iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I'd have to spend 400 bucks to get the 100 points needed for KH. I might as well pay silly ebay prices at that point.
I didn't even realize that was the point breakdown! No need to worry about that then. I just wish the shipping price for the Reward would stack with something in the store...

Did anyone actually get these?  The cheapest shipping option for me was $30.99 for 4 steelbooks.  The site is forcing priority shipping at the very least. wtf

As for point breakdown: I can't make much sense of it.  I got 15 points for Army Corps of Hell when it was $9.99 but I only got 70 points for the Nier: Automata Black Box Edition which was like $180ish if I remember correctly.

EDIT: fuck it, got 3 of the kingdom hearts steels.

Did anyone actually get these? The cheapest shipping option for me was $30.99 for 4 steelbooks. The site is forcing priority shipping at the very least. wtf

As for point breakdown: I can't make much sense of it. I got 15 points for Army Corps of Hell when it was $9.99 but I only got 70 points for the Nier: Automata Black Box Edition which was like $180ish if I remember correctly.

I would totally buy one from you to help with that high shipping cost.

Did anyone actually get these? The cheapest shipping option for me was $30.99 for 4 steelbooks. The site is forcing priority shipping at the very least. wtf

As for point breakdown: I can't make much sense of it. I got 15 points for Army Corps of Hell when it was $9.99 but I only got 70 points for the Nier: Automata Black Box Edition which was like $180ish if I remember correctly.

What did you buy to get 450 SE points? Are you on a subscription service for figurines?

Re: Square Enix - I have some extra point cards, but can't find where to input them. Anybody know?
are u talking about the registration cards in the game case? it says the link on it. i registered a couple of them and i dont see any points. no clue what it does besides having games show in ur profile.

are u talking about the registration cards in the game case? it says the link on it. i registered a couple of them and i dont see any points. no clue what it does besides having games show in ur profile.
Yeah, those registration cards. Weird. Link wasn't working before (just took me to the regular account login page), but now it does.

edit: Just added a card and it didn't give me any points either.

Those cards don't give points.  Those cards were part of the old Square Enix site which they since re-vamped.  

If you were serious about my points and how I got them:

50 points - Account created before 2/2015

290 points - Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition

15 points - Army Corps of Hell

70 points - Nier: Automata Black Box Edition

50 points - Anniversary (???)

25 points - Homefront: The Revolution Goliath Edition

Those cards don't give points. Those cards were part of the old Square Enix site which they since re-vamped.

If you were serious about my points and how I got them:

50 points - Account created before 2/2015

290 points - Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition

15 points - Army Corps of Hell

70 points - Nier: Automata Black Box Edition

50 points - Anniversary (???)

25 points - Homefront: The Revolution Goliath Edition
That's awesome. FF was 2/3 of the total points so that explains it. When I saw that even the Nier CE was only 75 points that told me there was no easy way to build a points base.

I get that this is a steelbook thread, but this is in the bluray/dvd section. Shouldn't most or all the above be in the CE thread in the Video Game section?

I'll second the sentiment that video game steelbooks shouldn't be discussed in here. I'm always a little annoyed when this thread gets bumped and I open it only to see it's about video games. Someone should start a thread in the game section for steelbooks if they feel they need a separate discussion outside the CE thread, but it doesn't belong in here.

Anyone's Alien Covenant ship yet? My preorders usually ship on the Wed or Thurs before release, but this one hasn't moved.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just curious I finally saw the links for the Batman and Harley movie on target site....... Are they going to have a Steelbook???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't mind that it's a sketched cover like Logan as I liked that one.  With this one the artist need a few more classes in perspective drawing as WW comes off as looking as a she's a deformed mutant to me.  It just looks off, it almost makes me think that it's some time of 3D lenticular cover.  Hopefully it will look better on the actual case.

I agree with some others here that the WW art looks a little off.  I guess it's a good thing that I've been buying the Target exclusives for the DC movies so I won't have to flip flop over this one.

Disappointed by the cartoony cover.
Disappointed by the lack of 3D in this and the new Spider-Man steelbook. Think I will just get the 3D combo pack for less and pass on the steelbooks. Can't really afford to keep spending $65 to double dip on these titles.

Disappointed by the lack of 3D in this and the new Spider-Man steelbook. Think I will just get the 3D combo pack for less and pass on the steelbooks. Can't really afford to keep spending $65 to double dip on these titles.
I agree, but at this point, I'm glad they are putting out 3D releases at all.

Thanks for mentioning 3D and Wonder Woman together. I hadn't seen it as even listed until checking after reading your post.

