iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty at the store I went to around noon. Was going to pick one up in case the one I got shipped was damaged but with that many available, I don't think I'd have a problem getting one tomorrow if necessary.

Couldn't decide which version I wanted so I bought all three.  The Walmart one is going back and I'm keeping the slipcover. 

IMG_3144_zpshsc9et6k.jpg

Not that it matters but I really like the rogue one steelbook, very simple and clean. Definitely looks better in person.
I like that the title is debossed on the front and the Death Star in the background is nice, but the decision to put such minor characters on the cover is an odd one. Overall, it's a keeper! I can't wait for the sequel!

Are you surprised?
Just calling it out as it is. People on these forums doing more and more shady stuff every day. I'm sure the same types of people were doing it before, too, but weren't as ballsy as that dude to pretty much say that he's doing it. I thought return fraud/theft-type activities got shut down around here but I guess not anymore.

--------

Anyway, I got my Rogue One SB in the mail. Could the picture on the front cover have been better? Sure. But I don't think it's anywhere near as bland or lazy as the one for The Force Awakens. I think this one isn't bad at all.

I was also pleasantly surprised that BB actually shipped it out in a small box with air cushions instead of a sticky cardboard mailer like they usually do when I order just one movie.

Yeah, my Rogue One steelbook was also shipped in a well padded box, which is a first for a Best Buy steelbook.  Usually they send them in cardboard mailers.

Previous releases of the movie have gone out of print, so I wouldn't get too pissy over the $30 price. 

Zavvi is having a pretty big steelbook sale right now with quite a few 3D and Marvel seasons included:

https://www.zavvi.com/offers/sale/steelbook-sale.list?widget_id=37604&pageNumber=1

If you have the stomach for it they have some 80's and 90's gems like Flight of the Navigator, Super Mario Bros, and Short Circuit. Youtube retrospectives have kind of scared me off from them but some people here might be more inclined. I might actually bite on Warcraft 3D at that price though.

Short Circuit 1 is still pretty decent for an 80s movie. Worth a watch, but probably not a second watch. Pretend 2 doesn't exist.

Edit: It's not a bad sale, but I already have the ones I would have bought anyways (Jessica Jones, Pete's Dragon, Into the Woods, and Zootropolis).

Just calling it out as it is. People on these forums doing more and more shady stuff every day. I'm sure the same types of people were doing it before, too, but weren't as ballsy as that dude to pretty much say that he's doing it. I thought return fraud/theft-type activities got shut down around here but I guess not anymore
I'm with you, it really is frustrating, annoying.
If you're gonna do that sh-t keep it to yourself. What does bragging about it get you? No one thinks you're cool or you're getting one over on the man. Maybe she just wants attention? Ugh

Back on topic - so many good looking titles on that zavvi sale but I've been spending too much lately. It's great that zavvi will ship here but man the U.K. seems to be getting a lot more cooler steels than we get here.

Just make sure you check the details on a Zavvi steelbook that it's Region Free before buying, unless you have a multi-region / Region B player. 

I'm with you, it really is frustrating, annoying.
If you're gonna do that sh-t keep it to yourself. What does bragging about it get you? No one thinks you're cool or you're getting one over on the man. Maybe she just wants attention? Ugh
Really? Is it really frustrating and annoying for you?

Just calling it out as it is. People on these forums doing more and more shady stuff every day. I'm sure the same types of people were doing it before, too, but weren't as ballsy as that dude to pretty much say that he's doing it. I thought return fraud/theft-type activities got shut down around here but I guess not anymore.
looks like somebody has a blockage.

Elephant-Had-A-Blockage_zpsttq8dozh.gif

I suppose there's no defending it. It was a dumb comment. I was going to let it be, with the initial response. But since you're intent on piling on, then here we go. How about you slow your roll with the "fraud" and "thief" labels. There's a window in the back of the box because the store sells the exact same product without the cover. They don't care. Maybe Walmart should have shipped me slipcovers on movies that had them the last couple of times I bought movies from them. Anyways, I'm not going to be judged by a couple of pissants on here when I'm spending more money on the industry and blus than 99.99% of people and I don't pirate a thing. So save the holier than thou attitudes.

No ty at that $30 tag. Enjoyed the movie, but not enough to dump that much for a re-release
Previous releases of the movie have gone out of print, so I wouldn't get too pissy over the $30 price.
I reserve judgement until I see the artwork. I'm quite attached to the LCE that I have now. :whistle2:k

So I see the thread has been "cleaned" of traces of shadiness. Good I guess but I hope said shadiness is continued to be called out by the community.

