iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the first Sicario, actually a fan of all of Taylor Sheridan’s work, this one is still good but not as good as the first but it’s by no means a bad movie

I was thoroughly impressed by the first Sicario and it was a blind buy for me when it went on sale.  I was really looking forward to the sequel but saw mixed reviews.  It would be a blind buy for me again, but I think I'll wait until I can get the standard version on sale, like the first one.  Good thing I don't have the first one with SB (was there even one?) or else my OCD would compel me to get/overpay for the sequel.  :p

I was talking to my buddy about this, I think this may be party due to first one being behind Emily Blunts character vs Deltorro and Brolin. You get a glimpse into what they're all about and I'm guessing continue on into the sequel. I can see where there would be a disconnect for people but I'm looking forward to watching it.
I posted about this movie in here before, so here's what I said in my last post for anyone interested.

A word of warning to anyone that's a fan of the first Sicario and might be thinking of blind buying the sequel: it is complete and utter trash.

My wife and I both love the first movie, and we both agreed the new one is garbage. For example, remember how Emily Blunt's character in the first movie brought a relatable human element to it? Without her in the sequel, they have Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin's characters behave way out of character to try to replace that missing element, and it just does. not. work. The "ending" is one of the least satisfying things I've ever seen in a movie. Plot elements you think will be important are soon discarded. There's a bit at the end that's so cartoony and ridiculous that it doesn't even feel like this can possibly be a sequel to the gritty, thrilling, realistic movie that came before it. Maybe check it out if it comes to Netflix, but that's it.

I was talking to someone else who saw it and thought it was ok, but he had forgotten most of the first movie. Maybe that's what a lot of it comes down to. If you view it more as its own thing and more like a dumb action movie where you turn your brain off, you might like it (though I would still rather watch something like Fast Five over this). Viewed as a sequel to the first one, it's really quite bad.

I was thoroughly impressed by the first Sicario and it was a blind buy for me when it went on sale. I was really looking forward to the sequel but saw mixed reviews. It would be a blind buy for me again, but I think I'll wait until I can get the standard version on sale, like the first one. Good thing I don't have the first one with SB (was there even one?) or else my OCD would compel me to get/overpay for the sequel. :p
Never seen a US steelbook version, but there is a uk and japan version on blu ray. But there is a pre order for the 4k steelbook version up on the Zavvi site right now if your interested. Don't know if it will work with US players or not.

Never seen a US steelbook version, but there is a uk and japan version on blu ray. But there is a pre order for the 4k steelbook version up on the Zavvi site right now if your interested. Don't know if it will work with US players or not.
Thanks, but I'm good. I don't like the movie that much to double dip. :)

Don't know how many of you gusy saw these, Goonies is OOS though =(

fye.000000883929648504_0.jpg

fye.000000883929648467_0.jpg

https://www.fye.com/the-goonies-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-fye.000000883929648467.html#q=steelbook+exclusive&sz=12&start=16

https://www.fye.com/the-iron-giant-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-fye.000000883929648504.html

https://www.fye.com/trick-r-treat-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-fye.000000883929648511.html

https://www.fye.com/gremlins-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-fye.000000883929648474.html

I def want goonies and iron giant, I would bite on trick r treat but I’ll wait for a sale since it’s Blu only and no dc

Based on the information in the official Blu-ray.com thread about these movies, none of them appear to have a digital copy or for some reason they aren't worth mentioning.
I would totally get it IF it had a digital copy. The case is cool, but I also wanted the code so I can watch it on the go. I love that movie!

A lot of Walmart stores have a new Steelbook section in the media area.  A lot of former Best Buy exclusives in there, plus stuff like Game of Thrones Seasons 1 and 2 (only $19.96 each!).  But the highlight has to be an exclusive Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil steelbook for $17.96.  That movie was damn good and the steelbook design is pretty cool as well.

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Also, a ton of old horror movies with incredible artwork are all $10 at BB. Things like Poltergeist, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, The Fly, Child's Play, etc. Haven't seen those mentioned here at all, but they're pretty awesome.

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Also, a ton of old horror movies with incredible artwork are all $10 at BB. Things like Poltergeist, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, The Fly, Child's Play, etc. Haven't seen those mentioned here at all, but they're pretty awesome.
I think there are 15-16 Fox titles, I have all except for two of them, I'm a little in between about them, I read that they all share the same inside and back artwork.

Got these today!!

Ah so they're old then? I had never seen them posted here that I can remember, but the cover art is the same artist and all are fantastic. I just wish they were for titles that I would ideally want to have in my collection. My favorite is Jeepers Creepers coverwise, but the movie is just so bad lol.

Also found Grindhouse with no release date. Incredibles 2 for the now standard price of $35 is up as well if it wasn't mentioned. I think BB caught on to the fact that these steelbook releases work for them best if it's a truly small limited release and they charge full price. They sellout every time and command higher resale values online for it. In essence, they figured us out and now we're fucked. I mean, the rate I'm going with double-dipping on some titles and all releases; my collection is slowly transitioning to about 50% steels. The addiction is real.

Definitely getting the Wreck It Ralph steelbook. Need to get out to FYE to get some of those Warner titles

Those MGM/Fox horror titles are steelbooks of the Dios de los Muertos slip covers they did last year. They’re all ugly and easy passes for me and it seems like a lot of others at the Blu-ray steelbook forums

Some are $11.99 as well IIRC, but yeah that's a lot of them at the top. I picked up From Hell and Killer Klowns yesterday. GF had to point out they were artwork inspired by day of the dead because while it is that art style, something about it made them more subtle to me for whatever reason. I still dig'em.