Finally got around to watching my Logan and Ghost in the Shell steels and I think this is the first time both the artwork and movie have sucked. Both movies were a chore to get through and the art is nothing worthy of displaying. Wonder if I can offload them even opened to at least recoup the money spent on them. : \

Ghost In the Shell was a bit bland and forgettable but Logan was one of the best of the year so far. Let me know how much you are selling it for, I have a buddy who was never able to get a copy

Picked up my copy of Alien Covenant at lunch, they had two regular copies and two 4K copies left. Also had one copy of Kong Skul Island out.

My Aliens steelbook came damaged, and there's nothing left in stock.

It's not damage I've seen before. The spine is kinda pushed out and warped on one side, but there's no visible damage anywhere else. But it no longer aligns to close. I'm assuming the plastic warped, and not the steelbook itself. But I didn't open it so I can still return/exchange it.

I returned my 5th Element steelbook with similar damage to your Alien Covenant. Just had to get a store locally otherwise they would have shipped another.

I arrived at my local Best Buy around 10:05, and they were completely out of Alien: Covenant 4K steelbooks. On the plus side, they did still have a small number of the regular steelbooks, so that's what I ended up with. The art on the steelbook is nice, quite a creepy, unsettling composition. I'm glad I didn't wait, as these stellbooks seemed to have gone very quickly.

I will be visiting Best Buy in the morning for the next two weeks as well. Next week is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II, and the week after that is the Lion King re-release. Both of those steelbooks are going to go very quickly.

My Aliens steelbook came damaged, and there's nothing left in stock.

It's not damage I've seen before. The spine is kinda pushed out and warped on one side, but there's no visible damage anywhere else. But it no longer aligns to close. I'm assuming the plastic warped, and not the steelbook itself. But I didn't open it so I can still return/exchange it.
The same exact thing happened to my Alien 4K steelbook. Doesn't look like there are any actual dents in the case but it doesn't look like it closed correctly and appears warped, especially at the bottom. And of course I can't exchange it since all local stores are sold out. It doesn't look too bad and as long as it closes somewhat I may just keep it. It does sound like a lot of copies of this release were affected by this just from perusing the thread at blu-ray.com.

I arrived at my local Best Buy around 10:05, and they were completely out of Alien: Covenant 4K steelbooks. On the plus side, they did still have a small number of the regular steelbooks, so that's what I ended up with. The art on the steelbook is nice, quite a creepy, unsettling composition. I'm glad I didn't wait, as these stellbooks seemed to have gone very quickly.

I will be visiting Best Buy in the morning for the next two weeks as well. Next week is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II, and the week after that is the Lion King re-release. Both of those steelbooks are going to go very quickly.
I'm curious as to why you didn't preorder GOTG Vol. 2 or the Lion King? Both were available for preorder for a long time. I find that I'd rather preorder and not have to stress about getting to a store at 10am to hopefully snag a copy. Most steelbooks arrive undamaged for me (except of course the last Alien steelbook).

I'm curious as to why you didn't preorder GOTG Vol. 2 or the Lion King? Both were available for preorder for a long time. I find that I'd rather preorder and not have to stress about getting to a store at 10am to hopefully snag a copy. Most steelbooks arrive undamaged for me (except of course the last Alien steelbook).
I just don't pre-order store-exclusive steelbooks. I live in an area where I have fairly easy access to two different Best Buys, so it's not like I'm without options. And until more recently, it hasn't been as hard to get my hands on these. When they first started doing these steelbooks, they would be available for as much as a week after launch. It's only in the past year or so that they have started selling out quickly. And while I like the steelbooks, I don't need them. If I miss out on getting one, it's not the end of the world.

I just don't pre-order store-exclusive steelbooks. I live in an area where I have fairly easy access to two different Best Buys, so it's not like I'm without options. And until more recently, it hasn't been as hard to get my hands on these. When they first started doing these steelbooks, they would be available for as much as a week after launch. It's only in the past year or so that they have started selling out quickly. And while I like the steelbooks, I don't need them. If I miss out on getting one, it's not the end of the world.
Must be nice to be able to hit a BB on release day. Some of us aren't so lucky with a shortage of free time, which is why we pre-order stuff.

Must be nice to be able to hit a BB on release day. Some of us aren't so lucky with a shortage of free time, which is why we pre-order stuff.

I have a late afternoon start time now, makes it a bit easier but when I was I working mornings it was impossible.

I looked around last night and there was only one store 40 minutes away. I skipped this release because I got it from Amazon for $23 but would have definitely made an order.

TBT: Lion King steel looks like shit!!! Disappointed they didn't make a lenticular cover, skipping that one too.

bread's done
Back