Steam & Desura Code giveaway!! [UPDATED 09/01/12]

Nr. 9 was drawn...and that's... Death snakes! Congrats! =D

I will need your email now to send you the copy =)

Thanks for entering everybody! I will shortly announce tomorrows prize...Stay tuned! =D

Tomorrows giveaway will be a Steam Code for this! =D

the_void_cover.jpg

I'm not sure what the contest will be about...=P

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Tomorrows giveaway will be a Steam Code for this! =D

the_void_cover.jpg

I'm not sure what the contest will be about...=P [/QUOTE]

Just wanted to show it again =P lol

Today's giveaway will be a Steam Code for the Void! As shown above! =)

Today's Contest won't be easy by any means and you got 24 hours to PM me the correct answer ;D. (yeah you read right...and trust me you'll need the time for research)

The giveaway will start later today ^^

sounds fun, it's 1:31 am for me now though so I am heading to bed hopefully I'll still have a chance when I wake up! Thanks Antarael :p

Todays giveaway will be tough =P You can send me as many PMs as you want..the first one that give me the correct answer will win "The Void" for Steam =)

Well let's start:

The isle shown here, must be very impressive, if someone got inspired to write a book with more than 300 letters in it's title (and at least one false information) because of an incident that happened here. The isle we are looking for is named after a main character from the book and is vacant as of today. What's the name of the isle?

atglj.jpg

Hint: Read the text carefully! Don't be fooled!

Well and have fun...=) I'll see you in 24 hours again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well 24 hours are over...and we only had one contestant who gave the right answer!

It's Racer1309! Congrats you won a Steam Code for "The Void" :applause::)

The right answer was:

Isla Más Afuera renamed later to Alejandro Selkirk Island.

(both answers would have been correct)

The shown Island was: Isla Robinsón Crusoe but as I already said in the Hint, we didn't search the shown Island. It was just another hint to the real goal!

Alejandro Selkirk stranded on Isla Robinsón Crusoe...Daniel Dafoe was inspired by this story to write this book (Original title): Click

with more than 300 letters. But since Isla Robinsón Crusoe isn't a vacant Island we had to look a little further to a small island not far away.

Alejandro Selkirk inspired anonther man to write this book:
Click

It also has more than 300 letters and one false information (The year of death)

If you want to know where this hell of riddle come from...every year from 1 to 24 december each day a riddle like this appears and you have 24 hours to find the solution. You can win prizes for every day and you can eget even bigger prizes if you are able to crack them all... In 5 Years I was able to achieve 2 gold medals for resolving all riddles one silver medal for solving 23 riddles, and 2 years where I didn't achieve anything lol...

Why do I tell you this? Because to let you know that the winner here has deserved my respect for cracking this headnut! :)

I also want to thank all the other attendees, for even trying to get this worked out! Thank you very much and see you tomorrow for the Final giveaway! (I'm out of codes then, but will try to get some more! hehe)

I was getting nowhere with that question, so I gave up. I also asked my librarian wife and she wasn't able to find anything. o_O

[quote name='eugaet']I was getting nowhere with that question, so I gave up. I also asked my librarian wife and she wasn't able to find anything. o_O[/QUOTE]

Well don't be upset, I can feel your pain...for some riddles I've been doing more than 16 hours research...and couldn't resolve them in the end haha.

I still don't know why I take part in this every year but it is quite relieving when you finally get the answer and pieces coming together to a whole! ^^

The most difficult thing was trying to figure out what title had over 300 letters in it's title. Once I figured it out, it was just a matter of finding the correct "Isle." A bit tricky when the answer wasn't correct the first time.

[quote name='Racer1309']You should post some later just for fun. That's where the Logic in the name comes from. Thanks again for a great puzzle/riddle.[/QUOTE]And this is me just now figuring out it was you who sent that XBL friend request the other day.

Hello this is Duckvader...for the next 24 hours I'M TAKING THIS FORUM OVER!!!
Code drop for Diablo 3 Guest Pass will happen a random time :D
Thank you Antarael for letting me take over :D

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I...wait, what? xp Anyway go on xD[/QUOTE]

NooOoOoOoOoO Antreal how you can let Vader take over, It's an Alien Invasion, I wonder if it has to do something with the Drop :razz:, WE MUST FIGHT BACK :twoguns:

[quote name='Pakhair']NooOoOoOoOoO Antreal how you can let Vader take over, It's an Alien Invasion, I wonder if it has to do something with the Drop :razz:, WE MUST FIGHT BACK :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

I don't know this Antreal you're speaking of...is that a brother of Montreal? xD

And I believe it's more like a Duckinvasion...since this is a Duck(in)vader xp

Anyway he promised to leave after 24 hours, right? Aliens erm I mean Ducks would never lie about that, right? (don't know why I have to think about Mars attacks right now)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I don't know this Antreal you're speaking of...is that a brother of Montreal? xD

And I believe it's more like a Duckinvasion...since this is a Duck(in)vader xp

Anyway he promised to leave after 24 hours, right? Aliens erm I mean Ducks would never lie about that, right? (don't know why I have to think about Mars attacks right now)[/QUOTE]

