SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, but as expected Amazon did the right thing. As others here, my Steelbook also came in a box designed specifically for Steelbook cases, and it arrived in perfect condition.

[quote name='NervGS']I received my Skyfall steelbook from Amazon UK, and am not a happy camper at the moment.

The package might as well been taped up by a 2 two year old, and the case was loose inside with ZERO protection (no stuffing).

The steelbook itself has a huge dent on the top left. This thing is worth probably nothing now.

(I tried to post images, turns out I cannot because I'm a new user)

I left packaging/delivery feedback but who knows if that will even get read and what will come out of it. I cannot return it for an exchange for obvious reasons. This is very aggravating as I have never received something this poorly packaged from Amazon.

Sorry everyone, I am just venting.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I ordered two copies of it and both arrived in perfect condition. I also just received my Hot Fuzz Steelbook from amazon.uk and it also arrived in perfect condition. Glad to hear they made right tho by giving you a refund and letting you keep the BD.

[quote name='Hiro0015']My copy of Scott Pilgrim arrived in the same special box. Sucks that his didn't, but it seems like an isolated case.[/QUOTE]

Is that the Universal 100th Anniversary Steelbook? I just saw that today. I really want to get that and the Shaun of the Dead Steelbooks.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Is that the Universal 100th Anniversary Steelbook? I just saw that today. I really want to get that and the Shaun of the Dead Steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

It is. I got mine the other day, and I love it. It has nice debossing on it and everything.

It's more vibrant in person, but here's mine on top of my color editions of the Scott Pilgrim books (which are awesome btw, buy them!)

scottpilgrim1c.jpg

scottpilgrim2.jpg

Just got my MG Rising Revengeance Shinkawa Inferno Steel. Ordered the G1 360 and they send me the G2 PS3... I got the CE of the game on xbox so I wanted the G1 to match my other one :bomb:

Anyone order the G2 and get a G1 and want to swap by chance?

[quote name='ssjmichael']It is. I got mine the other day, and I love it. It has nice debossing on it and everything.

It's more vibrant in person, but here's mine on top of my color editions of the Scott Pilgrim books (which are awesome btw, buy them!)

scottpilgrim1c.jpg

scottpilgrim2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That looks really nice!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Django Unchained - Limited Edition SteelBook (UK) currently sold out of pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Which sucks especially if that Best Buy exclusive turns out to not be a steelbook

I received my Revengeance Shinkawa steelbook from amazon.de. The box was the quality "coffin" cardboard but was open. Thankfully the steelbook was still inside.

Does anyone remember if there were Xbox and PS3 versions available? I double checked my order and realized I ordered the 360 version. Not a big deal because it's still a nice steelbook. Was wondering if the PS3 version is G2 sized.

For anyone interested, here's the link I used. Weird that I tried searching on the site and couldn't find the listing.

[quote name='diishen']how about the metal gear steelbook from amazon.de (link) :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']I received my Revengeance Shinkawa steelbook from amazon.de. The box was the quality "coffin" cardboard but was open. Thankfully the steelbook was still inside.

Does anyone remember if there were Xbox and PS3 versions available? I double checked my order and realized I ordered the 360 version. Not a big deal because it's still a nice steelbook. Was wondering if the PS3 version is G2 sized.

For anyone interested, here's the link I used. Weird that I tried searching on the site and couldn't find the listing.[/QUOTE]I got my steelbook in the mail today, also, and it's G2 sized :)ps3: version).

[quote name='salty tbone']I received my Revengeance Shinkawa steelbook from amazon.de. The box was the quality "coffin" cardboard but was open. Thankfully the steelbook was still inside.

For anyone interested, here's the link I used. Weird that I tried searching on the site and couldn't find the listing.[/QUOTE]

Here's the link for the PS3 version:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AN1FLKU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
Mine arrived today. Looks like I need to order another one as the spine was slashed. Not happy that Amazon increased the price.

