Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you AMD code hoarders are a bunch of selfish sons-a-bitches, I decided to donate my codes below, enjoy!:

AMD* Codes:

ZKFG5-6AY5M-UR7SD-5EYZ4-I0QI3
TEU9J-UJX10-J5Z6E-5W09G
SKKY2-HEFZ9-W0EHI-CZ2AJ
SPAFG-JOEKE-O6ELI-KYQOR-ZAZ3R
XWPNE-8U2Y5-LEN5S-MCL97-BDNMW
NERX9-PLVSI-GNH5H-NG1HK-9B6I2
PHUCK-YOUUU-AMMMD-HORDRZ

* - Always Moronic Desura
Shoot, I went code-happy, not thinking most of them were going to work and ended up getting a few of them. Perk of being one of the few to use Desura. I'll own up to this and do a code drop as soon as I get some to drop.

...Can someone point me in the right direction?

Gamestop has Sim City for $5.99 back in stock. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts or if they will run out of keys again before that.

Also I've heard conflicting reports over whether stores have been allowing people to use that $5 off coupon from installing that app or not on an in store download so that seems to be YMMV.
Gave in and bought, loved sc4. Im finding I do really like this one, but goddamn the one downfall that I was worried about is definitely a bad one, the city size. If only they gave you 10x more room the game would be 1000x more fun. You basically end up fully building out a city in an hour or so and have no choice but to open up another one to hope to alleviate some of the strain on the first, but then for some reason it seems like they expect you to just do it all over again instead of being able to have I.E. one residential city, one industrial, etc etc. At least you can share some things across cities but eventually you still just have to duplicate services and what not anyway

Gave in and bought, loved sc4. Im finding I do really like this one, but goddamn the one downfall that I was worried about is definitely a bad one, the city size. If only they gave you 10x more room the game would be 1000x more fun. You basically end up fully building out a city in an hour or so and have no choice but to open up another one to hope to alleviate some of the strain on the first, but then for some reason it seems like they expect you to just do it all over again instead of being able to have I.E. one residential city, one industrial, etc etc. At least you can share some things across cities but eventually you still just have to duplicate services and what not anyway
That's because Simcity = Facebook game. Invite your friends to progress!

Snagged this. Thanks!
You say that now, but at some point you'll realize what you activated.

That's because Simcity = Facebook game. Invite your friends to progress!
That was the idea, that everyone would play a bunch of smaller microcities and they'd trade and interact with each other, which of course required a constant connection. But a lot of people hated that and complained so they made an offline mode finally. Only by that point they couldn't re-do the structure of the entire game so the cities are still small.

The effect is that it ends up being a casual Sim City (with the Facebook style stuff thankfully optional now). That isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's not the classic Sim City experience.

Could it take awhile to process them all? I thought I signed up for this one but haven't seen anything yet.
I'm not sure you did. The promotion was around for one evening only if I remember. I don't see any "Malkan" on the list.

If you were previously emailed a Desura key then that means you did it correctly (i.e. entered on the website).

I'm not sure you did. The promotion was around for one evening only if I remember. I don't see any "Malkan" on the list.
If you were previously emailed a Desura key then that means you did it correctly (i.e. entered on the website).
Ah ok, I had it marked down as an expected key but must've missed the deadline or something. Thanks for checking!

She likes to take pictures without maany/any articles of clothing on. Hackers like getting into people's personal photos and spreading them around the internet. You can fill in the blanks.
i know mns with his nuts and food nutz i know what snakey bro is with his fakeybro whip and i know what mysterd would with his toaster and i know what rest would their derick!!!@#!@

what bout me my brother from antoehr mother from anopther country from another money level hehe

IGN's free game of the month for Prime members is Five Nights at Freddy's (10,000 keys total, released in four batches every Wednesday).
If anyone has Prime but doesn't want that game can you get it for me? Please? Pretty please?

7582720_4794.jpg

Last edited:
New Releases

RECYCLE- $21.24

Date Warp- $8.49

Borealis- $4.24

Runers- $7.49

Anarchy Arcade(early acess)- F2P

Tomorrow is Hatoful Boyfriend!