The day it released i went to Best Buy to grab that and something else that came out that day but there was only one TF steel on the shelves and the guy ahead of me grabbed it. Checked the BB site and no area stores had it and it was old out online. At that point Amazon only had third party sellers and all the news on the blu ray forums and the Shout site had everyone in a panic that there was only one run and whatever was out there already was it. So a day or two later Amazon had it in stock again but at $34.99 and i jumped on it in fear that I'd miss out and have to pay eBay prices if I didn't. Again, it's a beautiful steel and I don't regret grabbing it but still ...

The day it released i went to Best Buy to grab that and something else that came out that day but there was only one TF steel on the shelves and the guy ahead of me grabbed it. Checked the BB site and no area stores had it and it was old out online. At that point Amazon only had third party sellers and all the news on the blu ray forums and the Shout site had everyone in a panic that there was only one run and whatever was out there already was it. So a day or two later Amazon had it in stock again but at $34.99 and i jumped on it in fear that I'd miss out and have to pay eBay prices if I didn't. Again, it's a beautiful steel and I don't regret grabbing it but still ...
Yeah, I almost got sucked into that initial scramble but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it initially, even though I'm a huge fan of G1 TF. I was slightly disappointed that I missed out on it but then it came back and stayed in stock at a few retailers so I knew I could wait a bit. Still, I jumped on it when it dropped to $20 thinking it might disappear again. Now, it's dropped below $15, I still haven't gotten around to opening it, and I'm a few weeks past my credit card's price protection policy. Hence my regret...

Yeah, my Rogue One steelbook was also shipped in a well padded box, which is a first for a Best Buy steelbook. Usually they send them in cardboard mailers.
Nice. I hope that becomes the norm. Recently I called Best Buy corporate when my Moana steel arrived damaged (they got me a free replacement) and I was talking to the rep about how often these steelbooks arrive damaged from poor packing, so I wonder if calls like mine finally got them to change it.

There is talk of John Wick 1 and 2 steelbooks coming soon to Best Buy on the bluray.com forums.  No links yet that I am aware of.

Damnit, I've been so damn busy I fell out of the loop on the last few steelbooks I wanted.  Missed out on Moana and quite possibly Rogue One.  Dr. Strange too, but that's a lesser want.  GRRrRrrr

Damnit, I've been so damn busy I fell out of the loop on the last few steelbooks I wanted. Missed out on Moana and quite possibly Rogue One. Dr. Strange too, but that's a lesser want. GRRrRrrr
Dr. Strange was great though, Maybe top 5 3D experiences if you like 3D movies.

I'm leaning towards them having a decent number of Rogue Ones available in the near future.  When I went at noon on release day, they still had ~20+ on the shelves whereas most other SBs are gone by that time or there are only a handful left.  Granted, they were all gone when I went back there the next day around noon but I typically don't see them having so many new release SBs at once.  Also, they had loads of Ep VII SBs since launch, so it's clear that they expect to move a lot of Star Wars SBs.  However, I doubt they'd go overboard with them like they did for Ep VII.

Stopped into Best Buy for a few minutes tonight and was shocked to see the 60+ rogue one steels they had on Tuesday were completely gone. 

Same here.  I didn't preorder knowing it was Star Wars (assuming plentiful amounts of stock)  and walked in opening day to rows and rows and rows of the steelbooks.  I remember thinking "It's Star Wars.  There's gonna be a lot for a long time."  Went to Best Buy last night and they were all gone.  Misjudged that one.

Remember, TFA went through multiple price drops and was down to $9.99 multiple times since release.  That one, way over-produced. 

Check back in a week and see if there's been any restocks. 

Well, I'm happy I got a copy.  I figured it would be a breeze as well given what went down with TFA, and it could very well be that restocks come rolling in. 

Now, how the hell do I get a Moana and Dr. Strange SB for a reasonable, MSRP ish price?  I see that there is a German Dr. Strange 3D plus available from amazon of zeee duetschland, anywhere else?  3D would be awesome but I'll live with the regular blu SBs. 

You can see what an enormous difference it makes in purchase habits when they make a 3D or 4K steelbook and sell it at $24.99 versus trying to sell them at $27.99 - $34.99. 

bread's done
Back