The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kobra90']Was referring to the play.com one. And was inquiring about the region coding to that one not the amazon.fr one[/QUOTE]
Its region free.

Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

91x8O37Yc2L._AA1500_.jpg

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']What's with all the region coded blu rays popping up recently? =/[/QUOTE]

Nothing new about that. Since EU gets more Steelbooks than we could ever dream here we're going to see more Region B steelbooks than Region A or Region Free ones.

I have a region free BD player so I don't have to worry much about that anymore :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I have a region free BD player so I don't have to worry much about that anymore :)[/QUOTE]

I have to resort to buying a US version and just swapping them then selling the UK version. :whistle2:? Eventually I'll probably be able to score a region free one that isn't expensive. (I won't do that hacked one cause if I remember right the life expectancy is bad)

Australian Paramount Re-Releases Steelbook - 11/07/12

Forest Dump
Iron Man Ultimate 2-Disc Special Edition
Saving Private Ryan 2-Disc Special Edition
Star Trek 2-Disc Special Edition
Transformers the Movie 2-Disc Special Edition
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2-Disc Special Edition

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Australian Paramount Re-Releases Steelbook - 11/07/12

Forest Dump
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like quite the movie.

Very glad to see Iron Man on the list though.

Did anybody pick up the Captain America steelbook from a little while back? It slipped my mind entirely when it came out and now that I finally saw it again, it's like $50 US everywhere and shipping from Italy most places I found.

If anybody knows of a solid place to get a region free one, PM me or post it here or something.

It's sold out everwhere so your best bet is on ebay. It's going to probably go up in value too, so I'd bite at $50 if I were you. Even if you bought one from overseas it'd probably cost you around $40+ anyway.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Australian Paramount Re-Releases Steelbook - 11/07/12

Forest Dump
Iron Man Ultimate 2-Disc Special Edition
Saving Private Ryan 2-Disc Special Edition
Transformers the Movie 2-Disc Special Edition
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2-Disc Special Edition[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for these?

Just preordered the Avengers from amazon.de. Never used it before, is this how everyone gets their steelbooks?

There's a super slim chance I'll be moving to Germany this summer so I am curious, does anyone know if there are stores that sell the steelbooks?

I like that I can order stuff from around the world from amazon. Thanks a lot FutureShop...

[/QUOTE]

might have to pick this up if the art is good. thanks iNCREDiPiNOY! Although in my experience steels from down under are always expensive.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Just preordered the Avengers from amazon.de. Never used it before, is this how everyone gets their steelbooks?

There's a super slim chance I'll be moving to Germany this summer so I am curious, does anyone know if there are stores that sell the steelbooks?

I like that I can order stuff from around the world from amazon. Thanks a lot FutureShop...[/QUOTE]

MediaMarkt and Saturn are the big chains in Germany that sell Steelbooks (often exclusives) and they don't ship (to the US).

Head up everyone! :D

Underworld: Awakening 3D Best Buy Exclusive (Not in weekly AD or online)
24xhnrp.jpg

Same SKU as normal edition
Price is $24.99 & eligible for U&S
Credit to DetroitSportsFan (Bluray.com)

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D Best Buy Exclusive (Empty Case Pre-Order)
img7116yv.jpg

Price: ?
Pre-Order Date: ?
Release Date: 6/12/12
While Supplies Last - Limited Only
Credit to 67stingray (Bluray.com)

[quote name='GBAstar']Does Underworld awakening release this tuesday?

Has anyone seen the ghost rider cases in their stores yet?[/QUOTE]
Yes U:A release this Tuesday.

For GR, I dunno.

[quote name='GBAstar']Has anyone seen the ghost rider cases in their stores yet?[/QUOTE]
Just came back and they were out at my store, and my store NEVER puts out anything early so I'm guessing they're available everywhere.

[quote name='Jodou']Didn't the movie suck hard? This might be a steel I have to pass on, even for $20.[/QUOTE]

If its like the other steel book preorders, couldn't you just pay the $7.50 deposit and then wait until the normal blu ray drops to the bargain bin? Or not even pick up the blu ray at all.

I dunno about getting GR2.......it was such a let down that I actually fell sleep several times during the movie....... But if you like steelbooks then go ahead and get it.

I think U: A in 3D is 3D-only, so you may not get 2D / 3D on the same disc. Blu-Ray.com lists it as 3D only and I can't find anywhere else that shows it's 2D / 3D.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's a bit hard to see, but if you look at the sticker on the left of the case in the third pic it says "Also plays in 2D"[/QUOTE]I can see that now, if I really look at it intently.

Hopefully, this will be in some sense of quantity, as with my luck, they won't have it in any real numbers and it'll be like the Salt debacle again. Which was that when I ordered it for in-store pickup, they pulled the wrong one and it was a non-steelbook they pulled for me. That turned into a huge fiasco because just about every store in the area was sold out.

Might be worth putting in a pre-order for it on BB.com and once I get the picked notification, call the store and have them check for it. If they get it wrong, they should be able to correct it quickly on release date.

EDIT: The 3D version isn't showing for in-store pickup. :wall: Thank you again, BB, for making it hard to give you my money. Also, SKU # is 5086212.

