iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I specifically avoid all trailers after the first full length one.

But yeah this movie is spectacular. Puts the Sony movies to shame. This is THE Spider-Man we all didn't know we needed. Really makes you wish Marvel/Disney were in full control of all their licences.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I haven't been following it closely but I thought Sony still had control over the Spider-Man license? Is this new movie a Sony release or a Disney release?

Also, can't recall if these have been mentioned yet (more BB-exclusive steelbooks):

Starship Troopers 20th Anniversary - $24.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starship-troopers-20th-anniversary-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-1997/5957507.p?skuId=5957507

Westworld: The Complete First Season - $49.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/westworld-the-complete-first-season-steelbook-blu-ray/5967515.p?skuId=5967515

Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season Two - $34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-stlbk-blu-ray-disc/5944108.p?skuId=5944108

I haven't been following it closely but I thought Sony still had control over the Spider-Man license? Is this new movie a Sony release or a Disney release?
Disney partnered with Sony to give Disney full control of Spidey in the MCU and Sony is in charge of marketing. Still Sony's property thought, just a partnership.

Also, can't recall if these have been mentioned yet (more BB-exclusive steelbooks):

Starship Troopers 20th Anniversary - $24.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starship-troopers-20th-anniversary-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-1997/5957507.p?skuId=5957507

Westworld: The Complete First Season - $49.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/westworld-the-complete-first-season-steelbook-blu-ray/5967515.p?skuId=5967515

Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season Two - $34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-stlbk-blu-ray-disc/5944108.p?skuId=5944108
Even thought Starship Troopers is 4K, I think it's still too high for a catalog release. Now, give me the trilogy (or even the quadrilogy) for $15/movie and then we'll talk.

Even thought Starship Troopers is 4K, I think it's still too high for a catalog release. Now, give me the trilogy (or even the quadrilogy) for $15/movie and then we'll talk.
I've seen pieces of the third one and admittedly what I've seen makes me wonder why they made it. Second movie, less spoken about that, the better. Not seen the fourth one and just found out about the upcoming fifth one.

Fifth Element 4K steelbook is now down to $19.99 and is currently part of a 250 Rewards point bonus ($5) with purchase promotion.  Think I may finally pull the trigger on it.

Fifth Element 4K steelbook is now down to $19.99 and is currently part of a 250 Rewards point bonus ($5) with purchase promotion. Think I may finally pull the trigger on it.
Great, I need to do a chat session with them to get that since I pre-ordered it.

EDIT: Looks like I pre-ordered it twice. Damn it. :wall:

EDIT #2: Looks like one of them is lost with UPS, since it's not made it from KY to me (normally 1 day transit, 2 days worst case) yet with an expected delivery of Monday. Guess I'll add that into to my chat session.

I think the 5th Element was the first blu-ray I purchased way back when and now the 4K SB version is going to be my first UHD blu-ray.

Guardians SB might be overpriced AF!!

ruuc896a4b198.jpg

Love it when the BB version beats Zavvi. Thought 3D/4k combos were relegated to bad movies only since only the Ghostbusters reboot had received one thus far.

A few SB movies are on sale at Best Buy for their Big Sale Day --> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/movies-tv-shows-and-music-20170711

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Sing 4K

Spider-Man Legacy Collection

X-Men: Apocalypse

Transformers

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Transformers: Age of Extinction

The Fifth Element 4K
SW and Xmen are the two that stand out; Transformers have been this price AFAIK.

As for Guardians: are these not steelbooks then? Just says exclusive but I suppose they're early listings still. Hopefully the regular edition drops to at least $20 close to release.

A few SB movies are on sale at Best Buy for their Big Sale Day --> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/movies-tv-shows-and-music-20170711

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Sing 4K

Spider-Man Legacy Collection

X-Men: Apocalypse

Transformers

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Transformers: Age of Extinction

The Fifth Element 4K
If you're interested in Apocalypse, I highly recommend the steelbook - looks a lot better in person than it does in images.

Fifth Element 4K steelbook is now down to $19.99 and is currently part of a 250 Rewards point bonus ($5) with purchase promotion. Think I may finally pull the trigger on it.
Is this offer dead? I don't see it anywhere. I ordered when you posted, but since it hasn't shipped an i was at Best Buy today, i picked it up. Was going to cancel the order, but since i don't want to lose the $5 RZ I'll just return the movie they ship later with this receipt.

You can always just get the regular Blu-Ray steelbook for $5 cheaper. A 4K/3D combo is what a LOT of people have been asking for and I'm glad they listened. And currently only $5 more than the regular steelbook.

Is this offer dead? I don't see it anywhere. I ordered when you posted, but since it hasn't shipped an i was at Best Buy today, i picked it up. Was going to cancel the order, but since i don't want to lose the $5 RZ I'll just return the movie they ship later with this receipt.

I think the offer is still live but I'm still waiting for mine to ship.

Yay, more retailer-specific covers. :wall:

The ones shown for Best Buy are the ones Zavvi just put up for pre-order earlier today.  One is 4K w/o 3D, the other is 3D w/o 4K. 

