Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
People used to complain that my website had too much text. I was like, seriously? You'd like it better if I replaced the words with slower loading pictures of the words? It get pissed off at things like my email now, which insist in replace everything with a damn picture, which is great for illiterate people, but just makes me memorize what the pictures mean instead of sticking to words that most of us learned a long time ago. If we insist on that, perhaps we should just go with a proven format like hieroglyphs.

Then, on Facebook pages I know that just text invariably will get less shares and likes then the same damn words on a picture. It's ridiculous, but just put it on a picture and it might go from 2,500 people seeing it, to 25,000. Anyway, my point is may be I read about Heavy Fire Afghanistan after it was greenlit and that's why I was familiar but never was a member of the group.

[]

Does anyone have any informed opinions on the Tropico 4 DLCs (Apocalypse and such)?
I've got about 100 hours into Tropico 4 and have beaten all the DLC scenarios so I'd say If you can get them really cheap, especially if you enjoy playing the scenarios, go for it.They basically each add 1 building, 1 character trait, 1 scenario, and I believe an outfit. If you are just playing in sandbox with modern times then I'm not sure. My favorite DLC building was the Plantation but the Biofarm makes them pretty much obsolete. Some of the new traits are fun to play with and I use a couple of them often. Out of all the building I'd say Voodoo Manor, Plantation, Smuggler's Hut, Cement Factory, and Bunker have some use. The other DLC buildings I never build unless specifically required to for a scenario.

Don't think I voted for that one but seeing on rails shooter on Greenlight I see why. I also voted no to another free one that looked like a terrible shooting gallery though the name escapes me now.
I assume you mean Reload, which is still on greenlight in case anyone missed it last time (make sure to join the group too).

People used to complain that my website had too much text. I was like, seriously? You'd like it better if I replaced the words with slower loading pictures of the words? It get pissed off at things like my email now, which insist in replace everything with a damn picture, which is great for illiterate people, but just makes me memorize what the pictures mean instead of sticking to words that most of us learned a long time ago. If we insist on that, perhaps we should just go with a proven format like hieroglyphs.

Then, on Facebook pages I know that just text invariably will get less shares and likes then the same damn words on a picture. It's ridiculous, but just put it on a picture and it might go from 2,500 people seeing it, to 25,000. Anyway, my point is may be I read about Heavy Fire Afghanistan after it was greenlit and that's why I was familiar but never was a member of the group.
2r20qk9.jpg

Stop supporting shitty games that promise free copies, need to keep the shovelware outta here!
But without them the shovel factories will go out of business. I willnot be responsible for those poor factory workers going homeless. Support the dwindling shovel industry! Support shovelware!

So paying a lot is supporting indie games but buying those same games cheap in a bundle makes them shitty. Got it.

So paying a lot is supporting indie games but buying those same games cheap in a bundle makes them shitty. Got it.
Didn't you know? When a game ends up in a bundle and goes for cheap it rips a hole in the fabric of spacetime that removes all playability from said game retroactively making said game complete and utter shit. Even if you once thought the game was the greatest game ever before the bundle after the bundle you will only have memories of always hating it.

I am coming up on 1000 games on Steam, but rather than make #1000 the big deal, I am actually going to make the last 25 a big deal. Thus I am looking for your overall Top 5 games or if you want to make specific recommendations based on what I own and play, my game list is here. From this I'll build my Top 25 and plan on getting them during the Fall/Winter sale.
Since I only got 2 responses, I will post this again.

Well - apparently the heavy fire group is invite only now?

I'd probably never play it anyway so no great loss I guess.
Well that's kind of the point to get everyone in before the game gets Greenlit and then lock it once it does so that people can't all come along later and try to get a free key when they didn't vote before it got in.

Someone might have mentioned it already, but in case not, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare has a 72 hour free to play thing going on right now on Origin like they did with Battlefield 4. I know some people were interested in trying it out.

Guacamelee was pretty good fun for the first half, but the second half was mildly rage inducing. 37 dashing derp derps out of 74 fuckyouthatsfuckingbullshithowthefuckamisupposedtohitthatassholeiquitohhesdeadiguessillkeepgoings

Guacamelee was pretty good fun for the first half, but the second half was mildly rage inducing. 37 dashing derp derps out of 74 fuckyouthatsfuckingbullshithowthefuckamisupposedtohitthatassholeiquitohhesdeadiguessillkeepgoings
Some of the platforming elements later on really catch you off guard.

highly recommend Awesomenauts for anyone that enjoys fun games!

