iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God I was worried I'd have to double dip steelbook and noir version. Though, it didn't mention the 4k. Hopefully it encompasses any and all versions.
I preordered both at Best Buy. I'll decide which one to keep after i figure out what comes with each version.

There's an IGN article on a (godawful) SB done by a comic artist. The case shows the B&W version on it's own disc.

Logan-Steelbook-Beauty-Shot_sfw.jpg

I guess the 4K has an extra disc than the non-4K?
Unless you're seeing something I'm not, I doubt it. All of the 4K released I've bought (admittedly, not many) have had no DVD in them so it's just been the 4K Blu-ray and the 1080P Blu-ray discs.

WTF, two different retailers getting two different SB?

:twoguns: :whee:

EDIT - Oh wait, I think the Target artwork made me think that was SB. Crisis averted. Although that article mentions the B&W version being a Walmart exclusive.
yeah, the article is not written really clearly other than the pictures which make it clearer which edition is which.

Oh shit, that's good! Doesn't look too be 4K though. I really don't like the SB art for BB.

As for B&W what's the draw there, i saw that Mad Max had it done, now this... Just don't get it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Logan was kind of produced as a western with the way the story structure is, and the visuals. Seeing it in black and white would actually be kind of beautiful, and keep up with its themes in a way. I can't wait to watch the Noir version.

Preorders for Power Rangers went up on Target and Best buy, each has their own LE. One is supposed to be a steelbook, assuming BBY. Steelbook confirmed that one is coming out.

80e2ed014c0c08268b9d0fa9602f1698.png

I was hoping the Star Wars Steelbooks would be on sale today. =( Kind of regret not getting the prequel movies when they were at their lowest price.

I was looking at Rogue One SB also hoping for a sale or drop as I expected that to be over produced like FA.  I also thought it wouldn't sell as well but it's not on the BB.com site anymore.  Glad I caved and grabbed one on release day.

PR SB was posted on Blu-ray.com a while back, BB is supposed to be getting it. Only question is if it will be 4K or not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Per the BR.com forums...

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is supposed to be getting a 3D steelbook at Best Buy.  Life is supposed to be getting a Best Buy exclusive steelbook as well.  No links yet for either.

I think I will nab that Fargo steelbook if I can get it for under $20.  Probably not going to get those Scream Factory Carpenter steelbooks unless the price comes down a bit since I already have all 3 in Blu Ray form.

Also, Power Rangers is now being reported as a Target-exclusive steelbook.  If it comes with a $5 gift card for preorder I'm likely in on it.

Per the BR.com forums...

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is supposed to be getting a 3D steelbook at Best Buy. Life is supposed to be getting a Best Buy exclusive steelbook as well. No links yet for either.

I think I will nab that Fargo steelbook if I can get it for under $20. Probably not going to get those Scream Factory Carpenter steelbooks unless the price comes down a bit since I already have all 3 in Blu Ray form.

Also, Power Rangers is now being reported as a Target-exclusive steelbook. If it comes with a $5 gift card for preorder I'm likely in on it.
In order:

Yay!

Yay!

I'm with you there.

Feh, Target Exclusive?

In order:

Yay!

Yay!

I'm with you there.

Feh, Target Exclusive?
Ditto with the exception that I think I need to watch Life before buying it. I get the feeling that Best Buy is trying to match Zavvi's new releases 1:1 these days. There's still a few missing but it seems like more and more are getting steelbooks.

After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 yesterday, I'm sad I didn't pick up the SB for the first movie. Kind of got lost in the shuffle in not getting around to seeing the movie until it was too late and now it commands a $100 price tag everywhere. Will definitely get the second one though.

That was the first really expensive steelbook at $34.99 iirc.  I remembered not really caring at the time because the art wasn't great and there was no title on the spine.  Kind of regret not getting the GotG steel now, but it's no big deal.  It only really looks cool when its sealed imo. 