For anyone interested, here's the link I used. Weird that I tried searching on the site and couldn't find the listing.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today too and I'm pretty impress with the double box they used for shipping. I didn't realize there was a PS3 version, when I placed the order I thought they were all G1 size.

:br: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 & 2 SteelBooks (Fan Set Edition) (Spain)

91rMl3d3LML._AA1500_.jpg

91dxGH17waL._AA1500_.jpg

81eR8o7vKbL._AA1500_.jpg

81uW1tpQzYL._AA1500_.jpg

91ma-m%2BdOFL._AA1500_.jpg

81-o8U%2BUGfL._AA1500_.jpg

81viUBwAH5L._AA1500_.jpg

List Price: EUR 92,48 without VAT ($121.28)
Our Price: EUR 76,43 after VAT ($100.23 USD)
Shipping: EUR 18,83 ($24.70 USD)
Total: EUR 92,26 ($121.00 USD)
Release Date: March 8, 2013
Link: Amazon (Spain)

So I got my copy of Skyfall a few days ago. And of course it had the spine cut on it. Called in and asked what I should do with it and the guy said they would replace it and I could keep the first one I got. Should I send it back or donate it?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: DJANGO UNCHAINED (BBY) (BLU-RAY DISC) STEELBOOK

8621062.jpg

List Price: $29.99
SKU: 8621062
Release Date: April 16, 2013
Link: Best Buy[/QUOTE]

its not confirmed its a steelbook yet

Beginning March 12, customers are able to pre-order 'Django Unchained' with exclusive packaging in-store or at BestBuy.com and receive a couple great digital perks via CinemaNow before the physical movie releases on April 16.
  • Bonus 30-minute behind the scenes digital content will be available immediately upon pre-order

• Digital copy of the movie will be available after April 2

This is precisely word for word from my most recent employee news email.

[quote name='Travman93']Beginning March 12, customers are able to pre-order 'Django Unchained' with exclusive packaging in-store or at BestBuy.com and receive a couple great digital perks via CinemaNow before the physical movie releases on April 16.
  • Bonus 30-minute behind the scenes digital content will be available immediately upon pre-order

• Digital copy of the movie will be available after April 2

This is precisely word for word from my most recent employee news email.[/QUOTE]

Exclusive packaging doesn't mean a thing. See: Twilight part 2

Pretty sure that Djanjo is not a Steelbook. They would have promoted it I believe like they are with the Les Mis Steelbook (has the yellow dot saying Exclusive Steelbook this week for Pre-order)

[quote name='ssjmichael']We should know for sure in 2 days, but yeah, it looks like it's going to be an exclusive slip.[/QUOTE]

curious why 2 days?

Are there any more and if so where could I buy one.

[quote name='seether254']im getting the Italian version of DJango its limited to 1000 print run. And going to be numbered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SMBScooby']Are there any more and if so where could I buy one.[/QUOTE]

you have to know someone in italy, or at least in europe where the site ships to.

For anyone interested in just the steelbook, this has been a pre-order bonus in some European countries. I have a sealed copy in hand and aren't too hard to find.

Looks like it also comes with the Warfighter map, which is a nice surprise.

In other news, did anyone find out if the Cirque movie that came out yesterday was in a steel for the BB exclusive versions?

From what I saw, it wasn't a steel. It came in a really cool looking slipcover, though. As for Django, I am hearing a lot of conflicting information on this. I guess I'll just hold out and see.

[quote name='Travman93']From what I saw, it wasn't a steel. It came in a really cool looking slipcover, though. As for Django, I am hearing a lot of conflicting information on this. I guess I'll just hold out and see.[/QUOTE]

from the preorder cards i just saw today all it says is blu ray combo pack no mention of a steelbook or anything special for that matter.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Zavvi Exclusive (UK). Limited to 4,000 copies. The Indiana Jones lettering will be embossed. It'll be Region Free.

indys.jpg

Pic and info via Hi-Def Ninja

bread's done
Back