[quote name='shrike4242']EDIT: The 3D version isn't showing for in-store pickup. :wall: Thank you again, BB, for making it hard to give you my money. Also, SKU # is 5086212.[/QUOTE]

The last few weeks I've noticed that some Blus don't show up until Tues Morning. Clueless was one of them in which it didn't show in-store pickup until Tuesday. Around 7am when I went to check again it showed OOS at all locations near me. Around 11am all was fine.

Hopefully that helps for those looking to do in-store pickup.

The underworld steelbook was more of a surprise apparently so it'll probably only be in store and in limited amounts. I believe it has the same sku as the regular 3D version so you should be able to get it for $20 after upgrade and save (24.99 otherwise)

[quote name='Twizz']The last few weeks I've noticed that some Blus don't show up until Tues Morning. Clueless was one of them in which it didn't show in-store pickup until Tuesday. Around 7am when I went to check again it showed OOS at all locations near me. Around 11am all was fine.

Hopefully that helps for those looking to do in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]The fact that it's not even showing in-store pickup as an option (greyed-out) instead of all locations showing it as OOS makes me concerned that in-store pickup orders for it might not happen.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The underworld steelbook was more of a surprise apparently so it'll probably only be in store and in limited amounts. I believe it has the same sku as the regular 3D version so you should be able to get it for $20 after upgrade and save (24.99 otherwise)[/QUOTE]Time for a 10AM phone call for tomorrow to have someone hold it. Yay.

Not turning it into a trade/sell thread or anything, but if you can't manage to find one, PM me or something. I'll be around two Best Buys tomorrow so I can pop in and see if either has one. One is still a huge Best Buy so they always get a good amount of crap.

I messaged the dude on Amazon/Ebay selling Captain America steelbooks about the condition and his poor description/listing. Before he responds, he jacks the price up $10 on me. Went from $49.99 to $59.99, then he responded. What an ass.

[quote name='shrike4242']The 3D version isn't showing for in-store pickup. :wall: Thank you again, BB, for making it hard to give you my money. Also, SKU # is 5086212.[/QUOTE]
Their website disables the store pickup option the day before new release movies and games comes out. They've been doing this for awhile now. It should be active again early tomorrow morning.

[quote name='shrike4242']I can see that now, if I really look at it intently.

Hopefully, this will be in some sense of quantity, as with my luck, they won't have it in any real numbers and it'll be like the Salt debacle again. Which was that when I ordered it for in-store pickup, they pulled the wrong one and it was a non-steelbook they pulled for me. That turned into a huge fiasco because just about every store in the area was sold out.

Might be worth putting in a pre-order for it on BB.com and once I get the picked notification, call the store and have them check for it. If they get it wrong, they should be able to correct it quickly on release date.

EDIT: The 3D version isn't showing for in-store pickup. :wall: Thank you again, BB, for making it hard to give you my money. Also, SKU # is 5086212.[/QUOTE]

lol I remembered that......had to drive an HOUR away for the LAST ONE and thankfully it was in good condition (no dents) or else that would have been truly a waste of gas.

[quote name='shrike4242']for anyone that picked up the ghost rider 2 steelbook, can you post the sku # of it from your receipt?[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']for anyone that picked up the ghost rider 2 steelbook, can you post the sku # of it from your receipt?[/quote]

sku: 5424091

edit* I also had the SKU Pinoy listed. the on i posted was on the bottom of receipt.

BTW When I bought the steelbook, the cashier was given the option of what version of the movie I wanted to pre-order, but she didn't ask me and just selected the 3D version. I"m thinking when I return to get the movie, I can easily just get the regular :br: version.

For some reason if u get the ghost rider SB, it rings up $5 and it asks u which version u want. Then it charges u $29.99. i went to 2 different best buys. they all do that.

[quote name='trunks982']For some reason if u get the ghost rider SB, it rings up $5 and it asks u which version u want. Then it charges u $29.99. i went to 2 different best buys. they all do that.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me yesterday, didnt get it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']guess they're trying to crack down on people buying the case with no intent on getting the movie from them[/QUOTE]

Would they prefer $5 or nothing? I collect US steelbooks though I loathe 3D BD. My hatred for 3D is greater than my love for steelbooks, hence why I did not pick up Underworld today.

[quote name='trunks982']For some reason if u get the ghost rider SB, it rings up $5 and it asks u which version u want. Then it charges u $29.99. i went to 2 different best buys. they all do that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that happened to me too, but I just told them the case was advertising that it was $5.00 since it technically does with the sticker, and they took off the $30 charge.

[quote name='ssjmichael']guess they're trying to crack down on people buying the case with no intent on getting the movie from them[/QUOTE]
Same here they won't let me pay $5 for the case otherwise it'll be $35 period. :roll:

[quote name='Scorch']What's stopping me from paying up front, picking up the movie, then returning it for a refund?[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like prototype 2, then it'll charge you an astronomical amount if you do so. I don't know if that's the case but seems likely.

Just picked mine up. They tried to charge me the $30 for the 3D Blu and I pointed out the price sticker on the front of the steelbook said $5, and on the back, it says that you only have to pay a $5 deposit. They deleted it the 3D blu from the transaction, said they didn't know why it did that, and sold it to me for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back