatest "Metroidvania") is the best that indie developers can do, I think they deserve criticism in the same way that people criticize Activision and EA for churning out the same FPS and sports games every year. 

That American doctor who contracted it 's family just came back to the states! :itshappening:

edit: @warren - I didn't spend $500 on a console to play indie games. I spent $1000 on this pc to.

You're on IGN, what did you expect?
Haha, this. I just skimmed because I can't be bothered to waste time on editorials devoid of content, but I got the impression that the opinion is about two years too late. People hate on indies because of the abuse of early access and the fact that the majority (I assume, as I only try to play the good ones) aren't worth the time it took to code them, let alone play them. I LOVE indies that do something new successfully. I have a soft spot for true innovation, as do most of us, I would guess. But the market is definitely overcrowded with bundleware that's good for no more than the +1's. And the IGN editors always give off this vibe of fakeybro console orientation, so I wouldn't expect their opinion on indies to have any relevance to us whatsoever.

And on a related note, I decided to try out the Advanced Edition of FTL the other night and it's fantastic. Got me hooked all over again. Although, warren, you wouldn't like it as the added systems and complexity just mean that many more ways you can die.

People don't play games but they do install them -- that's why they need 10 Teramegasoopahdoopahbyte hard drives.  To store the stuff they don't play.

Wasn't necessary to install Origin to redeem the code. Maybe *cough* at some point they'll patch it out.

This makes me feel dirty, even though 50 of them are installed just for cardfarming.

b08313b662.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back