Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I closed my eye and picked. All those deals are crap.
I was gonna ask about the other eye, but then I remembered...

pirate_day.jpg

This really maybe the worst of Steam's event sales. It's less about the deals (they mostly stink) but there's just no reason to care anymore. It used to be a regular thing to check every 8 hours at least for flash/cc. Now it doesnt even matter. The day is basically over immediately.
Yeah I'm kinda unsure what to do with my time. I mean in the past, I used to spend 30 minutes every refresh looking up games and deciding if I wanted to spend my $$$. Now... I just don't care as much for as many of the games and I have so much extra time from fewer refreshes. More time to play the games I already own, but for some odd reason I'm still not playing them!

So Bully's going to win this vote, right? Because Rockstar games never go on sale. Ever.

Vote for Contrast.

gallery_237605_8418_744.jpg

And yea, another day of lackluster, but Game of Thrones is back to its pre-order price. Its absolutely wonderful and if you're a fan of the show, you need to get it. But if you want to wait for it to be cheaper thats understandable as well.
For me, it isn't about GoTs being cheaper...it is about waiting until all the damn episodes are out so I can play it straight through. Even more so with this one since it is six episodes instead of the standard five.

Speaking of "standard", nice to see Steam upholding its standards on the latest round of Winter discounts. And by standards I mean puke and vomit.

Everyone buy Spelunky so it can be in the next HIB.
So that you can complain that nothing else in the dollar tier looks worth your money and that you're gonna have to pass.

EDIT: WTF? I thought I was quoting Mooby. lol what's going on here?

I'd like to go through one day of these sales where its not full of crap that has been put on sale every major sale for the last 2 years. So sick of seeing Payday 2, Goat Simulator, GTA IV, Skyrim, Garry's Mod, Chivalry, Saints Row, etc. I get they always sell, but jesus. At least Hitman was a flash and not a Daily this time around.

This really maybe the worst of Steam's event sales. It's less about the deals (they mostly stink) but there's just no reason to care anymore. It used to be a regular thing to check every 8 hours at least for flash/cc. Now it doesnt even matter. The day is basically over immediately.
Yeah I'm kinda unsure what to do with my time. I mean in the past, I used to spend 30 minutes every refresh looking up games and deciding if I wanted to spend my $$$. Now... I just don't care as much for as many of the games and I have so much extra time from fewer refreshes. More time to play the games I already own, but for some odd reason I'm still not playing them!

Since nobody has pointed it out yet*, ORION: Prelude felt so obligated to offer a bigger discount for winning the community vote that it moved its discount from 50% to 51%. In the UK that doesn't even translate to a discount of another penny.

Outstanding.

So that you can complain that nothing else in the dollar tier looks worth your money and that you're gonna have to pass.

As of last night, there are currently 3 "Mooby"s running about. inm8, Spoder, and the original Mooby, in protest of the derpy sale.

So Bully's going to win this vote, right? Because Rockstar games never go on sale. Ever.

Vote for Contrast.

gallery_237605_8418_744.jpg
I really wanted to love Conrast but it just fell flat. It had a lot of potential but It's like they were so enamored with their clever concept but then never really fleshed it out and just tried to coast on the concept. There are other people who wrote reviews that articulated what I am trying to say better, but it was basically a disappointment, though I suppose if cheap enough it's worth a go. *shrug*

As of last night, there are currently 3 "Mooby"s running about. inm8, Spoder, and the original Mooby, in protest of the derpy sale.
And bald cranky dude.

We are Groot Mooby.

Haha yea, this. I salute spoderman for being the only other person to join the Mooby-lution.

So something weird just happened.

A few days ago I bought the Prison Architect Name in Game upgrade and it gave me 4 gift copies of Darwinia, Multiwinia, Uplink and Defcon.

A few minutes ago, Steam went down on me (hehe) and when it came back up, it gave me 4 more of these games.

I was originally interested in Contrast before it came out but after watching my roommate literally suffer through playing it I decided not to ever buy it. He hated playing it and I hated it too.

Thanks for the comments on Contrast. It's been on my wishlist for awhile.  Well, now it's coming off, but not because I purchased it!

Sounds like you had a happy ending.
Nope. Now I cant connect to Steam at all. After it came back on it installed an update and I cant reconnect. I can get on fine via browser, so something is fucked in the client.

EDIT: I had to reinstall the goddamn client. Deleted everything except Steam apps and the EXE.

Origin has Dragon Age: Inquisition for $40 (33% off). ($46.66 for the Deluxe).

"origin20" does not work on it.

In Mexico, Origin has it for $27.

In Brazil, Origin had it for $24.
Ugh, I want. But, do I want before the summer sales...?
I also want this, but something tells me I should wait. Maybe I should also probably play the first Dragon Age too.

In before the wrath of "are you serious!?" commence.

I also want this, but something tells me I should wait. Maybe I should also probably play the first Dragon Age too.

I'm in the same boat. I paid $25 for DA:OU four years ago... I still plan on playing it "soon".

#TrueConfessions

Looking for somebody to help me pickup Saints Row IV: GOTC edition at US prices. I wouldn't normally ask here but a) I'm terrified of the trade thread and b) BGCQ chat is full of tumbleweeds.

PM if you can help.

Edit: think I'm sorted.

Edit edit: definitely sorted. Thanks to DrS and Neuro for their help.

Hmmmm....mighty tempted to grab DA:I at 39.99.  I'm playing Shadow of Mordor right now and loving it.  I'll probably be in the mood for a good RPG by the time I am done with it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I'm in the same boat. I paid $25 for DA:OU four years ago... I still plan on playing it "soon".

#TrueConfessions
At least I am in good company. :beer: Just installed it last week, and plan on playing it sometime.

I was kinda stoked about Contrast possibly winning the vote and then I read all of the negative opinions about the game. Disappointed.
Maybe if it wins then it'll wind up in a bundle and I can give it a try without feeling too guilty.

Bundle-be-damned... everyone should play Spelunky. It's such an excellent game and, at that price, is a steal.

It's a pretty disappointing day for sales all around though, and I'm seeing far too many of those IN LIBRARY tags on the front page.

Can't believe Magicite never hit 75%. I know we've been doing steam sales for years now but Steam must've added what, 200? games this year alone to and yet the front page sales have been CUT to 12 and 24 hours a day. And theyre all the same group of 10 games that are always in those spots. What a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back