That was the first really expensive steelbook at $34.99 iirc. I remembered not really caring at the time because the art wasn't great and there was no title on the spine. Kind of regret not getting the GotG steel now, but it's no big deal. It only really looks cool when its sealed imo.
I think this one was before the price started climbing. I paid $19.99 for mine.

I believe Ant-man was either $27.99 or $29.99, still not too bad considering it's a Disney title and 3D was included

I think Ant-Man was the first Marvel SB to release at higher than $19.99 and it was all downhill from there.
I was bored and checked my history to see your actually right off were talking Disney/ Marvel..... Last one I got for 19.99 was Deadpool Steelbook

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I remember GOTG 1 having a $19.99 preorder price along with bonus RZ points. The reason is that my wife wanted to get it for me for Christmas and ordered it on her own instead of using my RZ account :wall:

I just preorder the MCU SBs because they are all over the place in terms of price and availability. I'll price match if possible but Dr. Strange, GotG, and even Ant Man disappeared relatively quickly. Still wish Strange and GotG had titles on the spine but the found object and inclusion of 3D make them pretty fantastic sets.

Ant Man, in retrospect, was the one I should have picked up but didn't.  I also passed on the Thor movies but I don't regret missing those SB.  Have everything else since then including a couple GOTGs (one opened, one sealed).  I only been grabbing one of each since the MSRPs went up to $35.

Ant Man, in retrospect, was the one I should have picked up but didn't. I also passed on the Thor movies but I don't regret missing those SB. Have everything else since then including a couple GOTGs (one opened, one sealed). I only been grabbing one of each since the MSRPs went up to $35.
Same thing happened to me. Luckily I imported the European version for $15. Of course I would have preferred the Best Buy version.

[quote name="ray2dee" post="13710510" timestamp="1494213917"]I was bored and checked my history to see your actually right off were talking Disney/ Marvel..... Last one I got for 19.99 was Deadpool Steelbook
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/quote
I think Deadpool launched at 27 and later dropped in price

The Mummy Ultimate Collection steelbook is down to $19.99 at Best Buy.  Preorder with in store pickup and it knocks another dollar off (for me anyway).  This compilation contains a total of 4 movies -  the 3 most recent Mummy movies and The Scorpion King.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-mummy-ultimate-collection-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-only--best-buy/5804902.p?skuId=5804902

Also, XXX: Return of Xander Cage Blu Ray steelbook is now $19.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xxx-return-of-xander-cage-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2017/5761800.p?skuId=5761800

The XXX: Return of Xander Cage 4K/BR steelbook is now $27.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xxx-return-of-xander-cage-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only-2017/5738302.p?skuId=5738302

Same $1 off deal applies for in-store pickup.

The Resident Evil: Final Chapter 4K steelbook is now $27.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/resident-evil-the-final-chapter-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2017/5717004.p?skuId=5717004

Best Buy has put up a Spider-Man Legacy Collection Steelbook in blu ray($59.99) and 4K($99.99). Doesn't list the contents or pic yet.
The Legacy Collection 4K is no longer showing as available:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spider-man-legacy-collection-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-steelbook/32865194.p?skuId=32865194

The "regular" Legacy Collection is still showing as available:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/spider-man-legacy-collection-steelbook-blu-ray/5872006.p?skuId=5872006

EDIT:

Found another steelbook:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wwe-diamond-dallas-page-positively-living-steelbook-blu-ray/5754939.p?skuId=5754939

$24.99 right now.

Went to my local indie music/movie store tonight and saw used copies of - Batman: The Killing Joke, Battle Los Angeles and The Wolf of Wall Street. All looked to be in good condition. If anyone is interested I could go back and grab them this weekend, just shoot me a pm

These Project Popart steelbooks have gotten really lazy.  I have been buying them but only because they get to $10 or less. 

What was that steelbook picture that was circled a couple of weeks ago that looked like the old ones?  Was that just concept art and not the real thing?

bread's done
Back