iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it will come back in stock but man I'm sad that the Little Mermaid 4k Steelbook is currently sold out at BB
It shows available for preorder now unless you were trying to order for in store pick up for a specific store, that varies, but it will now doubt pop up and down between now and release. Also they always release final in store pick up preorder stock at 10pm pst the night before release date

It shows available for preorder now unless you were trying to order for in store pick up for a specific store, that varies, but it will now doubt pop up and down between now and release. Also they always release final in store pick up preorder stock at 10pm pst the night before release date
Thanks for the heads up

I saw Best Buy has fancy new Steelbooks for a few old MCU films, like Civil War, but they're not 4K versions. I'll wait for those, like the first two Avengers got.

I saw Best Buy has fancy new Steelbooks for a few old MCU films, like Civil War, but they're not 4K versions. I'll wait for those, like the first two Avengers got.
Where are you seeing these? The only steelbooks I can find for some of the older MCU movies are the steels that were released in the middle of last year. For example, this is the newest Civil War steelbook I can find on the site, which came out April of last year: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/captain-america-civil-war-steelbook-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2016/6204571.p?skuId=6204571

Yeah what Navigator said

BB Canada is getting a Captain America First Avenger 4K steelbook next month, hope it finds its way down here

BB Canada is getting a Captain America First Avenger 4K steelbook next month, hope it finds its way down here

Your wish is granted....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/captain-america-the-first-avenger-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2011/6316076.p?skuId=6316076

attachicon.gif
1st avenger.PNG
This shouldn't be $35...none of these Marvel catalog should be. But it looks like they're going to be!

The other 2 Captain America films are being released on April 24th in 4k. Most likely will get the steelbook treatment too. These 4k steelbooks are cool but pricey.
If that's the case, I wish they could update the current Steelbooks with 4K discs and release First Avengers and Winter Solider with Matt Ferguson art.

They've adopted the quick and dirty method of making these expensive, but limited. Ensures sell through and they make the money they wanted. They don't care about collectors at this point, just their limited shelf space. Great for business, but a big fuck you to the customer. The only way to fight back is not buy them, but that won't happen en masse.

Umm Disney releases have always run about $5 more than other studios and they can because they’re considered a AAA, premium brand, people pay will pay for their product time and time again. Add in the premium of a steelbook and 4K and that’s how they land at these $35 dollar price points. The math adds up. No one likes paying these prices but it is what it is and it’s not going to stop because Disney, marvel collectors will pay couple that with steelbook collectors and these price points are here to stay until more people move on from blu ray and upgrade to 4K. You can always reduce the cost a little by selling of the digital copy and/or blu ray disc

The listing on Best Buy doesn't say it includes a digital copy, hopefully this is not the case. Maybe because it's a new listing and hasn't updated yet? 

Debating on I actually want to venture to a Target tomorrow for the Reign of Superman steel.  The desire for it is there, but the mental block of not wanting to drive for an hour one way and deal with trying to find it is strong.

I had no intention of getting the Nutcracker and Four Realms BB steelbook, but damn if that isn't one of the prettiest steelbooks I have ever seen.  Seriously considering it now.....

Even if disney didnt buy marvel they were already on their way to being a premium brand on their own and more than likely would’ve been pricing their steelbooks in the same range. Fox, Sony and WB already are pricing in the same ballpark but Disney’s the easy target I guess.

Yes the Cap steelbook will have a digital copy

Reign of the Superman should go up for in store pick up and/or shipping sometime tomorrow if it’s like the past target dc releases

Maybe when they redo the steelbooks like Doctor Strange 4K they can fix screwups like having no title on the spine. 

Anyhow,  the designs for Avengers 4K and Age of Ulton 4K steelbooks were completely phoned-in and beyond disappointing. Just a shit copy/paste collage like on all of their recent value editon-type lineup of Marvel releases. There have been many low quality, low effort releases from Disney so far in the realm of 4K.  The earlier discs all had Dolby Atmos audio issues and now the new titles have dropped Dolby Vision ouput. 

The point is that you don't get a higher quality product for paying Disney prices.  They also re-release things and try to get people to double dip constantly.   I'm not a fan of their retail publishing. 

So what’s the deal with Reign of the Supermen? No where within 100 miles seems to have the steelbook, but they also show the regular dvd isn’t available which makes zero sense. About 2 hours away has both in stock but I don’t care that much to drive that far.

Ehh, I don't know if I'd say Disney movies are "premium" items.  IMO, it's more that they know that people will buy them no matter what so they keep pushing the MSRP boundary.  Your average customer isn't going to be paying extra for SBs especially when the regular releases go on sale from time to time nor will they be double or triple dip for a special package or when their DVD copy is "good enough."  It's collectors like us who grumble at the price yet scramble to preorder and/or run out to stores on day one to buy them that gives Disney reason to keep selling them at the current price and even increasing it from time to time.

Disney is a AAA premium brand, that’s why they can get away with charging what they do for their products, theme parks, etc.
New release Disney titles rarely go on sale. Release week is the best time to grab them otherwise it’s a cross your fingers and wait for a Black Friday sale.

Edit - found one lone Reign of the Supermen 4K steel on my lunch break. There were probably about four blu ray steelbooks out

Superman sb are no where to be found. Wonder why?
Other stores seem to also have a limited stock of their special edition as well.
I watched it on DC universe and I think it's worth picking up.

My store didn’t have them yesterday but they had them today. The catch? Online it showed the store had no regular or steelbooks on hand.

Other stores seem to also have a limited stock of their special edition as well.

My store didn’t have them yesterday but they had them today. The catch? Online it showed the store had no regular or steelbooks on hand.
Hmm, I might call them tomorrow. I still want to get a sb to add to my DC collection and being able to watch it on my TV is a big plus . (DC universe is currently only available to me on a tablet )

I think we just have to be patient because multiple stores in my area didn't even get stock (like no movie at all), Targets site keep saying temporary out of stock so I'm waiting to see what's going on

[attachment=31745:20190131_105825.jpg]Picked these up at my Big Lots this morning.  There was only 1 copy of each and I only saw these 3. They came on one of those half pallet displays.

Got the Grinch steelbook yesterday and picking up the How to Train Your Dragon steelbooks later this week
This month is going to be soooo expensive for steelbooks - Little Mermaid, Wreck It Ralph 2, Captain America, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star is Born

Anyone heard anything new about the reign of the supermen sb? I heard some stores could be expecting a shipment "soon" ?
That may be true, I was in a local Target yesterday that showed no stock on Brickseek and the website, but there were 3 4K and 5 Blu-Ray steelbooks on the shelf.

That may be true, I was in a local Target yesterday that showed no stock on Brickseek and the website, but there were 3 4K and 5 Blu-Ray steelbooks on the shelf.
Yeah the stock numbers aren’t showing online for some reason. I was in my store today and they still have both steelbooks on hand but online it says they don’t.

With regards to the Reign of Supermen, I saw both on release day.  3 regular & 1 4k, but only at the lone store I went to apparently none of the other stores in the region got any that day.

Again i implore you guys to check the steelbook threads over at the Blu-ray forums for the best info.

In regards to Reign of the Supermen, don’t rely on brickseek or Target to give the most updated info. Per info from blu ray - “outside of Disney, most new media items are now classified as vendor items and don’t show up anymore in Targets store inventory system. So checking the website may become nearly useless for future new releases”

Don’t expect more RotS steelbooks to show up, what’s out there is out there (if anything left) and you’ll have to rely on checking the old fashioned way.

Edit - just saw two of the Blu-ray steelbooks at Target near my work

bread's done
Back