New Releases

RECYCLE- $21.24
Date Warp- $8.49
Borealis- $4.24
Runers- $7.49

Anarchy Arcade(early acess)- F2P

Tomorrow is Hatoful Boyfriend!
Strider is showing up in new releases for me too even though it's not.

Oh and I already got my key for Date Warp from Hanako last night for previously buying the non-Steam version. :p

IGN's free game of the month for Prime members is Five Nights at Freddy's (10,000 keys total, released in four batches every Wednesday).
Sweet! I already ponied up the $6.98 to get a Walking Dead Season 2 key. Though it worked out well this time, I think I'll scrap my membership before it renews in a couple of days and wait to see what they do next month.

Sweet! I already ponied up the $6.98 to get a Walking Dead Season 2 key. Though it worked out well this time, I think I'll scrap my membership before it renews in a couple of days and wait to see what they do next month.
That's probably best. Buy middle of month so you get two games for free. :p

The reason that Strider is showing up in the new releases is simple: It's a new release in Japan.

• Changed price
    p.gif
    ¥ 0¥ 2000 - about 2 hours ago
The $20 one is the Japanese version. Apparently the game was not available for purchase or activation in Japan until today because Capcom.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47202/

Why Steam doesn't allow different titles for different languages, so Japanese devs don't have to add multiple to the title?
You mean like STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜® ?

Beats me. :p But I definitely don't want my Resident Evil games to say EL RESIDENTE MALIGNO or some cracked-up bad translated version.

You mean like STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜® ?

Beats me. :p But I definitely don't want my Resident Evil games to say EL RESIDENTE MALIGNO or some cracked-up bad translated version.
Yes. They don't have to translate to every language, but those which have official translation and do these multilingual titles.

I just got my Diablo III + ROS from Best Buy today. I almost wish I'd have waited and gotten ROS for $15 from Gamestop. Oh well.

25 GB install... holy crap! Is that for real?
Hey, it takes a lot of data to provide isometric viewpoints.

Yup. But you can start playing before the install finishes, and installing the initial part off the disc is probably a bit faster than downloading it.

Oh and the base game is also on sale for $19.99 too, should have mentioned that in my earlier post.

Son of a :censored: ...  I sure picked the wrong weekend to take a vacation from real life and Steam thread monitoring. I missed everything from sales, deals, bargins, discussions, bundles and free shit. I'm so conficted between the state of anger and amusement right now.

Due to work boredom I caught up to seven days of the ever-moving Steam thread and the first thought to enter my head was “Et tu Brutus?” /sigh

I know someone who's going to be opening The Glenlevit 15* tonight and zoning out on newsgroups. :-({|=

*It was a gift, I didn't pay for it, so calm down

Son of a :censored: ... I sure picked the wrong weekend to take a vacation from real life and Steam thread monitoring. I missed everything from sales, deals, bargins, discussions, bundles and free shit. I'm so conficted between the state of anger and amusement right now.

Due to work boredom I caught up to seven days of the ever-moving Steam thread and the first thought to enter my head was “Et tu Brutus?” /sigh

I know someone who's going to be opening The Glenlevit 15* tonight and zoning out on newsgroups. :-({|=

*It was a gift, I didn't pay for it, so calm down
You also need to get caught up lathering your cue stick with sunasun's burger grease.

I can say that after it took me 2 months to handle mine with The Dread Pee.

Took a chance on Sacred Gold. Here is hoping it works on my system.
I have Sacred 1 Gold + Sacred 2 Gold running on my Win 7 64-bit PC.

{shoulder shrug}

If you're running those, make sure you do the usual Win 7 Compatibility tricks to run OLD games...

...i.e. Run the game for an older OS (Win XP SP2 works for me), Disable Desktop Comp, Disable Visual Themes, and Run Program As Admin.

That should be enough for Sacred 1.

As for Sacred 2 Gold - make sure you either have installed Aegia's old PhysX drivers (if you want to go this route) or any of Nvidia's PhysX Legacy drivers (better route, if you have any modern NVidia GeForce drivers installed).

This game pretty much requires PhysX installed - like many 2007 games, give or take a few years that required them - i.e. Mass Effect 2, Velvet Assassin, Gears of War 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back