Still iffy on Max Payne 3. Is the single player alone worth it?
Max Payne 3 is a good shooter. Good shooting mechanics, good graphics, slowmo kiils, etc. It just fails as a Max Payne game IMO. Totally different tone than the first 2. Still worth playing tho.

Does SnakeyBro play the games he's paying for at full price?

Because if buying at full price has forced him to play every game in his library, that's kind of admirable.

The most important thing to come out of those 61 is that everyone's finally agreed on what an RPG really is.
But that was in a different thread. I don't think this one has come to a consensus yet. Anyone want to start?

There were a couple of spots that were frustrating, but once you get through those, you shouldn't have much trouble. I enjoyed a lot of it, but those few spots soured the experience a bit for me.

Well that's kind of the point to get everyone in before the game gets Greenlit and then lock it once it does so that people can't all come along later and try to get a free key when they didn't vote before it got in.
Bleh, I was skimming through the threads trying to catch up (haven't been on much the past couple days), saw the post, tried to join the group, didn't even realize it had been greenlit already. Oh well. Like I said, I'd probably never get around to playing it anyway. No biggie.

Some of the optional stuff in that game is controller-breakingly hard. That room with the disappearing blocks...*shudder*
I nearly tossed my controller at my tv for that one. My gf and I ended up finding a way for us to do it co-op that was easier than solo. But yeah, that one and a couple others were just ridiculous.

I own Ground Zeroes on PS3 and PS4, got 100% on each. Would pre-order for Steam too. I think I'd buy physical copies of these cause I have a thing about MGS. I want them for my MGS physical collection. Give it to me now, Kojima! Add some enhanced graphics, too.
And then Naked Snakes Eyes became a Snakeybro.

I thought what you said about the CEO was a joke but I looked it up. WTF!?
Got a link? Googled it and found nothing. Might be a good diversion.

Is the PC community for Awesomenauts better than PS4? Its just a dead ragequit fest there.

Was gonna leap on that price before I realized Starstorm wasnt included.

After the successful previous event, Who's Gaming Now & Microlink are teaming up again for an extended live stream to raise money for Naomi House.

Date/Time: Saturday 23 August, 11am-11pm BST (My Timezone)
Donation link: http://www.justgiving.com/nerds2 - If you want to donate early!

There will be lots of giveaways on the stream and anyone who donates (minimum £2/$2/€2) will be eligible to win even more prizes.
Stream link: http://twitch.tv/carlmundo - Make sure to follow us

Prizes so far (Lots more TBA)
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative
Awesomenauts + Starstorm Expansion
Block Story
Cloud Chamber
Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus
Kerbal Space Program
Iron Brigade
King Arthur's Gold
Kingdoms Rise
Mega Coin Squad
MIND: Path of Thalamus
Rise of the Triad
Speedrunners
Spud's Quest
Two Worlds II

Updates will be posted on the site: http://whosgamingnow.com

After the successful previous event, Who's Gaming Now & Microlink are teaming up again for an extended live stream to raise money for Naomi House.

Date/Time: Saturday 23 August, 11am-11pm BST (My Timezone)
Donation link: http://www.justgiving.com/nerds2 - If you want to donate early!

There will be lots of giveaways on the stream and anyone who donates (minimum £2/$2/€2) will be eligible to win even more prizes.
Stream link: http://twitch.tv/carlmundo - Make sure to follow us

Prizes so far (Lots more TBA)
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative
Awesomenauts + Starstorm Expansion
Block Story
Cloud Chamber
Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus
Kerbal Space Program
Iron Brigade
King Arthur's Gold
Kingdoms Rise
Mega Coin Squad
MIND: Path of Thalamus
Rise of the Triad
Speedrunners
Spud's Quest
Two Worlds II

Updates will be posted on the site: http://whosgamingnow.com
These are all just going to be given away during streams, correct? I ask because winning shit in those is a pain in the bhole unless you're spoder or drabe.

These are all just going to be given away during streams, correct? I ask because winning shit in those is a pain in the bhole unless you're spoder or drabe.
There will be giveaways for donators only too which is not that many people. Last time, every donator won something.

I'm thinking of doing some charity auctions too and some other giveaways on the CAG and WGN forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back