You don't know the mighty force of the Ducks (They are still Vader), They might even destroy our planet (ehem forum). Well I wonder what EVIL plans they have but it's also a possibility that they might be here for a peace treaty XP

Just wanted to post this on here first. If you have Crysis 2 and you register/registered it on an Origin account and you bought Crysis 2 Maximum and register it...you can have the original copy transferred to another account. I just got my original copy transfer to my little brother's account so we could play together :D
And people don't like EA...I think this begins the digital trading ;)

[quote name='Duckvader']Just wanted to post this on here first. If you have Crysis 2 and you register/registered it on an Origin account and you bought Crysis 2 Maximum and register it...you can have the original copy transferred to another account. I just got my original copy transfer to my little brother's account so we could play together :D
And people don't like EA...I think this begins the digital trading ;)[/QUOTE]

And I still don't Like EA, Especially because their every game must have an online either cheap or not, must have a dlc (Mostly cheap and valueless) and must have an online pass. + I'm not concerned by it much but their studio shutting down ratio is the most, So Simply I HATE EA although I love a lot of their games:cool:

And did you forgot about Steam gifting, Online digital trading is on since ages. + mostly people sell their accounts after playing games, it's common in my country though. As PC gamers don't care for achievements/trophies

Slow friday is slow...maybe I should I eat something? How do you call a meal between Lunch and Dinner? Because I'm stuck between those lol haven't eaten anything since yesterday.

Harmless Takeover by now...but maybe I'll wait with the final giveaway...I didn't mention what it was right? Well...it's...a bundle! lol

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Slow friday is slow...maybe I should I eat something? How do you call a meal between Lunch and Dinner? Because I'm stuck between those lol haven't eaten anything since yesterday.

Harmless Takeover by now...but maybe I'll wait with the final giveaway...I didn't mention what it was right? Well...it's...a bundle! lol[/QUOTE]

Linner

Some call it Linner as our beautiful friend said here but there is no proper word.

It changes according to countries: like some call it supper, linner, lunner, dunch, snack time, tea or afternoon Tea :p

In older times was also called luncheon, The reason is that time for dinner is different in different countries :D

[quote name='xtersea']i used the Heroes of Newerth Goblin Coin
ERX38SWDKY1YE4WI7IV6 thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Thx for letting me know =)
I assume the Icon was lurked then? ôo

Anyway...did I mention the bundle? Well this time it will be for Desura again...but well it's an awesome bundle!

Oh yes and I decided to get me a Lasagna for Linner haha =D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Anyway...did I mention the bundle? Well this time it well be for Desura again...but well it's an awesome bundle![/QUOTE]

Watching this thread like a hawk.

[quote name='Pakhair']And I still don't Like EA, Especially because their every game must have an online either cheap or not, must have a dlc (Mostly cheap and valueless) and must have an online pass. + I'm not concerned by it much but their studio shutting down ratio is the most, So Simply I HATE EA although I love a lot of their games:cool:

And did you forgot about Steam gifting, Online digital trading is on since ages. + mostly people sell their accounts after playing games, it's common in my country though. As PC gamers don't care for achievements/trophies[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# uhhhh...I knew that about Steam...I was just...wondering IF YOU WOULD CATCH UP ON IT...HA...HA...ha :lol:

[quote name='xtersea']i used the Heroes of Newerth Goblin Coin
ERX38SWDKY1YE4WI7IV6 thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Who said you could take a code? Did the Duck say you could...you took a code under the slightly short reign of Duckvader! Nothing will happen for now but BEWARE!!!

[quote name='Duckvader']Give a big thanks to atreyuevr for this!!!

Diablo 3 Guest Pass

7EMGC6-HJBG-JM4RRN-NR7G-N8FNWX
[/QUOTE]

Redeemed. Thanks! :D

[quote name='kaz928']Redeemed. Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]

FYI, the game appears great at first, but loses some luster after time. They have some very big issues to address before I would recommend someone buy the game. I am a huge Diablo fan, and am let down by D3. Beware before you buy based on the demo.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Thx for letting me know =)
I assume the Icon was lurked then? ôo

Anyway...did I mention the bundle? Well this time it will be for Desura again...but well it's an awesome bundle!

Oh yes and I decided to get me a Lasagna for Linner haha =D[/QUOTE]
i already had icon for some reason i tried the code and it worked i used one a long time ago didn't know i could do it 2 times

[quote name='Falcongamer']The only reason that I didn't say anything duck is because I was part of the Diablo III beta[/QUOTE]

Oh that's all cool. I think I'll stick to questions and random stuff. By the way you got any more good ideas for giveaways?

What I would do for a cool idea is that post up a pic, now it can be a game screen shot, a news piece or a movie scene and we would have to guess what we are thinking. The contest would go on for 24 hours and whoever is the closest to what the person, meaning you duckvader or someone else is giving out the prize, is thinking then they would win the said prize.

But, I will have to call it a night because I have to get ready to sleep, so I will read your response tomorrow duckvader and answer them once I wake up.

Thinking about how to do the last giveaway (well at least for now the last)

I said it's a bundle right? And that you can redeem it on Desura, yes? But I didn't tell you yet that the Bundle is a copy of "Ben there, Dan that & Time Gentleman,please" , riiight? =D

bread's done
Back