Seeing more and more steelbooks and alternate cover art editions at the store now, many of which I had no idea existed so it's pretty clear they're starting to exploit the steel craze. They're gonna kill it if they don't calm the fuck down TBH.

FYE is doing an extra 20% on 2 or more steelbook purchase. I only picked up a couple of the exclusives. Don't know if it applies to any non exclusive titles.

It's absolutely crazy to me that when I go to Best Buy for an in-store pick up for Ant-Man 2, my copy is completely mangled and destroyed.
So apparently some Best Buys were giving away in store little mini steelbook copies of Ant Man 2 with purchase of the 4K steelbook. Would have been nice to get that with my mailed copy. If you want to see pics of it check out the thread in the steelbook section of the Blu-Ray.com forums.

So apparently some Best Buys were giving away in store little mini steelbook copies of Ant Man 2 with purchase of the 4K steelbook. Would have been nice to get that with my mailed copy. If you want to see pics of it check out the thread in the steelbook section of the Blu-Ray.com forums.
I didn't get one with my in-store pickup or the one I bought separately in person. I didn't preorder, though, so maybe that's why. But, I skimmed the thread you mentioned and it seems like getting one was more of an exception.

Somehow I don't think I placed an order for this one. It looks like the BB near my office has some in stock so I'll swing by on the way home tomorrow. Maybe they'll have those cheap looking mini steels.

From this post:

43227123_2178606342466093_3854732408882970046_n.jpg

43913757_2133863106930443_1369070766739845882_n.jpg

43522123_214631312582297_7194111815954956718_n.jpg

They're already releasing a new Spider-Man: Homecoming Steelbook, but without 4k:
One word. Regression.

They could have sold a bunch more the first time around if the piggies didn't want $34.99 apiece for a single movie steel.

Regardless, this is why I don't rush to go out and buy most movies anymore. These publishers are constantly devaluing our investments and screwing over the early adopters. Outside of Marvel and a few specialty discs, I don't pay > $20 for 4K or > $10 for most BDs anymore.

20181021-202124.jpg

I'm really happy with the stuff I picked up this week for $19.99 and $29.99 respectively. There is no end of awesome media to buy at a reasonable price.

Now next week we have a new dilemma with the three Matrix 4K steelbooks releasing for $32.99 apiece.  *sigh*  I just bought the Matrix in 4K too   (It looks freakin amazing btw, one of the best looking 4K discs).

6289699_sa.jpg

anyhoo I want the Matrix steels but I'm waiting until they're ~$20 apiece too, or else I guess I'll miss out. 

I like my chances.  

Kind of greedy asking $33 plus tax for each Matrix steelbook.  Yes, they are 4K, but they are also old catalog titles that most of us already own in some form.  Really should have released at $20 each and even that is pushing it.  I'll be passing until they drop to about $15 or so.

Kind of greedy asking $33 plus tax for each Matrix steelbook. Yes, they are 4K, but they are also old catalog titles that most of us already own in some form. Really should have released at $20 each and even that is pushing it. I'll be passing until they drop to about $15 or so.
Yeah, that's nuts. The Matrix was my first DVD (digibook IIRC) and I bought the complete trilogy on BR. As I don't have a 4k set yet, I can wait for the eventual price drop.

One word. Regression.

They could have sold a bunch more the first time around if the piggies didn't want $34.99 apiece for a single movie steel.
I don't know what you mean by this. It's not like there's a bunch of the initial release Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K steels clogging Best Buy's shelves. It's "sold out, rare, and OOP" so they definitely didn't have any problem selling them at $34.99.

Matrix is one of those movies for me that worked for its time but now is lost to it. Kinda like a band you liked 20 years ago but now you have no desire to listen to ever again.

And damn, I still have Alien Covenant wrapped in non-4k because I didn't have a player at the time. Oh well, they're gonna get me again in two weeks on Wreck-It Ralph in 4k because I can't say no. :(

A lot of shows / movies lose their luster when they ruin the ending or future movies. Dexter is a big one. Matrix, iMO, suffers for the same reason, with horrible sequels. Had it remained 1 movie, it would probably have remained more of a classic.

I don't know what you mean by this. It's not like there's a bunch of the initial release Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K steels clogging Best Buy's shelves. It's "sold out, rare, and OOP" so they definitely didn't have any problem selling them at $34.99.
There was a very low print run for the Homecoming steelbooks. They could have sold 4x as many at a more reasonably attractive price.

People have lots of options these days. They don't have to buy anything for $35 anymore. A person can wait a couple months like I did and pick up Homecoming in 4K UHD for only $13 at Target.

The steelbook used to be a customer appreciation, "thanks for shopping at our store", type of thing. Now it has become a device to gouge us for $33-35 on theatrical quality new releases.

Has anyone bought the Christine 4K SB from Best Buy? If so, does the code redeem in 4K at MA's site?

Kind of greedy asking $33 plus tax for each Matrix steelbook. Yes, they are 4K, but they are also old catalog titles that most of us already own in some form. Really should have released at $20 each and even that is pushing it. I'll be passing until they drop to about $15 or so.
A combo steelbook with all three movies (and maybe Animatrix) for $45 (or $55) would have been fantastic.

Tempted on those. If they end up cheaper during the holidays, I'd probably get them. But it'd be like quadruple dipping or quintuple at this point.

bread's done
Back