Love it when the BB version beats Zavvi. Thought 3D/4k combos were relegated to bad movies only since only the Ghostbusters reboot had received one thus far.
Passengers had one that was affordable plus a decent movie
Kong Skull Island is supposed to as well unless something has changed within the last couple days

Definitely in for Guardians 3D
And thanks for the heads up on the Spiderman deal, grabbed that since I don't have any of them on blu yet. Can't beat $8 per movie, plus steel, DC and movie cash

Kong Skull Island is supposed to as well unless something has changed within the last couple days

And thanks for the heads up on the Spiderman deal, grabbed that since I don't have any of them on blu yet. Can't beat $8 per movie, plus steel, DC and movie cash
Don't forget about Angry Birds, pretty sure it was the first to bundle 4K/3D [emoji6]

We should find out about the Kong steelbook soon as I'm sure they will be arriving in stores shortly and an employee (like Tyrok) would be able to confirm the 3D or not. Remember Best Buy promised 3D in the latest Underworld and Resident Evil steelbooks basically right up until they released.

You can always just get the regular Blu-Ray steelbook for $5 cheaper. A 4K/3D combo is what a LOT of people have been asking for and I'm glad they listened. And currently only $5 more than the regular steelbook.
It's rare, if a first, that a release gets two steelbook versions so I was expecting there to only be one. I'll gladly be proven wrong though. :)

Really liking the Guardians DVD cover (where they're all leaning against the wall).  Would make a much better steelbook cover than the overplayed Groot button - At least it's not the badly photoshopped dancing Quill one.  Also like the Rocket one.  Shame about the steelbook since the cassette one was really good.

I'm kinda new to these 4K steelbooks. Do they come with a regular Blu Ray copy as well? No 4K player or TV or anything yet here.
So far they all have. I don't think you have to worry about regular Blu-ray discs not being included, but I'm pretty sure DVD is on the outs from them (finally).

Pics of the Kong steel up over at the blu Ray forums. 3D is definitely included and price will be $34.99 next week
Is the SB the only way to get both 3D and 4K in one set?

I don't see them together in pictures of the non-SB versions.

Is the SB the only way to get both 3D and 4K in one set?

I don't see them together in pictures of the non-SB versions.
Yes, it appears that is the only way to get both (in the US anyway). Glad they also lowered the price to $34.99 - every little bit helps.

Yes, it appears that is the only way to get both (in the US anyway). Glad they also lowered the price to $34.99 - every little bit helps.
do u think Kong SB will be rare? cause i wanna keep waiting for it to drop in price. $35 is pretty steep. i wish i had bought Moana 3D SB. it was pricey also.

do u think Kong SB will be rare? cause i wanna keep waiting for it to drop in price. $35 is pretty steep. i wish i had bought Moana 3D SB. it was pricey also.
Not too sure about Kong. As for Moana that was a Disney movie, i always buy those and the Marvel movies since those are hard to find later. With the exception for Finding Dory, which target still has them probably because it was a Pixar movie or it was just not any good at all or both :???:

Not too sure about Kong. As for Moana that was a Disney movie, i always buy those and the Marvel movies since those are hard to find later. With the exception for Finding Dory, which target still has them probably because it was a Pixar movie or it was just not any good at all or both :???:
i really like finding dory. i preordered that.

The BB employee at the blu ray forums said his store got 16 copies and pre orders still have to be set aside. I don't know what you mean by rare but the fact that it has 4K, 3D, blu, DVD and DC means it will probably sell out and $35 for all that in a steel isn't that bad of a price. If you don't care about the 4K, 3D or DC someone is always willing to buy just the discs and that'll help lower your out of pocket price

The BB employee at the blu ray forums said his store got 16 copies and pre orders still have to be set aside. I don't know what you mean by rare but the fact that it has 4K, 3D, blu, DVD and DC means it will probably sell out and $35 for all that in a steel isn't that bad of a price. If you don't care about the 4K, 3D or DC someone is always willing to buy just the discs and that'll help lower your out of pocket price
Thanks, I broke down and ordered for home delivery since it was the only available option. I've got a 30% chance of getting a good copy so I'll still try and hit up my store on release day.

Thanks, I broke down and ordered for home delivery since it was the only available option. I've got a 30% chance of getting a good copy so I'll still try and hit up my store on release day.
Oddly enough, the few I get in the mail from BB arrive in perfect condition but the ones I get from doing a store pickup almost always have dents and/or scratches. I think it's mainly due to employees not really caring when they put them on the shelves or in the store pickup bins but it's getting pretty ridiculous.

Oddly enough, the few I get in the mail from BB arrive in perfect condition but the ones I get from doing a store pickup almost always have dents and/or scratches. I think it's mainly due to employees not really caring when they put them on the shelves or in the store pickup bins but it's getting pretty ridiculous.
Consider yourself lucky. My Logan 4K SB was so damaged that I can't even close the case.

My Kong Skull Island SB just shipped out. 

Also, about the $35 for the combo of 3D + 4K, there's not that many SBs out there that have both, as we've seen with Lego Batman and others.  For that alone, it might be hard to find post-release since it has both main wants for a movie release. 

My Kong Skull Island SB just shipped out.

Also, about the $35 for the combo of 3D + 4K, there's not that many SBs out there that have both, as we've seen with Lego Batman and others. For that alone, it might be hard to find post-release since it has both main wants for a movie release.
It is the only option if you want both 4K and 3D in the same package. I really wish more steelbooks would be like that though unfortunately it looks like the new Spiderman and Wonder Woman ones will not be. I may need to double dip on those at some point.

Looks like the Fifth Element 4K SB might be on the scarce side, as it's showing as in-stores only and it's gone from within 250 miles of me. 

bread's done
Back